RaceBandit's Storm of Chaos (Game Over): Grr, phenomenal cosmic power. page 7 (locked)

234 posts

Flag Post

(hell)

I am giving you one last chance to answer my queries before I decide to vote you for stagnating discussion and avoiding questions. I’d say “RTFT”, but this post contains most of my questions. Scroll down to the bit that is labelled with a (hell) at the top.

Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

(Jask)

Screw formatting. Bold everything and italicize everything, there.

That does not explain why you want to bold and italicize everything. Explain, please.

(Blu)

My gut’s been active lately, as weird as that sounds. And no, I shouldn’t probably have mentioned that one, once again.

Why shouldn’t you have mentioned that one? If you don’t trust yourself, why’d you bother mentioning that?

Yup. I think I even mentioned that.

If you think Jask is a VI, do you advocate helltank’s voting against him? If you do, what makes you think that we are likelier to strike scum by lynching Jask if his normal behavior is that of a VI?

I don’t know, why are you asking me? Maybe he’s scum? Maybe he’s VI? Maybe he doesn’t have enough evidence to make a better argument? Idk!

Asking you so I can know your opinion on the matter.

That last bit doesn’t help me at all. Also, the answer isn’t very satisfactory. Can you return to it again, please, preferably rereading helltank’s post and explaining your stance regarding helltank with more than “He can be X, he can be Y, he can also be Z!”?

(devourer)

In the category of individual scum, multiple (or rather, infinite) roles exist. After all, a host can always make up a role or use a role like Arsonist.

Ah. Well, SKs can also be made in different ways if the host wants to. Still, understandable.

You have said that you will hunt for scum first, but won’t you lose if all the scum dies before you?

Not Pulsaris, but don’t you mean “You have said you will hunt for scum first, but won’t you lose if all the scum dies before the Survivors?”?

How did you come to this conclusion?

Paranoia thinksme

What role do you believe that helltank is?

Not sure why you are asking that in a closed setup where there can be any role.

(Pulsaris)

Just like that people will roleclaim eventually. If I could clearly explain this, I would do so already.

Why will Survivors trueclaim, again?

(Jask)

Why must a townie’s actions always help town in some way or the other?

For some brainraping reasons, the makers of mafia wanted it to be so that townies won with town, which means townies’ve better help town or be brainraped themselves. Or something along those lines.

(DAZ)

Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Flag Post

(AN)

Not Pulsaris, but don’t you mean “You have said you will hunt for scum first, but won’t you lose if all the scum dies before the Survivors?”?

I evidently did not spot that syntax error.

Why will Survivors trueclaim, again?

As mafia, would you lynch a survivor or a power role, which is obviously abundant in this game?

Flag Post

EBWOP: I conjecture that textile cannot handle three layers of tags.</offtopic>

I mean, you (AN) would want to check your post before leaving behind a stew of broken quotes.

Flag Post
A PM from gamelover13:
I’m sorry, I’ve just been getting too many assignments lately in school. Can I forfit, and you give my role to someone who signed too late or something? I really am sorry about quitting. And I think Tigg is on a vacation, he goes on a lot.

Dammit Tigg.

Gonna need a replacement or two. gamelover13’s slot will be given a higher priority. If I can’t find a replacement for either or both of ‘em by the end of Night One, they’re modkilled.

Flag Post

Man, I get a lot of homework and competitions and whatnot, and when I return…

(Jask)

Screw formatting. Bold everything and italicize everything, there.

This is a pretty good example of making yourself look like an idiot.

(asskaran)

[Retard]

Let’s not insult eachother now, okay?

kk Time to start answering. This is the only mafia I’ll make an exception for.

So you’re telling me that you aren’t answering to questions in other mafias?
Cool story.

Do this.

lolno.

Excuse me? Don’t make up facts about me as you wish, Blu. I don’t like to hinder the game, it just comes naturally.

If you would excuse me, I’d prove this wrong. It doesn’t come naturally, you’re just somewhat arrogant in all games. These aren’t the same.

I don’t like your question, therefore I have not answered it.

If I would get a question containing lots of swear words and insults, not to mention bad spelling, grammar and finally complete lack of logic (which is the worst combination IMHO), I would still answer it. Not liking a question does not justify ignoring it.

(helltank)

I can’t read through this. No, seriously. This is just text wall after boring text wall. Go look at mafiascum.net, they don’t have so many text walls. This is because they want to preserve readability and interest in the game.

Answer them. No, seriously. Answer those motherfricking questions. If you’re too lazy to do it, I’ll be forced to vote you for halting the discussion, and possibly letting us argue with eachother while you win with your scumbuddies.

(More coming tomorrow, I gtg to sleep)

Flag Post

(Pulsaris)

Just like that people will roleclaim eventually. If I could clearly explain this, I would do so already.

Why would survivors want to roleclaim? If you believe something, you should have some reasoning behind it.

I assume that there’s only one buttf*cker here. Maybe I have mistaken.

That wasn’t my point.

