Relationships Mafia (End Game) page 7 (locked)

214 posts

Flag Post

[AN]

You aren’t the only one who forgot about the non-existence of nights.

Still, I shouldn’t have been one to forget such a simple fact.

I see.

Wut.
When.
Why.
How.
Where.

So what do you think is his role, if he is not a Vanilla Townie?

Since this is a closed setup, I won’t be taking any chances at guessing, the only thing my personal analysis says is that he is a townie, neither a vanilla nor a cop, though.

Huh? What do you mean by ‘me going Chosen mafia on you’? The correct terminology is, unless I am mistake, YOU going Chosen mafia on me, since you were scum in that :p

Well, I survived for 3 in-game days in that mafia, being scum myself, and it’s only rare that I get to survive until day 3 without being lynched/NK’d/DK’d due to my usual aggressive (or so I’d like to think) and sorta scummish type of behavior, having survived this long could be used as a point against me as to vote for me, which I don’t want happening. And I could see you doing it, because you’re trying to see what things I did in chosen mafia which I am doing right now (or so I’d think) so that you can see if something scummy can be found from me. So yeah, I’d normally think that you would go chosen mafia on me.

It is difficult to reach a conclusion with AN

Even though you mention it as difficult, you still do not attempt to reach a conclusion, which I find unlikely from you, thus, [FoS: Adeeb]

Flag Post

(Jask)

Well, I survived for 3 in-game days in that mafia, being scum myself, and it’s only rare that I get to survive until day 3 without being lynched/NK’d/DK’d due to my usual aggressive (or so I’d like to think) and sorta scummish type of behavior, having survived this long could be used as a point against me as to vote for me, which I don’t want happening. And I could see you doing it, because you’re trying to see what things I did in chosen mafia which I am doing right now (or so I’d think) so that you can see if something scummy can be found from me. So yeah, I’d normally think that you would go chosen mafia on me.

Overly defensive much? :p

Even though you mention it as difficult, you still do not attempt to reach a conclusion, which I find unlikely from you, thus, [FoS: Adeeb]

My biased conclusion would likely ring a “putting words in my mind” bell, since that’s what scum like to do. By reinterpreting their actions in a new light, it is entirely possible for a scummie to change how the public consider him, and as a townie, I don’t find it necessary to highlight, unnecessarily, which parts of my actions were intensely scummy. I did mention my passive-aggressive reactions so that others, who can analyze me from a different, and more neutral, PoV should get some extra food for thought.

Scum would likely reach a conclusion after saying that it’s really hard, possibly with a phrasing akin to “It is difficult to reach a conclusion with AN, though nearly all of his behaviors can be excused in some way or the other. His passive-aggressive behavior, while likely to be a scumtell, is neutralized by his interrogative attitude towards all players, which is a towntell”, or something similar, though I am not in the mood of trying to enter a scummy mindset right now and analyzing exactly what I’d say, since that’d be like placing extra casks of wine in front of every player.

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

SilverEvil (4): Woon1957, AdeebNafees, Jaskaran2000, AdeebNafees
Not Voting (5): MyNameisNothing, SilverEvil, TwistedCakez, Zzzip50, myhome16

There are about 7 hours before the deadline. Currently, SilverEvil will be lynched if the deadline is reached.

Other Info

• The following players still need to post before D6:
    MyNameisNothing
    TwistedCakez
    Zzzip50

Flag Post

inb4lynch (unless dev. ninjas me)

[AN]

Overly defensive much? :p

I have to do it, people vote me for retarded reasons :I

Flag Post

Day 5

Day 5 has started.

Flavorful flavor.

SilverEvil has been lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie.

You have 48 hours to decide a lynch before the standard deadline. With 8 people, 5 people voting are needed for a lynch.

The following players still need to post before D6:
MyNameisNothing
TwistedCakez
Zzzip50

Flag Post

8 people remain.
There have been no mafia deaths yet.
The mafia control at least 2 votes, I’d think 3 because of the number of players.
I think we’re in the worst possible situation… unless… there is no mafia (which I find to be unlikely, if not impossible).

