You may now post.

Flag Post

How do you want us to start?

Flag Post
Originally posted by wercooler:
Originally posted by Zzzip50:
Originally posted by wercooler:

How do you want us to start?

You can begin by signing up in the sign up thread.

Lol.

You can start by checking the sign up thread again.

Then you can start by beginning like every other Rp begins.

Now shut up.

Flag Post

[Please delete all the above posts as they are not relevant to the RP.]

Flag Post

I wake up in the inn, recently threatened to have my soul sacrificed I decided it was about time I got out of here. The empire seemed to be on the verge of a civil war, or at least in my eyes. I look in my pockets, empty.

“No worries” I say, running outside and using my materialise ability to summon up some gold to sell for ever so sweet money. After summoning I feel a bit tired and hungry, so I use my gold to pay for some food and for my stay at the inn and set out on the road.

Now that I’m on the road I start heading down a somewhat dangerous path and decide its better if I use my escape pod I bought from a mage in town. I select a part of the road ahead which the Empire technically didn’t own and set up camp. Hidden from any Peeping Tom’s.

Flag Post

(Azoth)
Upon exiting my burrow, I look around before descending to retrieve my notebook. I usually record the names of those who welcome Death so that I can “reference” them later on. I bring my pack of items and cloak with me as a head toward a Blackmoor neutral village.

Upon reaching the village, I look around for any points of interest.

Flag Post

Annelise

“James, I don’t think you realize what you are doing. He’s our own flesh and blood, do you not feel any sympathy?”
“Yes, play it off as if he was the victim. Come on Annie, he betrayed me when he sent those guards after me, he should have known better!”
“But it was for your own good! You were getting out of control, something had to be done before we ended up dead and never found again.”
“And that too would be my fault, I assume?”
Without warning, James disappears from his spot, appearing a second later just a few inches behind me.
“You see, I know you two have been working together for quite some time now, and honestly, I’m extremely disappointed in the both of you.”
“Don’t be ridiculous, I—”
A sharp pain on my side silenced me momentarily. James held me up with one arm, the other one twisting the blade before pulling it out again.
“It was only a matter of time before the both of you ended up dead,” he whispers in my ear, “But at least you’ll enter hell’s gate side by side.”
I look over at Keven, and it takes me a second to realize that the skeleton laid out on the table is what remains of him. But that was impossible, he was alive just moments ago…
“Now if you don’t mind, I have work to do,” he says, carelessly dropping me on the floor. I tried to reason with him, but James was always hardheaded, and he sure as hell wasn’t going to change his mind now. The bloodstained knife was pressed against my neck, and then there was a flawless slice.

I gasped for air, sitting up on my bed and checking my neck for wounds, but it was blood-free. This was just another restless night, one of many. Going back to sleep was never easy since the thoughts lingered in my head, and the only thing left to do here was patiently wait until sunrise…

Flag Post

I’m sick of bumping Hell’s games.

I arrived wherever a day ago. In these tough times I decided to build a general store on the road. I hired some passing by travellers who were on there way to Rivilor to help me cut down there trees. I use my quickbuild ability to quickly build the store. I then used all my remaining energy to use materialise to get more gold.

Suddenly my donkey arrived! YAY!

I hopped on my donkey and started heading to Rivilor to buy some supplies for my general store.

Here’s the link to the sign-ups btw

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
We will tear them apart. Their blood will rain on the earth and turn it red until the end of time.

I had to admit, Evernight’s words had intrigued me. I’ve heard of the other worlds, of course, but this… this was unprecedented.

It was tempting to have so much flesh to cut through, so much blood to drink. But if Evernight succeeded, he might gain power-really gain power. Perhaps beyond my control. If so, now was the time to kill him.

We need your strength, Arkfurionsk. You’re the most powerful demon warlock, we can’t do it without you.

And he had attempted to manipulate me. A crude, raw try, but flattery was undoubtedly extremely effective compared with other methods.

