RaceBandit's Storm of Chaos (Game Over): Grr, phenomenal cosmic power. page 4 (locked)

234 posts

Flag Post

I think you want to use greater/less than symbols.
Also, I seriously hope by edit you mean EBWOP.

EDIT – Oh wow I was ninja’d by the players.

Flag Post

Race, he clearly means EBWOP as it is in a new post and not the same post, if you were to think a bit clearly. Are you tired or something saying something like that?

Flag Post

He mentioned code breaking, so I was wondering if he tried more code in the EBWOP only for it to fail even harder.

Flag Post

[Dragon]

From your interpretation, Race isn’t a bastard mod so.

As I’ve asked earlier, but a bit rephrased, how exactly do you know his interpretation is correct?

Why have you ignored the first part of question 5 and only answered the second part, dragon?
Also, as I’ve asked you earlier, why are you so uncertain with your answers?

[AN]

It is downright impossible to scumhunt properly otherwise.

You could still scumhunt, just being a little cautious, I don’t know how you seem to deem it as ‘downright impossible’.

[Zip]

As I asked Dragon earlier, why are you uncertain for more than half your answers? Do you even see this mafia as a serious thing (game, remember it’s just a game but still srs bsns) or are you just gonna do that little jester play?

[Bluji]

First off, I’ll start by saying that your bold answers within your quote of the questions is straight-out annoying. It hurts my eyes, to be honest.

I know Race is a bastard mod, but not THAT bastard.

Could you perhaps provide some examples of Race being bastard? This is mainly only for my satisfaction, because I don’t trust you that much, especially not at this point of the game.

I kinda feel like Race is the only mod on FGF to have such a role in his games.

cough Ocelot cough

If I found enough evidence against someone being town (aka finding strong scumtells), I would vote them, obviously.

The questions asks what you would do if you’re mafia, your answer is seeming like you’re considering you’re a townie.

But I could rush the day with something like a Cop or a Vigilante.

Why would you rush something important for discussion just to kill/investigate someone scummy when you could find more scumtells and possibly ones which are more scummier than the previous target? Not to mention you would have more scum suspicions, so you might be busy for quite a bit nights, why would you rush day for just one target? Unless you have more than one target, but still, to have an order of preference in which you’d like to use your role, if you already have this, well then, I guess I take back my statement.

especially with the “from my point of view” part

This may seem like a case of buddying, but, I don’t see how that part is suspicious, everything you do is from your point of view, right? But since it is quite natural, I do get your point, but I don’t see why you should put ‘especially’ in that. Also, from my chat mafia experience, dj is currently, what I believe to be, acting like a jester when he is one. He likes to act like one when he is one.

[Puls]

Damn, if I cop-claimed on day 2, I would still only lynch 1 survivor…

How exactly would you do this? How do you know you would hit a survivor on first try? Also, if you’re a lyncher, and you were going to do this, then why did you suddenly role-reveal instead of doing what you said?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

1. Do you believe that jesters exist in-game?
I doubt it, for some reason. I know Race is a bastard mod, but not THAT bastard.

2. Do you believe that survivors exist in-game?
Maybe. We haven’t really seen them in other games, and I kinda feel like Race is the only mod on FGF to have such a role in his games.

3. Do you believe that there are more than 2 anti-town groups?
If I am to believe the signs and what I think to be possible, we are likely looking on a Survivor and a Serial Killer, nothing more. So no.

4. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?
If I found enough evidence against someone being town (aka finding strong scumtells), I would vote them, obviously.

5. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?
Well, I’m off the worst exam season, so I should be able to concentrate here better. I think I can put time on posts, so you could for once expect real activity from me.

6. If you had a Power Role, would you be willing to rush Day to use it?
It would heavily depend on the usefulness of my role. For example, if it was a 1-Shot role and I had already used it, I probably wouldn’t rush. But I could rush the day with something like a Cop or a Vigilante.

Originally posted by Pulsaris:

And this is surely one hell of a bastard game.

How do you know? Do you possess a role which is usually seen in only bastard mod games?

