RaceBandit's Storm of Chaos (Game Over): Grr, phenomenal cosmic power. page 9 (locked)

234 posts

Flag Post

dj, I’m still waiting for your explanation. This ain’t Worst Role Ever, so I guess your role can’t be “you can’t explain why you voted someone, or else you’re modkilled”.

Flag Post

Night 3 – I’ve never actually had coffee.

djrockstar’s gloating caught devourer359’s attention. Nobody moved a muscle to stop the latter from single-handedly hanging the former.

djrockstar has been lynched. His role will be revealed at the start of Day 4.

Meanwhile, someone silently pulled out a handgun and shot … himself.

Bluji has committed suicide. His role will be revealed at the start of Day 4.

Tessinda: They’re starting to lose it.
RaceBandit: I’ll admit; not even I would have expected that.

The Deadline for Night 3 is December 17, 1 PM, UTC-7. Anyone who was not sufficiently active on D3, and who does not show any night activity (either by PMing scumbuddies, using night actions, or just sending me a quick PM to confirm they’re still in) will be modkilled at day start.
(Oh wait I can’t see nightchat between scumbuddies)

As a reminder, the following players are still alive: T6salt, Zzzip50, tracymirkin123, devourer359, Pulsaris, DragonArcherZ, hamuka, AdeebNafees.

Flag Post

Day 4 – Shedding some light…

The first order of business, obviously enough, was checking the corpses of those who had fallen D3.

djrockstar was the Arsonist. On each night, he could either douse one player with gasoline, or burn everyone he doused. This attack bypasses invulnerability and healing. Alignment: Indie. His win condition was to be the last player standing, and he could win ties with the Mafia. Better luck next time.
Bluji was the Mafiya Goon. ’nuff said.

There were, quite obviously, more casualties. …well, one more casualty. This one was a bit tricky to find, as there was no body; just the fact that T6salt had gone missing. He seems to have shared the same fate as SisterEvil…

T6salt was killed and eaten. He was the Godfather. Any cops in this setup would see him as a Vanilla Townie. Alignment: Mafia.

Tessinda: YES! Turning things around.
RaceBandit: I don’t think T6salt’s bane is on our side. Then again, it could’ve easily been worse.

(Not depicted: A total lack of modkills.)

Day 4 Deadline: 12/21, 1 PM, UTC-7
With seven players alive, it takes four to hammer.

As a reminder, the following players are still alive: Zzzip50, tracymirkin123, devourer359, Pulsaris, DragonArcherZ, hamuka, AdeebNafees.

Flag Post

Eh. We don’t really know much for a D4 do we? Well, I guess we know dj’s actions was probably a gambit now.

Flag Post

Someone start up a RQS or something. If nobody does it before me, I’ll probably do so, but I don’t have the time or willpower right now to rescan the thread for suspicions.

Flag Post

RQS eh?

1. How many scums do you think there are?
2. Do you think RQS is useful?
3. Will you prefer no-lynch?
4. Do you think the town can win?
5. Do you like Nutella?

1. One or two more, I guess. There is already a bunch of scums who rested in God’s arms.
2. Actually not much, but it’s way better than nothing.
3. Lynching is the town’s best weapon, so why not?
4. If we keep active, we do have a chance. Be active, guys.
5. Absolutely.

Flag Post

(RQS)

1. 1-2 more, I think.
2. Not really.
3. Only on D1, otherwise hell no.
4. Of course.
5. See 4.

Flag Post

Before I proceed, FoS DragonArcherZ. I have kept quiet all this time in the hopes of getting a couple more hits, but now is probably a good time to own up. I claim 1-shot bulletproof Town Tracker.

These are my tracking results:

N1, DAZ: Myself. Incidentally, I also lost my bulletproof status that night, and received a confirmation from RB that I had been saved from death.
N2, Woon1957: No result.
N3, devourer359: No result.

I believe that scum must be down to their lowest numbers around now (with 3 of their members down), and since DAZ targeted me N1, and I coincidentally got informed that I had been saved from certain death that very night… I want a clarification of this from DAZ before doing anything else.

Flag Post

The plot thickens…

DAZ, your opinion on this?

Flag Post

Okay, 2 things – What does RQS mean? Sorry, I’m a bit rusty on abbreviations.

