[Mafia] Worst... Role... Ever. [Day 4] page 9 (locked)

252 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

MOD: Who will get lynched if nobody decides to change their votes?

At the moment, I have no idea. If no one changes their vote, I will probably scrap the game due to lack of interest.

Flag Post

(Most of this post is in response to devourer359.)
“Explain how myhome’s post about avoiding RQS could be considered stupid.”
FoSing the people racefan12 didn’t seemed like a spiteful thing; not the kind of attitude you want in a Mafia game AFAIK.

“What I’m asking is if you consider an OMGUS vote beneficial to Jask in that situation and if an OMGUS vote would actually be scummy.”
There’s little to no point to an OMGUS. Would probably be more of a noob tell than a scum tell, though.

“Then why did you vote him? I’m seeing contradictions here.”
I had forgotten about the jestertells I was seeing earlier.

“A good breadcrumb shouldn’t be able to be detected without the player himself pointing it out in the future. And that’s going with the assumption that breadcrumbs are reliable in the first place. I fail to see how restricting breadcrumbs is beneficial to town, especially when nobody even breadcrumbs in FGF (clue me in if I’m wrong here, please). And if breadcrumbs are more helpful to scum than town, why would anyone breadcrumb in the first place?”

no clue how to answer this.
Not gonna self-vote, though, since modkilling a townie would be playing to lose, and if I were to do it intentionally, I’d probably eat a longer ban than what I would expect.

(Accelerated Start)
There will not be an OMGUS joke here; don’t make me change my vote to you.

GATM: I reckon we should vote the inactive players.”
We shouldn’t have to kill off the lurkers ourselves.

Flag Post

Best town ever.

(Gotta)

There’s the answer.

I’m suspicious that you’re pulling something similar to Bluji. I’ll just keep my eye on you for now.

Since if I try to prove my point, it’s going to be useless anyway. Also, Maist seemed like a jester back then.

Then why did you state that you changed your mind and didn’t find Maist a jester? What was your stance on Jask at the time of your unvote and at the time that you joined the RNG bandwagon?

I reckon we should vote the inactive players.

Because we should obviously hammer inactives when there’s actual evidence against others.

(RaceBandit)

There’s little to no point to an OMGUS. Would probably be more of a noob tell than a scum tell, though.

Stop avoiding the actual question. Why did you vote Jask? If it was a noob tell, why would you vote? The fact that you claim that you had scum, jester, and noob suspicions completely clouds up and contradicts your argument. If you had claimed that you had a mixed opinion, it would be believable, but you keep changing your stance.

Not gonna self-vote, though

Why would you self-vote?

There will not be an OMGUS joke here; don’t make me change my vote to you.

Why are you threatening to vote me? I think I’ll stay my vote. Not only have you defended your vote by stating that Jask’s vote was both a suspicious OMGUS and a pointless OMGUS, you’re attempting to OMGUS me yourself?

Flag Post

“Stop avoiding the actual question.”
>implying I was avoiding the question
@*$& it, I’m ignoring this before I ragequit.

“Why would you self-vote?”
Consider it a ragequit, if it even happens.

“Why are you threatening to vote me? I think I’ll stay my vote. Not only have you defended your vote by stating that Jask’s vote was both a suspicious OMGUS and a pointless OMGUS, you’re attempting to OMGUS me yourself?”
That was directed towards everybody, not just you.

Flag Post

I’m really thinking of dropping out of this game, simply because of how I reacted to devourer359’s questioning. If I can’t answer something like that, I don’t think I have any excuse to be playing Mafia games. Rather than suicide, though, I’ll let AdeebNafees decide on whether or not I should be replaced.

My role was okay, but my attitude? No. Just no.

Sorry, Adeeb.

Flag Post

No one changed their votes, so I dunno whether I should display the votals. Eh, I’ll oblige.

Votals

therealsirmark4 (1) ~ MaistlinRajere
devourer359 (2) ~ SilverEvil, therealsirmark4
MaistlinRajere (2) ~ djrockstar, Woon1957
BCLEGENDS (1) ~ GottaAskTheMan
GottaAskTheMan (1) ~ BCLEGENDS
djrockstar (1) ~ t6salt
Woon1957 (1) ~ hamuka
RaceBandit (1) ~ devourer359
t6salt (1) ~ RaceBandit
Jaskaran2000 (1) ~ myhome16

24 hours to go if you guys want to decide on a lynch.

If I can’t answer something like that, I don’t think I have any excuse to be playing Mafia games. Rather than suicide, though, I’ll let AdeebNafees decide on whether or not I should be replaced.

I could reply to this like a big damn GM, telling you why I don’t want you to quit;

Or, I could be myself and say “Oi RB, just because my replacements list contains another name doesn’t mean that I am dying to get him into the fray”. In other words, I want you to continue playing, and explain yourself to devourer.

