[Vote for Resolution]The Council of the Plains page 7 (locked)

268 posts

Flag Post

Night 1

The vanguard of the Imperial Army has camped besides the edge of the Distant Forest.

Meanwhile, the Council of the Plains is having a heated argument about spies. Some councilors suspect that some spies has infiltrated the Council. After a day’s argument, the councilors decide that Jaskaran is the most suspicious; they order Jaskaran to be executed.

Pulsaris, the President of the Council, sitting high up and touching his Orb of Nine Dragons, says, “your last words, Jaskaran?”

“I’ve had enough of this shit.”

Pulsaris let out a barely audible sigh, and the Orb of Nine Dragons spits out a bolt of lightning, which penetrates all his magical defense and zaps him until he becomes a large stick of charcoal.

Pulsaris announces, “Jaskaran has gone mssing lately. If we don’t find him soon, we may have to arrange for a by-election.”

Later, a team of Urban Cohorts barge into Jaskaran’s house, only to find that he is a mage who is aligned to the Plains.

Jask is eliminated. He is Plains-aligned and he is a mage, who can do 1 personal NK per night.

Night 1 has started. Do not post until Day 2.
21.5 hours left.

Flag Post

Shouldn’t the thread title be updated BTW?

Flag Post

NICE LAST WORDS

NOOB

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

Shouldn’t the thread title be updated BTW?

Achievement unlocked: Kindhearted.
RaceBandit receives the Favor of a Mod, which will negate one ban if he ever breaks any rules.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

NICE LAST WORDS

NOOB

I thought I have said for several times that one shall not post at night, NOOB. No, I did not mistaken.

But since you called me as “Your Awesomeness”, I will refrain from punishing you with humiliating post restrictions.

Also, since I have messed up with the title, let me extend the night for 24 hours. 25 hours left.

[Any dissent can be sent to me via PM.]

Flag Post

3 hours left.

Flag Post

Day 2

The army of the Empire marches into the Distant Forest, the home of blood-sucking mutants and other ancient demons. An elite legion is also heading to the Plains from the West.

The elven ambassador, from the Pine Glades, has announced that the Glades will send ten thousand elven fighters, a company of battle mages and one legendary mage to reinforce the Plains. The ambassador says that the Glades is afraid to be the neighbor of the Middle Earth Empire.

Meanwhile, the daily meeting of the Council has begun, and Pulsaris is handing out some files to the Councilors.

“This is some information for those councilors who,” Pulsaris suddenly makes an air quotes gesture, “disappeared during the night. I have sent some Urban Cohorts to ransack… ah, sorry… to search the missing councilors house, and their findings are written down in these files.”

RaceBandit is eliminated. He is a Plains-aligned and he is the Master of the Flaming Hall. He has 1 personal NK each night. He also has one roleblock each night, and it can be substituted for a “cop power” at odd-numbered nights.

MaistlinRajere is eliminated. He is a Plains-aligned Captain of the Adamant Knights, who has 1 personal NK and can protect 1 player from all personal NKs and 1 ability NKs each night.

72 hours left.

Flag Post

Seriously…

Then who the hell was even the bad guy? I guess it coulda been friendly fire.

This just brings us back to square one… I believe the mafia are smart people, but I have a theory that 2 mafia players voted yesterday. It looks like Maist was like a superdoc and racebandit was a roleblocker/cop?

I don’t think I was targeted with a mafia kill that night either since I made a stupid blunder and mafia probably left me alive so I could get things wrong some more.

Okay time for a bit of psychology…

A player who defends another player by attacking the other player’s attacker is very probably scum.

Saying that, though, Jask was town so I was actually right about that but I did also target a town player.

From the lack of many deaths I am assuming to bring the amount of mafias in yesterday’s lynch to between 0/1 meaning I want to say me, helltank, devourer and bluji are all guilty of nothing but friendly fire, yet I still have my doubts.