Secondly – Was I mafia, don’t you think I would have realised you were still alive? Protected, that would mean doctor or bodyguard. Considering I know your knowledge of mafia tactics [though you consider yourself a noob], would I have not tried to kill you as soon as possible?

Also, I sincerely doubt you had bulletproof because I am a doctor, cannot protect self.

It’s my word against his, but believe me that I am telling the truth.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Okay, 2 things – What does RQS mean? Sorry, I’m a bit rusty on abbreviations.

Secondly – Was I mafia, don’t you think I would have realised you were still alive? Protected, that would mean doctor or bodyguard. Considering I know your knowledge of mafia tactics [though you consider yourself a noob], would I have not tried to kill you as soon as possible?

Also, I sincerely doubt you had bulletproof because I am a doctor, cannot protect self.

It’s my word against his, but believe me that I am telling the truth.

Random questioning stage.

Don’t avoid the questions, DAZ. And AN, you shouldn’t avoid the RQS questions, too.

Flag Post

DAZ, you’re doctor eh? Tell me who you have protected.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

N1 – AdeebNafees
N2 – Pulsaris
N3 – Devourer359

Flag Post

N1 – AdeebNafees

Perfect. You fell right for it.

I want to let everyone know that I falseclaimed 1-shot bulletproof Tracker. My actual role is 1-shot bulletproof Alignment Cop. Before you go Lynch All Liars on me, let me explain to you exactly why I falseclaimed in the first place.

In my role PM, it was hinted that there was a Miller in this setup. After I invo’d DAZ on N1, and got a “scum” result, I thought that it was possible that he was the Miller, after all. That, and I wanted to give town more info. Investigating Wooneh naturally gave me the Neutral result, while I got a Town off devourer on N3.

In order to check whether DAZ was actually a Miller, I decided to try out Kokusho’s Gambit, claiming Tracker in order to ascertain whether DAZ did have a night action, since Millers wouldn’t have a night action for themselves. DAZ, thinking that I was actually a Tracker and had tracked him, invented a role to try to explain the fact that he HAD targeted me that night (which, prior to that, I hadn’t been definite on). The fact that he has a NA, coupled with the result I got when I investigated him, I believe I have my scum.

Vote: DragonArcherZ.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

N1 – AdeebNafees
N2 – Pulsaris
N3 – Devourer359

Damnit, why you are still avoiding my questionnaire? And you, AN?

FoS: DAZ
FoS: AN

RQS eh?

5. Do you like Nutella?

Flag Post

Damnit, why you are still avoiding my questionnaire? And you, AN?

Missed it.

4, including DAZ.

Not entirely. It contains very little information-seeking questions, and seems to be only an attempt at trying to make the thread alive again. You personally mentioned that you don’t think this is very important, so it makes me feel weird that you should FoS me for not answering it.

No. I have already mentioned why I don’t prefer it. What’s your opinion on the whole matter? Did you read my post above?

Yes. With most of the scummies being dead, a town victory doesn’t seem impossible.

5. Do you like Nutella?

Sure.

Flag Post

Not entirely. It contains very little information-seeking questions, and seems to be only an attempt at trying to make the thread alive again. You personally mentioned that you don’t think this is very important, so it makes me feel weird that you should FoS me for not answering it.

Because it’s not important, you have no reason to avoid it. We shall gather every bit of information.

Flag Post

By the way, AN’s gambit seems to be valid. There is really such gambit explained in the mafia wiki. So, unless DAZ put forth further evidence and/or AN is proven wrong, I will do this for now: Vote DragonArcherZ.

Flag Post

Vote DAZ. Adeeb’s argument seems solid.

(RQS)

I can’t remember how many scum were killed as there isn’t exactly an easy list to look at. There should only be a few left though.

Definitely. As long as the players are actually willing to come inside of the thread. Then again, it depends a lot on what the RQS consists of. This would have been a perfect opportunity to set one up that asked players for player tell stances. In other words, I don’t feel that this particular RQS is too useful.

No.

With a lot of scum already dead, probably.

5. Do you like Nutella?

Ew, an off-topic question. Anyways, yep.

Flag Post

Night 4? – Huge Wave of Nothing

DragonArcherZ was lynched by three votes: Those of AdeebNafees, Pulsaris, and devourer359. Suddenly, the remaining players felt absolutely nothing happen.

Tessinda checked the clock: 12/21/2012. The day of the Huge Wave of Nothing.