Flag Post

Devourer wouldn’t make a no mafiamaifa!
So, yes, the mafia control 1/4 of the votes, BCS.
believe me, there is still enough time to get them.

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

Not Voting (8): MyNameisNothing, CowFriend, TwistedCakez, Zzzip50, myhome16, Woon1957, AdeebNafees, Jaskaran2000

With 8 people, 4 people voting are needed for a lynch. There are about 31 hours left before the standard deadline. If 4 people are not voting by this deadline, the extended deadline will come into existence.

Other Info

MyNameisNothing
    TwistedCakez
    Zzzip50

Flag Post

Flag Post

Hmm.

I’d like to [FoS: MNIN] for disappearing after the first day, if memory serves myself correctly, and I’ve seen him after that, just not participating in this mafia. Possibly lurking, even though I’d like to think inactive, FoSing for the sake of the little possibility I think there is.

Next, I’d like to ask Zip what his previous post was intended to be, since I am sure that line over there wasn’t intended and it was supposed to be some mafia-related discussion, or so I’d like to think. Even if not, please share your thoughts with us, Zip.

Thirdly, [FoS: Twisted] because he is clearly lurking, he has been active on FGF, but has not posted in this mafia. I would like some opinions about him on the whole matter, and who he thinks is the most suspicious yet.

Fourthly, [FoS: Woon] for lurking, ah, who am I kidding, [Vote: Woon], I don’t want someone to not contribute a bit to the discussion at all while being active, while playing in a jester-like mafia. This is plain annoying and does not help town in any way.

Lastly, AdeebNafees and Cowfriend, you have not been voted or FoSed by me throughout the whole game. Just because I haven’t done it yet, doesn’t mean that I think of you as less suspicious, it simply means that I think of these other people as more suspicious. You two playing too-too perfectly without getting a single bit of scumminess from you does seem weird, as playing too perfectly might be a scumtell, not enough to get a FoS (or a vote) from me yet, though.

Flag Post

Rest assured you probably won’t have to deal with me again, I don’t think I’ll be playing many games for a while.

I would think it would be bad to quit now, as so many people have already done so, and Jask and AN seem to be the only ones actually playing…

she wasn’t on the helltank wagon.

I missed it.

Wooneh for being likely scumbuddies with SE

Obviously not.

Bleh. I don’t know what to do now. I am town, though I probably wouldn’t mind if you lynched me right now

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

Woon1957 (1): Jaskaran2000
Not Voting (7): MyNameisNothing, CowFriend, TwistedCakez, Zzzip50, myhome16, Woon1957, AdeebNafees

With 8 people, 4 people voting are needed for a lynch. There are about 14 hours left before the standard deadline. If 4 people are not voting by this deadline, the extended deadline will come into existence.

Other Info

MyNameisNothing
    TwistedCakez

Flag Post

Laright, Jask.
Why did you vote wooneh over MNIN and twisted, when all of the same reasons apply?

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

Laright, Jask.
Why did you vote wooneh over MNIN and twisted, when all of the same reasons apply?

Because she is acting like a jester, or having a jester-like playstyle, while MNIN and twisted are not. Anyway, apparently my last post didn’t get posted.

[Woon]

I missed it.

So, you are implying you would jump on a bandwagon? Even if so, would you have provided reasons for it instead of jumping on it like a mafia player? And if so, what would be the reasons that you would’ve provided? Plus, apparently you only came out when you were voted for, thus making me think you were actually lurking instead of missing this thread, which does make me suspicious of you.

as so many people have already done so, and Jask and AN seem to be the only ones actually playing…

Why do you think that myhome and zip aren’t playing? They also have had arguments, and are discussing to help town (?) too. Why do you only seem to be thinking onjly AN and I are playing? Because of the majority of the posts on the page are by us, or some other reason? If other reason, what is it?

