RaceBandit's Storm of Chaos (Game Over): Grr, phenomenal cosmic power. (locked)

234 posts

Flag Post

HWoC Story Arc: The Original Incident
Previous Game: None (This is the first HWoC game.)
Next Game: The Resistance

(This game has no Pregame flavor text.)
Generic Rules Spiel
1. Votes and unvotes must be bolded, IE Vote: roband.
2. Do not talk about this game outside of this thread, a PM to the Mod, or a PM to your scumbuddies (if any).
3. Once your death flavor has been posted, there’s no bringing you back into the game. At this point, you are no longer allowed to post stuff that reveals important game details, such as a Cop result.
4. Night actions must be PM’d to me if you want to use them. I will allow you to pre-send them during the day phase, though.
5. If at least half of the players are voting for the same player, the day will end early. The day-ending vote is referred to as a Hammer, whether the voter knows this or not.
6. If you aren’t a part of this game, please do not post in this thread. If you want to sign up as a reserve, PM me instead.
7. Do not edit or delete your posts. If you need to change or clarify something from a previous post, use an EBWOP (Edit By Way of [Multi-]Post). I will not punish multiposts.
8. If I catch you using an alt to sign multiple accounts up to this game, you will be kicked out and permanently banned from my games. If the game is already running, exiles and/or replacements will happen.
9. If the votals are tied, the first relevant vote will break the tie.
10. If you’re playing, you’re expected to post. I reserve the right to exile or replace lurkers. If you need to be replaced, let me know. If you think another player is being inactive, you may request that I prod them, whether it’s public or private. A modprod will consist of a PM’d reminder that the target player is in this game, as well as a link so no time is wasted in getting back to the thread.
11. You can expect days to last up to 144 IRL hours (Six IRL days) and nights to last up to 72 IRL hours (3 IRL days). I reserve the right to shorten these phases as players’ avatars start dying.
12. Do not post any PM from me (THAT MEANS NO SCREENSHOTS!) or quote verbatim from it. If you must mention it, paraphrase.
13. Modkills will be referred to as exiles, and can be applied to dead players if I consider it necessary. If you are exiled, your win condition is null and void… simply put, you lose. Repeat offenses can and will result in bans from my future games.

Roles
This is a closed setup for fifteen players. Roles will only be revealed on the first day phase after a death or exile, or at the end of the game. I will, however, tell you that there are at least two anti-town factions.

Flag Post

Players
Bolded messages in your sign-ups will be posted to the right of your name, in parentheses.
1. Bluji (I’d like to thank our sponsors.)
2. T6salt (I’M DOING IT FOR ALL THE OTHER SALTS THAT HAVE BEEN EATEN OR BEEN KNOCKED ON THE FLOOR!)
3. Zzzip50
4. tracymirkin123
5. gamelover13 SisterEvil
6. TiggZ_
7. devourer359
8. helltank (Please note that helltank cannot be lynched or NKed as he is an Unkillable Innocent Child. All votes or NKs made against him will have no effect and will not officially exist.)
9. Pulsaris (The Council of the Plains, a mafia game, is taking reserves.)
10. Woon1957 (Racebandit loves me.)
11. DragonArcherZ (It would be funny if hell’s role was actually real and he won the game.)
12. Jaskaran2000 (Nobody can beat LordJask, except he himself)
13. hamuka (LYNCHLYNCHLYNCH. – Shamelessly stolen by Knoob)
14. djrockstar
15. AdeebNafees (It’s a trap)

Reserves
First come, first serve.

Log
Pregame (Trouble’s Brewin’…): Venten (NPC) was hit by the Mafia. We were unable to determine his role.
Day 1 (ZandNet Disaster!): SisterEvil has replaced gamelover13.
Day 1: Jaskaran20000 was lynched. He was a Mason. Alignment: Town.
Night 1 (Nightlights for the Weary): SisterEvil was killed and eaten. He was the Double-Duty Cop, having simultaneous access to an alignment cop and a rolecop. Both powers could be used on the same night. Alignment: Town.
Night 1: TiggZ_ has been modkilled for inactivity. He was a Mason. Alignment: Town.
Day 2 (Death, Minus the Monkeys): helltank has been lynched. He was the Framer. He could target one player per night, causing any investigations on the target to give an incorrect result. Alignment: Mafiya.
Night 2 (Impending Darkness): Woon1957 was incinerated by an Arsonist. She was the Survivor. She had a two-shot nightkill immunity. Alignment: Indie. Her win condition was to survive until the end of the game. Better luck next time.
Day 3 (Light Up The Day?!): djrockstar has been lynched. He was the Arsonist. On each night, he could either douse one player with gasoline, or burn everyone he doused. This attack bypasses invulnerability and healing. Alignment: Indie. His win condition was to be the last player standing, and he could win ties with the Mafia. Better luck next time.
Day 3: Bluji has committed suicide. He was a Mafiya Goon. ‘nuff said.
Night 3 (I’ve never actually had coffee.): T6salt was killed and eaten. He was the Godfather. Any cops in this setup would see him as a Vanilla Townie. Alignment: Mafia.
Day 4 (Shedding some light…): DragonArcherZ was lynched. He was a Mafia Goon. ’nuff said.
Night 4 (Huge Wave of Nothing): The Cult of Palkia became unstoppable.
Endgame (Grr, phenomenal cosmic power.): RaceBandit was kidnapped, killed, and eaten. He was a level 1000 Warlock with six Rebirths under his belt.

