RaceBandit's Storm of Chaos (Game Over): Grr, phenomenal cosmic power. page 10 (locked)

234 posts

Flag Post

The cult! The cult! The overpowered cult! Seriously, cult is the most bastard thing you could have done. If it’s not eradicated on D2, everyone’s fucked. We win! We win! AN, devourer, good game! Other players, good game!

Palkia pwns!

Flag Post

Whoa. That’s one unbalanced setup there. For starters, OMG RACE Y U MAKE ANOTHER WHITE MAGE. Also, Cult Leaders should ALWAYS be weak so that they don’t become OP. Anyway, can’t complain since me won :3

Kongratz, fellow cultist and cult leader! :D This marks Pulsaris’ first cult win, mine and devourer’s second shared cult win (with devourer being recruited on the last night, again), and our third shared win this month. We sure do make a good team! Thanks for recruiting me, Pulse. That’s a bold move.

Also, it is funny how I guessed the Bulletproof bit right. I was pretty sure about being a Miller right off the bat, with that flavor, but the bulletproof bit was pure guesswork. I did hurry the last lynch (we could have done it slow and steady), but I was ready to claim Insane if things went south, which they thankfully didn’t.

Flag Post

When the survivor is NK’d, nobody question my claim… that’s why I win.

Flag Post

Fuck. Got pwned by an inactive cult leader. >.<

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Whoa. That’s one unbalanced setup there. For starters, OMG RACE Y U MAKE ANOTHER WHITE MAGE. Also, Cult Leaders should ALWAYS be weak so that they don’t become OP. Anyway, can’t complain since me won :3

The Combat Medic was actually stronger than the White Mage, since it docced itself as well as another player with a 100% success rate, as long as it wasn’t bussed into an illegal target. I figured if town was up against all of this, I should supercharge the cop and doctor. Too bad town got WTFraped day 1! Seriously, that’s something I should have seen after I noted a similar possibility in 2013 Mafia.

As for the Cults, I figured having one cultist on its own for each cult was weak enough. Oh, how little I knew; probably should have had roband act on odd days and Palkia act on even days.

An excerpt from Pulsaris:
(insert Palkia here)
Palkia pwns!

BRING IT ON! I’ll test your crackpot theory right here, right now. (For the record, the flavor text does say I killed the Palkia you guys summoned.)

…or I will, once I escape from this castle I seem to be in. Wonder what Rumia was waiting for…

Archival Note: At the time I had hosted this, I expected to be able to recover my avatar.

Flag Post

The Combat Medic was actually stronger than the White Mage, since it docced itself as well as another player with a 100% success rate, as long as it wasn’t bussed into an illegal target. I figured if town was up against all of this, I should supercharge the cop and doctor.

I am tempted to choke you to death for having the most broken Follow the Cop setup in the history of the universe. Combat Medic claims D1, Cop claims immediately, and then starts the tug of war. Shiver me timbers, the very thought sends goosebumps down my spine.

probably should have had roband act on odd days and Palkia act on even days.

Odd and even night cults really aren’t weaker than any ordinary cult. It is also a wee bit unfair towards whichever cult leader was supposed to get his cult convert on the night following the day when the game ended. For all we know, he could have tied with the other guy.

A possible bastard restriction to make cult less bastard is to tell them that there is a rival Nonbeliever group. If they try to recruit a Nonbeliever, they get killed. If you prevent them from recruiting pretty much anyone they want to, cult becomes a pretty balanced alignment.

Also, that’s some pretty great flavor you’ve got there, though there’s way too little of it and too much of it is about Pokemon.

Flag Post

Follow the Cop: That plan relied on town finding and eliminating the Arsonist and Cults before either or both of the cop and doctor could either be culted or incinerated. The Arsonist’s attack ignored both invulnerability and protection. Surely enough, N1’s dual cultings pretty much threw it out the window.

Possible bastard restriction for Cults: Hmm. Having the cults kill each other might’ve been an interesting idea. It should be noted that one of the cultists did try to recruit a Mafioso, but I simply had the cult fail instead of die.

Flavor: Speaking of which… You probably read this by now from the action log, but devourer359 (Sceptile) was the one responsible for the missing corpses… not Rumia.

Originally posted by RB back on day 2:

I think I may have gotten myself into this bind with that D2 flavor.

Flag Post

Follow the Cop: That plan relied on town finding and eliminating the Arsonist and Cults before either or both of the cop and doctor could either be culted or incinerated.

Oh? So the Arsonist could douse the guy THROUGH the Doc’s protection? I thought only the incineration avoided the Doc.

Agreed on the bit about the Culting. Didn’t think of that, hah. Claimed Cops are almost always recruited anyway.

It should be noted that one of the cultists did try to recruit a Mafioso, but I simply had the cult fail instead of die.

That’s why Cult leaders should have the Weak modifier. First time I played as Cult Leader, I got owned by scum, and back then, it seemed like the worst role I had ever played as.

Speaking of which… You probably read this by now from the action log, but devourer359 (Sceptile) was the one responsible for the missing corpses… not Rumia.

You should consider more references next time :p

Flag Post

Oh? So the Arsonist could douse the guy THROUGH the Doc’s protection? I thought only the incineration avoided the Doc.

The way I see it (and the way the role states it), doctors can only protect against nightkills and dousing is not a nightkill. It is a bit annoying though that the Arsonist’s protect ignore ability wasn’t stated anywhere in his PM though, even if it’s considered normal.

That’s why Cult leaders should have the Weak modifier.

I like this idea.