Now, I could say that, but something makes me think Devourer was quite early on in one of the lynches yet the clear bandwagon for the second lynch with little to no information provided on any of the votes is very scummy, and for that reason I am going to suspect Woon, helltank and Bluji all for just the methods and the deceitful language they were using when they were wagoning away like that. Little to no evidence was provided.

I have a feeling that the mafia is kind of focus firing, they know that protection must be fairly limited since there is a large amount of kills then they must be based on numerical values, meaning if three people go for a person with bulletproof and who is also being protected by one person, they die no matter how much protection they have.

This is a good strategy I think for mafias, but another theory I’ve had is that there are a lot of protect and bulletproof and what has happened is kills have been placed but haven’t gone through due to role blocks and protects. This could mean that they have spread their kills out yet only managed to get a couple of kills. I still believe the former to be the case though.

One thing I want to know is whether we have any more doctors… my save doesn’t work on ability kills and only works on personal kills, meaning I can’t do much against mafia alone. I’d like to believe the mafia knocked off RaceBandit at night because me and devourer had voted him the day previous as a kind of “oh look he voted him then the next night he died” thing.

Another thing I am being careful about is that the only people who died were in the other wagon, yet nobody who was voting racebandit were killed. I would like to blame this on perhaps the people in their wagon, if they slaughtered everybody in their own wagon who was town, they might think town would turn against our side of yesterday’s lynch argument, perhaps blaming us for killing the two. But of course I can’t really say that since only I can know for certain that I am town, or maybe a cop could know too but eh.

Well for now I’ll FoS Noone based on anything connected to that lynch. Maybe Helltank was just acting really weird for no reason or maybe he thought that Jask’s VIness actually meant that he was mafia. Dunno, but it seemed Woon and Bluji were just last minute opportunists who wanted to sneak a kill in but saying this implies that they have bad intent, and if they did then they would have known that both wagon targets were town.

Which mafia would vote on someone to change one townie dying to a VI dying. Which mafia would vote at all to save townies? Which mafia would vote when they didn’t need to. I guess

For this reason I believe that the least suspicious people in the entire mafia, right now, are Woon and helltank and I feel confident that I can consider them as innocents based off of reasoning that I feel is pretty solid…

No offence to anybody, but I consider Bluji as a wild card, sort of. So even if he is mafia, he seems to go out and do crazy things that only a townie would even dare, I think that’s even truer considering I now believe there are between 3 and 5 mafia now, they can afford to lose Bluji, and, in a way, him doing mad plays that would probably get him lynched is also evidence that he could be a townie, meaning he will be willing to do things that a normal mafioso is too concerned with survival to do.

So after I have considered this… I think the mafia contribution was about 0 using last day. If you do the maths, I reckon mafia might have placed their kills well.

Assuming they were aiming to knock off two people from the RaceBandit side, they could effectively leave 3 left.

Now due to the lynch, on the Jask side was only me and devourer left.

Now if you think about it, why did they target those two, maist and RaceBandit of all people? Mafia I don’t doubt wanted to frame me and devourer for the kills. Now due to the maths I used that actually leaves 3 vs 2, meaning if the RaceBandit side follow Bluji, and if Bluji thought me and devourer were responsible, you three alone could outnumber me and devourer and lynch us, meaning they get an extra kill or two for their kills. They don’t need to do anything but kill.

Of course this is all pretty much just speculation but it’s the only reason I have why those particular people could have been targeted. I can’t think of another reason.

Well based on the fact that 100% of those three our town, on the bright side, this means we could be more likely to knock of a mafia today, so a message to the rest of town: Don’t let your guard down against this stuff.

I have a few FoSes to throw out there, since I like to always have someone at least on the go:

Coolo, DragonArcherz and CF for coasting, which is kind of like posting but not having opinions and trying to stay on the sidelines I guess. I feel like it’s a sort of inactive/active lurking style of thing.

