Advanced Mafia Strategy[GAME-RELATED]

19 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to Advanced Mafia Strategy! This is my third mafia strategy guide so far, essentially marking me as the biggest guide-maker on FGF.

My first guide focused on basic strategy for beginners. My second was more specialized, but still focused on basic strategy. It’s just that it focused on basic gambit strategy instead of general strategy.

This guide is for the advanced players, those who have a few wins under their belt and have pulled off one or two successful gambits. They know how to win a game, now they want to learn how to dominate one.

Table of Contents
[Required Reading]
[Optional Reading]
[Day 1:Realm of the Random Number God]
[The Middlegame:Era of the Bandwagon]
[The Endgame:The Dust Clears]

Flag Post

Required Reading
These are strongly recommended links that will help you become a better mafia player. It’s crucial to read these to better understand the concepts I’m about to introduce you to in the following sections.

Maistin’s Guide to Playing Well
A View On Cops
A Beginner’s Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia
Follow the Cop

Optional Reading
These are recommended links, but it’s not absolutely live-saving essential to read them. You can still dominate a game without them, but reading them will allow you to dominate a game faster, more cleanly and more efficiently. And more of the time.

Antrax’s Guide to Being A Good Townie
Chainsaw Defense
Bodyguard Defense
Kokusho’s Gambit
Helltank’s Guide to Gambits
A Beginner’s Guide to Mafia Strategy
An Instructive Mafia Game

Flag Post

Day 1:Realm of the Random Number God
Day 1 is, of course, characterized by random voting. Unless the scum is played by inept fools who make blatant mistakes, on Day 1 you don’t have any evidence and thus you don’t have any suspicion on anyone.

Traditionally, the game kicks off with players voting for other random players, or sometimes players whom they think could be a threat to them(naturally, they pretend it’s a random vote to prevent a quickhammer against them

After all the random votes are in, players start to take up positions, and that’s when you can begin your domination of the game. Day 1 is characterized by the positions that the players take. Logically, there shouldn’t be any positions, due to the fact that random voting is the way to go, as mentioned earlier. So why are there positions?

Most likely, it’s due to the fact that one player receives scum vibes from another player and attacks them. This leads to a war of butting heads until one of the combatants is lynched. Say MaistlinRajere votes Pulsaris right after AdeebNafees RNG votes him. JaumeBG goes on the offense, voting Maistlin and claiming he’s trying to start a scumwagon on Pulsaris. Maistlin defends, saying that he has received scumtells from Pulsaris. Bluji says that further analysis is needed and tries to prolong the day.

In this hypothetical situation, you first need to identify your own position. The argument is centering around whether or not Pulsaris is a mafia member and thus whether Maistlin is right to start a bandwagon on him. Let’s say you think that Pulsaris is a mafia member.

Then you need to identify the Influential Voices, or IVs as I like to call them. The IVs are the main talkers, the persuasive speechmakers and the ones who sway the opinions of others. Usually, there are only a maximum of 3 IVs over an issue(in this case, the scumminess of Pulsaris).

So you’ve identified JaumeBG and Bluji, two veteran mafia players, as the key IVs in this issue. Now you have to figure out which ones are on your side. JaumeBG is not on your side, as he believes Pulsaris is innocent. Bluji, on the other hand, is on your side. This may seem weird, because he wants more discussion and is apparently neutral.

But wait! Currently, there are 2 votes on Pulsaris and 1 vote on Maistlin. Since you want the vote on Pulsaris to go through, if you can delay the day(ie. no votes or unvotes) until the deadline, Pulsaris will be lynched and your objective will be achieved. Since Bluji is advocating delaying the day, he’s on your side.

The next step in your plan is to establish yourself as an Influential Voice. There are two ways to do this:the creeper way and the leap way. To know which plan will work best, use your judgement(can’t help you here; use your experience playing mafia, common sense and intuition) to determine who has more influence. Are people mostly agreeing with JaumeBG, or Bluji?

If your enemy, Jaume, has more influence, you’ll have to take the creeper way. This involves posting a light analysis of the action that has happened so far. Try to remain relatively neutral. You don’t want to take sides yet, just get people to trust you and view you as an objective analyzer who can be trusted to make the right decisions. Do some post-by-post analysis and scrutinize things like possible motivation for BOTH sides of the argument.