Tessinda: On second thought, maybe you should stay inside. RaceBandit had a vision of a future where the governments went nuts and nuked everything.
RaceBandit: You
do realize that Tales of Zephyrios was a piece of fiction, right?
Tessinda: …fuck this, I’m brute-forcing the lock.

Night 4 may have begun, although I may just end the game early if I think one of the factions is now unstoppable. If this happens, I’ll detail what happened. In case the game continues, the deadline will be set at 12/24, 1 PM, UTC-7.

Game over, see below.

Flag Post

Game Over – Grr, phenomenal cosmic power.

As Papulatus, Tessinda’s Ampharos, managed to force the doors open with his electromagnetic powers, Tessinda realized that she should have done this days ago.
What she saw wasn’t pretty: A bunch of cultists were trying to summon an unspeakable force.

“Oh no you don’t,” RaceBandit said as he recognized the spell and brought one of the cultists down with a lightning bolt.

Usually, Elec-type attacks indicate modkills, but … not this time.

Palkia was summoned anyways, and a lightning bolt failed to bring it down. RaceBandit knew he was in for one hell of a battle; this must’ve been an Alpha.
Long story short, he killed it, but not without ZandNet being razed.

Archival Note: Your Mileage May Vary on whether or not this counts as part of the “Tales of Zephyrios” canon.

Anyways. Tessinda let out an extended sigh as she knew she’d have to rebuild before she could try this again. In the meantime, the cultists had escaped. Surely, they would try this again in the future. RaceBandit would have to be read-

A mysterious figure grabbed RaceBandit and teleported him away before anyone could react. Tessinda facepalmed HARD when she realized who it was.

RaceBandit was kidnapped, killed, and eaten. He was a level 1000 Warlock with six Rebirths under his belt.

She couldn’t believe it… the one person that could stop the cult at this point was gone, just like that.
The Isshu region was square fucked.

The Cult of Palkia, unfortunately, has won the game. Pulsaris, AdeebNafees, and devourer359 can expect to each be credited with one FGF Win.
Better luck next time, everyone not awarded a win in this game.

(This game had no epilogue.)

Next game: The Resistance

Here’s a role dump of the remaining players.

Zzzip50 was the Cult Leader for the Cult of roband.
tracymirkin123 was the Bus Driver. He could switch two players around. What would affect one player would affect the other, and vice-versa. Alignment: Town.
devourer359 was Sceptile, an indie SK… up until he got captured by a Cultist of Palkia. OT: Venten, Final Alignment: Cult of Palkia.
Pulsaris was the Cult Leader for the Cult of Palkia.
DragonArcherZ was the Mafia Goon. Better luck next time, DAZ and T6salt.
hamuka was a Cultist in the Cult of roband. Before that, he was the Combat Medic. Whenever he protected another player, he would also protect himself. He could not target the same player on consecutive nights, nor could he self-target. Pre-Cult Alignment: Town.
AdeebNafees was a Cultist in the Cult of Palkia. Before that, he was a Naive One-Shot Bulletproof Miller, who could survive one attempt on his life but would be seen as anti-town if investigated, but was falsely told he was a Vanilla Townie. Pre-Cult Alignment: Town.

Now for a more thorough role dump.

Town x6
Mason (Black2 Trainer)
Mason (White2 Trainer)
Bus Driver
Naive One-Shot Bulletproof Miller (“Vanilla Townie”)
Double-Duty Cop
Combat Medic

Mafia x4 (2+2)
Mafia Godfather
Mafia Goon
Mafiya Framer
Mafiya Goon
The Mafia and Mafiya could not win side-by-side, except via stalemate.

Cult x2 (1+1)
Cult 1 Leader (Cult of Palkia)
Cult 2 Leader (Cult of roband)
The two cults could not win side-by-side, except via stalemate.

Indie x3
Arsonist (Win Condition: Be the last player standing)
Sceptile (Serial Killer, OT Venten. Win Condition: Be the last player standing.)
Survivor (Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game)

The only intended bastardry was one case of Lying Creator, as I left Adeeb in the dark because he rolled the naive miller. He didn’t even know about the one-shot Bulletproof until it procced.

Balance-wise… I think I went overkill on the anti-towns. Seriously, what made me think 6 townies in a 15P game was a good idea?

Anyways. Role PMs will be listed in the next post.