Originally posted by djrockstar:

from my point of view, the game is pretty bastard, it’s so bastard, that its funny. :D

See my above questions for Pulsaris. (dev and Jask already asked this, but I feel like pointing out due to this comment being rather odd, especially with the “from my point of view” part.)

I’d also like to ask some questions from all the players. I will answer these questions later. Be kind and answer these ones as well:

Since we are in the middle of a mafia, no matter what sort, we are likely to find a mafia faction here. How many mafia members do you believe are likely to be in this game?

Do you think we have Vanilla Townies in this role madness?

1. Idk, Theres 15 people. I’ll say 5?
2. Probably, its a rare mafia I see without vanilla townies.

Flag Post

[Zip]

1. Idk, Theres 15 people. I’ll say 5?

How many townies do you believe there to be, then?

Why are you avoiding my questions, zip?

Flag Post

[Jaskaran2000]

First off, I’ll start by saying that your bold answers within your quote of the questions is straight-out annoying. It hurts my eyes, to be honest.

Sorry, you’re not gonna get any solution to that problem. It’s my style, so if it annoys you, don’t play mafias with me.

Could you perhaps provide some examples of Race being bastard? This is mainly only for my satisfaction, because I don’t trust you that much, especially not at this point of the game.

Super Bastard Mafia, 2013 Mafia… do I have to list some more?

The questions asks what you would do if you’re mafia, your answer is seeming like you’re considering you’re a townie.

They did? I suppose I should learn to read then… So, if I were mafia, I would consider heavily whether I’d bandwagon on a scumbuddy, but if it gave me a good chance to earn trust, I would likely bandwagon.

Why would you rush something important for discussion just to kill/investigate someone scummy when you could find more scumtells and possibly ones which are more scummier than the previous target?

It would depend heavily on the moment of the day. If multiple good suspects had been gotten, I would likely speed up the day to lynch one of them, then as a cop or a vigilante kill another one. There’d be a good chance at least one of those suspects would be anti-town.

As for your last quote from me, Jask, I wanted to point out that I found it rather odd dj said the game setup is bastard from his point of view, meaning that he likely could have some sort of a role that is found from mostly nothing else but bastard setups (AND I have already mentioned this, as you might’ve read from my post (or at least I think I mentioned this)).

Flag Post

And Jask just posted, and I could as well answer my own questions.

I believe we have 8 to 9 townies, 2 or maybe 3 mafia, 1 to 2 survivors, 1 lyncher (if we are to believe Pulsaris) and possible a Serial Killer. I might be a little wrong on some of those, though.

I think we could just have one VT in this game, but you can never know of Race. He is a clever guy.

Flag Post

[Bluji]

Doing it just because I said it was annoying is just being annoying, bluji, and on a very large scale at that. Also, your style was only limited to RQS, now you are doing it just for the plain purpose of annoying me and I don’t see how exactly not playing mafias with you would help if you do not try to be a better person, and I’ll always have an annoying image of you in my mind as a mafia player for the rest of my life.

Super Bastard Mafia, 2013 Mafia… do I have to list some more?

Nah, two should be enough for my satisfaction, but, just to be safe, could anyone confirm these couple of mafias? Also, this is to everyone who has said Race isn’t a bastard, could you please provide examples where Race hasn’t been a bastard?

They did?

Well, my wording was incorrect, sorry about that, that one did but not all of them.

AND I have already mentioned this, as you might’ve read from my post

I highly doubt you did, blu.

If multiple good suspects had been gotten, I would likely speed up the day to lynch one of them

Yes, but, would you rather not wait out the whole day in case another suspect pops up, unless it’s a scenario where everyone is suspicious, of course.

he likely could have some sort of a role that is found from mostly nothing else but bastard setup

Blame my inexperience, but could you provide a couple examples, excluding survivor?

Flag Post

Yes, I’m trying to annoy you. And if you don’t like it, then don’t play. You don’t need to watch it, you can just stop playing or just not look at my posts.

Here are some links for you.