Once you’ve gotten a reputation within the game as a mover-and-shaker, pretend to be swayed over to Jaume’s side of the argument. Then, at some point, use an excuse(a minor scumtell by Jaume, a convincing post by Bluji, a surge of public support for Bluji) to swing over to Bluji’s side. The minor “my enemy is right” stint is to convince players that you’re objective(“What? He can’t be biased. He’s probably the most objective guy so far, seeing as he’s experienced both sides of the argument.”) and unbiased. Once you’ve established yourself as an IV on the side you support, there is nothing you can do but keep attacking Jaume and doing analysis. 95% of the time you will win, as the majority of IVs(assuming a maximum of 3 IVs) are on the side you support.

If, however, Bluji has more support, then you have a quick way up. This is a hundred times easier than the creeper way, and it involves “leaping” from neutral unknown to opinionated IV in a few posts. That’s why I call it the leap way. The first step is to get on Bluji’s side. This is not earth-shattering news, as Bluji already has lots of support, so another supporter is no big deal. Once on Bluji’s side, just start making post-by-post analysis. If you calmly and diligently repeat this step, you will be viewed as an IV as, consciously or subconsciously, your arguments will be backed by both Bluji and his supporters. It’s actually ridiculously easy.

Either way, you are now an IV on the side you support. Keep making influential and persuasive posts, avoid any major scumtells and you will slowly but surely gather the votes to lynch Pulsaris once and for all.

Flag Post

The Middlegame:Era of the Bandwagon
The Middlegame is, quite simply, the most important section of the game. A bad mislynch on D1 can be fixed by two scum lynches in the Middlegame. The Endgame is simply mopping up the remaining players, whose destinies are heavily influenced by the Middlegame.

The thing you must understand is that the Middlegame is characterized by bandwagons. It’s very difficult to find a middlegame in which each day did not end with the lynch of a bandwagoned player.

You are now an IV and are in a major force in the game. You are in a position to affect the fate of players. You can save players from crushing wagons, or execute a player who doesn’t have much pressure on him. Again, the first step is to determine where you stand on the current issue. Please note that your opponents on D1 may be on your side in the current issue. It all depends on what the other IVs think about the issue.

Another hypothetical situation:The odds are stacked against you. You have started a bandwagon against kilozombie for being unreadable, but the other two IVs, Jaume and Bluji, think that you are suspicious and have started a wagon against you. There’s currently more votes for you than votes for kilo. You are in desperate need of help.

The most obvious solution is simple:you lynch kilo, he roleflips scum, everyone loves you because you successfully scumhunted him and even better, because that day was occupied with lynching kilo, you yourself weren’t lynched on that day and thus the great bandwagon has been averted.

This is, in fact, the best solution. You might try for defensive play with No Lynch, but that means that the Day has passed with nothing happening and simply gives the scum a free kill. No, the Middlegame is all about bandwagons, and bandwagons mean that you need to attack.

Your target has been determined-kilozombie is the mark. Note that, though you need to pummel kilo, you should not tunnelvision on him and always keep an open mind(if someone copclaims and says that his investigations reveal Jaskaran2000 to be a mafia member, you should seriously consider attacking Jask instead. Or the claimed cop, if you think he’s lying).

To attack kilozombie, you first need evidence against him. This you already have; I’m assuming you only started a risky wagon because you have strong evidence. If you don’t, you should go back to the basics of determining who is suspicious(ie. back to the beginner mafia threads) before learning advanced strategies.

Present the evidence clearly and succinctly. Stick with cold, hard, facts, not intuition or meta. Spell it out:"I think that kilo is scum because he tunneled on two players that, when lynched, have been proven town. Furthermore, although we agreed that the scum would do best to kill him on Night 5, they didn’t, which might indicate that he’s scum, since obviously he won’t kill himself.

At this point, kilo or kilo’s supporters will defend. It’s a natural reflex-what, this impudent fool dares to accuse me? DESTROY HIM! Do not panic. Stay calm. Post defensively first of all, countering the evidence that says you’re scum. This will lead kilo off guard. Then attack. Say that kilo is scum, continue pressuring him, ask him why he didn’t answer questions, how can he prove that the reason he didn’t die on Night 5 is because the mafia underestimated him etc. etc. Even the most experienced players will crack under intense pressure.

Now comes the turning point. Either your pressure was intense enough to crack him and he will start contradicting himself, posting illogically and you can just widen the holes in his posts until his arguments become feeble and everybody rushes to hammer him.

