[Mafia] Worst... Role... Ever. [Day 4] page 3 (locked)

252 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Think of me as suspicious, I don’t care.

But I’m not answering your questions that are absolutely meaningless. I have my meta-game, you have yours. But I’m not revealing mine 5 posts into a Day 1 just because you ask me to.

Try actually scumhunting, instead of asking questions and waiting for someone who doesn’t answer them in the same way you would. A disagreement in Mafia meta-game strategy is not a sign of scumminess.

Amen to that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

1. If you had a Power Role, either as mafia, or as town, would you be willing to rush Day to use it? Please answer as both, mafia and town. Give reasons for your answer.
2. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?
3. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial? Give reasons for your answer.
4. Do you believe there to be 3rd party roles? If so, why, and which? If not, why not?
5. Do you believe there to be any jesters in this game? Give reasons for your answers.
6. Is there anything special you think about my RNG vote? If so, why?

That was so fast that I’m waiting until D2 to answer them.

Flag Post

1] I wouldnot rush the day phase. As always. anyways, it is not possible to rush this game’s day, as it has a deadline lynch mechanic.
2] I don’t need to answer this. The answer is obvious.
3] Obviously, as i have stated in this RQS many times before.
4] There will obviously be 3rd party roles. This is role madness. When was the last RM that didn’t have 3rd party? And I won’t answer which, because I don’t know any.
5] This will be answered in a line of facts, followed by an inference.
Fact one}Jesters are evil.
Fact two}AN has played in games where this idea has been expressed
Fact three}AN knows jesters are evil
INFERENCE]}] AN put no jesters in.
6]RNG votesactually give me information on you. Nothing conclusive, but corroborative.

Flag Post

EBWODP

I’ll be honest—I’ll actually be (slightly) more suspicious of people who actually answer Jask’s questions than those who don’t.

ORLY?
I will now be more suspicious of you and those who do NOT answer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

EBWODP

I’ll be honest—I’ll actually be (slightly) more suspicious of people who actually answer Jask’s questions than those who don’t.

ORLY?
I will now be more suspicious of you and those who do NOT answer.

Why so?

Flag Post

Probably to spite racefan12.
Betcha anything myhome’s getting vigged N1 so we don’t lynch a jester.

Flag Post

[Blu]

Worst… Answers… Ever.

[Race]

Try actually scumhunting

your questions that are absolutely meaningless

How exactly would you scumhunt without any form of discussion first? The questions are there to start up discussion, so we may get more chances to scumhunt. I don’t see where you got the idea that my questions are absolutely meaningless, thus, I will call you “Fantasy man” from now on.

instead of asking questions and waiting for someone who doesn’t answer them in the same way you would. A disagreement in Mafia meta-game strategy is not a sign of scumminess.

Don’t put up randomly thought up false facts against me. I never said a disagreement is a sign of scumminess, disagreements are only common in mafias due to different viewpoint. You’re practically putting words in my mouth. I am looking for people’s different take of things, not waiting for someone who doesn’t answer them in the same way I would. Seriously, fantasy man.

[Ham]

I HATE RNG WITH ALL OF MY PASSION

Even though off-topic, but why?

If it’s a must-do to win, then yes. Otherwise, no.

What part of “Give reasons for your answer” did you not understand?

[Fantasy man]

And this is because…?

[Bandit]

That was so fast that I’m waiting until D2 to answer them.

I know, I did say that it might be a little bit too early. Just please answer them in D2 without forgetting. It was just something to start discussion, because the joke phase is far too confusing and we wouldn’t know who’s lying and all that.

[Jask]

If you had a Power Role, either as mafia, or as town, would you be willing to rush Day to use it? Please answer as both, mafia and town. Give reasons for your answer.

No and no. As a townie, day would be too important to find scumtells and such to be rushed, and possibly find targets at night to use my power role on. As a mafia member, day would be important to see who the town finds suspicious, protect yourself from all possible suspicions, and save the person who is the most suspicious until the end.

How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

As dedicated as I am to any other normal mafia. I would be willing to put in time for activity, but computer problems may arise at any time, so I am not sure that I would be able to be active in this mafia, but I will try, until I die.

Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial? Give reasons for your answer.

Yes, I would be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade if I were mafia and it seemed beneficial. Quite frankly, even though a few people might think I am bussing, but the majority will think that I am doing the right thing and deem me as less suspicious.

Do you believe there to be 3rd party roles? If so, why, and which? If not, why not?

Yes, I believe that. Every RM these days has 3rd party roles, except a couple which might be exceptions, I really doubt AN’s mafia to not have 3rd party roles. Survivor and Serial Killer MIGHT be there, but I would not know any, nor would I guess any more.

Do you believe there to be any jesters in this game? Give reasons for your answers.

Not really, jester roles are too bastard. However, since AN did say that some bastard roles might be included, I am not exactly sure.

Is there anything special you think about my RNG vote? If so, why?

My answer would be too biased, but nah.

Flag Post

There’s no way of knowing whether people are answering questions truthfully, and even if they are, it only creates a WIFOM situation (someone who admits in-thread that they would bus might not bus because they said they would in-thread, but then again, they’d realize this fact and decide to bus—ad nauseum). Therefore, the questions are pointless.