Bleh. I don’t know what to do now.

Give your opinions on the whole mafia since start to end, post who you think is town and who is not, answer the questions I’ve proposed. There’s a lot to do, how come you don’t know what to do when these things should be obvious?

Flag Post

(myhome)

believe me, there is still enough time to get them.

Who do you think is the mafia? Conversely, who do you think is likelier to be town?

Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Don’t you have anything to say?

(Jask)

bq, Possibly lurking, even though I’d like to think inactive, FoSing for the sake of the little possibility I think there is.

What do you mean by “inactive”? What’s the difference between being inactive and lurking? Why do you call it a little possibility, when MNIM could be using his lurking strategy to confuse town, and he DID vote on the first day against helltank?

Plus, FoSing nearly all the players in the game seems funny to me, though I agree with your logic in each case, except maybe Wooneh’s. It’s rather a null tell with Wooneh.

You two playing too-too perfectly without getting a single bit of scumminess from you does seem weird, as playing too perfectly might be a scumtell, not enough to get a FoS (or a vote) from me yet, though.

So town that must be scum? So scummy that must be town? Those two are logical fallacies.

(Woon)

Rest assured you probably won’t have to deal with me again, I don’t think I’ll be playing many games for a while.

Honestly.

How’s that even a response to suspicion?

I missed it.

…? That means you’d have wagoned on helltank?

Obviously not.

Why didn’t you say this when we were voting SE? You seemed to find SE suspicious as well, with your vote on him. Explain your vote on SE yesterday.

(Jask)

Because she is acting like a jester, or having a jester-like playstyle, while MNIN and twisted are not

Interesting. I probably wouldn’t find this interesting if I hadn’t read through Aurum (a werewolf) yesterday. At one point in the game, JaumeBG mentioned something about how gambits don’t work in FGF, and that’s the point that, IMO, is applicable here.

You see, you are implying that Wooneh’s jester-like playstyle conceals her scum alignment (you voted her, so you must think that she is likely scum). AKA Triple B Gambit. How many times have we seen the Triple B Gambit succeed on FGF? Hell, most Jesters nowadays pretend to be executing the Triple B Gambit just so that they can get lynched more easily, since a Jester-like behavior is so closely associated with scum. However, in this scenario, I don’t really think that Wooneh is acting like a complete Jester, especially in her last post.

Barring the possibility of a jester (coming from devourer, that’d be blatant hypocrisy), I am beginning to wonder whether Wooneh is playing just as she usually does: like a VI lurker. MNIM and Twisty have played almost similarly, so it IS interesting that you should pick Wooneh over them, when you seem so concerned about the lynch possibly being town’s last lynch, and the lynch against her, as I have mentioned, is entirely a policy lynch (her lurking has devolved to a null tell).

Even more so now that SE has flipped town. FoS Jask because it is strange that he should pick Wooneh to vote for over MNIM and Twisty, and I am not satisfied by his explanation. I am not really suspicious enough to vote him yet, but having gone through Chosen as well, my guts say that there’s a pattern in his speech.

Plus, apparently you only came out when you were voted for, thus making me think you were actually lurking instead of missing this thread, which does make me suspicious of you.

Wooneh has a history of chronic lurking. Wonder whether she’d be so apathetic about a lynch against her at LyLo if she were scum.

Why do you think that myhome and zip aren’t playing?

Relevance?

With that, I will Vote: MNIM due to his consistent lurking, which does not conform, unless I am mistaken, with his normal meta, as well as the fact that he voted on the first wagon in the game without citing any sensible reason. I want you to get in here and explain yourself, MNIM.

Flag Post

[Adeeb]

What do you mean by “inactive”?

Please tell me you’re not serious.

Read below for real answer in the difference.

What’s the difference between being inactive and lurking?

Read above. If you still want me to the answer these questions, meh, fine, just say so.

Actually, no.