This happens about 15% of the time. The other 85% of the time, you’re going to have to start juggling defense and offense. Jaume and Bluji(remember, they’re still attacking you) will have launched an onslaught that will have reached critical point by now. Do not neglect defense to focus on offense. At the start, yes, don’t invest too much in defensive measures. Now is a different story.

But neither should you stop piling on kilo! Throw everything you’ve got at him; it’s all or nothing now. Any tiny shred of evidence, as long as it’s not illogical enough to make you look like a scum desperate for mislynch, should be brought out into the open.

At this point, nothing can be done. If you’ve done your best to refute the evidence against you and attacked the other guy, all you can do is sit back and see who’s lynched. Repeat process until the middlegame is over…

Flag Post

The Endgame:The Dust Clears
[This will be a short section due to the fact that IVs usually don’t get into endgames.]
I’ll be honest with you. If the endgame comes, you’re most likely no longer in it. The mafia members have an irritating habit of killing all the non-mafia IVs(incidentally, if you see an IV that scumhunts really hard but doesn’t get NKed by mafia, it might be because he’s scum) and only about 10% of games even get into the endgame. Still it’s worth knowing how to play it, just in case

Endgames are often Lynch or Lose, which means that if you No Lynch or you lynch the wrong guy, the mafia will instantly win.

Your strategy is simple. Take the number of total players and divide it by the number of scum left. The answer is what we call X. If your suspicion of a player rises above X%, vote them immediately. If there’s more than 1 player who fulfills this criteria, vote the most suspicious one.

Once voted, there are two options:either you will get wagoned or the guy who got voted will. Unlike in the middlegame, the amount of players is too small for your actions to have any significant impact on the outcome, so just post why you think they’re suspicious, deflect any obviously wrong suspicions against you and hope they lynch the right guy. Also hope that Power Roles do their job properly.

Yep, that’s the end of it. Told you it was short.

Flag Post

Do not like.

Flag Post

Other than the links that I have already read before, I haven’t reviewed any of the content yet (and I probably won’t find the time to anytime soon), so I can’t make any comments as of now. I do have some suggestions though.

First off, the link to A Beginner’s Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia needs to be fixed. As of current, it links to the wrong page.

As for mafiascum, perhaps you could be a little more specific with the link. Some links to notably well-played games or games with good/creative set-ups could be nice. After all, there are certainly games that don’t serve as good models, and with such a broad link, somebody who wants to learn has no idea where to start.

Flag Post

Jaskaran, what don’t you like?
Devourer, thanks for the feedback, I’ve fixed it.

UPDATES:Removed the case studies as I don’t feel they are instructive enough to be included. Replaced Mafiascum.net Games with a particularly instructive and long(120 pages!) game, with a flawless mafia win. Fixed the broken link Devourer talked about.

Flag Post

Jaskaran, what don’t you like?

biggest guide-maker on FGF.

Flag Post

Are you… are you jealous?

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

He is, I guess.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Yes.

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post

mfw my name isn’t used in the example game

On topic, though, I tend to ignore any discussions of strategy, as they’re inherently biased (from one person’s opinion), and they’re meaningless anyway, due to the fact that everyone reading this is now going to change their strategy because of it (which just creates a WIFOM situation).

Have your strategies, definitely. But keep them to yourself.

Flag Post

I don’t think people are going to change their strategy because of this. Seriously, I’m probably not that influential. At most meta.

Flag Post

So this is why you resigned from multiple games?

Anyways, tl;dr. Mafia isn’t one of the things to learn from a guide, it’s all about time and experience IMO. It looks like you’re just writing a detailed transcript of a single game, which rarely applies to other games. Could have just typed a bulleted list of tips, which could engage the reader more.

Flag Post

CowFriend said it better than I could.

Except for the first (and possibly last) sentences.

Flag Post

Well, I have things to argue against:

Day 1 is, of course, characterized by random voting

That’s debatable. In many circumstances, random voting is the figurative last resort when you have exhausted all other avenues of discussion, such as RVS and RQS. Notably, random voting is the only reason I have ever been lynched on D1 (Chosen Mafia), so I am biased against this sentiment.

naturally, they pretend it’s a random vote to prevent a quickhammer against them

You won’t believe how many times an RNG’d vote gets a wagon started against you. ocelot, for example, will quote this three paragraph argument against RNG voting, and if you aren’t quick enough to unvote, he will oblige you with a vote of his own, for random voting.