Zzzip for active lurking, one of his only posts was simply in response to a vote, and for the rest of the mafia he has been either passive or lurky. It is considered big if people respond only to being voted, but since it’s too early in the mafia to say that’s really solid evidence then I’ll just say that I’ve got my eyes on him. Watch it sonny jim!

Flag Post

I believe the mafia are smart people, but I have a theory that 2 mafia players voted yesterday.

Why do you think this? Why in theory would people who are lurking be less likely of a scum? Since we weren’t given a specific number of town and scums, how did you come up with the specific conclusion of “two” mafia players voting yesterday? This seems suspicious. You’re either trying to divert attention away from the inactives or trying to draw away from helltank, devourer, or/and Bluji (one of them could be your buddy trying to buzz from each other during yesterday’s discussion). Though I do think helltank is more likely to be from a different faction, judging by his aggression towards ocelot.

Also, from the known roles, you can clearly see that townies also have NK abilities. Are you suggesting that people with NK are considered scums?

I don’t think I was targeted with a mafia kill that night either since I made a stupid blunder and mafia probably left me alive so I could get things wrong some more.

There are two ways I look at this.

1. You weren’t applying pressure to scums, which are most likely in the inactive group.
2. You’re scum and you’re free to utilize the fact that you weren’t NK’d somewhat as a support to prove your innocence.

A player who defends another player by attacking the other player’s attacker is very probably scum.

Scums generally holds a large advantage in the area of defending another player. As a scum, since you yourself is a scum, you have no need to worry about defending another player, since he will guarantee to flip town. This is a tactic used to gain innocence with no expense.

I’d like to believe the mafia knocked off RaceBandit at night because me and devourer had voted him the day previous as a kind of “oh look he voted him then the next night he died” thing.

I didn’t even think it this way when I read the results. How do you know it’s not the townies plotting a kill on Race through the encouragement of the discussion from yesterday? You sound like you know exactly what the mafias are doing this game. I honestly don’t even know why you need to include this part. It seems like you’re trying to take the first step instead of letting others initiate first on the night results. This feels to me like what you did when you protected Jask, but also attempting to block any suspicion on you by typing everything beforehand.

Well for now I’ll FoS Noone based on anything connected to that lynch.

I believe you’re overthinking it. Majority of your post is centered around players in yesterday’s discussion. Like I said in the beginning, are you trying to shield the inactives from being suspected upon?

he seems to go out and do crazy things that only a townie would even dare

Can you give me an example of this? I’ve been paired with him as scum in the past, but not really that impressed about his play. It could be that he was busy preparing his other games. Just curious about this since I wasn’t active for a few months, maybe that’s when he pulled off some mad moves. In my eyes, I feel Bluji has the air of being inconspicuous (common) during the day day while not seeing like he’s inactive (uncommon). Both town and scum don’t usually kill him until lategame.

Also, the way you worded that post is strange. Sounds like you’re really deliberate about the idea of mafia and trying to sound like you’re not one yourself. Your specific mentioning of scums’ contrived plans are off, like you exactly know what they’re doing and trying to drive suspicion off of yourself.

Vote ocelot

Flag Post

Vote Ocelot
Was going to explain, but I’ve been very tired these few days and I don’t have the time to write up a wall of text. Suffice to say it’s basically the same as CowFriend’s reasons.

Flag Post

Well I’ve forgotten to check the thread for a few days. I’ll read up on what’s happened and post my opinion later.

Flag Post

Tally:
Ocelot 2 – Cowfriend, helltank

72 hours left.

Flag Post

Also, although you guys might be planning conspiracies via PM, which I permit in daytime, please contribute to the activity of the thread by posting. Don’t forget that it is your duty to vote.

Flag Post

I will Un-FoS CF now, not because he voted me, but he’s contributing much more now and it seems like he’s got much more of an opinion.

