[Mafia] Worst... Role... Ever. [Day 4] page 8 (locked)

252 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Amazing Acceleration?…

Hmmm… Might be a day shortener. Leave it.

This is what I’m thinking, actually. However, we’re three days into the game, so I’m actually not sure we’ll need the extra time anymore. If this is me talking out of my ass, feel free to use it against me.

Vote: Open the box

Flag Post

I’d say it can’t be awful, granted that it actually has words on it now, whereas yesterday’s didn’t. Vote: Open the box.

Flag Post

Open

Flag Post

Oh Holy Fuck, AN has done a game. WOW! Well Done mate! I’m really proud of you for making a game AN and I mean this. I could spam this game, but I won’t. Can I just say WELL DONE AN? I’m a changed person now. I will be back soon as this lovely changed person.

But many people won’t accept me as this changed person. I would like to wish you and everyone else a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays on kongregate.

I wish you all the good luck in the world AN with your game.

Thanks for reading this mate.

From Walfordking.

Flag Post

You might have the wrong thread.

But, uh… I don’t remember you being a dick.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

You might have the wrong thread.

But, uh… I don’t remember you being a dick.

I do!

Flag Post

Text wall time? Text wall time. Note that I’ll be replying to these as I read through the thread, so I may be clueless as to future developments.

(RQS)

I’ll be ignoring this, mostly because I don’t see the point of bumping a dead RQS. It won’t help facilitate discussion, which should have started by now. And even if it hasn’t, a new RQS would suit the purposes better. If anyone, for any reason, wants me to answer some/all of the questions, go ahead and ask me, and I’ll comply.

(Hamuka)

Not sure. Might be very active at the endgame though.

Explain why you would be active at the end-game and not the early game.

(Maist)

Amen to that.

I just realized that racefan is dead, but I’ve already made a response to his post :(. Seeing as you agreed with that post, I would like your comments on why you agree with it and responses to my comments on the post itself:

Think of me as suspicious, I don’t care.

This statement bothers me. When a townie isn’t pulling a gambit, I don’t see why he would be instantly defensive at the start of his post.

But I’m not answering your questions that are absolutely meaningless. I have my meta-game, you have yours. But I’m not revealing mine 5 posts into a Day 1 just because you ask me to.

I love how there’s always one person that feels the need to attack RQS. It makes it difficult to tell whether RQS or the want to attack RQS is the true catalyst of discussion. Anyways, his questions are not meaningless in that they create discussion; even the fact that you posted this is proof of that.

As for meta, it strikes me as suspicious that you are so defensive of yours. Are you so unconfident in your play that you feel that the revealing of an unconstant meta would damage your ability to play? Do you believe that a lone meta is enough evidence to lynch? Somehow, I doubt it. As town, revealing your meta would actually be beneficial, as playing to your town meta would make you less suspicious. As mafia, revealing your meta would be bad, providing you told the truth and actually followed it. If you were town, you would have no problem with revealing your meta.

Try actually scumhunting

And you believe scumhunting can be done without an active discussion?

(RaceBandit)

That was so fast that I’m waiting until D2 to answer them.

Why would you wait until D2 to answer a clearly D1 oriented RQS? The entire purpose is to create discussion, so why would you wait until D2 when discussion has hopefully already started?

(myhome)

RNG votesactually give me information on you. Nothing conclusive, but corroborative.

And this information would be?

I will now be more suspicious of you and those who do NOT answer.

Explain why racefan’s stance would influence your suspicions and why you didn’t come to this conclusion before his post.

(RaceBandit)

Betcha anything myhome’s getting vigged N1 so we don’t lynch a jester.

Why do you believe that myhome is a jester just because he disagrees with racefan?

(Myhome)

You could just answer in a completely convoluted way that says nothing about what the questions asked.

Which helps town in absolutely no way. Why would you advocate this?

(RaceBandit)

Argh, two possible jesters, WAIT MIMES
…double argh, really hoping we have a vig

I don’t see how this contributes to the thread at all. There was a discussion going on and you decided to jump on the small chance of someone being a jester instead of contributing. Why would those posts instantly prove someone to be a jester when it doesn’t provoke lynch in any way and why are you so keen on advocating a vig kill?

So basically, you think the questions are casks of wine.

Explain what you mean by this.

(GottaAskTheMan)

BUT I’M COP.

Why would you claim cop on D1 without a finished investigation?

(BCLegends)

Well, I believe I’ve seen enough.

Explain your reasoning behind this vote. What was your stance? What did you agree with? What did you disagree with?