The advantages of killing him were thus that his influence would be kept in check by me, that he does not expand in power. The disadvantages were that I would be deprived of a possible source of great power.

I set it aside for the moment. These things could be considered later. Instead, I focused on the small figure observing the village I’m in. Maybe observing me. Short and squat, an imp in all respects. The vague shape of an urn was strapped to his back. I knew, even from this range, that it was Azroth.

I cast my mind back to what I knew about Azroth. He was the son of Otresallr, one of the more influential demon warlords. Back when he was alive. Some said that the urn contained Otresallr’s ashes, which could be used to summon his spirit temporarily. It was certainly possible; Rotfoot had conjured up his own uncle from a bloodstain on the ground. I haven’t met Azroth personally, but maybe now was the time to start. I just had to keep an eye on those ashes, make sure he doesn’t try to assassinate me.

Flag Post

[I have just mixed up Kipdon’s and reaper’s character. Ignore the unedited post, read the edited one.]
[:O I can’t believe this… this is so embaressing.]

Flag Post

Kasdeya
I slowly trot through the village on Kanen’s back. Half of the demons were giving me strange looks, the other half were giving Kanen similar looks. Every single demon similar to Kanen I’ve met has been feral, luckily I’ve yet to meet one Kanen’s size, making him somewhat unique. If a demon would wander to close to him he bare his teeth which was still fresh with gore lodged in his teeth from a recent ‘dispute’. I was searching for something to do, the thought of attempting to slaughter this village crossed my mind but I quickly pushed it out of my mind, these are potential allies. I was kind of hoping someone would attack me, give me a reason for my whip to taste blood. That grim weapon was coiled around my arm, but not in the death grip it usually is when it hits flesh, its hungry prongs lay dormant as I scan the faces of the crowd.

Flag Post

Roslang
“And you’re sure there is nobody to help me in this venture?” I say, checking my belt is on securely before I depart.
“No. Our name is true to our cause, Roslang. I just hope that you have some mercy in this matter.”
I reach for my bow, and remember it had broken a week before. I then turn fully towards my friend.
“Zane, I am not like the empire. I am just, and my blades are not so hungry for blood that I cannot stop them. Don’t worry about what I’ll do or how I’ll do it. Worry for the people I go to free!”
“What, Roslang, of your health?”
“Zane Wulfrick, you of all people should know that nobody need worry about my health. Now, I must be off.”

I depart from the hall of the Pacifists, and decide to head for the town of Porivere, to stay for the night before heading towards the capital city.

Of course, the shipment doesn’t arrive for 4 days, and the journey is of 2 days, but it will be a lot easier with a partner to help me. After all, I have a 5-minute window, and it would be the death of the cargo if I engaged in open combat before they were freed.

After all, it’s not easy to free an entire slave convoy, is it.

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
I am distracted from my thoughts of Azroth by the steady pad of heavy legs against the dusty ground. A murmur runs through the crowd, and I see the source of the commotion. A slender demon female treads through the village, riding easily on the back of a gigantic wolf. Its mouth seems to be constantly on the edge of a snarl, and the woman looks both fierce and prideful at the same time.

I recognize Kasdeya, a warlord of no small power. Her rise through the ranks had been rapid, and she had a good feel for the dangerous tension, the fragile relationships, the alliances made of glass between the demon warlords of Blackmoor.

She glances through the crowd carefully, a grim look on her face. She does not notice as a demon creeps up behind her, silent as a phantom, a long, curved knife in his hand. The knife has known blood, and death. That much is obvious, even from this distance. I watch as he lunges. An assassin, no doubt, hoping to increase his own power by eliminating a powerful warlord. The others will surely have him in their favor. Kasdeya was influential enough that her murderer could even be made into a warlord.

It crosses my mind to interfere, but I decide against it. Let events play out as they will. Cloaked in my grey robe as I am, not many recognize me for Arkfurionsk Inferfurie, the demon warlock of legend. The eye in my staff swivels impatiently, but I sooth it with a few swirling shadows. I ponder Evernight’s words again.

