RaceBandit's Storm of Chaos (Game Over): Grr, phenomenal cosmic power. page 3 (locked)

234 posts

Flag Post

Err, had a scum player ask me when they could invoke their PM chat.

Just to clarify, PM chat is only to be used during Night phases, lest you be overheard by other players and instagibbed.

Flag Post

Confirm

So…15 players.
At least 2 anti-town factions.

According to the front page anyway.

So do you guys know anything about Race’s mafia history? What he likes to do with it? Jesters/No Jesters? Does he use Survivors/No Survivors? etc.

Flag Post

He said there were exactly 2 anti-town factions, not “at least” 2.

We know he isn’t lying because Race is definitely not a bastard mod.

Following the “Race isn’t bastard” statement, I’ll say that easy to win roles like Jesters or bastard roles like Survivors(bastard because he might hammer a townie in MyLo or LyLo just so he can end the game while still survive) are probably not in his game.

Flag Post

Confirmato

And this is surely one hell of a bastard game.

Flag Post

CONfirm

from my point of view, the game is pretty bastard, it’s so bastard, that its funny. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

I’d like to confirm our sponsors.

Flag Post

And please, just post something on my mafia, It is no longer taking reserve, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

When’d I say this?

Flag Post

I will, however, tell you that there are at least two anti-town factions.

There are probably more.
That makes me feel a bit more uneasy :< Dammit race, YUNO Liek Town factions? :/
This is still " funny " tho :D

Flag Post

(Helltank)

It said at least 2.

(Dj)

from my point of view, the game is pretty bastard, it’s so bastard, that its funny. :D

And just why do you think this game is bastard?

That makes me feel a bit more uneasy :< Dammit race, YUNO Liek Town factions? :/

Why do you feel the need to mention this?

I don’t want to face the possibility of dying from what I interpret as a joke vote, so here’s a RQS. As always, my lazy ass will be answering it later and not now. Once again, those that don’t answer are damaging the town’s attempts to create discussion and should be considered suspicious. If you have answered questions 4 or 6 in a past mafia, feel free not to answer the respective question.

1. Do you believe that jesters exist in-game?
2. Do you believe that survivors exist in-game?
3. Do you believe that there are more than 2 anti-town groups?
4. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?
5. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?
6. If you had a Power Role, would you be willing to rush Day to use it?

Flag Post

Confirm

Flag Post

Pulsaris and djrockstar(ie. those who asserted it was a bastard game) probably have bastard roles, which is why they think it’s a bastard game. (Far as I know, Race doesn’t have a history of making such bastard games).

1.No.
2.No.
3.Unlikely but possible.
4.You’re trying to wheedle role information. I don’t like this.
5.The average amount of commitment.
6.See 4.

Flag Post

[Hell]

I’m going to go ahead and Vote Devourer for FoSing me.

This is a joke, right?

Race’s post might suggest there are people other than scum who can communicate via PM, at night.

[Hell]

Go to the front page, and read the OPs again, if you still think this is right, then you need to get your eye vision tested.

Race is definitely not a bastard mod.

And how exactly do you know this? Not to mention if a person hasn’t been a bastard even once, doesn’t mean he/she never will.

bastard because he might hammer a townie in MyLo or LyLo just so he can end the game while still survive

Yeah, because survivors totally know who are mafia and who are town and that totally wouldn’t be OP.

[Dj]

it’s so bastard, that its funny. :D

How is being bastard funny unless you’re the host? Also, how do you know the mafia is bastard?

This is still " funny " tho :D

Want me to make this mafia hell for you?

[dev]

If you have answered questions 4 or 6 in a past mafia, feel free not to answer the respective questions.

New players would not realize what people’s answers to these would be, so I strongly recommend nobody does this.

Do you believe that jesters exist in-game?

I wouldn’t know, I’ll still be cautious of them though, regardless of my beliefs, just because you believe in something not being there doesn’t mean it’s not there, so, even though I do believe they’re not in the game, I would still rather be cautious with my votes and overly scummy behavior.