Bastard roles: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Roles_That_May_Be_Considered_Bastard

Super Bastard Mafia (doesn’t the title tell you enough?): http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36/topics/272937

And well, maybe 2013 Mafia wasn’t bastard, but just one example (the game above) should be enough to tell you Race can, and has done a bastard mod game in his Kong past.

Also, I’d like to point out something you said, and comment on it, because I find it necessary to note:

Also, from my chat mafia experience, dj is currently, what I believe to be, acting like a jester when he is one. He likes to act like one when he is one.

Never EVER use chat mafias as example for a forum mafia. There is a great difference between those two, and they are played very differently. Just using myself as an example, I play differently in chat mafias. Just like you Jask, you don’t go voting and unvoting rapidly in forum mafias, do you?

As well, you could’ve read a sentence of mine to its end before posting.

What you quoted:

AND I have already mentioned this, as you might’ve read from my post

What I wrote:

AND I have already mentioned this, as you might’ve read from my post (or at least I think I mentioned this)

And anyways, I mentioned the part referred (dj possibly having a bastard-only role) in my original post:

Originally posted by Pulsaris:

And this is surely one hell of a bastard game.

How do you know? Do you possess a role which is usually seen in only bastard mod games?

Originally posted by djrockstar:

from my point of view, the game is pretty bastard, it’s so bastard, that its funny. :D

See my above questions for Pulsaris. (dev and Jask already asked this, but I feel like pointing out due to this comment being rather odd, especially with the “from my point of view” part.)

So yeah, I recommend you start reading more accurately. I’m not saying I’m noticing everything in all posts, but this was a vital part of my argument, and you happen to miss it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

[Blu]

How many mafia members do you believe are likely to be in this game?

Well, let’s go about this. We have 15 players, at least 50% should be town, or maximum 60%, I say this because third party roles and the mafia cannot be too small, or at least, shouldn’t be. Let’s just take 55% as an average, so, we have 8-9 town players. That leaves 6-7 people. Now, you asked how many mafia players, not scum, but mafia, so, if we cut it right into half, we should have 3-4 mafia players, which seems like a fair amount if you ask me, but that is just my interpretation.

Bluji, having played so many mafia, you should realize that most of these closed setups always have a vanilla townie, I’d say at least 97%, so yes, I do think we have (a) VT in this role madness.

[Zip]

Well, since some people said this is a bastard mafia, perhaps…?

And how exactly do you know those people are correct?

[AN]

What would you define as “overly scummy behavior”?

In this case, I define “overly scummy behavior” as having let out a scumtell far too easily from an experienced player, or acting as a jester, which I would vote but still be careful, even though it’s gonna be jester, I doubt the game would end.

Seems something like a Too Townie fallacy to me where overly scummy behavior eliminates someone from suspicion.

It doesn’t, it means they are acting like a jester to protect themselves from being scum. Although my wasn’t exactly the best, some people like you may have taken it the way you have.

Lol did I say they were correct? I said perhaps, because those people kept talking about bbastard roles, and I dont think we were talking about it anywhere else, perhaps they have some themselves.

Flag Post

(Helltank)

4.You’re trying to wheedle role information. I don’t like this.

6.See 4.

Explain to me how these are trying to reveal role information. These questions are hypotheticals, and regardless of whether you’re scum, I would assume that you would give the same answers. An inconsistency is exactly what I look for, and in such a case, town wouldn’t be hurt at all.

(Jask)

New players would not realize what people’s answers to these would be, so I strongly recommend nobody does this.

I would assume that most people would answer them. The only reason I had that condition in the first place was to prevent people like you from complaining about it and refusing to answer anything. Why the sudden turnaround?

No. Also, if you’re gonna ask ‘Why?’, then just include it on your RQS instead of asking separately.

Perhaps I should put a statement asking for elaborate answers at the top of my RQS’s in order to prevent this kind of thing. Typically, RQS is more useful if people actually bother to put effort into their answers. Anyways, here’s the dreaded “Why?”

(DJ)

FoS DJ. Please do not ignore questions. This includes both Jask’s and mine.