Different case if your randomized vote is against someone with at least a handful of votes against him. Unless you have mastered the art of blending in with the crowd, it will get a hellton of flak thrown right into your face instantly.

So you’ve identified JaumeBG and Bluji, two veteran mafia players, as the key IVs in this issue. Now you have to figure out which ones are on your side. JaumeBG is not on your side, as he believes Pulsaris is innocent. Bluji, on the other hand, is on your side. This may seem weird, because he wants more discussion and is apparently neutral.

Why should I figure out which ones are “on my side”? I don’t even see anything about myself in that discussion. Like Sherlock Holmes said, you should make up your mind about something only when the evidence can only point in one direction. If you try to pin or unpin the blame from X without even trying to consider the actions of X, you are never going to be able to find out who is actually scummy, and who is not.

IMO, the only reason I’d post “Go Bluji!” would be because he wants discussion, not because he isn’t advocating Pulsaris’ lynch.

Since you want the vote on Pulsaris to go through, if you can delay the day(ie. no votes or unvotes) until the deadline, Pulsaris will be lynched and your objective will be achieved.

Only works with Plurality in effect. Otherwise, it is a DL extension and you are screwed when people ask you about your inactivity in the thread and go “LYNCHLYNCHLYNCH” on you.

Once you’ve gotten a reputation within the game as a mover-and-shaker, pretend to be swayed over to Jaume’s side of the argument. Then, at some point, use an excuse(a minor scumtell by Jaume, a convincing post by Bluji, a surge of public support for Bluji) to swing over to Bluji’s side. The minor “my enemy is right” stint is to convince players that you’re objective(“What? He can’t be biased. He’s probably the most objective guy so far, seeing as he’s experienced both sides of the argument.”) and unbiased. Once you’ve established yourself as an IV on the side you support, there is nothing you can do but keep attacking Jaume and doing analysis. 95% of the time you will win, as the majority of IVs(assuming a maximum of 3 IVs) are on the side you support.

Is this about playing as town or scum? I really think it is a scum guide, because it seems to be showing you how to get onto a wagon stealthily enough to be quite undetectable.

The first step is to get on Bluji’s side. This is not earth-shattering news, as Bluji already has lots of support, so another supporter is no big deal. Once on Bluji’s side, just start making post-by-post analysis. If you calmly and diligently repeat this step, you will be viewed as an IV as, consciously or subconsciously, your arguments will be backed by both Bluji and his supporters. It’s actually ridiculously easy.

How does post by post analysis help to turn you into an IV? For all it does, it confirms that you ARE reading the thread. In the end, the fact is that Bluji didn’t really start a wagon on Pulsaris, and it is you who, by at first appearing to be supporting him and then attracting his supporters to your side, managed to get Pulse lynched.

In other words, why are we so obsessed with getting Pulse lynched/not lynched?

A great candidate for the lynch is also Moist, who voted Pulsaris to apparently distract attention from himself, and didn’t vote or question AN’s vote on him which was an RNG vote. Another candidate for the hammer is JaumeBG for his preemptive defense of Pulsaris, and, of course, the whole matter depends on those scumtells Mais says that he received from Pulse. The only reason Bluji is sus is because he seems to be a bit too careful about a couple of isolated votes D1 and “trying to prolong day” without trying to prove any of the people in the thread wrong seems to me like sitting on the wall and waiting to see which way the wagon goes before leaping onto it.

You are now an IV and are in a major force in the game. You are in a position to affect the fate of players. You can save players from crushing wagons, or execute a player who doesn’t have much pressure on him.

I dunno about your experience, but from my experience, these "IVs’ end up being the second day lynch more often than they are not, exceptions being a handful of truly awesome players like devourer who are just too good at giving out too little of themselves while identifying your mistakes.

The only game I saw which was absolutely dominated by a single player was Vanilla Mafia, and the player was ocelot. You might remember that game too.

This is, in fact, the best solution

Wut? What if kilo ISN’T scum? Do I somehow brainwash the GM into making him scum or something? Unless you mean “scumhunt carefully midgame”, in which case, I couldn’t agree more.

You might try for defensive play with No Lynch, but that means that the Day has passed with nothing happening and simply gives the scum a free kill.