Flag Post

/sign

I’d like to thank our sponsors.

Flag Post

Sign

I’M DOING IT FOR ALL THE OTHER SALTS THAT HAVE BEEN EATEN OR BEEN KNOCKED ON THE FLOOR!

Flag Post

and permanently banned from my FBGs.

FBGs?

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

and permanently banned from my FBGs.

FBGs?

LOL.

I actually got that abbreviation from the old jmtb02 community, where it stood for Forum-Based Game(s).

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Why is every mafia game nowadays Closed. Its soooooo boring.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign.

Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Why is every mafia game nowadays Closed. Its soooooo boring.

That’s a rather odd way of analyzing a mafia’s potential for fun.

Flag Post

It is!

Every mafia game like this, especially if its made by some guy like Race, is just going to end up with nobody knowing ANYTHING to accuse ANYBODY of ANYTHING and its just going to be some lame popularity contest, and I wont know what to write because popularity contests confuse me, then people are going to say I lurk, and then I die.

Flag Post

Every mafia game like this, especially if its made by some guy like Race, is just going to end up with nobody knowing ANYTHING to accuse ANYBODY of ANYTHING and its just going to be some lame popularity contest, and I wont know what to write because popularity contests confuse me, then people are going to say I lurk, and then I die.

You don’t need knowledge of the roles to scumhunt. Sided mafias only become popularity contests because of open role set-ups.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

You don’t need knowledge of the roles to scumhunt. Sided mafias only become popularity contests because of open role set-ups.

From my experiance of coming back to play mafias. I find they are all closed. I also find that most of the time I find that nobody really has anything to say. Except Vote Jaskaran.

Flag Post

From my experiance of coming back to play mafias. I find they are all closed. I also find that most of the time I find that nobody really has anything to say. Except Vote Jaskaran.

And having an open role set-up would help this? I would give some examples if you want, but I’m sure that you know that open role set-ups are just as likely to die as closed role set-ups. Please, explain to me how having a role list open helps keep a game alive. Sure, it may give some RQS questions, but the joke phase (and other experimental openers) is always available. And sure, certain roles can be scumhunted for specifically, but everything essentially comes down to general scumtells.

Flag Post

Actually, this is only my second closed setup. Everything else was open.
Aside from PtP and this, the closest I got to a closed setup was the hidden role modifiers in SBM and the unidentified alignments of 2013’s Mutants.

Flag Post

I really dont know what Im talking about.

Lets just say that all mafias I’ve played recently are boring.

Flag Post

THe most popular mafia site on the whole internet, mafiascum.net, has 75% of its games Closed, and everyone^ agrees that the best mafia players in the world frequent there.

Also my mafia is closed and it’s definitely not boring. Anyone who has gotten some of the crazier roles will agree.

^everyone means me.

Sign.

Please note that helltank cannot be lynched or NKed as he is an Unkillable Innocent Child. All votes or NKs made against him will have no effect and will not officially exist.

Flag Post

Sign.

The Council of the Plains, a mafia game, is taking reserves.

Flag Post

Sign.

Racebandit loves me.

Flag Post

I’m quite amused by the notes you three left on your signs. In helltank’s case… we’ll just have to see if it holds any water

Flag Post

It would be amusing if I managed to deceive a player who didn’t read other players’ signs into thinking I’m really an unkillable innocent child. I can pretend it’s a real mod note.

Flag Post

Sign.

It would be funny if hell’s role was actually real and he won the game.

Flag Post

Unkillable is always X-Shot, because if not then all the mafia can do is force a stalemate in which all players are dead and the mafia outnumber the town.

During the mafia cannot be outvoted due to numerical advantage. During night unkillability means nothing will happen. So the game will be stalemated. That’s the BEST case scenario for mafia. Worse case, they lose.