Also, the way you worded that post is strange. Sounds like you’re really deliberate about the idea of mafia and trying to sound like you’re not one yourself. Your specific mentioning of scums’ contrived plans are off, like you exactly know what they’re doing and trying to drive suspicion off of yourself.

I wouldn’t say that a strangely worded post means I’m mafia.

Can you give me an example of this?

You want me to go find an old mafia and quote stuff from it? More trouble than it’s worth.

I believe you’re overthinking it.

Over-thinking = mafia.

There are two ways I look at this.

1. You weren’t applying pressure to scums, which are most likely in the inactive group.
2. You’re scum and you’re free to utilize the fact that you weren’t NK’d somewhat as a support to prove your innocence.

Evidence? These are just random theories.

Scums generally holds a large advantage in the area of defending another player. As a scum, since you yourself is a scum, you have no need to worry about defending another player, since he will guarantee to flip town. This is a tactic used to gain innocence with no expense.

So what you are saying that the fact that I tried to defend someone it makes me mafia? I was actually referring to the “Chainsaw Defence” which is a good scumtell, the fact that you try to defend someone using another vote is supposed to be a scumtell of sorts, so I wasn’t actually trying to imply I was innocent at all to be honest.

I didn’t even think it this way when I read the results. How do you know it’s not the townies plotting a kill on Race through the encouragement of the discussion from yesterday? You sound like you know exactly what the mafias are doing this game.

How so.

I believe the mafia are smart people, but I have a theory that 2 mafia players voted yesterday.

Why do you think this?

I was using a writing style called “flow of consciousness” first employed by james joyce, it means to write exactly what comes into your mind as it comes and therefore I assure you everything I’ve written is only exactly what I was thinking at that one time. That’s why I didn’t delete stuff and instead I did this:

I am assuming to bring the amount of mafias in yesterday’s lynch to between 0/1
I think the mafia contribution was about 0 using last day.

As the post went on and I thought about more stuff I changed my conclusion over time, I spent quite a while on that post anyways but none of it is re written or deleted, I just wrote what was on my mind.

Anyways I don’t really have any reason to answer the rest of your post because it was mostly just questioning little tiny portions of my post, most likely just picking bits out to make me look like scum.

Whatever, just wagon me if you want.

What I am not going to forgive though, is people who keep voting with no reasoning, such as helltank. Two days in a row that is now. Vote Helltank I will remove the vote when he provides reasoning, and don’t just say you’re tired.

Flag Post

I used my personal NK last night, and I did not target RaceBandit OR MaistlinRajere. Just so you know. Lemme read through your posts and find out what nice things you have said about me.

Flag Post

Tally:
Ocelot 2 – Cowfriend, helltank
Helltank 1 – ocelot

46.5 hours left.

Flag Post

Helltank, I would appreciate it if you would answer my questions on page 5.

As a general note, and even though I don’t like it when people try to scumhunt off of night actions, I was the one who NKed Maist. I thought he was inactive, as I somehow didn’t notice that he had voted on Day 1. If it isn’t obvious by now, I tend to use my vig kills on inactives, as they’re more difficult to interrogate.

(Helltank)

Vote Jaskaran

Reasoning?

(Woon)

[Vote: Jask]

Reasoning?

(Ocelot)

Why do you feel the need to justify why you weren’t killed at night?

Now, I could say that, but something makes me think Devourer was quite early on in one of the lynches

I had my reasons for voting. And why do you “think” that I was early? If I was early to vote, there shouldn’t be a doubt that I was.

my save doesn’t work on ability kills and only works on personal kills, meaning I can’t do much against mafia alone.

Why do you feel the need to make a subtle roleclaim here?

(CowFriend)

And just how would that prove a scum’s innocence? If anything, it makes him more suspicious.

(Helltank)

Vote Ocelot
Was going to explain, but I’ve been very tired these few days and I don’t have the time to write up a wall of text. Suffice to say it’s basically the same as CowFriend’s reasons.

