Risk: Earth! I (tracymirkin wins!) (locked)

287 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to Risk: Earth! I

About

Risk: Earth! I is the second edition of the Risk forum game of the entire Earth, after Mysterymason’s a while ago; and the first with the following dynamics (fixed this to appease Jaskaran’s ego). There has previously been a Risk: America! I and a Risk: America! II (the latter of which you can still sign up for).

Every player (up to 25, even though the initial map only has a few) controls their own nation and they must ultimately control the entire Earth through alliances and victories.

Flag Post

Rules and Gameplay

Here is an outline of the basic rules and gameplay of Risk: Earth! I.

How to Sign Up

Fill in the following form (or something similar):
<b>Name of my nation:</b>
<b>Colour of my nation:</b>
<b>Starting place:</b>

Upon signing up, you receive 5 territories, unless otherwise stated.

Game beginning

The game begins 24 hours after this post if at least 5 players have signed up. Up to 25 players can sign up, and after the game begins players can sign up at any point in time.

Turns

For every 24 hours, you are awarded with 15 turns, with each of which you can choose to expand or attack.

If you miss x turns, you will save 2/3 of them.
For example, if you missed today, you would have missed 15 turns. However, you can still redeem 10 of them.
If you missed 6 turns, you can redeem 4 of them.
If it’s a non-integer number, it’ll be rounded.

Expanding

To expand, post where you want to expand, such as a specific place or direction (e.g., to the north, or towards Japan).

Random.org will determine the number of territories you expand. A number from 1 to 10000 will be generated. From there, your territories expanded will be based upon the digits of that randomly-generated number.

If it ends with something not below, you get 3 territories.
If it ends with 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50, you get 10 territories.
If it ends with 60, 70, 80, or 90, you get 20 territories.
If it ends with a straight (123, 234, etc.) or triples (111, 222, etc.), you get 50 territories.
If it ends with 404 you get 80 territories.
If it ends with a straight (1234, 2345, etc.) or quads (1111, 2222, etc.), you get 100 territories.
If the number is 1337 or 10000 you get 120 territories.

Bonus territories for milestones

New bonuses and stuff will be added here occasionally, so watch out for this section!

The first player to sign up will get +2 territories.
Between the second and fifth players to sign up, random.org will be used from 2 to 5 and the winner will get +1 territory.
Between the sixth and eleventh players to sign up, random.org will be used from 6 to 11 and the winner will get +1 territory.
Once this thread reaches 25 posts, between the signed up players random.org will be used and the winner will get +2 territories.
Once this thread reaches 100 posts, between the signed up players random.org will be used and the winner will get +3 rolls.
Once this thread reaches 200 posts, between the signed up players random.org will be used and the winner will get +5 rolls.
If this thread reaches 500 posts, between the still alive players random.org will be used and the winner will get +7 rolls.
If you can name 3 real life countries or territories that are not on this map, you will be awarded with +2 territories.
If you can guess how many cats I have, with one try per player, you will be awarded with +1 territory.
If you can guess how many years I have left to finish high school, with one try per player, you will be awarded with +1 territory.
If you can guess how old my younger brother is, with one try per player, you will be awarded with +1 territory.
Who is the current Secretary General of the United Nations? One try per player, +1 territory for whoever guesses it right.
Where is the United Nations based? One try per player, +1 territory for whoever guesses it right.
The Navigational Voyager Achievement: travel in one of these three times (either by conquering or expanding). +3 territories for the first person to do it; +2 territories for the second; +1 territory for the third; +0 territories for everybody else.
The Conquerer Achievement: conquer at least three territories from an enemy for +3 territories. This will be available to the first two people to finish this achievement.
Imperialistic Expanding Achievement: have at least one territory in each continent—North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania— for +2 rolls. This will be available to the first two people to finish this achievement.
And Now It’s Mine Achievement: be the first to conquer an entire nation (i.e., until that player is eliminated) for +2 territories.
Destruction of the Mammoth Achievement: conquer an entire nation which at one point had over 100 territories (ask me if the player you’re aiming for has ever had over 100 territories and I will tell you) for +3 rolls.
Monopolising War Achievement: have over 300 territories at once for +3 rolls.
One by One I’ll Knock You Out Achievement: conquer 4 entire nations for +5 rolls.

Conquering/Attacking

When you attempt to conquer someone you will be attacking only one territory per move, and if you conquer that territory you will attack again with the same move. Every move will give you the chance of conquering at least 1 territory. That is how it’ll work once no territories are blank (when they are all owned by someone). Before that you can conquer up to 1 territory per roll.

Initially random.org wil be rolled from 1 to 10000.

Then, if you roll a number that is not below, the new number rolled will be from 1 to 100, with 1 to 50 meaning the attacking player conquers, and 51 to 100 meaning the defending player defends.
If you roll a number ending in 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50, the new number rolled will be from 1 to 110, with 1 to 60 meaning the attacking player conquers, and 61 to 110 meaning the defending player defends.
If you roll a number ending in 60, 70, 80, or 90, the new number rolled will be from 1 to 120, with 1 to 70 meaning the attacking player conquers, and 71 to 120 meaning the defending player defends.
If you roll a number that is straight such as 123, 234, etc., or triples the new number rolled will be from 1 to 150, with 1 to 100 meaning the attacking player conquers, and 101 to 150 meaning the defending player defends.
If you roll a number ending in 404, the new number rolled will be from 1 to 180, with 1 to 130 meaning the attacking player conquers and 131 to 180 meaning the defending player defends.
If you roll a number that is straight such as 1234, 2345, etc., or quads, the new number rolled will be from 1 to 200, with 1 to 150 meaning the attacking player conquers, and 151 to 200 meaning the defending player defends.
If you roll the numbers 1337 or 10000, the new number rolled will be from 1 to 220, with 1 to 170 meaning the attacking player conquers, and 171 to 220 meaning the defending player defends.