We don’t have a schedule in mafia, so I assume that there will be some free time, I guess.

There is no such thing as a free Day. As I’ve already said, it’s in town’s best interest to scumhunt at all times.

(Jask)

Why must a townie’s actions always help town in some way or the other?

Town shares a goal, so it’s only reasonable for a townie to reach for that goal. Why would a townie deliberately hurt town unless it’s some part of some plan of his?

(Adeeb)

Bad phrasing on my part.

Not sure why you are asking that in a closed setup where there can be any role.

Again, bad phrasing. I’m basically asking for his opinion on helltank’s posts instead of his mostly dodgy answer.

(Pulsaris)

As mafia, would you lynch a survivor or a power role, which is obviously abundant in this game?

As mafia, would you know if a player is a survivor or a power role just based on a claim? Unless you happen to have a mafia version of a cop, the claim has the possibility of being fake.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:
A PM from gamelover13:
I’m sorry, I’ve just been getting too many assignments lately in school. Can I forfit, and you give my role to someone who signed too late or something? I really am sorry about quitting. And I think Tigg is on a vacation, he goes on a lot.

Dammit Tigg.

Gonna need a replacement or two. gamelover13’s slot will be given a higher priority. If I can’t find a replacement for either or both of ‘em by the end of Night One, they’re modkilled.

May I?

Flag Post

While Tessinda was trying to sort out the bugs in the simulation, RaceBandit noticed that one of the players had the wrong gamertag applied. It was nothing more than a small mix-up, really, and it was quickly fixed. Fixing the bugs, however, would take longer…

SisterEvil has replaced gamelover13.

Flag Post

Why would survivors want to roleclaim? If you believe something, you should have some reasoning behind it.

I have seen people doing that, but I can’t explain. I also can’t explain why there’s ball lightning, but it does exist.

There is no such thing as a free Day. As I’ve already said, it’s in town’s best interest to scumhunt at all times.

aka witch-hunt. Scumhunt hunts more townies than scum.

As mafia, would you know if a player is a survivor or a power role just based on a claim? Unless you happen to have a mafia version of a cop, the claim has the possibility of being fake.

Sorry, sorry. I meant nightkill but sine I was inebriated sleepy, I typed lynch.

But I do get your point, and well, you’re right. I was wrong.

Flag Post

Anyone have any questions for me? Honestly, I’m finding it very hard to read through all the text walls right now.

Flag Post

Votals
Jaskaran2000: 2 (helltank, DragonArcherZ)
helltank: 2 (Jaskaran2000, devourer359)

Deadline in an hour and 40 minutes. Because Jaskaran got his two votes first, he will be lynched if the votals do not change.

Flag Post

Night 1 – Nightlights for the Weary

Jaskaran2000 has been lynched. His role will be revealed at the start of Day 2.

Tessinda: This was a bad idea.
RaceBandit: Let’s face it… One of them already died, and if unchecked, there would’ve been more casualties for sure.
Tessinda: Still, there had to be better methods than THIS.
RaceBandit: You got any bright ideas?!
(beat)
RaceBandit: Thought so. Now let’s get this shit fixed so we can end this “game” early.

Night 1 has begun. Deadline: December 3, 12:00 Noon, UTC-7.
TiggZ_ will be modkilled if he cannot be replaced by the end of the night.

Flag Post

Deadline in about 51.67 hours. I am still missing actions from some of you.

Flag Post

MOD: May I ask why we even have a 96-hour deadline on night 1? What’s the sense in that?

Flag Post

Obviously to kill the attention and interest of every player participating, duh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Obviously to kill the attention and interest of every player participating, duh.

Exactly.

Also,

Originally posted by Bluji:

inb4Jaskdiesnight1

And he dies Day 1 instead. XD

Flag Post

MOD: May I ask why we even have a 96-hour deadline on night 1? What’s the sense in that?

I realize none of you are xkcdians, but over there, the deadlines try to factor in weekends. Not sure why, though…

It might be too late to shorten the deadline, since that’s a bastard mechanic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

I realize none of you are xkcdians, but over there, the deadlines try to factor in weekends. Not sure why, though…

It might be too late to shorten the deadline, since that’s a bastard mechanic.

Bastard… mechanic?

Flag Post

If this is meant to be a bastard game, it’s because of another balancing failure, like what happened to Blind Man’s Lynch.

Flag Post

What.

Flag Post

Day 2 – Death, Minus the Monkeys

You have to admit; you got a bit scared when the simulation didn’t end as planned. You were even more scared when Venten DIED. So it’s no surprise that after lynching Jaskaran2000, you were feeling tired. Well, some of you, anyways…

Doesn’t help that Jask had nothing more than a 3DS and a copy of Pokemon Black 2.
Jaskaran2000 was a Mason. Alignment: Town.

You then notice that you were two players down; SisterEvil and TiggZ are nowhere to be seen. After a quick search, you notice a blood splat with no corpse. You also find a few things laying around the blood splat and come to the conclusion that SisterEvil was killed and eaten.
RUMIA!