(DJ)

TeeHee

I will hurt you. Is it your new meta to act like a jester or something? This is exactly what you’re doing in Storm. I’ll regard this as a null tell for now.

(Racefan)

He even admits himself that it’s random questioning that doesn’t really have any impact on the game.

I know he’s dead, but I’m going to borrow from Cowfriend and say 5/5 logic.

(Gotta)

I’m not going to state.
For unknown reasons kept only between Adeeb and myself.

What are you referring to here?

(Maist)

Have you guys never heard of an RNG vote?

So your vote was not based off of racefan, but actually a RNG vote? And you would consider RNG voting during a discussion?

(Gotta)

Just go with the flow. I mean, after all, Maist is never going to get voted, so it’s a useless vote.

You’re not going to argue your stance? Why would you bandwagon instead of proving your point?

(DJ)

Yeah, I have the same feeling that that vote isn’t a RNG’d.

Why would he have a reason to seriously fake a vote? Racefan was nowhere near a substantial lynch number, and if that vote wasn’t a joke, it would be deliberately making him suspicious. And if he was a jester, why would you vote him? And because listing every single person that did this would be detrimental in that it would make my post unnecessarily long, I will list them out here. Before anyone asks, I have excluded Woon because of her meta. These players should answer to this post.
DJ
Silver
Maist
Mark
Myhome
T6
RaceBandit
Gotta
Hamuka

I realize that this is probably the case of a town fail, but I feel that there’s a good need for every voter to answer to this post.

And similarly, I want everyone who wants to answer a box explicitly labeled Amazing Acceleration, which has the possibility of decreasing day length to answer why. Why would any reasonable townie want to cut the time of day?
Mark
DJ
Maist
Myhome
RaceBandit
BC
T6

Now for some player analyses.

Vote Maist. Throughout the game, he has exhibited both inconsistency and general scumtells. He agreed with racefan on a fallacious argument without much of an elaboration, then went on to vote Jask. And even though he apparently agreed with Race, he stated that his vote was a RNG, which is strange because discussion had started. Maist has shown up consistently for bandwagons and has defended his scumminess by stating his chat meta, which really doesn’t clear his lack of will to help town and sheepiness. And referring to the talks of him being a possible jester, I highly doubt it, as Adeeb has stated his extreme dislike of jesters in the past and I don’t see him displaying such blatant hypocrisy.

FoS Gotta for making weird claims. On D1, he claimed as cop even though he had no solid reason to. He also hasn’t been killed for claiming yet, and while some might claim this to be a WIFOM, he also hasn’t claimed any of his investigates. Therefore, there is no good proof that he is actually a cop. And instead of pressing Maist, who he was suspicious of, he decided to bandwagon on Jask without even stating his position on him.

FoS RaceBandit for consistently making unhelpful posts, which create the illusion that he’s actually active without truly contributing to town. He has hided his reasoning and made off-topic posts, only stating reasoning when it corresponds to his bandwagoning. Race, what’s your stance on Maist? What was your stance on Jask? What was your stance on racefan?

Flag Post

EBWOP:

Just realized that I can’t vote. Count my Maist vote as a FoS Maist, as I think we can discuss during Dawn (correct me if I’m wrong).

Vote to leave the box closed.

Flag Post

Um, to be 100% honest, didn’t really know what the box was going to do, actually kinda skipped almost all of the Day’s (Dawn’s) message thingy, kinda just wanted to keep the box open.

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

Um, to be 100% honest, didn’t really know what the box was going to do, actually kinda skipped almost all of the Day’s (Dawn’s) message thingy, kinda just wanted to keep the box open.

Satisfactory, I guess, considering you think the box starts as open. I would suggest you revote to keep the box closed, that is, if the opening hasn’t already been hammered.

Flag Post

Hold up a tick, when did it say opening the box would end the day.

close box

Taking your word, however could you clarify what the box does?

Flag Post

It is Dawn and not Day.

I have no idea, but judging from the title, it will speed up Days, Nights, and Dawns.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

It is Dawn and not Day.

I have no idea, but judging from the title, it will speed up Days, Nights, and Dawns.

Titles can be deceiving you know.

Flag Post

And are you really willing to take that risk?

Flag Post

No, but AN may be bastard enough to do so.

Flag Post

Actually, yes, I am totaly willing to take that risk, I’m sorry, curiosity killed the cat and all.

keep the box open

Flag Post

Okay, let’s see what I missed in devourer359’s post…

That was so fast that I’m waiting until D2 to answer them.

