[No Sign-Ups] Take Your Temperature: Part II

162 posts

Flag Post

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Welcome to the second game of Take Your Temperature

There are a few rule changes from the original game , which I’ve bolded for those who already know the game.

Here’s the idea: everyone is on one of two teams, divided by Warm and Cool colours on the colour wheel. You know which team you’re on by the first letter or number of your username. A through M and 0-4 are Warm Team; N through Z and 5-9 are Cool Team. Everyone can play. Here’s how to do it.

The objective of the game is to be the first team to reach 69 points. (Why 69, you ask? No reason. I just like the number…) At any given time, gameplay is stationed on one of the colours. This colour is determined by the previous commentor. You can take your turn by posting the name of an adjacent colour. Typing in this colour grants you 1 point. I will mod, but please keep score.

Here’s the thing: you can only type in colours of your own Team, and only when they are adjacent to the previously mentioned colour. Members of the Cool Team can type ‘green,’ ‘blue,’ or ‘purple;’ members of the Warm Team can type ‘red,’ ‘orange,’ or ‘yellow.’ But only if the colour is right next to the previous one.

You may have realised the strategy to this game: Orange and Blue are safe colours for their respective Teams, but Teams can’t earn points unless they type in a new colour. This grants the opposing Team a chance to steal the game placement, if it’s quick.

In short: deduce which Team you are on, look at the most recent comment, and type in your own comment of a neighboring colour.

Have fun with TYT! I will only join if it’s necessary to get the game going.

A few miscellaneous but important rules:
1) You may not write the same colour as the previous commentor.
2) You may not post until at least two other legitimate comments have been made since your last one.
3) Limit one per player: Suggest a little-known subreddit (that I end up liking) to earn an extra 3 points for your Team!

-Kaleb525

PS: Feel free to post another of this game, but it would great if you credit me by using the poster or mentioning my name in the instructions. Thanx!

Flag Post

Orange.

Warm: 1
Cold: 0

Flag Post

Yellow
Warm:2
Cold:0

Flag Post

Orange

Warm: 3
Cool: 0

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 4

Flag Post

Orange

Warm: 5

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 6

Flag Post

/plottwist

Purple

Warm: 6
Cool: 1

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 7

Flag Post

Orange

Warm: 8

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 9

Flag Post

Orange

Warm: 10

Flag Post

Red

Warm: 11

Flag Post

Purple
Cool: 2

Flag Post

Blue
Cool: 3

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Red

Warm: 12
Cool: 2

Ninja’d muthafiretrucker!

Flag Post

Yellow
Warm: 12

Flag Post

Orange
Warm: 13

Flag Post

Yellow
Warm: 14

Flag Post

Guys, you’re misunderstanding.

The current score is:

It was at blue, so any of the warm team can’t touch it, please realize this and stop following up on eProstitute’s mistake. Thanks.

Flag Post

Ahh, tayfga’s quote must’ve confused eProdigy into thinking it was on Red.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkboy5846:

Ahh, tayfga’s quote must’ve confused eProdigy into thinking it was on Red.

Red is still not touching yellow.. it touches orange and only orange on the warm side..

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Guys, you’re misunderstanding.

The current score is:

It was at blue, so any of the warm team can’t touch it, please realize this and stop following up on eProstitute’s mistake. Thanks.

Thanks, Jask, for clarifying.
The game rests on Blue with Cool at 3 and Warm at 11, as you said.

Flag Post

Orange
Warm: 15
Cool: 4

Flag Post

Uh, no. Orange and Blue are not adjacent.