Come, Arkfurionsk. Why do you persist in fighting with other demons when we have a common enemy?

It was an interesting proposition. Better to join them, let them think I’m on their side. Evernight was easy enough to kill. He was brash and cocky, and careless in his arrogance. The demons under him would scatter and run, fleeing in all directions when he fell. Then I could forge an alliance with a weak-willed demon, allow him to rise to power, manipulating him all along. By proxy, I would be able to obtain all the advantage from Evernight’s endeavour.

You see, Arkfurionsk, I have found a way to open a gateway between our world and Gaia.

Under my grey hood, my lips form a smile.

Flag Post

Azoth
Growing bored with the usual inactivity of the domestic district, I look around the mercantile district. I expect madness, but what I see is two masses of demons sticking to the very edges of the street, as if trying to avoid something. I follow their shifting with my eyes and notice that they are staying away from something, or rather, someone. After seeing from just what they were distancing themselves, I assume what their reason was for the avoidance. I see a dreadful looking she-devil atop a vicious looking demon beast. Honestly, I can’t tell which is more frightening. Whether out of fear or respect, I turn around and re-enter the domestic district, thinking aloud, “Nope, nope, nope, she could have torn me limb from limb if I stuck out there.” Sighing, I look around and notice a large figure approaching me. “Oh great, he doesn’t look suspicious. Why can’t I just find a good job in these villages?” I reluctantly wait for the demon to reach me.

Flag Post

[Azroth, I’m cloaked in grey to disguise the fact that I’m a warlock. You shouldn’t be able to recognize me immediately.]

Flag Post

Roslang
I reach Porivere, a small town not too far from the home of the Pacifists. I stop in for the night, and go to the Poriwheel Inn, named for the mill that the town was build around, on the Poriva River.
“Aye, mate. What’ll you have tonight?”
“I’ll take 3 mugs of your finest Albera Ale, and 2 chops of venison, trim the fat, on a bed of haddock marinated in more Albera.”
“That be an expensive order, lad. Do you have the gold to back it up?”
I put a handfull of gold coins on the counter.
“That, and much more to spare. Speaking of said spare…”
I stand up.
“Anybody interested in a bit of gold who can fight may see me, so long as you are not afraid of the long arm of the Empire.”
I return to my stool. “What are you waiting for? I ordered my drinks.”

Flag Post

Kasdeya
Kanen emits a low growl and suddenly spins around and bats a leaping demon to the ground. I grip on to my wolf companion at the last moment saving me from being thrown off of him. My attacker hits the ground with a thud, it stuns him and when he looks up bith me and Kanen are glaring at him, although I’m trying to mask my glee at this show of entertainment. Fear crosses his face as my whip uncoils itself from my arm and slides into my hand. He jumps to his feet and attempts to flee, his is agile but his fate is sealed. My whip wraps itself around his legs, prongs driving into his flesh like the bite of a wild animal. I yank on the metal whip and send him flying comically to the ground. He climbs to his knees but I do not let him advance further, my whip slices across his chest and face. Fragments of his lifeforce are torn away from him and feed my hunger. Kanen slowly begin circling him and I make sure his execution is seen by all, his slow, painful execution. If he attempted to get off his knees he’d be whipped, if he stayed still for too long he’d be whipped. Growing bored my whip coils around his leg multiple times and I begin to drag him towards me and my pet. I put a foot atop Kanen’s head and slowly raise the demon upside down by his leg, he barely fought back. I stopped raising him when he was eye level with my wolf, I stopped when he could smell the breath of other slaughtered demons.
“Assassin, meet Kanen.” I say before his massive jaw closes around the torso of my attacker, his head jerks around digging his fangs into the demon even more. He releases him as his head is on a downward direction, smashes his body against the hard rock of the Blackmoor. He was a battered mess, I could have done better but he bores me, his screams are no where near as satisfying as they should be. He slowly raises his head, I don’t think he has any energy left to scream as Kanen’s jaws close around his head and yank upwards, tearing his head and ripping the spine out of his body.