This is really off-topic, and I will probably regret this tomorrow when I am feeling less expressive:

I didn’t include the actual phrasing “remember, this game is a commitment” in my rules, because I find it an unnecessary addition in any game. Any conscientious player knows that the game is a commitment, and just because he plays or played badly doesn’t mean that he can forget that. This is the Forum Games Forum, not the Forum Jobs Forum or the Forum Tasks Forum, and we don’t come here to set examples for others, but for the plain goal of entertaining ourselves with what we can do, and what others can do.

There is no place for something that isn’t entertaining in FGF, and therefore, if you, not necessarily RaceBandit, find it a chore to get on this thread, I will welcome your withdrawal from the game, along with, preferably, a pretty long-winded explanation of why you don’t want to participate (hey, I still like reading!).

I was tempted to sign out of Corrupted several times, because I believed that my role was unfair, and the feeling intensified several times when Knoob pressured me. I did stick to it till the bitter end, though I guess I should have put up more of a struggle, but the fact is, I did stick to it. I am proud of my failure, because I got the entertainment I wanted from Wooneh’s entertainment on having her experiment completed successfully, but the best and worst parts of this world are the same: we are all different from one other.

If my players don’t want my experiment to succeed, I will understand fully, though that doesn’t mean that I will accept it silently (expect another long text wall written, probably, in code so that you guys become quite definite that you don’t want to read it). That’s possibly the biggest GM rant of FGF, though I don’t think I am the biggest fail GM of FGF (someone else has the lucrative title).

Thank you for scrolling down all the way down to the bottom of this post. If you read it, you might be feeling a mixture of regret at my senility and humor at the fact that I typed this whole thing up while playing Clash of the Dragons. Music does do funny things to your mind.

Flag Post

As noted before, I had absolutely no problems with the role I was given. The playstyle I had, though… it just made me think I wasn’t having a good time and that I’d be better off hosting Mafia than actually playing it.

Still, I could give devourer’s question another shot.

“What I’m asking is if you consider an OMGUS vote beneficial to Jask in that situation and if an OMGUS vote would actually be scummy.”
The more obvious an OMGUS is, the less helpful it’ll be to the caster. In this case, Jaskaran2000 did not have anything going for him when several people already wanted him dead and he didn’t try to save himself.

Flag Post

Wow, votes are so spread out e_e

Flag Post

[Unvote: MaistlineRajere]
[Vote: Jaskaran2000]

Flag Post

Unvote: T6salt
Vote: Jaskaran2000

To break the tie.

Flag Post
Originally posted by djrockstar:

Originally posted by RaceBandit:

To break the tie.

Fos: RaceBandit and djrockstar Why?
1. Bandwagoning for no entire reason
2. seems like scumwagon
Question: why are both of you doing this? I mean, you are not even providing a fucking REASON to vote.

Flag Post

Why?

Elaborate, please.

Bandwagoning for no entire reason

Elaborate, please.

seems like scumwagon

Elaborate, please.

Question

Elaborate, please.

Elaborate why you put that as a numbered list, please.

Flag Post

Uh, how are ties resolved again, NL?

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

Uh, how are ties resolved again, NL?

Again, you voted for no friggen reason.
and if it was to break a tie…why are you randomly killing someone?

Flag Post

I would like to point out to everyone that Jask is already dead. Unless I have missed something, he was lynched D2.

In addition, I’ve noticed that my two questions to the majority of the players have been ignored. FoS Mark, Silver, Hamuka, and DJ.

(RaceBandit)

>implying I was avoiding the question

Please point out where you have comprehensively answered my question about why you voted Jask.

The more obvious an OMGUS is, the less helpful it’ll be to the caster. In this case, Jaskaran2000 did not have anything going for him when several people already wanted him dead and he didn’t try to save himself.

Then why was it scummy?

(Hamuka)

Wow, votes are so spread out e_e

Is this all you’re going to contribute?

(DJ)

Elaborate, please.

Are you determined to act like a jester in every single game you play? If you don’t stop, I’m just going to start every D1 with a policy vote on you.

Flag Post

*sigh*

All I am gonna say currently is voting for me will be a bad idea, especially if you want town to win.

Flag Post

Might as well do this before my final goodbyes. Since, I can’t vote anymore, and I am gonna give up this.

[Jask]

[RNG Vote: Race]

This vote was made only because I wanted myself to get lynched, so I could get access to special abilities which would’ve helped town to win.

[Race’s death scene]

racefan12 ~ Terrorist (?) ~ Shot

This has happened due to me. I used maistlin as a killer to kill race, however, I can only cause a kill if the two people are of separate factions, so, all info I can possibly give you is that maist and race were of different factions.

I would also like to inform you, that along with my special abilities, I also cannot vote anymore.

[Devourer]

If anyone, for any reason, wants me to answer some/all of the questions, go ahead and ask me, and I’ll comply.

Please do, just because you’ve joined anew doesn’t mean you have the right to deny answering questions with whatever reasoning, so, please answer.

I know he’s dead, but I’m going to borrow from Cowfriend and say 5/5 logic.

Not sure who you mean this to, but I’ll take it it’s against me, and say that if you had read my post, I had clearly stated some logic and reasoning against racefan’s misinterpretation.

[Gotta]

I reckon we should vote the inactive players.

Why do you reckon we should?