Why would you wait until D2 to answer a clearly D1 oriented RQS? The entire purpose is to create discussion, so why would you wait until D2 when discussion has hopefully already started?

Because it was too fast to answer immediately.
Betcha anything myhome’s getting vigged N1 so we don’t lynch a jester.

Why do you believe that myhome is a jester just because he disagrees with racefan?

I saw stupidity that was leaning towards getting myhome16 lynched.
Argh, two possible jesters, WAIT MIMES
…double argh, really hoping we have a vig

I don’t see how this contributes to the thread at all. There was a discussion going on and you decided to jump on the small chance of someone being a jester instead of contributing. Why would those posts instantly prove someone to be a jester when it doesn’t provoke lynch in any way and why are you so keen on advocating a vig kill?

Again, I saw stupidity that pointed towards jesters.
So basically, you think the questions are casks of wine.

Explain what you mean by this.

This should explain the wine thing more easily than I possibly could.
Why would he have a reason to seriously fake a vote? Racefan was nowhere near a substantial lynch number, and if that vote wasn’t a joke, it would be deliberately making him suspicious.

I remember eating a fake RNG vote months ago; it was actually an OMGUS because the person I RNG’d called bullshit. As such, the only reason I can think of to seriously bullshit an RNG vote is an OMGUS. If there’s another example, fire away.

And if he was a jester, why would you vote him?

If I think someone’s a Jester, I’m not voting them.

Why would any reasonable townie want to cut the time of day?

Restrict the breadcrumbs to keep scum guessing. (I’m assuming you at least know the Mafia term breadcrumbing.)

Race, what’s your stance on Maist? What was your stance on Jask? What was your stance on racefan?

Let the half-assed analysis begin…

MaistlinRajere: When he cast his Jaskaran2000 vote, he didn’t bother put up any explanation. Took two votes on Maist for the beans to be spilt. When I recast my Maist vote D2, I probably should have noted that I was retaining my D1 suspicions. My bad. Once he admitted that he wasn’t PR’d, though, I was loving my MaistlinRajere vote a bit more. Jask’s D2 RNG vote is why I backed off.
Jaskaran2000: As noted before, I was seeing enough derpiness to suspect Jask of being a Jester. Since they win if lynched (With the exception of the NK!Jester from SBM), I wanted to see someone with a nightkill take him out at night so he would lose the game and be out of our hair while we figured out who was a threat. If you want me to go over his posts again for an attempt at a more thorough analysis, I’ll do it, but right now, it seems a bit pointless.
racefan12: I wasn’t getting any reads off of him… I probably shouldn’t even be playing Mafia in the first place when I don’t have a goddamn scumdar.

Flag Post

EBWOP: By “Keep scum guessing”, I meant regarding which role would be the most dangerous to the Mafia.

Flag Post

I saw stupidity that was leaning towards getting myhome16 lynched.

Explain how myhome’s post about avoiding RQS could be considered stupid.

Again, I saw stupidity that pointed towards jesters.

In terms of dj, I can actually see this as a plausible interpretation. Null tell.

should explain the wine thing more easily than I possibly could.

I find it funny how the first thing that came to mind when I read your post was drunk people and not WIFOM. While this is less relevant now that he is dead, I fail to see how race was accusing Jask of WIFOM (the definition of which I think is being misunderstood). As he’s dead now, I won’t deliberate on this point.

I remember eating a fake RNG vote months ago; it was actually an OMGUS because the person I RNG’d called bullshit. As such, the only reason I can think of to seriously bullshit an RNG vote is an OMGUS. If there’s another example, fire away.

I know it could be considered an OMGUS. What I’m asking is if you consider an OMGUS vote beneficial to Jask in that situation and if an OMGUS vote would actually be scummy.

If I think someone’s a Jester, I’m not voting them.
As noted before, I was seeing enough derpiness to suspect Jask of being a Jester.

Then why did you vote him? I’m seeing contradictions here.

Restrict the breadcrumbs to keep scum guessing.

A good breadcrumb shouldn’t be able to be detected without the player himself pointing it out in the future. And that’s going with the assumption that breadcrumbs are reliable in the first place. I fail to see how restricting breadcrumbs is beneficial to town, especially when nobody even breadcrumbs in FGF (clue me in if I’m wrong here, please). And if breadcrumbs are more helpful to scum than town, why would anyone breadcrumb in the first place?

Flag Post

Open it!

Flag Post

EBWOP

Why would you claim cop on D1 without a finished investigation?
bq. I’m not going to state.
For unknown reasons kept only between Adeeb and myself.