Alliances

You can form alliances with any number of players. However, remember that alliances are non-binding and thus can be broken at any point. Such as Germany and Poland’s alliance in the 1930s, which was an alliance but was broken by Germany.

Ending and Winners

The game will end when there is only one player left. Unlike in Pika’s Risk: America! II, in Risk: Earth! I when an alliance dominates the entire map, they must fight against each other until death.

Flag Post

Assigned Nations

For the full list, check out the official Risk: Earth! I spreadsheet!

Flag Post

Name of my nation: Empire of salt

Colour of my nation: orange

Starting place bottom of argentina.

Flag Post

Name of Nation: The Bovine Republic
Color of Nation: Red
Starting place: South-Eastern Australia

Flag Post

Congratulations to both of you, for making the wise choice of signing up to this great game. T6salt, as you were the first to sign up, you get +2 territories!

Flag Post

Well, that was quick. :)

Firestar’s Kingdom
Blue
Northeast America

Flag Post
If you can name 3 countries that are not on this map, you will be awarded with +2 territories (only available until 24 November).

New Zealand
Galapagos Islands
French Polynesia

If you can guess how many cats I have, with one try per player, you will be awarded with +1 territory (only available until 25 November).

If you can guess how many years I have left to finish high school, with one try per player, you will be awarded with +1 territory (only available until 26 November).

If you can guess how old my younger brother is, with one try per player, you will be awarded with +1 territory (only available until 27 November).

Flag Post

Thanks for signing up pika, and correct! 7 territories you have now.

Edit: woops, didn’t see those after NZ, Galapagos Islands, French Polynesia, checking to see if they are correct in a sec.

Edit 2: the guesses for number of cats, years left and age of my brother are all incorrect unfortunately, pika!

Flag Post

Cancerous Tumors
Grey
Southern Islands of Japan

Cats: 4
Years to Finish High School: 2
Age of Younger Brother: 12

Flag Post

Thanks for signing up, tracymirkin! Unfortunately your guesses are incorrect; but on the bright side, you have 5 territories and a great place to begin in.

Unfortunately Imgur (the website to which I’m uploading these map images) seems to make all these maps turn out as .jpg files, so the resolution isn’t all that great.

Flag Post

Also,

Lesotho
Norway
Nieu

Flag Post

Kingdom of 3’s
Random between the three remaining coulors that are part red
South Africa, Madagascar and bordeing places, or North Russia
Cats:3
Years to finish high school:3
Age of younger brother: 3
:) :) :)
Edit: I don’t think I’ll be able to make all my remaining sentences involve the number 3

Flag Post

MansW1, you have been added to North Russia! Your colour is dark red. Also, congrats, I have 3 cats. You now have 6 territories.

tracymirkin, you guessed correctly kinda, you now have 7 territories.

Flag Post

Name: the Secular Plutocracy of Ancient Magicians.
Color: Blue.

Um…
Kosovo
Sealand
Vatican city?
(I’m not sure if VC counts, and the other two aren’t officially recognized, but Thos are my guesses.)

Years of HS: 0

Age of younger brother: 16.

Flag Post

Ehm, this is not the first Risk: Earth, I am pretty sure Mysterymason made one, since I participated in it and all, the mechanics are different, though.

Name of my nation: Empire of LordJask
Color of my nation: Gold/Yellow
Anywhere Random

You have 1 year left to finish school.

Your younger brother is 15.

Flag Post

TheIdiocyWizard, correct on the countries (kinda); that question is now not available to be answered by anyone else. You got the number of high school years left correct. You have 8 territories.

Jaskaran, this is the first in the installment of Risk: Earth!, so it is technically correct. Anyhow, you have been added and both your guesses are incorrect. You have 5 territories in Northern Canada.

Flag Post

Risk: Earth! I is the first edition of the Risk forum game of the entire Earth.

I am pretty sure this is incorrect. Since, Mystermason’s was the first edition of the Risk forum game of the entire Earth.

So, when are you doing the RNG between 2nd and 5th person?

Flag Post

As stated in the “Bonus territories for milestones” section, there will now be a random.org event for the players that signed up between second and fifth. The winner will get +1 territory.

Random.org rolls from 2 to 5. TiggZ_ is number 2, pika is number 3, tracymirkin is number 4, and MansW1 is number 5.

The number is 5.

MansW1 gains +1 territory.

Flag Post

Nation of Unpredictable Asparaness
Color: Aspara (Dark Green)

Flag Post

You have been added to the game, thijs!

Flag Post

Sign-up:
Nation: Holy Expansionary Defense Force
Colour: Brown
Starting Location: African side of the persian gulf Red Sea.

Flag Post

When are we starting?

Flag Post
Originally posted by thijs956:

When are we starting?

The game begins 24 hours after this post if at least 5 players have signed up. Up to 25 players can sign up, and after the game begins players can sign up at any point in time.

Seriously?

Flag Post

Oh, and I request an alliance with the Secular Plutocracy of Ancient Magicians.