[Dj & Bandit]

To break the tie.

Please explain these votes, and race, why would you want to break the tie?

Dj, all I am gonna ask of you is to stop that jester-like attitude, otherwise I will certainly try to get a policy lynch on D1 against you in every mafia you and I play together from now on.

Flag Post

Flag Post

(dev)

I would like to point out to everyone that Jask is already dead. Unless I have missed something, he was lynched D2.

You’re damn right there. For reference:

Accordingly, the townspeople voted, and ultimately, a name was selected among others, due to its apparent ‘popularity’. Jaskaran2000 was carried away from the town in a small car, flanked by two rough-looking security men. He had nothing to say in his defense, and his expression was unreadable.

I guess all votes against Jask are invalid.

Why would he have a reason to seriously fake a vote? Racefan was nowhere near a substantial lynch number, and if that vote wasn’t a joke, it would be deliberately making him suspicious. And if he was a jester, why would you vote him?

ahem Scum Idiot ahem

And it may be that he didn’t want to reveal why he voted race. Or a simple bandwagon being disguised as an RNG. Or both.

Explain why you would be active at the end-game and not the early game.

Because Christmas break.

(Jask)

Dj, all I am gonna ask of you is to stop that jester-like attitude, otherwise I will certainly try to get a policy lynch on D1 against you in every mafia you and I play together from now on.

This is so idiotic I have to FoS Jask, even though he’s already dead. Policy lynching only because a player acted like a jester in a game is reeking of skunk. Period.

Flag Post

[Ham]

You’re damn right there. For reference:

If you count a fake death as a death, sure, why not. It was also mentioned in the rules that dead players can’t post, period.

I guess all votes against Jask are invalid.

I wish they were.

And it may be that he didn’t want to reveal why he voted race. Or a simple bandwagon being disguised as an RNG. Or both.

Are you blind? Haven’t you read my reasoning for voting racefan?

Policy lynching only because a player acted like a jester in a game is reeking of skunk. Period.

And devourer is not suspicious for technically doing the same, I am seriously tired of playing mafias with these kind of people :I

Flag Post

Due to plurality, Jaskaran2000 has been impeached with 3 votes against him.

[Pending flavor because I am not in the mood.]

Night 3 has started, and will last for 48 hours. If you don’t want to execute your NA, you can always tell me.

List of dead
Time ~ Name ~ Role ~ Method of death (forgot this earlier)

Day 1: No one
Night 1: No one
Dawn 2: No one
Day 2: Jaskaran2000 ~ Politician ~ Lynched
Night 2: Bluji ~ Sicilian Mafioso ~ Shot
Night 2: racefan12 ~ Terrorist (?) ~ Shot
Day 3: Jaskaran2000 ~ President ~ Impeached

Flag Post

Deadline extended by 24 hours because not getting enough NAs.
Prodded everyone who didn’t use their NAs.

Flag Post

Night 3: Titled…

(subtitled…)

“So basically, that’s what you do.” said Arrow in a matter-of-fact voice.

“Sit in a corner of the field and pick up any wayward balls that somehow roll all the way here?” asked Roll, incredulously, gazing across the massive green field, and then sighed. It was a better job than he had had in the past.

Better than looking through the garbage dump look for edibles.
Better than begging in a corner of the street by pretending to be a statue.
Better than being a hobo’s apprentice.
Better than trying to be a bouncer at a bar and realizing that you are half everyone else’ height.
Better than stealing stuff from people’s houses and running away before their dogs tore a sizable piece out of his pants.
Better than trying to earn a living as a traveling mafia mod.

Arrow stared at him expectantly.

“I’m in, I guess.” he said, uncertainly.

Night 3 is over. BCLEGENDS died. As he has died, he can no longer post in the thread, and can only put in one more bah post that shouldn’t contain any game-related information. For his role, check the list at the bottom.

NAs have been resolved, and you should have received the result of your NA by now, if you executed it.

List of Dead

Time ~ Name ~ Role ~ Method of death

Day 1: No one
Night 1: No one
Dawn 2: No one
Day 2: Jaskaran2000 ~ Politician ~ Lynched
Night 2: Bluji ~ Sicilian Mafioso ~ Shot
Night 2: racefan12 ~ Terrorist (?) ~ Shot
Day 3: Jaskaran2000 ~ President ~ Impeached
Night 3: BCLEGENDS ~ Aster Isk ~ Suicided

Dawn 4?

Apparently, there isn’t a box in the middle of the square. That probably means that there isn’t going to be a dawn either.

Day 4

(A rather bland day)

Day 4 has started! Lynching mechanics have reverted to the previous form. Soft DL is 96 hours from now. Nag DLs follow.
With 11 alive, it takes 6 for a lynch.

Flag Post

Holy Piko Piko!
Well, I’m completed Piko Piko fucked Piko Piko now.
Not sure how to handle my Piko Piko role now.
I’ll be inventing a code soon, just for Piko Piko sake.
Piko Piko

Flag Post

EBWOP:
I’ll explain Piko Piko and the Piko Piko vote later.

[Vote Bluji]