The difference between inactive and lurking is that inactive means not coming on FGF as a whole, not reading the thread, and not trying to post or perform any actions related to the game. Lurking means to have viewed the thread, read it, but not posting on the thread, but might be performing actions if any.

when MNIM could be using his lurking strategy to confuse town

This is so because as far as I know MNIN, he would’ve been in a state of emergency after seeing that he needs to post, and would’ve posted by now if he were to be lurking, thus the little possibility. Still the possibility because he might do it just to be against this logic.

So town that must be scum? So scummy that must be town? Those two are logical fallacies.

No, but as far as I’ve played mafias, town tend to make at least one scummy-type of mistake, while you’ve been playing near perfectly.

(you voted her, so you must think that she is likely scum)

No it’s just her annoying playstyle

I don’t really think that Wooneh is acting like a complete Jester, especially in her last post.

Which hardly contained any information in it. Why do you think so?

not satisfied by his explanation.

Why not?

my guts say that there’s a pattern in his speech.

When you’re mentioning that there’s a pattern in my speech, would you perhaps be so kind as to explain what this pattern is?

through Chosen

Stop bringing up chosen in every mafia you and I play, it’s annoying

because it is strange that he should pick Wooneh to vote for over MNIM

Why is it strange when I have given an explanation to myhome for it, why do you still find it strange?

Flag Post

(Jask)

The difference between inactive and lurking is that inactive means not coming on FGF as a whole, not reading the thread, and not trying to post or perform any actions related to the game.

Hardly inactive

This is so because as far as I know MNIN, he would’ve been in a state of emergency after seeing that he needs to post, and would’ve posted by now if he were to be lurking, thus the little possibility.

I see. That’s a point, but I assume that he will pay us a visit just before the lynch so that we don’t get enough time to get any reads off him.

No, but as far as I’ve played mafias, town tend to make at least one scummy-type of mistake, while you’ve been playing near perfectly.

I’m flattered, but not to the extent of where I withdraw my FoS from you.

Which hardly contained any information in it. Why do you think so?

Desperate townie tell.

Why not?

Because:

(Jask’s explanation for his vote against Wooneh over MNIM and Twisty)

Because she is acting like a jester, or having a jester-like playstyle, while MNIN and twisted are not.

(My explanation why I find it unsatisfactory)

You see, you are implying that Wooneh’s jester-like playstyle conceals her scum alignment (you voted her, so you must think that she is likely scum). AKA Triple B Gambit. How many times have we seen the Triple B Gambit succeed on FGF? Hell, most Jesters nowadays pretend to be executing the Triple B Gambit just so that they can get lynched more easily, since a Jester-like behavior is so closely associated with scum. However, in this scenario, I don’t really think that Wooneh is acting like a complete Jester, especially in her last post.

Barring the possibility of a jester (coming from devourer, that’d be blatant hypocrisy), I am beginning to wonder whether Wooneh is playing just as she usually does: like a VI lurker. MNIM and Twisty have played almost similarly, so it IS interesting that you should pick Wooneh over them, when you seem so concerned about the lynch possibly being town’s last lynch, and the lynch against her, as I have mentioned, is entirely a policy lynch (her lurking has devolved to a null tell).

Even more so now that SE has flipped town.

When you’re mentioning that there’s a pattern in my speech, would you perhaps be so kind as to explain what this pattern is?

If I knew what it was exactly, I would have pointed it out, along with a vote on you.

Stop bringing up chosen in every mafia you and I play, it’s annoying

It is the only mafia where you have won as scum, and got my lynched D1. I have the right to be careful.

Why is it strange when I have given an explanation to myhome for it, why do you still find it strange?

Above.

Flag Post

I have no good tells and forgive me for sounding paranoid and retarded, but I honestly believe you 3, AN, Jask, and myhome to be Fos bussing each other and faking a conversation with each other. Following the AN/Jask duo influence, we have lynched all Vanilla Townies. I have no idea how we could have this bad luck unless you guys really know who is a Townie. I’m just going to choose a random one out of you all.

