[5%] The Grand Pun <Rikishi Ring> (>>|<<)

376 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the punniest installation of my imagination: The Grand Pun.

Flag Post

The Punster’s Quick-Click Guide

The warriors of FGF, from the puniest paronomasias to the wizards whose pungent wordplay earn punchy renown, gather here today.
They are here for pun reason — to declare themselves the best.
Can you rise the ranks, transcending all others, and become Number Pun — the PunKing?

I’ll be punctual.
Links below are organized in the order that you should view them.
I highly suggest you discover determine how to play, examine the current rankings of players, and participate in the next available event — if it suits you.
If not, take a look at the Challenge or send me some Feedback.

1) Gameplay
What do I do?

2) Rules
What can I do?

3) High Scores
Who is the best?

4) Banned Users
Who got kicked out?

5) Rikishi Ring ~ Uninitiated (+ 4 Punee)
What are we doing right now?

6) Sumo Smash >>|<< ~ COMING SOON: King of the Hills /\/\/\, Pun Power (-100+),
Is there anything else I can do?

7) Feedback
Leave me messages, comments, suggestions, complaints, and/or concerns.

Flag Post

~ Gameplay ~

To Win: Complete the Objective at 100%

Player Objective: Become the PunKing.

PunKing: The Player with the most Punee — more than anyone else.

Punee: Rewards given for events and challenges.

Return to Quick-Click

Events

Events are the primary method of obtaining Punee; they encompass the whole thread and define gameplay for its run-time.
Events involve all signed players — if you want to join, you will be placed on a waiting list to fill vacancies, but will be immediately included in the following event.
Events can be created at a whim, so if you see a new type of event that is not included on this list, don’t worry.
Furthermore, an event may not exactly align with the provided definition; the definitions are general — events can vary.

Types of Events

Note that the rules of each event will determine how the winner is selected (sometimes player-based), duration of event, etc.

Battle Event: A Tournament-Style Pun Competition.
Players are assigned opponents, themes, and rules; then they compete to win.
Linearly-increasing Punee are rewarded for each successive win (+(x) for first win, +(x + 1) for second, etc).
Unsigned players are added to a wait-list. There is no guarantee of entry until the next event.

Submission Event: A Submission-Style Pun Competition.
Players are assigned a theme and rules; then they submit a pun to me.
Punee are rewarded in this manner: (+(x) for 1st, +(x-1) for 2nd, etc).

Puzzle Event: A Puzzle-Style Pun Competition.
Players are provided a esoteric pun; they must discover the hidden wordplay.
Answers are submitted via PM.
Punee are rewarded based on solution only: (+x).

More To Come.

Return to Quick-Click

Challenges

Challenges are the secondary method of obtaining Punee; they may exist within or between events, and do not necessarily end at any point.
Challenges are optional — if you want to partake, feel free.
There is no wait-list; challenges can be joined/accomplished upon immediate entry into the game.
Challenges are similar to events since they are created at a whim and may vary.

Types of Challenges

Passive: These Challenges are unstated. They can be implied, suggested, or completely irrelevant.
They can be achieved only once by each player and expire within a given amount of time of discovery.
They reward a specific amount of Punee (+x).

Aggressive: These Challenges are stated.
They are officially declared — with rules, tasks, and content.
They can be achieved only once by each player and expire within a previously given amount of time.
They reward a specific amount of Punee (+x).

Advertisement: This is a permanent Challenge.
If you refer a player to the game (Level 20+, not an alternate account) who participates in one Event — you earn Punee (+ 5).
They must state their entry and your referral, then participate actively.
For each successive event and challenge the player participates in — you earn Punee (+1/2).

Irrelevant: This is an irrelevant Challenge.
Sometimes I have spontaneous ideas and wish to have guinea pigs.
This is what these challenges are.
You should expect nothing and prepare for everything.

Return to Quick-Click

The game will revolve around the Events, interspersed with Challenges whenever Thread Activity or Event Activity seems dull.

Each Phase of an Event and Aggressive Challenge will be 1% of the game.
The Grand Pun concludes at 100%.

Return to Quick-Click

Flag Post

PunKing ~ TheAznSensation
PunKing Powers: (+1 Power/King)

Loyalty to the Liege ~ Declare a loyalty check on all subjects. Any players within the game who fail to post a pun relevant to your theme within 48 Hours lose 1 Punee. (Recharge: 1 Week)

Colosseum ~ Select 4 Pundiators in Sets of 2 to initiate battle. The losing team will lose 2 Punee each. (Recharge: 2 Weeks)

[Locked] Dictator’s Vote ~ Vote for yourself in an Event or Challenge. (Recharge: Every Event/Challenge)

7 Punee

Minnakht (1st)
DragonArcherZ

6 Punee

thijs956

5 Punee

AdeebNafees
CowFriend
Mysterymason
funiax
Pulsaris
hamuka

4 Punee

MyNameIsNothing
helltank

3 Punee

TwistedCakez
Bluji

2 Punee

RokRokRok (x)
burrito
puzzledan
GottaAskTheMan

1 Punee

FelineForumer

0 Punee

JaumeBG (x)
T6salt
GotterakaThing
devourer359

Waiting List

Kidudeman (x)

Return to Quick-Click

Flag Post

Punished Punners

Here lies TheAznSensation

He didn’t have enough sense to be a player rather than a creator, so he can not participate. Feel free to make puns on his profile.