NL has utility in MiLo and Chat Mafias. When it comes to forum mafias, suggesting NL when you get voted seems to me like such a suicidal action that you might as well have not signed up at all.

To attack kilozombie, you first need evidence against him. This you already have; I’m assuming you only started a risky wagon because you have strong evidence. If you don’t, you should go back to the basics of determining who is suspicious(ie. back to the beginner mafia threads) before learning advanced strategies.

I’d say scumhunting is an advanced mafia strategy. Hell, it is the only other advanced strategy in the whole game, since there are no fixed rules to it, and you have to improvise the whole time (the other strategy being a great mimic as scum).

So yeah. I still agree that you shouldn’t even have started that mid game wagon without having good reasons for doing so.

Stick with cold, hard, facts, not intuition or meta.

Meta can sometimes be really effective, but since the effectiveness is hotly debated, I guess you might be right.

I think that kilo is scum because he tunneled on two players that, when lynched, have been proven town. Furthermore, although we agreed that the scum would do best to kill him on Night 5, they didn’t, which might indicate that he’s scum, since obviously he won’t kill himself.

So lynching town is scum? While I admit that scum would like to get town lynched, getting town lynched isn’t strictly a characteristic of scum, as even the best town players sometimes get false positives that flip town. And really, how DID he manage to get those two other players lynched back then, hmm? It was Vox Populi that killed him back then, so it is Vox Populi to blame for what happened, not poor old kilo who only expressed his opinion about who is scum.

As for the second bit, why oh why would scum kill a guy who is so suspicious that town has actually decided to lynch him in midgame, especially when the townies have actually “discussed who scum would kill”?

Say that kilo is scum, continue pressuring him, ask him why he didn’t answer questions, how can he prove that the reason he didn’t die on Night 5 is because the mafia underestimated him etc. etc. Even the most experienced players will crack under intense pressure.

Say that kilo is scum > How are you so sure about him being scum?
Continue pressuring him > Are you trying to pin it all on kilo when you have been attacked as a last ditch defense?
How can he prove that the reason he didn’t die on Night 5 is because the mafia underestimated him > Mafia, aka you, wanted him alive till now so you could misdirect this lynch

As for even the most experienced players cracking under extreme pressure, I agree. You can go and check that little bit, can’t remember which mafia, where devourer cracked and went all woozy. It was amusing, but didn’t really help town a whole lot.

[This will be a short section due to the fact that IVs usually don’t get into endgames.]

Must bold this.

The mafia members have an irritating habit of killing all the non-mafia IVs

Not some of the people I know who like to leave a couple of “IVs” alive for their amusement. And probably to find the numerous ‘scumtells’ they left behind in their elaborate analyses throughout the game. Endgame always reminds me of that quote:

No man has better proficiency in conversation than the man who knows when to remain silent.

If your suspicion of a player rises above X%, vote them immediately.

Where can I buy one of these “suspicion-o-meters”?

I think I understand what you mean. More scum means we have to be harsher with pressuring in the endgame, but I don’t agree that less scum means we can be all calm and stuff.

Also, for trivia’s sake, and for general amusement, X will always 30-40% because scum wins when they control 50% of active votes, and that should mean that, at LyLo, they are 1 or 2 votes behind the mark. Considering a single NK here!

Also hope that Power Roles do their job properly.

This. Elaborate on this. I suggest you add a whole section on what Power Roles should do, what Power Roles shouldn’t do, which Power Roles should be careful of which Power Roles etc.

Right now, the guide is too barebones.

Flag Post

Well, I thought I should read through this in case you refer to it again (with more than just the IV’s), and obviously, I’ll also comment on it. Adeeb might have already said some things that I will, but I’m annotating typing this as I read, so I have no idea what he has said. If I repeat something, think of it as confirmation of a common opinion. Note that everything I say is obviously an opinion and may be incorrect. If you disagree with something, I suggest that we debate in order to create more accuracy.

Day 1 is, of course, characterized by random voting.

No it isn’t, especially in FGF. After multiple people threw out arguments against RNG voting, people eventually stopped using it in favor of the joke phase, which eventually went out in favor of RQS because of common annoyance.

Unless the scum is played by inept fools who make blatant mistakes, on Day 1 you don’t have any evidence and thus you don’t have any suspicion on anyone.