Vote: Jask

I’m going to die sooner o later anyways :/

Flag Post

(Zzzip)

I have no good tells and forgive me for sounding paranoid and retarded

Only scum should have reason to be paranoid :/

Beginning to trust you lesser and lesser with each post you make. If we are to believe you, you must know someone here who is less suspicious to you than others. Can’t believe you can’t get any tells whatsoever,

but I honestly believe you 3, AN, Jask, and myhome to be Fos bussing each other and faking a conversation with each other.

That’s really stupid. Why do you think that we are connected? Why do we need to bus when we control nearly all the active votes in this thread?

Following the AN/Jask duo influence, we have lynched all Vanilla Townies.

With more than half of the game population being Vanilla Townies, it is not very surprising. However, I beg to differ.

We lynched helltank on sensible grounds. Grounds, in case you didn’t notice, laid down by your predecessor ocelot, who, I believe, is a Vanilla Townie, right? That lynch maybe attributed to helltank’s scummy behavior.

We did not lynch Bluji, FF and the rest who actually quit the game. You can’t blame us for that.

We did lynch SE, who was not actually co-operating, and seemed scummy. Did you feel that he wasn’t scummy? If you did, why didn’t you let yourself be heard?

I have no idea how we could have this bad luck unless you guys really know who is a Townie.

I call bull on your logic. ‘we’, which I assume refers to town, didn’t have any bad luck, but suffered (and even now, suffers) from extremely bad, uncommitting play. Look at Bluji. Look at FF. Look at Wooneh now.

I’m just going to choose a random one out of you all.

So you don’t care who you lynch? Why the “random”, then?

Explain this vote.

Why do you think so?

Honestly, if you aren’t going to give a rat’s ass to who you lynch, why the hell did you sign up for the damn game?

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

Woon1957 (1): Jaskaran2000
MyNameisNothing (1): AdeebNafees
Jaskaran2000 (1): Zzzip50
Not Voting (5): CowFriend, TwistedCakez, Zzzip50, myhome16, Woon1957

The extended deadline has started with 24 hours. Currently, Woon1957 will be lynched if the deadline is reached.

Other Info

MyNameisNothing
    TwistedCakez

Flag Post

Right now, I am beginning to think that Jask is right about MNIM likely not being scum, as he hasn’t appeared even when the deadline is nearly reached. Therefore, I will shift my vote.

Vote: Jaskaran2000 until he provides a sensible explanation for voting Wooneh over the other two nominees, when the lynch is an explicit policy lynch. The way you have ignored this thread makes me think that you are lying low in the hopes of getting through with lynching Wooneh when town is possibly at LyLo.

Flag Post

EBWOP: Forgot protocol.

Unvote: MNIM, Vote: Jaskaran2000

Flag Post

And yeah, with killing me, town is probably doomed.

[Zip]

I’m just going to choose a random one out of you all.

For a moment, let us believe your theory is correct. However, even if so, don’t you find anyone of us more suspicious than the others? Why would you choose to randomly vote with such a theory? I don’t see why. [FoS: Zip] for this same reason.

Why do you think so?

[AN]

How many times have we seen the Triple B Gambit succeed on FGF? Hell, most Jesters nowadays pretend to be executing the Triple B Gambit just so that they can get lynched more easily, since a Jester-like behavior is so closely associated with scum.

However, Woon could be using this exact psychology against us, still, the train of reverse psychology never ends, I am simply stopping at the point where I believe that she is doing it as a reverse psychology thing. Even if it hasn’t succeeded that much before, it is not necessary it will never succeed in any mafia on FGF.

However, in this scenario, I don’t really think that Wooneh is acting like a complete Jester, especially in her last post.