Explain anyways. I’m tired and not in the mood, but I took the time to post seriously. This type of post doesn’t help town at all.

(DAZ)

Well I’ve forgotten to check the thread for a few days. I’ll read up on what’s happened and post my opinion later.

Why do you feel the need to post this? First of all, if you’re going to return into activity, just do that. Second of all, it’s been sixteen hours.

Flag Post

Well, I wish to say this one thing before I am lynched:

My honest candidates for the most innocent players right now is Bluji and helltank. Believe me as one townie to another. If mafia are reading this, your feet smell.

Also deal with helltank he’s just bandwagoning and not really helping anything along at all.

Unvote helltank
Vote Ocelot

I am accepting this lynch in the hopes that you will heed my words once I’ve been lynched.

Flag Post

I am accepting this lynch in the hopes that you will heed my words once I’ve been lynched.

What words? If you’re talking about suspicions, the ones that you have stated are plain scumtells and would be pressured even if you didn’t die. And if you’re talking about suggestions of innocence, I’ll still regard those with skepticism even if you die and flip town, as a townie’s opinions can always be wrong. I don’t see why you would vote yourself unless this some sort of subtle attempt to get others to unvote.

Flag Post

@ocelot

Over-thinking = mafia.
So what you are saying that the fact that I tried to defend someone it makes me mafia?

In mafia, you will never be able to come up with a definite statement unless there’s an investigation ability involved. A vote doesn’t automatically mean you will flip scum 100%, it just means you’re more suspicious than anyone else in the game at that moment. With your logic, we would never be able to make a lynch if there are no cops because there aren’t any “evidence”.

@devourer

And just how would that prove a scum’s innocence? If anything, it makes him more suspicious.

By adding salt and pepper in describing the night. I don’t know why he would be that genuinely surprised that he isn’t NK’d. To me, it just sounds like he’s trying to contrive a silken post by giving others the impression that he’s innocent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

What words? If you’re talking about suspicions, the ones that you have stated are plain scumtells and would be pressured even if you didn’t die. And if you’re talking about suggestions of innocence, I’ll still regard those with skepticism even if you die and flip town, as a townie’s opinions can always be wrong. I don’t see why you would vote yourself unless this some sort of subtle attempt to get others to unvote.

You don’t understand.

They wont be pressured, because once I am dead, they will no longer be scumtells.

I have no subtle attempts to get people to unvote, the dead are always believed better.

My town play has no regard for survival, but if I must die, so be it, especially if it helps me get my points across. When I am dead, re look over my words and think about them knowing them as from the role that spoke them.

Flag Post

Actually, I’ve sort of lost interest in this mafia, so I’m going to request that Pulsaris make a replacement for me.

Also, I was a Hermit, a Compulsive Commuter.

Flag Post

Day 2 – Interlude

In a vast forest, a large sum of fighters is resting, having their lunch. The priests and other kinds of clerics are darting around to dispel the taints in the local water.

Meanwhile, in the Council, ocelot, a councilor, speaks, “I vote for myself to be lynched.”

The president, Pulsaris, jumps up and shouts, “What the sanguine inferno is this fornicating excrement are you talking about, you mentally subpar son of a female dog? Have you gone fully intellectually underdeveloped? Well, you see, ten of the councilors are already sleeping, and are you also sleeping too, mentally subpar vagina?”

Tally:
Ocelot 3 – Cowfriend, helltank, ocelot

32.5 hours left.

New rule: Each game day, you must at least post once to ensure your activity. This rule will be in force in Day 3.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Actually, I’ve sort of lost interest in this mafia, so I’m going to request that Pulsaris make a replacement for me.

Also, I was a Hermit, a Compulsive Commuter.

You are not going to quit this until I find a replacement, I tell you. Or else, perma-ban.

Flag Post

Vote helltank
He’s obviously scuml.