[Game] The Last Will and Testiment of Earth (Sign Ups Still Open)

35 posts

Flag Post

Earth has been subjected to extermination.
Who by? No one knows.
Why? No one knows that either.
When? Well, that we do know. Tuesday, January 29th, 2030. A week from now.

A group of humans have been applied a growth allowing them to use certain aspects of their brain they weren’t even sure about. Some could rip out the ground from under someones feet, some could move things with their minds, and some could produce the elements. Others have had their DNA mutated, changed into something extraordinary, allowing them to use their bodies in ways they could never even imagine, such as phasing through walls, stretching and erecting a bullet proof barrier.

This group of humans have a week to figure out what happened, fighting through different enemies to find different clues. Only then, can you find out what happens, and prevent the extermination of our home.

The only problem is, the other side have got natural growths.

Graphen’s eyes opened with a flick, the blaring sun shining through the dark curtains. Groaning, he rolled off the bed, his bed covers slipping off and gently landing on the floor. Pulling himself to his feet, he stared over at the dark door. Suddenly, there came a tapping, as of some one gently rapping, rapping at his chamber door. Briefly, Graphen smirked at his own reference. He yawned, dragging his slumping form over towards the door.

The door slammed open as a four armed man burst through. He grabbed Graphen, hoisting him up and throwing him out the window. Glass paraded down onto Graphen, as he slammed into grey concrete. The four armed man leaped down from the windowsill and crunched into the ground. Standing up, he turned to Graphen. Who wasn’t there anymore.

Black needles impaled the man, sending him sprawling. Groaning, the man turned around, but the black needles had withdrawn and shot for his legs. They held him in place, the blood dripping down. Graphen advanced forward.
“Who are you?”
The man remained silent. Almost instantly, he erupted into loud, maniac like laughter.
“That doesn’t matter now, Graphen! This world won’t last much longer!” He smirked.
“What do you mean?” Graphen asked.
“And neither will you.”
A thick, dark spike erupted through his chest. Graphen looked down, gasping. He collapsed onto the floor, a pool of deepening, crimson blood dripping around him.
“S-son?” He groaned, as a dark figure walked towards him.
“Goodbye, Dad.”
And a spike drove through his head.

[You may start posting!]

Flag Post

R4L

Flag Post

RESERVED

Flag Post

RESERVED

Flag Post

Density?

Flag Post

Density?

Flag Post

[I don’t understand where my starting point really is, I’m going it pretend it’s at my home in NJ until it is implied otherwise.]

Ringo

Ringo got up from bed. He felt a bit… weird. He didn’t drink or smoke last night, but something feels off. He decides to get up anyway and go check the waves down at the beach.

Ringo put on his suit and got his surfboard and went down to his favorite beach. He ran over to the rocky ledge and jumped into the water. He over-did it slightly.
“Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!” Exclaimed Ringo, flying outward into the ocean. He probably shouldn’t have jumped so high. The fall hurt him a little.

Flag Post

[I am going to wait for a location before posting.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by NimbusCloud26:

[Same here.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:
Originally posted by NimbusCloud26:

[Same here.]

(Ditto)
(This post is R4P)

Flag Post

[Oh, by the way, squid, the game’s name is different between here and the sign-ups thread.]

Flag Post

Ah, sorry guys. You all start at home, it doesn’t really matter. You will gain growths soon, just interact.

Flag Post

[I like the new title, especially the words you invented. :D]

Flag Post

Drew

Just another day when I wake up. My apartment sucks since I am by myself, but it was nice of the manager to even give me this place to stay. After digging through ingredients, I find a granola bar. “It’ll do…” I say as I eat it and look out the window, getting ready for work at the local deli.

Flag Post

Danielle
I awake as a familiar face enters the room. I don’t actually know his name, of course. “Sooooooooo, doc. What’s on the agenda for today?” I ask sarcastically. “Blood samples. Then some more tests,” he replies, and I shudder, looking at the thousands of needle marks covering my entire body. also at the thought of them feeding me weird chemicals and seeing if it improves me. I don’t want to be improved! I’m a good person as I am! Of course, eventually it will work and I’ll be like that kid who could read minds and just walked out because he could make people’s heads explode. Or that little girl they put wings on. Poor little thing flew arund like a hummingbird and starved to death. The terrors I’ve seen in here are enough to make anyone else explode. And yet I’m still alive. Why?