Vote: Jaskaran2000. Yes, this is a semi-policy vote.

And now we have an actual discussion point—whether or not Jask’s questions are pointless.

Flag Post

[Vote: Racefan]

Give something more than “semi-policy vote” as a reason.

Flag Post

You’re attempting to stifle discussion with your pointless questioning.

Flag Post

Suggestion: Let someone else start the RQS.

Flag Post

1. If you had a Power Role, either as mafia, or as town, would you be willing to rush Day to use it? Please answer as both, mafia and town. Give reasons for your answer.

The answer is OVAR 9000

2. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

no

3. Would you be willing to start a bandwagon on a mafia comrade (aka bussing) if it seemed beneficial? Give reasons for your answer.

Yes.

4. Do you believe there to be 3rd party roles? If so, why, and which? If not, why not?

It’s a damn role madness. There are obviously gonna be 3rd party rolez.

5. Do you believe there to be any jesters in this game? Give reasons for your answers.

It’s a damn role madness. There are obviously gonna be Jestarz.

6. Is there anything special you think about my RNG vote? If so, why?

I hate you, thus I hate your RNG Vote. Which is why Vote Jaskaran

Flag Post

Why so?

The only reason not to answer the questions is so that you don’t give anything away.

Try actually scumhunting, instead of asking questions and waiting for someone who doesn’t answer them in the same way you would. A disagreement in Mafia meta-game strategy is not a sign of scumminess.

@the normal text: The RQS is scumhunting, even if you don’t consider it so. Jasks scumhunting ability could be limited to RQS’s, while yours could be flat out discussion and debate. There are different styles of doing the same thing.
@the bold text: Actually, a disagreement in meta COULD be scumminess.In a kind of logical probability equation, it COULD wiegh more or less to the side of scumminess or townieness.

I have my meta-game, you have yours. But I’m not revealing mine 5 posts into a Day 1 just because you ask me to.

How does answering the questions show your metagame? You could just answer in a completely convoluted way that says nothing about what the questions asked.

Therefore, the questions are pointless

You don’t understand how the mind works then. While i am sure that some members of the mafia-players can and will double/triple fake, most people can’t even pill off a good fake without giving themselves away at least a bit. AND to some people, the thought of lying doesn’t even occur to them, so they write totally correct answers, and with these people, it is kinda easy to tell them apart. Therefore, the questions do have merit.

AND you still need more of a reason to vote.

So, on your crap reason and your refusal to answer the questions, i Vote Racefan.

Flag Post

Voting D1, even on a bad reason or refusal to ask useless RQS are not scumtells, mind you.

Flag Post

While i am sure that some members of the mafia-players can and will double/triple fake, most people can’t even pill off a good fake without giving themselves away at least a bit. AND to some people, the thought of lying doesn’t even occur to them, so they write totally correct answers, and with these people, it is kinda easy to tell them apart. Therefore, the questions do have merit.

If you can’t fake and lie, you have no business playing a mafia.

You could just answer in a completely convoluted way that says nothing about what the questions asked.

Which is precisely why the questions are pointless.

Flag Post
Originally posted by djrockstar:

It’s a damn role madness. There are obviously gonna be Jestarz.

Not necessarily.
Originally posted by djrockstar:

The answer is OVAR 9000

-Vote: djrockstar-
oh wait jester

Argh, two possible jesters, WAIT MIMES
…double argh, really hoping we have a vig

Flag Post

How’d my fake vote not get strikethrough’d?

Flag Post

If you can’t fake and lie, you have no business playing a mafia.

While this is my opinion also, there are certainly going to be some who are this way who DO play mafias.

Originally posted by racefan12:

You could just answer in a completely convoluted way that says nothing about what the questions asked.

Which is precisely why the questions are pointless.

You ignored the rest of the point.
This is the rest of the point:

most people can’t even pull off a good fake without giving themselves away at least a bit

If you answered the questions in a convoluted way, chances are i would pick up on that, and would therefore have more information. Therefore; the questions are, while not perfect, something good to answer.

Flag Post

If you answered the questions in a convoluted way, chances are i would pick up on that, and would therefore have more information. Therefore; the questions are, while not perfect, something good to answer.

Misinformation is worse than no information at all—unless you’re mafia, in which case, misinformation is exactly what you want to spread. The fact that I am not willing to spread misinformation should lead you to conclude that I am less likely to be mafia. Consequently, the people who are answering the questions (and who, according to your logic, are likely answering them in a convoluted way), are spreading misinformation, and thus should reasonably be more likely to be mafia.

And most suspicious, again, would be Jask, who is the one facilitating the spread of misinformation.

Flag Post

So basically, you think the questions are casks of wine.

Flag Post

This will probably seem a little scummy, and probably a bit noobish for role claiming for no particular reason,

BUT I’M COP.

nervous grin

Flag Post

Vote: Jaskaran2000

Flag Post

Vote: MaistlinRajere

Not stating reason, seems like a scummy move.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

This will probably seem a little scummy

seems like a scummy move.

…Are you trying to seem scummy?

Flag Post

Vote: MaistlinRajere

Not stating reason, seems like a scummy move.

EBWOP

Not that I didn’t state a reason, HE didn’t state a reason.