Do you believe that survivors exist in-game?

Doesn’t matter, it doesn’t affect town in any way unless like a scenario helltank posted, which does make me suspicious of him being a survivor, either that or he’s a townie, but, to be put quite bluntly: Possible, but unlikely.

Do you believe that there are more than 2 anti-town groups?

No. Also, if you’re gonna ask ‘Why?’, then just include it on your RQS instead of asking separately.

Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?

Yes.

How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

I shall be like usual. Sure.

If you had a Power Role, would you be willing to rush Day to use it?

No. As town, day is important to get some scummy behaviors and find candidates for scum. As mafia, day is important for removing as much suspicion as much as you can from yourself, and trying to frame a number of people so you’re safe for a few days.

Flag Post

4. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?
5. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

1) I have a high feeling they do, but that’s just me(I hope)
2) I have a high feeling they do, but they don’t really help or hurt town much.
3) Well, that depends on if you are call every third party(jesters and survivor)a seperate faction, or the same faction. But I’m gonna say yes. If there were 2, he probably wouldn’t write “at least”. I don’t believe he’d try to play mind games with those words
4) Yes. Bussing is something I like to do often and find it quite effective. But I try not to overdo it, as that usually attracts suspicious towards oneself.
5) I don’t really know
6) Well, that depends on the faction I’m in and what role it is. If I’m scum and have an Pretty effective role, I try to rush it. If I’m third party and have a pretty effective role, I don’t try to end it until Town has a good target. If I’m town and have a pretty effective role, I don’t try to rush at all and if I have a not so useful role, I’m not gonna rush day. But I always-regardless of faction-try to rush D1, I find it fairly useless to be honest. Specially when I have a night action.

Want me to make this mafia hell for you?

Try it. I’d like to see this mafia ends up being hell for which one of us. >:D

bq.

Flag Post

Actually, on another note, I’d rather not, since I’ll get lynched for acting too much like a jester, and that’d seem like a gambit as scum, which means I’d look scummy while being town.

Flag Post

EBWOP: Why have you disregarded my other question, dj?

Flag Post

1 – Not sure, but I’ll keep an open mind. From your interpretation, Race isn’t a bastard mod so.
2 – Not sure as well, but I from gut instinct, I’m thinking yes. Again, no concrete evidence.
3 – Almost certain there are 3 or more, but race might be fooling me. The wording leads you to think 3+ anti-town groups, even though there could be 2.
4 – Yes. It’s a perfectly valid strategy, though this can get obvious if overused.
5 – shrugs Maybe. I need to remember though, and I have a few clans to organise, and my own forum game etc. so sometimes I forget.
6 – Probably not. Rushing day is basically wasting a day of discussion. You always use it all up to see what you can do with it. So yeah.

Flag Post

[Tracy]

Edit: Forget about what I said earlier, gamelover’s vacation was cut short, so he’ll be active probably.

I hope you realize that editing/deleting is not allowed in this mafia, so you should not do it in this mafia from this point onwards, otherwise the host will do something bad to you you know.

On another note; DAZ, why do you seem so uncertain with your answers?

Flag Post

Role confirmed.

1. I am not sure, but I’d wager a no, at least, right ATM. I like to keep the idea of a Jester out of my head when playing a closed Role Madness. It is downright impossible to scumhunt properly otherwise.
2. I do. These role madnesses almost always have a third party role, and more often than not, it is a survivor or a serial killer. The likelihood of there being a survivor is, methinks, equal to that of there being a serial killer, which is a 50% possibility.
3. Eh. I don’t really think so. The game doesn’t seem to me to be bastard (not yet, anyway). More than 2 anti town factions almost always manage to screw town over (looking at the Yti series). So yeah.
4. Derpends on the definition of beneficial. If I were scum, I’d be willing to play like a townie, but not necessarily as a really good townie. I’d not start a bandwagon that could have been avoided just to increase my town-vibes.
5. Exams end in a couple of days. I will be sufficiently active then.
6. No. Not in this game, anyway. I have no idea how strong the factional power roles are. As scum, for all I know, the meld can consist entirely of Cops, which will force me to fake a Dethy. As town, for all I know, the meld can consist entirely of Indomitable Townies, which means we are basically just throwing the day away if we hurry along with it.