Flag Post

[Can I go around attacking innocent bystanders with my powers?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

[Can I go around attacking innocent bystanders with my powers?]

Originally posted by Squidward568:

Ah, sorry guys. You all start at home, it doesn’t really matter. You will gain growths soon, just interact.

Flag Post

I go around attacking innocent bystanders with my fists, because I have no powers yet. I knock a small child down. Her mother comes to defend her offspring, and I knock her down. An old woman tries to stop me with a wooden cane, but I knock her down. A large man comes over to stop me, the psychopath, and I knock him down. A man whom I recognize as the New York Champion Heavyweight Boxer dials 911, so I knock him down. The police come because he dialled 911, and I knock the police down.

Leaving the streets spattered with blood, I return to my house. Soon enough, an army lieutenant comes in and demands to know why I am covered with blood and why I have been identified as a mass murderer(for it appears I had knocked people down so hard they died), all while waving an AK47 at me.

I start to answer, then suddenly stop and knock him down. I take his AK47 and shoot a bunch of sergeants outside, his backup. The army comes and brings a tank, so I jump into the tank’s cockpit, shoot the driver with my AK47 and use the tank to take down the helicopter strafing my stolen tank. Then I come out of the tank and shoot all the infantry units trying to shoot me, then I get back in the tank and mop them all up.

Then I go to the White House and I blast down the front door with the tank shell, and I go in and I climb out of the cockpit and I shoot all of the president’s bodyguards and retainers and assistants, but then the AK47 runs empty, so I kill the president with my fists by knocking him down.

Then I hijack an airplane and fly it to an obscure location in Ukraine where nobody will ever find me.

Flag Post

Drew

After my boring shifts, I begin to return home when I read a sign; “Want to make a free $1,500? Come to our labs for some safe experiments!”. Can’t be that bad, and if I do it, that still leaves me with another $750 to spare! Still, that’ll have to wait. Can’t hurt to go to the labs though and see what I would be in for. The first thing I see is a woman with wings on the floor, dead. I also see a woman who looks like she is going to be tested on. I slowly back away…but they said it can be safe, and 1.5K is hard to pass up. I sit in the lobby, considering it as I count my minimum wage ending of about $37…

However the pressure and paranoia is relieved as I laugh hysterically at the news story about a guy that’s “knocking people down”…