So you still think she is acting like a partial jester? If so, why?

so it IS interesting that you should pick Wooneh over them, when you seem so concerned about the lynch possibly being town’s last lynch,

The others have still been providing a bit more productive posts than Woon that town can start a bit of a discussion on, if any. Thus, I’ve voted Woon.

Even more so now that SE has flipped town.

Why? What does SE flipping town prove?

If I knew what it was exactly, I would have pointed it out

I am more curious as to why you think there is a pattern in my speech.

The way you have ignored this thread makes me think that you are lying low in the hopes of getting through with lynching Wooneh when town is possibly at LyLo.

I am more like, having less hopes that town will actually win this due to the possible LyLo. As to you voting me simply for the sake of not providing an explanation seems more like a reason for a FoS rather than a vote, I don’t see why you would waste such a precious vote on such a simple reason, when I believe you’d know that I’d give a proper explanation eventually.

Flag Post

(Jask)

However, Woon could be using this exact psychology against us, still, the train of reverse psychology never ends, I am simply stopping at the point where I believe that she is doing it as a reverse psychology thing. Even if it hasn’t succeeded that much before, it is not necessary it will never succeed in any mafia on FGF.

I doubt Wooneh trying to pull that off on us. And as for what you say about it succeeding someday or the other, I wonder whether scum would pull off something like that on the probably last day of the game, when they just need to defend themselves with any argument whatsoever to get the last lynch through.

So you still think she is acting like a partial jester? If so, why?

I meant that if she was executing a triple B gambit, she would try to act more like a Jester, as behaving partly like a Jester will likely get her lynched.

She has made an appearance in the thread, and posted, while she could have just stayed away from the thread. For the very same reason that made you decide not to vote MNIM (no activity despite being close to getting MKd), she could have tried to remain out of sight, and hopefully get us to lynch each other, which she didn’t do.

That makes me think that she actually is town. Town who doesn’t want to cooperate, but town nonetheless.

The others have still been providing a bit more productive posts than Woon that town can start a bit of a discussion on, if any.

MNIM has posted thrice, which is the same number of posts as Woon. Of course, at least 1 of his posts have been informative, but he also leaped on the helltank wagon which, IMO, neutralizes the towntell from his informative posting.

As for Twisty, he has made only 1 post in the game, or 1 useful one anyway. That doesn’t clear him in my eyes since he never gave us anything productive to work with. He merely mentioned why he found ocelot suspicious and then disappeared from view, as if hoping that we’d do the dirty work for him.

Still don’t see why they are less suspicious.

What does SE flipping town prove?

That they weren’t bussing each other, as it seemed in the beginning.

I am more curious as to why you think there is a pattern in my speech.

As I have mentioned before, I read through Chosen Mafia, and then read through your posts in this thread. My subconscious mind thinks there is a pattern, but I can’t be bothered to hunt it down, especially since it is not conclusive evidence of any sort.

As to you voting me simply for the sake of not providing an explanation seems more like a reason for a FoS rather than a vote, I don’t see why you would waste such a precious vote on such a simple reason, when I believe you’d know that I’d give a proper explanation eventually.

With 8 hours on the clock, I needed to be hasty for town’s sake.

With this likely being the last lynch, scum has every reason to want to get enough votes to lynch a townie and then lie low. FoSes won’t draw them out since they know very well that the FoS can’t lynch them. You got voted by Zzzip before this, but you didn’t react, which made me sus that you were trying to do the exact same thing I’d expect scum to do. A townie would react instantly and defend themselves from the vote.

I used this vote, to an extent, to test your reaction. If you had voted me right back, I would know that I was definitely on the right track, but even now, I haven’t got unsatisfactory results. I managed to get you to post within 20 minutes of that vote, which shows that you were lurking. I’ve got you to respond to Zzzip as well, showing that you did see that post earlier, but didn’t respond earlier. You’ve got quite a lot of things to explain.

My vote stands.

Flag Post

Well.

Quite frankly, since I am being lynched, so be it.

[Unvote: Woon]
[Vote: Jask]