Anyways. There’s enough evidence to conclude that SisterEvil was the Double-Duty Cop, having simultaneous access to an alignment cop and a rolecop. Both powers could be used on the same night. Alignment: Town.
(The player responsible said they were doing it for the lulz. So much for that replacement! >_<)

TiggZ actually had a corpse for you to search. Unfortunately, there was nothing more than a broken 3DS and a copy of Pokemon White 2. It begs the question of how the 3DS short-circuited itself, however, as TiggZ’s hands were charred…
TiggZ was modkilled for inactivity. He was also a Mason. Alignment: Town.

Tessinda: That’s not a good start.
RaceBandit: Town needs to get a little lucky.

Day 2 has begun. The deadline is 12/7, 1 PM, UTC-7, so about 97 hours.
Some of you will get PMs regarding non-lethal actions that have been taken. (I think I’ve sent them all now.)

Flag Post

Vote helltank for the same reasons that I had before. Also, excuse me if I say anything redundant; my memory of D1 is foggy and I’m too lazy to reread the entire thing.

(Pulsaris)

I have seen people doing that, but I can’t explain. I also can’t explain why there’s ball lightning, but it does exist.

So you would bet your win on a concept that you don’t understand?

aka witch-hunt. Scumhunt hunts more townies than scum.

Explain why you think this. Some examples would be nice.

(Woon)

Anyone have any questions for me? Honestly, I’m finding it very hard to read through all the text walls right now.

Not that I have seen. But as for one, what’s your stance on helltank?

(Bluji)

Please elaborate on your stance on helltank.

I’m pretty sure you know very well too why I came to that conclusion. Jask’s basic behaviour gives out the image he thinks he’s better than everyone else, so that no one should be voting him because he is so superior according to what he gives out in the internet.

If this is his traditional behavior, how is this scummy when he would be behaving as such as town? And if it isn’t scummy, why do you feel the need to point out that it feels like an OMGUS vote?

and you seem to be just nullifying all those points with good reasons (though I must agree that posting text walls is not a scumtell). I’m just thinking that you seem to be a little too eager trying to nullify all those arguments against Jask

If he has nullified helltank’s posts, doesn’t that make his argument stable? And if his argument is stable, how does it feel too eager?

Jask is just behind his normal idiotic self, and hindering the game which he really likes to do. helltank is trying to create arguments based on semi-logical reasons. If I had to choose the scum, I really would choose Jask as one since he isn’t trying to help the game to process

If Jask is just being his normal idiotic self, why would that be scummy?

but it is also known that the most helpful are usually against you.

Oh, and the above post might have some logical fallacies (or whatever you’d call them), because I’m kind of in a hurry right now.

Would being rushed cause your response to have logical fallacies?

Flag Post

So you would bet your win on a concept that you don’t understand?

Yes. I have to try. I see (or saw) no better alternative, so I have to do it this way. By the way, Bluji has proposed that there may be no survivors (or in my opinion, there may be only one) because of the bastardity of the game.

Everything here is just a gamble, I’m afraid. I tried my best, that’s enough.

Explain why you think this. Some examples would be nice.

Jask.

Seriously, in what I have observed, scumhunt is no better than throwing a die. And because there are more townies than scums, scumhunt misfires often.

Flag Post

I’ve managed to survive a day under the shadows. [Vote: helltank] TeeHee

Flag Post

I’m going to hide behind a similar reason as devourer359 and say “my memory is a little foggy, and especially because I forgot about the game for the last day or two of day 1, I’m even foggier”. And I would also like to note that I would be happy if not to receive any comments about the fact I seriously can’t remember what I was thinking about helltank’s argument.

If this is his traditional behavior, how is this scummy when he would be behaving as such as town? And if it isn’t scummy, why do you feel the need to point out that it feels like an OMGUS vote?

Do I have to answer this as the person regarded is dead and proven town, making my possible argument being wrong?

If Jask is just being his normal idiotic self, why would that be scummy?

See above.

If I remember correctly, I’ve faced this kind of situations earlier. (And no, do not ask me for examples, because I can’t remember exactly in what game it happened in.)

Would being rushed cause your response to have logical fallacies?

Possibly, but why I was rushed has exactly nothing to do with this game. Anyways, why did you bring out the need to point out my rush possibly could cause me to lose thought? If you want someone to blame for those logical fallacies, blame my mother, who caused me to rush that day.

If he has nullified helltank’s posts, doesn’t that make his argument stable? And if his argument is stable, how does it feel too eager?

Um, I guess. But is always stable=/=eager? Could it be possible that he tried to create as stable arguments as possible because he so eagerly wanted to protect Jask? (Though, this theory was proven wrong since Jask was town. If he would’ve been mafia, then this theory could’ve been right (Adeeb could’ve been mafia too). Though, it could’ve still been right, if Adeeb as mafia wanted to keep Jask in game because Jask confuses people?)

(djrockstar)

I’ve managed to survive a day under the shadows. [Vote: helltank] TeeHee

Explain.