Flag Post

Rhea Mehkis
So I’m sitting at home, watching television. At the moment, my working eye is okay; I’ll be totally blind in about half an hour, though. It’s fine, though. I can still listen to the subtitles, which are usually enough for me to figure out what’s going on, and the blindness only lasts for about twenty minutes before it abates a bit. The only bad thing is the fact that my favorite TV show is on during that time, a robotics program. Annoying, yes, but ultimately unavoidable. Although if I really want to see what’s happening, I can always watch the reruns the next day…
Suddenly, the doorbell rings.
’I’ll get it, sweetie.’ .
…guh. I hate that name. My mother called me “sweetie” at school once, before I got myself injured. I was laughed at for weeks afterwards, and the name still persists among my friends to some extent, even given my age. And my disabilities. Very annoying.
‘Rhea, could you come downstairs? There’s someone here wanting to see you.’ .
I roll my eyes, the left one’s movement not very noticeable on account of it being almost completely white, then grab my walker with my good hand and begin the relatively long journey downstairs. Unfortunately, it does have to be “stairs”, granted that a ramp would be potentially dangerous, and an elevator would be incredibly expensive. The stairs probably aren’t much better than the ramp, though – I’ve slipped at least three times before, and I’d probably have broken my neck the second and third time if I hadn’t insisted on getting a walker with usable brakes after the first time, which I only just saved myself from anyway. Lousy goddamn injuries.
At least the long time getting down the stairs gives me a few moments to examine the man at the door. And, if I were more paranoid than I am, I’d say he was an agent of some kind. Possibly FBI. Or MI-whatever. Either will do, they all look the same – black suit, trousers, shoes and tie, white shirt, shades… and look! He even has an earphone. How adorable. At any rate, the only other notable features are a relatively high muscle mass, and his hair – cropped, flat top, black. Like the clothes weren’t enough, and he had to be born with black hair too as a precaution. Thank you, I’ll be here all week.
‘Rhea Mekhis, I presume?’ .
…or not. Usually, when someone knows your name and you don’t know theirs, they want you to come with them. I nod.
’I’d like to ask you to come with me, please.’ .
Knew it. I look at my mother, who asks ‘And what exactly do you want with my daughter, again?’ .
‘With all due respect, ma’am,’ he responds, ‘the people I work for believe your daughter was involved in an… incident… roughly a year ago?’ He nods at me; looking at the stumps on my left hand side, I slowly nod back. How the hell does he know this… unless he saw the news story? That wasn’t exactly private, I guess…
‘I thought as much. Well, miss Mekhis, we may have a solution for you.’ .
…that’s funny, really. I convey as much with my sarcastic expression.
‘I am being completely serious. It wouldn’t involve much time on your part… just a few tests, if you will, plus a quick test of a new… substance-’ .
‘Nooooo, nononono, no!’ my mother immediately interjects. ‘No, you aren’t performing drug tests on my baby!’ .
…Jesus Christ, she actually just called me that.
‘Technically speaking, it’s not a drug. More like… a serum, of sorts.’ .
‘What kind of serum?’ .
Mother looks at me, an expression of surprise on her face. Rightly so – this is the first time I’ve said anything in quite a while. Or maybe she’s just shocked by my youthful impetuousness.
‘…ahem.’ .
That draws her attention back to the agent. "Ahem"s tend to not be good signs of anything, either.
‘Well… it’s, ah… well, you see…’ .
Heeeere it comes…
‘…it’s a mutagen. There’s no easy way to say that, I’m afraid.’ .
Mum is appalled into silence, naturally. My own external reaction is basically raised eyebrows. Did he seriously just offer to mutate me? That’s… that’s…
…that’s actually kind of cool. Especially considering he came out with it as boldly as he did.
‘You make an interesting offer.’ .
‘Rhea!’ .
‘I hope it’s not uncontrolled.’ .
‘To an extent. The location of its actions is based on where it’s applied to the body; what it actually does is, unfortunately, somewhat random. You don’t need to accept the offer, of course, if you don’t want to…’ .
…hmm. Free mutations, or a life of arm- and leglessness… and also variable vision from one eye only. What to do…
‘Look, I’d rather you didn’t do anything to Rhea, mister…?’ .
‘Classified.’ .
‘…of course it is. I suppose it’s your call anyway, Rhea. What do you think?’ .
‘Well…’ .
I guess I could use a change of pace. Since the incident, I’ve not had many opportunities to get out of the house. And God knows any extended period of isolation is bad for a person’s well-being…
‘…sure. Why not?’ .
My mother looks slightly distraught. The agent, on the other hand, is smiling lightly.
’You’ve made a good choice, Rhea. Oh, maybe I should have mentioned this first: you’ll be given $1500 for engaging in the experiment.’ .
‘So now it’s an experiment?’ mother interjects.
‘Call it what you like, ma’am. In any case, it’s a relatively large amount of free money for your daughter. I think she could probably use it.’ .
I nod lightly, then head towards the man in question.
‘Rhea?’ .
I turn back to mum quizzically.
‘…just don’t let them do anything you don’t want them to.’ .
I smile at her as a goodbye, then allow myself to be taken towards the van parked outside my house.
…hah. Yet more generic agent material. And that’s painted black, too. Guess the manufacturers are in on the conspiracy, am I right? Talk to me after the show, I’ll be signing autographs. One at a time, please, ladies.

Flag Post

Neanderthal

I wake up in a boring little apartment and wonder where I am. Right this is my new home. I remembered I had to move into a smaller apartment because I was running low on money. Another day another job. Time to look through the want ads. I think to myself as I walk into my kitchen. As i’m looking through the want ads I hear the phone ringing. I answer the phone and the person on the other end of the line offered me $1500 to do something for them. “1500 dollars! That’s enough money to last me through the month! I’ll take the job! What do I have to do?” The man on the other end of the line responded “All you have to do is participate in a small experiment. Just come down to the local genetics lab and say you’re there to make $1500.” Instead of hanging up the phone I left it on the counter and ran to the genetics lab. I knew where the genetics lab was because I once had a job there disposing of waste materials. It was a good paying job but I got fired for dropping a small bag full of blood on the floor. I wonder if they still remember me. I thought as I entered the building. “You again.” said the man at the front desk “What are you doing here you got fired.” I respond to him by saying “I’m here to make $1500.” “Alright you know where the testing rooms are. Go and wait for a doctor to call you in.” said the man. I immediately went back to the nearest testing room and sat down on a chair by the door. I see a man sitting next to me counting money and I ask him if he knows what time it is.