Flag Post

Role PM Dump

1. Mason (Black2 Trainer)
You are a Townie.
You walked into the VR simulation with a copy of Pokemon Black 2. At night, you take cover so you can play your game in peace.
You recently met (player) through your Wi-Fi and now like to talk to (him/her) through the Xtranceiver. This could be of use, given the shitstorm the simulation’s facing…
Role: Mason
Passive Ability (Mason): Nightchat with (player)
Alignment: Town
Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the town. If there is a Survivor in this setup, you may spare it.

2. Mason (White2 Trainer)
You are a Townie.
You walked into the VR simulation with a copy of Pokemon White 2. At night, you take cover so you can play your game in peace.
You recently met (player) through your Wi-Fi and now like to talk to (him/her) through the Xtranceiver. This could be of use, given the shitstorm the simulation’s facing…
Role: Mason
Passive Ability (Mason): Nightchat with (player)
Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the town. If there is a Survivor in this setup, you may spare it.

3. Bus Driver
You are the Bus Driver. At least, that’s what a couple of other players have nicknamed you after you showed off some potent (but sadly, non-lethal) psychic powers.
Each night, you may swap two players. What would hit the first player will hit the second player, and vice-versa. Since you’re the one running all the “buses”, you can also swap yourself with another player.
Role: Bus Driver
Active Ability (Bus Driver): Swap two players around. You may self-target.

4. Naive One-Shot Bulletproof Miller
Sometimes in the lottery of life, you draw the boring straw. Still, at least you’re not a Miller.
—Misnomer (xkcdian)

Role: Vanilla Townie

5. Double-Duty Cop
Stupid isn’t a strong enough word for this.
You’re a cop. You’re not a very happy cop, though, but that’s because you’re stuck in here. Might as well see who did this so you can escape…
Once per night, you may PM me with the names of TWO players you want to check. I will reveal the first player’s alignment and the second player’s role.
Role: Double-Duty Cop
Active Ability: Alignment Cop, Rolecop
Win Conditon: Eliminate all threats to the town. If there is a Survivor in this setup, you may spare it.

6. Combat Medic
You’re a Medic… and you know this is gonna be a long-ass night.
Once per night, you may protect another player from nightkills. While protecting someone, you cannot be killed. However, if your target is attacked two or more times in the same night, they will still die. You also cannot protect yourself, nor can you protect the same player on consecutive nights.
Role: Combat Medic
Active: Protect one player per night from one nightkill
Passive: When protecting another player, you are immune to nightkills.
Restrictions: Cannot self-target, cannot protect same target on consecutive nights

7. Mafia Godfather
Sometimes, you just have to nut up and join the front line.
You’re the Godfather… you know how to cover your tracks, so if there’s a cop in this setup, they’ll see you as a Vanilla Townie.
Role: Godfather
Active ability (Mafioso): Factional Kill
Passive ability (Godfather): You will appear as vanilla townie to investigations.
Alignment: Mafia
Win Condition: Be the last faction standing. If there is a Survivor in this setup, you may spare it.
Scumbuddy: (player)
There is no penalty for you carrying out the kill, even if (player) is alive.

8. Mafia Goon
I think you know the drill.
Role: Mafia Goon
Win Condition: Be the last faction standing. If there is a Survivor in this setup, you may spare it.
Your scumbuddy is the Godfather! They will appear as town to investigations, even if they deliver the kill themselves.

9. Mafiya Framer
“Using the law against itself is SO much fun!”
—Dima Dubkova

You are a Mafia Framer! In addition to the factional kill, you may target an additional player. If a cop investigates them on the same night, the result will be wrong.
Role: Mafia Framer
Active ability (Mafioso): Factional Kill.
Active abiltiy (Framer): If a cop investigates target player on the same night as your framing, the result will be randomized. Can be used on the same night as the factional kill.
Alingment: Mafia
Win Condition: be the last faction standing. If there is a Survivor in this setup, you may spare it.
There is no penalty for you carrying out the kill, even if (player) is alive.

10. Mafiya Goon
I think you know the drill.
Role: Mafia Goon
Your scumbuddy is a Framer! If they target someone that gets copped on the same night, the result will be wrong. They can also frame and nightkill on the same night, even if you’re still alive.