3) Well, that depends on if you are call every third party(jesters and survivor)a seperate faction, or the same faction. But I’m gonna say yes. If there were 2, he probably wouldn’t write “at least”. I don’t believe he’d try to play mind games with those words

Typically, anti-town roles are only roles that specifically aim to hurt town. The position of jester is debatable (mafiascum lists it as third party), but survivor is not anti-town.

But I try not to overdo it, as that usually attracts suspicious towards oneself.

Successful bussing does not bring suspicion.

6) Well, that depends on the faction I’m in and what role it is. If I’m scum and have an Pretty effective role, I try to rush it. If I’m third party and have a pretty effective role, I don’t try to end it until Town has a good target. If I’m town and have a pretty effective role, I don’t try to rush at all and if I have a not so useful role, I’m not gonna rush day. But I always-regardless of faction-try to rush D1, I find it fairly useless to be honest. Specially when I have a night action.

You mentioned in a previous mafia that you almost never rush Day. Why the elaboration on the exceptions this time, especially the D1 part?

Try it. I’d like to see this mafia ends up being hell for which one of us. >:D

Does this help town in any way? Don’t encourage Jask to become the VI that he eventually decides is entertaining in every mafia.

(DAZ)

From your interpretation, Race isn’t a bastard mod so.

My interpretation? Quote please. And even if that was my interpretation, why would you follow it?

(Z)

1. How would I know lol. Well, since some people said this is a bastard mafia, perhaps…?
2. ^
3. Idk…Perhaps?

I belef that you can hold your own opinions.

(Bluji)

How many mafia members do you believe are likely to be in this game?

3, perhaps? It seems like a fair number, looking at the amount of total players. Of course, there’s an unknown number of other anti-town factions and townie power roles, so this is impossible to accurately predict.

Vanilla townies are not uncommon in role madnesses, so I don’t see why not.

(Pulsaris)

Damn, if I cop-claimed on day 2, I would still only lynch 1 survivor…

Why do you feel the need to say this?

(Bluji)

Yes, I’m trying to annoy you. And if you don’t like it, then don’t play. You don’t need to watch it, you can just stop playing or just not look at my posts.

Seriously? While Jask can be unpleasant, attempting to chase a player away on purpose impedes the scumhunt. As hypocritical as it may be for me to say this, do not bring personal opinions and feelings into mafia.

Just like you Jask, you don’t go voting and unvoting rapidly in forum mafias, do you?

While I agree that chat mafia strategies and meta are entirely separate from forum mafias, he does.

(RQS)

Yes, Race doesn’t seem like the type to avoid including one. This is mostly a gut feeling, and even if I didn’t have one, I would watch out for jesters anyways, as I do in most closed mafias.

No. Once again, this is because I don’t see Race as the type to include one. While there’s Pulsaris’ roleclaim to consider, I don’t believe it. If he was truly a lyncher, it would have been optimal to falseclaim another bastard role (a cop of unknown sanity would have been perfect in this case), and spelling out his plan makes his roleclaim even more suspicious.

Yes. Something about the “at least” portion of the role set-up makes me suspicious of multiple anti-town groups. The possibility of many different individuals doesn’t seem unlikely.

4. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial?

Yes. If anybody wants a complete answer, I’ll be happy to oblige. As I have answered this many times in the past, I left this one short.

5. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

As dedicated as I usually am.

6. If you had a Power Role, would you be willing to rush Day to use it?

No. See the latter part of question 4.

Flag Post

Explanation pl0x. Something about this combination of words confuses me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

In other words, why are the specific answers that I quoted so unsure, as if you are avoiding the question?

Flag Post

And just why do you think this game is bastard?

Because my role has a pretty bastard modifier.

How is being bastard funny unless you’re the host? Also, how do you know the mafia is bastard?

It’s quite funny if I play it right. The person saying I’m scum and the person saying I’m town would be confused, and the person who says I’m third-party would be confused even more. Believe me, it’ll be hilarious(I hope)

Why have you disregarded my other question, dj?

Because I usually skim over your posts while I’m answering and making conclusions.

Yes, I do possess a role usually in bastard games.

Since we are in the middle of a mafia, no matter what sort, we are likely to find a mafia faction here. How many mafia members do you believe are likely to be in this game?