Flag Post

Drew

I am suddenly approached by a large, very large man. “Yeah, it’s about 11:00 a.m.”. I put my money away, cautious and pessamistic that he may take it. I am a martial artist but hell, he looks like he can devour me for a midnight snack! Because of how serious he looks, I try to stop snickering from the story of the man who is “knocking everybody down”. I watch as Black Vans are all over the parking lot. I still wait for my experiments, but I wonder how anyone can be so big as he is looming over me as if I were a bug.

Flag Post

I go into a gun shop and knock the owner down, then take a bazooka from him. I blow a hole in the wall of the local genetics lab and see two men, one hulking large and one nervously fidgeting with his money. “HEY THERE, WANT TO GET KNOCKED DOWN?” So saying, I use my bazooka to shoot the ceiling. The second story is full of doctors performing a delicate operation and most of them snap their necks as they hit the ground. The patient goes into spasms as the operation is interrupted and a final bazooka shot kills them all.

With a burst of maniacal laughter, I fire off a bazooka missile at the hulking man, but miss. “Alright, let’s play it my way.” I flip the bazooka around and thump the hulking man’s temple with it once. He staggers back and I grab the money-counter and knock him down. The hulking man comes up to me and I knock him down.

Then I take my bazooka and I run out of the lab, then fire a bazooka missile into a news van which is reporting a story about me knocking people down. A women is telling everyone that I am a psychopath, so I knock her down and she dies. Her cameraman tries to defend himself, but I beat him to death with the bazooka and I knock his corpse down.

Then I run back to the gun shop. There are several police officers circling the scene, some forensics investigators and a lot of “crime scene:do not cross” yellow tape stretched over the entrance. I shoot a bazooka, killing the officers and a forensics investigator. The surviving forensics investigators look at me, alarmed, and I knock them down, then take an AK47, spray-painted jet-black, along with 150 clips of ammunition from the gun shop.

Then I go around knocking some random passerby down and then go home. There’s a whole battalion of army troops there, but I fire my AK47 wildly and they run in panic. The AK47 takes down all but 10 of them. But I run ahead of them and block their path. They try to stop, but the momentum pulls them forward and I knock them all down.

Now I have a battalion of dead army troops in my house, so I go to a condominium with a “UNIT FOR SALE” sign at the front. There’s a real estate agent waiting to introduce me to the condominium and try to sell it to me, but I knock him down and take the key from him. Then I unlock the door and go into my new home. The previous owner is still living in there and it’s very comfortable, all soft armchairs and sofas and a gigantic flat-screen TV. A bank of computer screens also covers the far wall. The owner, a 20-something woman, starts to stand, but I knock her down and pull her outside and then stab her with a kitchen knife from her kitchen.

Then I take another kitchen knife and stab the dead body of the real estate agent, then I put the knives into each corpse’s hands so it looks like they stabbed each other to death. A while later, the police come and ask what happened here. I could knock them down but I don’t feel like it, so I tell them the real estate agent sold the house to me and then the woman suddenly ran out and stabbed him. He managed to grab a kitchen knife and stab her at the same time, and they both died.

They seem suspicious, but there’s no evidence against my story, so they take the bodies away. They assign a police officer to make sure I don’t get up to any trouble and I knock him down. The police come and ask who killed the officer and I told them it was one of the officers in the crowd of police and say he was a traitor who works for the mafia. The police officers pull him and the body in for questioning and I live a life of peace in my new condominium unit.

For now, until I feel like knocking someone down again.

Flag Post

Neanderthal

“What just happened?” I say as I pick myself up off the ground. I notice the genetics lab has several holes in it. Then I see the man I was talking to on the ground and pick him up off the ground. “Are you okay?” I ask.

Flag Post

Drew

“Ah shit…” I suddenly begin to burst into laughter. “Yeah, I’m fine man, thanks.”. I may have a concussion, but not even a pyhcopath with a bazooka won’t stop me from being able to fix up my apartment.