Add in “or the town is made up of idiots” after “fools”. Scumhunting is definitely possible on D1.

Traditionally, the game kicks off with players voting for other random players, or sometimes players whom they think could be a threat to them(naturally, they pretend it’s a random vote to prevent a quickhammer against them

See my response to random voting. In addition, this implies that it’s a good idea to randomly vote someone just for being experienced. Unless you are aiming for a VI impression, this is usually a terrible idea.

Add a period to the end of this paragraph :P.

Do some post-by-post analysis and scrutinize things like possible motivation for BOTH sides of the argument.

It can be argued that being indecisive and catering to both sides is a scumtell.

The minor “my enemy is right” stint is to convince players that you’re objective(“What? He can’t be biased. He’s probably the most objective guy so far, seeing as he’s experienced both sides of the argument.”) and unbiased.

Again, it can be argued that changing votes can be a scumtell.

You have started a bandwagon against kilozombie for being unreadable

If I attempted to start a bandwagon on a player simply for being unreadable, I would get myself lynched. And honestly, I hope that town wouldn’t actually sheep after me when I’m using such a negligible amount of evidence.

you lynch kilo, he roleflips scum, everyone loves you because you successfully scumhunted him and even better

People would consider the possibility of bussing, would they not?

simply gives the scum a free kill.

Wait, so you’re town? Why are you more concerned with getting your target killed and manipulating everyone than scumhunting then? Why are you attacking players instead of pressuring them? And isn’t manipulation a mafia tactic?

Stick with cold, hard, facts, not intuition or meta.

This can be argued against. In terms of intuition, I lost Ten Little Indians because I wasn’t willing to listen to mine. Because I couldn’t read Knoob or find any scumtells on him, I screwed up a MyLo on the last day.

And in terms of meta, a person contradicting his preestablished meta should always be carefully observed. It shouldn’t be used as concrete evidence though, as meta can easily be faked or changed to one’s purposes.

And while I know that this is presented evidence and not internal evidence, meta and gut feelings can be used as filler to support your argument or justify yourself. The latter plays more into scum, and probably shouldn’t be used unless you’re sure that you will succeed.

I think that kilo is scum because he tunneled on two players that, when lynched, have been proven town. Furthermore, although we agreed that the scum would do best to kill him on Night 5, they didn’t, which might indicate that he’s scum, since obviously he won’t kill himself.

Lynching town does not make a person scum, just like lynching scum does not make a person town.

In addition, lynching based on revealed night actions is unreliable. As I have stated in the past, I like to randomly NK people as scum in order to manipulate people with this very opinion. And if this returns an intended effect, I consider using that as evidence to start pressuring him.

Post defensively first of all, countering the evidence that says you’re scum. This will lead kilo off guard.

Or it will cause him to continue pressuring you. Without the deadline and the lynch, arguments can continue forever without a conclusion. Defending yourself can actually create more evidence against you.

Either your pressure was intense enough to crack him and he will start contradicting himself

In addition to this, pressure can also cause players to became doubtful and lessen their suspicion of you.

Jaume and Bluji(remember, they’re still attacking you) will have launched an onslaught that will have reached critical point by now.

It isn’t impossible to defend yourself and pressure others at the same time. In fact, they can be synonymous at times. In the best case scenario, a player will not allow a bandwagon to turn on him this far. At the very least, he’ll slow it.

The mafia members have an irritating habit of killing all the non-mafia IVs

If they did this, it would be a warning that the IV could be scum. In other words, the mafia should, at times, leave other IV’s alive.

If your suspicion of a player rises above X%, vote them immediately.

Wut. How am I supposed to measure suspicion? Wouldn’t it be reasonable just to vote/pressure the most suspicious person without using abstract math?

Once voted, there are two options:either you will get wagoned or the guy who got voted will.

Are you the only two suspicious players? Why is it mandatory that a townie IV ends up ridiculously suspicious?

And now for some responses to Adeeb’s responses.

ocelot, for example, will quote this three paragraph argument against RNG voting,

As will several other players. In other words, RNG voting can actually create a bandwagon against you if people are willing to vote.

You can go and check that little bit, can’t remember which mafia, where devourer cracked and went all woozy.

Would this be racefan’s Dual Mafia ?

Not some of the people I know who like to leave a couple of “IVs” alive for their amusement.

Now that I think about it, this might be a dangerous meta.