3 + 1 with a power role or modifier. Wait… I know the exact amount of scum… I must be one :O
You found me :( oh nooooooooooooo :D

Looking at the modifier(s) I have. I think there are gonna be no VTs.

“Pularis’s roleclaim”

Why did you roleclaim so early? and why did you tell us your plan?
I’m getting scum vibes from you.

Also, from my chat mafia experience, dj is currently, what I believe to be, acting like a jester when he is one. He likes to act like one when he is one.

I also claim scum very very frequently in chat mafias when I am one. But do you see me doing that in forum mafias?
I try to use logic in forum mafias. But do you see me trying to use logic in chat mafias?

I have completely different playstyles in chat mafias and forum mafias. Comparing them is useless.

FoS DJ. Please do not ignore questions. This includes both Jask’s and mine.

all the questions asked were about why I think the game is bastard and why I’m not answering them. I said I have a bastard modifier, is knowing that gonna help the town now? Probably not, which is why I preferred ignoring them.

Typically, anti-town roles are only roles that specifically aim to hurt town. The position of jester is debatable (mafiascum lists it as third party), but survivor is not anti-town.

Wrong. Survivor could easily act anti-town. Survivor can choose to hurt or help town, saying that a Survivor isn’t anti-town depends on the survivor’s playstyle.

You mentioned in a previous mafia that you almost never rush Day. Why the elaboration on the exceptions this time, especially the D1 part?

in which mafia did I say that? I wanna see my old post to know what the hell I was thinking

Does this help town in any way? Don’t encourage Jask to become the VI that he eventually decides is entertaining in every mafia.

I play mafias for amusement rather than FGF Wins. So I try to do whatever will be more fun while trying to be serious. And Jask’s VI-ness is funny as hell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

In other words, why are the specific answers that I quoted so unsure, as if you are avoiding the question?

Because how the hell is anyone able to form any sort of concrete opinion of a closed setup at Day 1?

Flag Post

(DJ)

all the questions asked were about why I think the game is bastard and why I’m not answering them. I said I have a bastard modifier, is knowing that gonna help the town now? Probably not, which is why I preferred ignoring them.

Claiming directly about bastardness feels scummy. The obvious response from other players is to inquire as to why you feel the game is bastard. It may not provide any useful information, but as a town, nothing should be left unasked. You never know what leads you may get. And isn’t ignoring questions more detrimental to town than it is “helpful”?

Wrong. Survivor could easily act anti-town. Survivor can choose to hurt or help town, saying that a Survivor isn’t anti-town depends on the survivor’s playstyle.

I mean the role in general. There’s a difference between anti-town roles and anti-town players.

in which mafia did I say that? I wanna see my old post to know what the hell I was thinking

Starship Trifos 2:“Depends a lot on the role I have, but in almost all cases, No.” If true, the D1 part seems important, so it seems strange for you not to include it in previous answers.

And Jask’s VI-ness is funny as hell.

I can spam emoticons and bad jokes too if I wanted to. Hell, the latter comes quite naturally to me.

Flag Post

(Z)

Because how the hell is anyone able to form any sort of concrete opinion of a closed setup at Day 1?

Arguments against D1 usefulness aside, you mentioned how players thought it was a bastard set-up. Does this not lead you to any conclusions? I’m not asking for absolute possibilities; I’m asking for what you think is most likely.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

(Z)

Arguments against D1 usefulness aside, you mentioned how players thought it was a bastard set-up. Does this not lead you to any conclusions? I’m not asking for absolute possibilities; I’m asking for what you think is most likely.

1 possibility might be that those people are given a role not commonly found in standard mafias?

Flag Post

Votals
devourer359: 1 (helltank)

Pretty short list, and you still have quite a bit of time.

Deadline in about 117.5 hours.

Flag Post

Debating the probability of bastard roles does nothing to help the town. We should be searching for scummy players, not wondering if there’s a Jester in the setup.

Lots of people have been banging on Zzip and Dragon for giving vague answers to the RQS, but I’m gonna put it out that it’s an RQS, they aren’t expected to give clear answers.