Rest in Pun

Return to Quick-Click

A Personalized Punishment for Every Expunction.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

i would sign but i am forbidden to make puns as they are a dolt humor and i would be punished if iwere to do so :(

(you should make another rebus game)

Flag Post

I am ready to pungle some puns! :D (Sign)

Flag Post

I’ll sign, but I don’t have much hope-I’m not very *pun*ny.

Flag Post

This is an open game (=

THIS IS OPTIONAL. YOU CAN JUST WAIT UNTIL THE CURRENT EVENT IS OVER AND CONTINUE PLAYING, PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE, OR NOT DO THIS. YOUR CHOICE.
Secret Mission: OPT
Rules
1) You do not talk about OPT.
2) You DO NOT talk about OPT.
3) If a moderator/administrator/user says stop, you stop OPT in that thread.

What is OPT? Operation Pun Takeover.

Around the Kongregate Forums are plenty of threads.
In each of these threads is opportunity, OPPORTUNITY I SAY, for puns.
Now, of course, you have to contribute to the thread and not spam, but we have to spread the love of puns. If someone says stop, you MUST stop in that thread.
You MUST bold your puns.
Save up links to all the threads you post puns in, and send it to me when I ask.
You can hijack another OPT Agent’s thread by posting a pun later on in the thread.
The top few players will get some Punee.
Good luck, OPT Agents.
And remember: Don’t talk about OPT.

TwistedCakez: 1

Flag Post

My dad is the king of puns so I hope it runs in the family.

Flag Post

A place where I could pun with impunity? I implore you, sir, let me in! Even if my performance turns out not to be very impressive, I’d still like to participate.
Maybe I’ll make you this offer – if you don’t let me in, I’m going to impale you so hard you’ll implode.

Flag Post

Sign!

Flag Post

Sign.

One question, are we allowed to use other words other than the theme to make puns?

Such as if the theme is fish – I am a shellfish pacifish on porpoise.

Flag Post

I am horrible with guns puns, but I will give this a shot anyway.

Sign!

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Sign!

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Sign!

Flag Post
Originally posted by GotterakaThing:
Originally posted by hamuka:

Sign!

I suppose you’re just signing for the halibut.

Flag Post

Sign.
Burrito is going to make burrito related puns
Prepare to meat your maker, as my cheesey puns are tortilla-ey awful, and there is nothing at steak, so I wont be chicken to experiment.
I’ve bean dying to make those puns :(

Flag Post

Totally expected the OP.

Sign

y u no continue making The Colosseum, that was great

Flag Post

Sign. I love puns

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Congratulations to those of you who completed the…
Punliminary Sign-Up Hidden Challenge!
If you expressed interest — while incorporating a pun, regardless of quality, into your post — within the first 24 hours, you have gained (2 Points).
The Challenge has expired.

The Punliminary Sign-Up Challenge is along the same lines. Express interest via pun until the first round initiates for (1 Point).
If you’ve already expressed interest, too bad.
Once only.

y u no continue making The Colosseum, that was great

I’m a busy busy man. Possibly next summer if I have the time. Or possibly earlier, if I could find a co-host with extensive gaming experience — so he/she could rapidly formulate additional quests. One of my major problems was just keeping up with how fast you people played the games.

(you should make another rebus game)

My first attempt was unsuccessful. Perhaps, after this game runs its course, I will put more effort into developing one. I recall it was difficult adjusting the difficulty levels of the rebuses accordingly for the game rounds. Maybe I can look to brainteasers for inspiration next time.
One question, are we allowed to use other words other than the theme to make puns?

They must be related to the theme; for example, ‘porpoise’ is close enough to ‘fish.’
I will generally make it broad; you could even use something like ‘sea’ within that context.
However, if abused or the relevance of words to the theme is minimal, it will definitely lower your chances of pushing your way to the top.

Flag Post

Let me introduce you to Mr. Pundit, the spunky know-how for this game. Listen to his words or be punted from the game, and placed on the list of Punished Punners:
(I don’t know why I chose Fairy Tail, but I googled images of pun, and was confronted with this familiar figure.)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!

HELLO HELLO! I AM YOUR ENTHUSIASTIC AND FANTASTIC GUIDE FOR STAYING OUT OF TROUBLE! NOW THE RULES ARE SIMPLE: FOLLOW THE RULES! WHAT RULES, YOU MAY ASK? WELL, RIGHT NOW, WE HAVE NO RULES. HOWEVER, THE RULES ARE FORMED BASED ON YOUR BEHAVIOR. THE LESS YOU MISBEHAVE, THE LESS RESTRICTIONS ARE PLACED ON YOU! SO BE GOOD, KIDS!

From time to time, Mr. Pundit will check in on the players to ensure that all goes well. He might establish laws for all players to adhere to; he might sentence a player to death by Pun. Right now, you’re seeing his cheerful side; you don’t want to see his scary side. So be good.

Return to Quick-Click