[Vote for Resolution]The Council of the Plains page 11 (locked)

268 posts

Flag Post

This game will not end well.

Since I, in a fit of rage, disclosed the fact that there’s a bulletproof scum, this game is officially ruined, by me. And now, I want to restart the game, but in what form, and in what way?

Please discuss. You have 7 days. If a resolution is not formed, then… Blast, a resolution must be formed.

Several ideas to discuss:
1. Should I restart?
2. Should I shuffle the roles again?
3. Should I extend the game phases?
4. How stringently should I enforce the rules?
5. etc.

Flag Post

1. Not immediately.
2. If the roles are exactly the same, you’d might as well have not reset. A reshuffle is STRONGLY recommended.
3. I didn’t see any problems with this.
4. Probably doesn’t help that you expected someone to answer a question or eat a modkill.

Flag Post

1. If you want to.
2. I would prefer if you did, considering there are revealed roles and inactive players.
3. If you want to.
4. Send out modprods if there is inactivity and keep up the inactivity rule. I heavily emphasize the former, if you haven’t already been using them. While they may not have an absolute success rate, it’s better than projecting insults/threats off of the thread title.

Flag Post

My advice is that you need to stop interfering the game with your little remarks and going off-topic. Do like every other GM does and just tally the votes and NK results and nothing else.

Flag Post

1.No.
2.No.
3.No.
4.Averagely stringently.
5.No.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

My advice is that you need to stop interfering the game with your little remarks and going off-topic. Do like every other GM does and just tally the votes and NK results and nothing else.

Go play in mafiascum.net for some bloody hardcore mafia, jerk, and I’m obviously not running a hardcore mafia. You are not required to join my game, and if you don’t like it, quit it. Don’t be a bloody jerk.

For all other players: Will you still trust me?

Flag Post

I guess I am partly responsible for the inactivity in the thread (being one of the inactive players myself), and if I don’t post here, it will possibly be the worst way to handle the situation. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for not posting during the last week, but the fact is that we didn’t get any net connection here during that time because of some strange wiring problems that took our ISP at least a thousand trips to figure out how to solve.

As for the questions:

1. Restart? As in, start a whole new game thread with this game? I really think it isn’t necessary, since you can just shuffle the roles, hand them out and restart the game right from here.
2. As in 1.
3. I don’t think it is necessary.
4. Medium…?

Will you still trust me?

Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean whether we can trust you to continue the mafia well, it is equal to the amount of trust you put in our activity sure, why not. Just because something went wrong once doesn’t mean that you should quit doing it forever. Give it another shot, and maybe enforce Bluji’s rule about inactivity if that is what is troubling you.

This isn’t your duty or job or anything that you NEED to perform to the best of your ability. When you stop enjoying it, you are free to quit and start anew when you think that you have the forumula for success right. It isn’t like we are going to hate on you for having a failed game when nearly all of us have similar, and sometimes more shameful experiences of the same kind ourselves.

Flag Post

I trust you if you stop fudging around with the title, not adding stew-pid crap there.

Flag Post

LOL, 10/10 GM

If you can’t take an advice, you don’t qualify to make a game.

Flag Post

Hosts should not interfere in the mafia game in any way, no matter how “hardcore” the mafia is. It’s to preserve fairness, you know. Like how even the most casual of football games do not involve handballing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Hosts should not interfere in the mafia game in any way, no matter how “hardcore” the mafia is. It’s to preserve fairness, you know. Like how even the most casual of football games do not involve handballing?

Mafia is not a fair game.
1. Timezone/schedule problem of players. Some players will have ample time to hammer while others won’t.
2. Role difference. Because there are many different settings in different mafia games, you can’t expect that you will have the same power level with other players. For example, by the Grace of the RNG, CowFriend is scum in all of my mafia games.
3. Bastardization. Well, I think I explicitly tell you that this is a bastard game.
If you want a fair game, play a Mountainous one, jerk. Oh, by the way, you’re banned. Why are you still here?

@Cowfriend: Well, RNG made you a completely bulletproof scum, and you now do this to me? Well, next time, I will make sure that you are a post-restricted miller, perhaps also suicidal, too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

I guess I am partly responsible for the inactivity in the thread (being one of the inactive players myself), and if I don’t post here, it will possibly be the worst way to handle the situation. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for not posting during the last week, but the fact is that we didn’t get any net connection here during that time because of some strange wiring problems that took our ISP at least a thousand trips to figure out how to solve.

As for the questions:

1. Restart? As in, start a whole new game thread with this game? I really think it isn’t necessary, since you can just shuffle the roles, hand them out and restart the game right from here.
2. As in 1.
3. I don’t think it is necessary.
4. Medium…?

Will you still trust me?

Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean whether we can trust you to continue the mafia well, it is equal to the amount of trust you put in our activity sure, why not. Just because something went wrong once doesn’t mean that you should quit doing it forever. Give it another shot, and maybe enforce Bluji’s rule about inactivity if that is what is troubling you.

This isn’t your duty or job or anything that you NEED to perform to the best of your ability. When you stop enjoying it, you are free to quit and start anew when you think that you have the forumula for success right. It isn’t like we are going to hate on you for having a failed game when nearly all of us have similar, and sometimes more shameful experiences of the same kind ourselves.

Thanks. There are still kind people out there.

Okay, guys, so the people has spoken and they say that shuffling is enough. Hence, I will do it this way.

Flag Post

For all other players: Will you still trust me?

I’ll trust you if you stop feeling the need to insult everyone you see.

Go play in mafiascum.net for some bloody hardcore mafia, jerk, and I’m obviously not running a hardcore mafia. You are not required to join my game, and if you don’t like it, quit it. Don’t be a bloody jerk.

He wasn’t asking for a “hardcore mafia”; he was only asking that you didn’t influence the game with mod comments and reveals. And I sense hypocrisy in the ending comment here.

Bastardization. Well, I think I explicitly tell you that this is a bastard game.

Bastardization doesn’t mean that the host should reveal information. You stated yourself that you destroyed your game by doing so (although I wouldn’t entirely agree that you were the sole suspect there).

If you want a fair game, play a Mountainous one, jerk.

The balance of Mountainous games depends completely on the set-up.

Well, RNG made you a completely bulletproof scum, and you now do this to me? Well, next time, I will make sure that you are a post-restricted miller, perhaps also suicidal, too.

Do not take your emotions into hosting. That’s deliberately destroying balance. And why should CowFriend feel indebted to you because of a role he got?

Flag Post

MAfia is not a fair game, don’t make it less so.

EDIT:I lost alot of respect for you.

Flag Post

@Cowfriend: Well, RNG made you a completely bulletproof scum, and you now do this to me? Well, next time, I will make sure that you are a post-restricted miller, perhaps also suicidal, too.

LOL

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Pulsaris, you are the reason why people are quitting and giving you this “shit”. No sane GM puts this in his title:

[I WILL BLOODILY MURDER THOSE WHO SIGNED BUT GO LURKING. I WILL SEND ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS TO THE TORTURE CHAMBER IF YOU DON’T POST SOME THRICE-CURSED WORDS IN MY THREAD.]

You have just lost every bit of respect I possibly at any point had for you.

Wait a minute. No-one blames Jask for putting something like this on his Questionarial’s title. Why? Why?

Flag Post

Wait a minute. No-one blames Jask for putting something like this on his Questionarial’s title. Why? Why?

As a matter of fact, a bit of people enjoy it too.

But seriously, don’t follow in my steps, you’ll only end to your own doom.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Because I’m not in his game.