I’m saying it again:Giving vague answers to questions that do not direectly scumhunt is not evidence of scumminess. And yes, devourer, I wuld give different answers depending on what my role is.

I’m getting major scumreads on Jask due to his insistence on pushing the smallest of things. He posted a lot of text walls and keeps on pestering people on why they avoid his questions. They have a right to, Jask. It’s Day fucking 1. Nobody has given out any major scumtells except you. You’re trying too damn hard.

If I avoid your question, it means I think it’s irrelevant, stupid, or I just want to lay low and see how the game develops before taking a more active stance in analysis.

In my thread Advanced Mafia Strategy I brought up the idea of Influential Voices, the people that drive the action forward. I also pointed out that usually, at least one mafia is an IV as to better control the game.

The IVs I see so far are Jaskaran, Devourer and Bluji. They are the ones asking the questions and pushing for answers. The difference is that Jaskarn is the only one out of the three who is asking useless questions, perhaps to try to confuse the players, which is always useful when you’re scum.

Therefore, I unvote Devourer and vote Jaskaran.

Flag Post

(Helltank)

We should be searching for scummy players

I was under the impression that along with the bastard questions, there was some scumhunting going on.

but I’m gonna put it out that it’s an RQS, they aren’t expected to give clear answers.

And just where did you find this information?

Giving vague answers to questions that do not direectly scumhunt is not evidence of scumminess.

But being indecisive and catering to others is.

And yes, devourer, I wuld give different answers depending on what my role is.

Then answer them. If you were town, you would lose nothing from answering; rather, you would be more likely to gain trust. I don’t see why you would want to avoid answering unless you were scum, and even then, what’s stopping a person from faking an answer?

They have a right to, Jask. It’s Day fucking 1. Nobody has given out any major scumtells except you. You’re trying too damn hard.

Oh god, the D1 argument.

Major scumtells don’t appear unless minor scumtells are pressured, and a player has no reason to ignore the latter. Town can’t just wait and hope that a mafia makes an unbelievable slip-up.

If I avoid your question, it means I think it’s irrelevant, stupid, or I just want to lay low and see how the game develops before taking a more active stance in analysis.

Avoiding questions is a scumtell. A townie has no reason to avoid discussion, especially when it’s targeted at him. And if you think the irrelevant or stupid, that in itself is evidence that can be used, presenting itself as either a VI tell or a scum tell. And that shouldn’t be ignored.

I also pointed out that usually, at least one mafia is an IV as to better control the game.

Perhaps this is true in other sites, but as you already know, inactivity is a common problem in FGF. As a result, the same people are usually IV’s in every mafia.

The difference is that Jaskarn is the only one out of the three who is asking useless questions, perhaps to try to confuse the players, which is always useful when you’re scum.

Could you quote some specific examples?

Flag Post

Jesters are a bastard role, no question. I don’t find it likely.

Survivors are a valid third party role(In my opinion), serial killers could be more likely but they might have to be downgraded to a survivor to make the game balanced.

I don’t know. Multiple mafia groups are possible, but I wouldn’t consider it likely.

Flag Post
I was under the impression that along with the bastard questions, there was some scumhunting going on.

I don’t see any scumhunting, only pushing useless questions. AS mentioned half a dozen times before already.

And just where did you find this information?

Common sense, RQS isn’t scumhunting. If you’re scumhunting and I give you vague answers it’s probably because I’m scum and trying to hide. If it’s RQS I’m just not responding to questions that you decide to force me to answer.

But being indecisive and catering to others is.

Zzip has a history of being indecisive. Furthermore, an indecisive player may not be the sign of scum, but rather of a, well, indecisive player.

Then answer them. If you were town, you would lose nothing from answering; rather, you would be more likely to gain trust. I don’t see why you would want to avoid answering unless you were scum, and even then, what’s stopping a person from faking an answer?

Sure. I would definitely bus if I were scum, it’s a proven strategy. And I would not rush Day because I’m going to be able to use my night action no matter how long the day takes. Better to deliberate awhile and lynch one more scum then hurry to the night phase where the scum are more powerful.