Onlookers look horrified, but he deserved it. With a smile I say “Next?”

Flag Post

Annelise

“And exactly how much is a bit of gold?” I ask, moving over a few stools to sit next to the stranger. This wasn’t something I’d normally do, but stealing could only help you so much. “Because let me tell you, things have been especially hard these past few weeks, and I could sure use another source of income.”

Flag Post

Roslang
“All my money, except room and board for myself for 3 days, which is fair for what we shall be doing.”.
I lean closer to the woman.
“Of course, that depends on what you think is a fair price for helping me free 100 slaves from a convoy as they pass the gates into the largest and most heavily garrisoned cities in existence.”.

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
I am yanked back to the present as the assassin strikes, his wrist flicks forward, bringing the blade forward, but is interrupted by the whirling mass of flesh and fur that is Kasdeya’s massive grey wolf. He is knocked back to the floor, Kasdeya grins, almost enjoying the scene-and I can relate to the feeling-as the assassin scrambles to his feet. Kasdeya sends her whip coiling around his feet, crashing him to the ground for the second time in as many minutes.

He struggles to stand, but the whip cuts into his torso and blood leaks from his body. One did not reach the title of warlord by showing mercy to her enemies; Kasdeya certainly did not. With an almost bored action, she drags him to her, whispers something in his ear and then the wolf lunges, tearing him apart. She smiles, obviously suppressing amusement at the inept attempt on her life.

I step towards the clearing that has appeared around her and the thing that was once an assassin. “Impressive,” I say. “You must be Kasdeya.” I do not tell her my identity, nor do I reveal my thoughts that a quicker kill would perhaps be more efficient-unless she was trying to scare other assassins away.

Flag Post

Kasdeya
I scan the crowd with a smile, no one dares to move. As I am about to depart I hear someone from behind me, I turn around rather surprised, it was a challenge, a compliment actually. It was no surprise that he knew my name, I even heard it passed around as I walked through this crowd, people alerting the ignorant of my power. I did not recognize his face, well actually I couldn’t see his face but his voice sounded somewhat familiar, perhaps we’ve met before. He didn’t look like he was out to kill me, but you don’t survive in the Blackmoor by making those assumptions. My eyes still stayed locked onto his as I say “And who might you be?” in an almost playful manner.

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
Kasdeya turns around and peers carefully at me.
“And who might you be?”
“Arkfurionsk Inferfurie,” I say in a clear voice.
The murmur in the crowd grows louder and louder, almost panicky. My reputation is legendary, and several of the surrounding demons look like they’re preparing to run.

Flag Post

Kasdeya
My mouth forms an O as I’m left almost awestruck as I learn of his identity. I look at some fleeing demons with slight envy, people don’t run from my name as frequently. I have heard stories about him passed from my soldiers, I had suppressed their rumours and disregarded them, but I actually believed them myself. I compose my thoughts, if he was here to kill me there’s no use dying like a coward, I doubt he’s another assassin though, last I heard he was aligned with us… but I heard that story twisted in many forms. “And what is the honour to have to have you grace us with your presence?” I say trying to keep that same deceitful smile as before but ultimately failing against these changed circumstances.

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
I watch with amusement as Kasdeya tries to keep the smile on her face.
“Nothing of consequence, warlord. I just wanted to… show my appreciation for a job well done.” The eyeball swivels three hundred and sixty degrees. "I’m sure future assassins will think twice before assaulting you, hmm?
[]

Flag Post

I have arrived in town. I use materialise once again and summon more gold. I go to the local bank and swap it in for a heap of money. I use this to buy another donkey and a cart. With my remaining gold I buy fruits, vegetables, seeds and other assortments. My general store would have just about anything you local traveller would need. I also hired some builders and lumberjacks. They would bring some stones and their help for building my store.

I get on my now filled coach and head back to my store.