[Jask]

(In answer to the question: Do you believe that jesters exist in-game?)

I wouldn’t know, I’ll still be cautious of them though, regardless of my beliefs, just because you believe in something not being there doesn’t mean it’s not there, so, even though I do believe they’re not in the game, I would still rather be cautious with my votes and overly scummy behavior

What would you define as “overly scummy behavior”? Seems something like a Too Townie fallacy to me where overly scummy behavior eliminates someone from suspicion.

Flag Post

1. How would I know lol. Well, since some people said this is a bastard mafia, perhaps…?
2. ^
3. Idk…Perhaps?
4. Of course!
5. Probably not as much time….
6. Nope.

Flag Post

I doubt it, for some reason. I know Race is a bastard mod, but not THAT bastard.

Maybe. We haven’t really seen them in other games, and I kinda feel like Race is the only mod on FGF to have such a role in his games.

If I am to believe the signs and what I think to be possible, we are likely looking on a Survivor and a Serial Killer, nothing more. So no.

If I found enough evidence against someone being town (aka finding strong scumtells), I would vote them, obviously.

Well, I’m off the worst exam season, so I should be able to concentrate here better. I think I can put time on posts, so you could for once expect real activity from me.

It would heavily depend on the usefulness of my role. For example, if it was a 1-Shot role and I had already used it, I probably wouldn’t rush. But I could rush the day with something like a Cop or a Vigilante.

Originally posted by Pulsaris:

And this is surely one hell of a bastard game.

How do you know? Do you possess a role which is usually seen in only bastard mod games?

Originally posted by djrockstar:

See my above questions for Pulsaris. (dev and Jask already asked this, but I feel like pointing out due to this comment being rather odd, especially with the “from my point of view” part.)

I’d also like to ask some questions from all the players. I will answer these questions later. Be kind and answer these ones as well:

Since we are in the middle of a mafia, no matter what sort, we are likely to find a mafia faction here. How many mafia members do you believe are likely to be in this game?

Do you think we have Vanilla Townies in this role madness?

Flag Post

I’m a lyncher, told to lynch all survivor[b]s[/b].
Damn, if I cop-claimed on day 2, I would still only lynch 1 survivor…

Flag Post

EDIT: code breaks.

Flag Post

[Blu]

How many mafia members do you believe are likely to be in this game?

Well, let’s go about this. We have 15 players, at least 50% should be town, or maximum 60%, I say this because third party roles and the mafia cannot be too small, or at least, shouldn’t be. Let’s just take 55% as an average, so, we have 8-9 town players. That leaves 6-7 people. Now, you asked how many mafia players, not scum, but mafia, so, if we cut it right into half, we should have 3-4 mafia players, which seems like a fair amount if you ask me, but that is just my interpretation.

Do you think we have Vanilla Townies in this role madness?

Bluji, having played so many mafia, you should realize that most of these closed setups always have a vanilla townie, I’d say at least 97%, so yes, I do think we have (a) VT in this role madness.

[Zip]

Well, since some people said this is a bastard mafia, perhaps…?

And how exactly do you know those people are correct?

[AN]

What would you define as “overly scummy behavior”?

In this case, I define “overly scummy behavior” as having let out a scumtell far too easily from an experienced player, or acting as a jester, which I would vote but still be careful, even though it’s gonna be jester, I doubt the game would end.

Seems something like a Too Townie fallacy to me where overly scummy behavior eliminates someone from suspicion.

It doesn’t, it means they are acting like a jester to protect themselves from being scum. Although my wasn’t exactly the best, some people like you may have taken it the way you have.

Flag Post

Puls, you need to use <> instead of [] to get the code to work.

Also, I would like to note everyone that I’m not trying to fish for any role info with my questions, I’m just curious what you guys consider to be the current situation.