Major scumtells don’t appear unless minor scumtells are pressured, and a player has no reason to ignore the latter. Town can’t just wait and hope that a mafia makes an unbelievable slip-up.

I don’t see any scumtells, at all. Seems to me you’re pressuring people for null tells. Well, not you specifically, you’re pressuring the unreadables, which is at least somewhat logical. Jaskaran is pressuring people for no reason other than “LETS PRESSURE HIM”.

Avoiding questions is a scumtell. A townie has no reason to avoid discussion, especially when it’s targeted at him. And if you think the irrelevant or stupid, that in itself is evidence that can be used, presenting itself as either a VI tell or a scum tell. And that shouldn’t be ignored.

I agree that discussion has to be stimulated, but will engaging in a lengthy debate about the existence of jesters really help to identify scum?

Perhaps this is true in other sites, but as you already know, inactivity is a common problem in FGF. As a result, the same people are usually IV’s in every mafia.

No. I’ve been literally playing mafias before you’ve even arrived here, and in my experience even the most lazy scum tends to take a more active stance in the thread when his role PM arrives. “Sit back and hope the townies lynch themselves into oblivion” is a strategy only the very noob use.

Could you quote some specific examples?

Asking zzip why his answers are indecisive, which as I pointed out is already his meta.

Flag Post

(Helltank)

I don’t see any scumhunting, only pushing useless questions.

There’s been questions about Pulsaris’ claim, questions about meta changes, questions about Bluji’s deliberate posting style, and others. While there may be some of what you deem useless in the thread, you can’t say that relevant discussion hasn’t been growing.

Common sense, RQS isn’t scumhunting.

That’s not completely true. RQS can be used for scumhunting, discussion creating, and setting up for future scumhunting. It may sound strange, but mafia slip-ups can be created through RQS. As for setting up for scumhunting, meta information is always useful, especially if contradictory.

If it’s RQS I’m just not responding to questions that you decide to force me to answer.

Responding uselessly and jokingly to RQS is deliberately impeding discussion and withdrawing information. A reasonable townie has no reason to do this.

Zzip has a history of being indecisive.

And just how would Jask know this? Z stopped playing mafias for quite some time.

Furthermore, an indecisive player may not be the sign of scum, but rather of a, well, indecisive player.

And a scummy player may not be the sign of scum, but a sign of a badly played townie. There’s always multiple possibilities, and I don’t see why a player should not pressure for details that may be used as later evidence.

I don’t see any scumtells, at all.

Pulsaris’ claim isn’t scummy? Bluji’s posting style with Jask doesn’t count as either a VI tell or a scumtell? And doesn’t Jask have scumtells according to you? How then, are there no scumtells?

but will engaging in a lengthy debate about the existence of jesters really help to identify scum?

Explain to me how the discussion was entirely a lengthy debate about jesters. In addition, one discussion will lead to another, as proven by RQS and joke phase.

No. I’ve been literally playing mafias before you’ve even arrived here

I don’t see how this is relevant. This seems like just an excuse to flaunt your experience and use it to create nonexistent evidence. And why do you state this here, when it would fit just as “well” anywhere else?

and in my experience even the most lazy scum tends to take a more active stance in the thread when his role PM arrives. “Sit back and hope the townies lynch themselves into oblivion” is a strategy only the very noob use.

So it’s a professional’s strategy to completely and noticebly change his meta when he’s scum? I’ve played as scum before (obviously), and from my experience, lazy scum stay lazy in-game. I can even name examples if you would like me to. And no, the fact that you have more experience than me doesn’t completely destroy any knowledge of FGF meta that I have racked up.

Asking zzip why his answers are indecisive, which as I pointed out is already his meta.

You only have one example? And so it’s useless for Jask to ask about something that he doesn’t know about? As you have said, everyone has a different amount of experience in FGF mafias. What makes you assume that Jask has knowledge of Z’s meta when you assume that I don’t have knowledge of FGF meta even after one year here?

FoS Helltank, who by now seems like he’s voting solely to get a lynch. Clearly, there are contradictions in what he’s saying.