11. Cult 1 Leader
RaceBandit and Palkia have never gotten along… now’s your chance to show them all that time isn’t everything.
You are a Cult Leader! Rumor has it that if you can overpower the rest of the players with your words of wisdom, Palkia will appear and grant you phenomenal cosmic power. There’s only one way to find out whether or not this is true, and that’s to recruit everyone to your cult!
Role: Cult Leader
Active Ability (Cultist): Factional Recruit
Restrictions: Cannot recruit Mafiosi
Alignment: Cult
Win Condition: You must render the other factions incapable of eliminating the Cult.

12. Cult 2 Leader
Lataro and roband have never gotten along… now’s your chance to show them all that chaos isn’t everything.
You are a Cult Leader! Rumor has it that if you can overpower the rest of the players with your words of wisdom, you will be able to resurrect roband and restore order to the simulation. There’s only one way to find out whether or not this is true, and that’s to recruit everyone to your cult!
Role: Cult Leader
Active Ability (Cultist): Factional Recruit
Restrictions: Cannot recruit Mafiosi
Alignment: Cult
Win Condition: You must render the other factions incapable of eliminating the Cult.

13. Arsonist
BURN TO THE GROUND!”
—Flame Hyenard

Err, yeah.
Once per night, you may either prime a player or burn everybody you have primed, killing them all. Nobody is immune to this, and there’s no doccing it either.
Role: Arsonist
Active Ability (Primer): Ready target player to be killed by your Burn ability. Multiple players can be readied for the same kill. Cannot be used on the same night as Burn.
Active Ability (Burn): Kill everyone you have primed. Cannot be used on the same night as Primer.
Passive Ability (Vest): You will automatically survive one nightkill attempt.
Alignment: Indie
Win Condition: Be the last player standing. You win ties with the Mafia.

14. Sceptile
They killed your trainer… now it’s time to exact your revenge. Leave no survivors!
Role: Serial Killer
Active Ability (Nightkill): Kill target player. You have the highest attack priority in the game.
Passive Ability (Bulletproof): You cannot die to gun-based nightkills.
Win Condition: Be the last player standing. You win ties with anyone.

15. Survivor
You just want to live to tell the tale… that’s why you always bring two bulletproof vests with you.
Role: Survivor
Passive Ability (Vest x2): The first two attempts to nightkill you will fail.
Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game.

Flag Post

N1 Actions
hamuka (Combat Medic): Protect Bluji
djrockstar (Arsonist): Prime Woon1957
devourer359 (Sceptile): Kill SisterEvil
Zzzip50 (roband): Recruit Hamuka
Mafiya (Bluji, helltank): Kill AdeebNafees
Pulsaris (Palkia): Recruit AdeebNafees

N1 Results
TiggZ is modkilled.
SisterEvil is dead.
Jaskaran2000 was lynched.
hamuka was culted by roband.
Adeeb’s bulletproof vest was used up.
Adeeb was culted by Palkia.
Woon1957 has been primed.

All of the N1 actions screwed town over right off the bat. Their only hope was for tracymirkin123 and Woon to kill off everyone else, but as you noticed… that quickly became impossible.

N2 Actions
Mafia (T6salt, DragonArcherZ): Kill devourer359?
Palkia (Pulsaris, AdeebNafees): Recruit DragonArcherZ
Arsonist (djrockstar): Burn all doused (Woon1957)
Sceptile (devourer359): Kill Woon1957

N2 Results
helltank was lynched.
Woon1957 is dead.
devourer359 survived an attack.

At this point, I was thinking bussing could have gotten tracymirkin123 a Town win anyways, but he never submitted any actions. :|

N3 actions
Mafia: Kill devourer359
Palkia: Recruit Devourer359
Sceptile: Kill T6salt

N3 results
Bluji is dead. (Dropped out of the game, nobody offered to replace him)
T6salt is dead.
devourer359 is culted.

Bus Driver: tracymirkin123
Mafia: DragonArcherZ
Cult of Palkia: Pulsaris, AdeebNafees, devourer359 (Sceptile)
Cult of roband: Zzzip50, hamuka

D4: DragonArcherZ is lynched, leaving the Cult of Palkia with the only remaining nightkill. Even if bussing happens, tracymirkin123 will be lynched. Town cannot win.

Theoretically, if tracymirkin123 had lived long enough to kill devourer359 and then got converted to the Cult of roband, they could have won, but either way, town lost.

Flag Post

Eh, GG.

I knew I was screwed when T6 was inactive and I was in a tight situation when AN hit me. When I heard the mafiya also got killed…yeah.

Flag Post

Congratulations to my fellow cult members!