There’s the answer.

What are you referring to here?

See above.

You’re not going to argue your stance? Why would you bandwagon instead of proving your point?

Since if I try to prove my point, it’s going to be useless anyway. Also, Maist seemed like a jester back then.

Flag Post

Day 3: Amazing Acceleration

(was this a wise decision?)

“Do you think this will work?” Jason asked Joyce for the fourteenth time that morning, looking up from the manual and peering at him anxiously. He didn’t get a very satisfactory response.

“You have to make it work.” replied Joyce grimly, polishing his helmet with a solemn expression on his face. He seemed to be trying not to meet Jason’s eyes. “There isn’t any other way out. There isn’t any other way to get that much money in one go.” He stopped polishing the helmet, and stood up. Pushing back his chair, Jason made as if to get up as well, but Joyce stalled him. “Have your breakfast. You’ll need the strength. It’s really cold outside.”.

Looking out of the window at the foggy scenery outside, Jason nodded reluctantly, and returned to shoveling the unappetizing eggs into his mouth. All the while, he thought he could hear the engine of the MotorX D-3000 humming in the garage, inviting him to hurry up and get done with the morning’s work. The morning’s work…

He looked up, startled, as he felt a hand on his shoulder. Joyce’ sister, Jasmine stood beside him, her long black hair tied back in a ponytail, wearing a gown and an apron on top. She watched her brother pick up the notes strewn over the floor with an unreadable expression on her face. Then, she looked at Jason, smiling, although her eyes betrayed her inner sorrow. Jason tried to smile as well, but only managed a grimace, before turning away. He waited for Joyce to leave the room, before opening his mouth to speak, but she was quicker.

“Jason…” he stalled, wondering what she would say. They had known each other since they were children, but Jasmine was a strange girl. Jason had known many girls in his life, to an extent where he prided himself in being able to tell just what was going on in a girl’s mind just by observing her expression. Not with Jasmine, though.

She remained silent, and he resisted the urge to squirm in his seat in impatience. He had something to say too, but at the same time, he somehow wanted her to speak first. He wanted to let her know how thankful he was for her encouragement when he first learned how to drive the MotorX, but at the same time, he wanted her to confirm that she had understood his fears. He wanted to let her know how frightened he was at the prospect of what lay ahead of him, but he needed her consolation and reassurance first. There wasn’t anyone else he could rely on at this moment of danger.

“Good luck.” she said, and her voice broke. Jason felt as if something heavy had fallen off his chest, and he could breathe again. He stood up, lightly brushing her hand off his shoulder, amazed by his own cool acceptance of the fact that she hadn’t offered him any consolations. Perhaps, he thought, he was just happy that she knew how helpless he was.

“Thanks for all you have done.” he said, quietly, and then, unable to bear her silence, he stepped out of the room and towards the garage.

Amazing acceleration.

That’s what he needed. With only a few seconds before the sun was up, he wouldn’t get the chance to perform even a single round to acquire the velocity that he needed. The MotorX, a motorbike personally modified by Joyce, would hopefully do the trick, but he still felt uneasy, as he had never really performed a stunt of such massive proportions before.

A ramp was the only equipment they had to launch him into the air. Getting across the river from there was going to be chiefly his duty.

He didn’t have a choice though. He needed the money badly.

Day 3 has started! Hard DL is 72 hours from now.
With 12 alive, it takes 6 for a lynch. In case of a tie, the person to reach majority first will be lynched.
Plurality has been brought into effect. For this day only, Accelerated Start is in effect. This means that for this day only, everyone will be randomly assigned (using random.org) as voting for a random other person (taking them no farther, at most, than L-2). Players cannot unvote. Players can, however, change their votes. The initial votecount is as follows:

Votals

therealsirmark4 (1) ~ MaistlinRajere
devourer359 (2) ~ SilverEvil, therealsirmark4
MaistlinRajere (2) ~ djrockstar, Woon1957
BCLEGENDS (1) ~ GottaAskTheMan
GottaAskTheMan (1) ~ BCLEGENDS
djrockstar (1) ~ t6salt
Woon1957 (1) ~ hamuka
RaceBandit (1) ~ devourer359
t6salt (1) ~ RaceBandit
Jaskaran2000 (1) ~ myhome16

Flag Post

And before I forget, because I nearly did, voting yourself is disallowed for today.

It is also a modkillable offense, before you ask.

Flag Post

I reckon we should vote the inactive players.

Flag Post

MOD: Who will get lynched if nobody decides to change their votes?