[Continuous] Samster's Puzzle of the Day - Join in at any time! page 15

2083 posts

Flag Post

I wrote a tcl script to solve it for me:

What is tcl?

Flag Post

A scripting language that no-one else uses.

Flag Post

Congrats Lou! I s’pose using coding to solve it is difficult enough.

And congrats hok for the sudoku :D

Flag Post

Sorry guys, no puzzle tonight. But two tomorrow.

Flag Post

Puzzle 41:

What comes fourth in this sequence of words?

Man, Protocol, Element, ?

Puzzle 42:

What comes fourth in this sequence?

D, FFF, HHH, ?

You will not get the point for either puzzles unless you give a reason why.

Flag Post

The answer to puzzle 42 is JJJ because the pattern goes like this D, FFF, HHH and F is three letters from D and H is three from F I know this sounds stupid but that`s the best answer i could come up with,

Flag Post

41: Undulus
Words that only use 1 vowel?

42: XXX
Something something pattern on a Dvorak keyboard

Flag Post

41: (The Third) Man, (The Fourth) Protocol, (The Fifth) Element, (The Sixth) Sense.
42: It may be that the letter is progressed by two and the number of times it appears is equal to the number of straight lines in the letter’s symbol. But then it would depend on the font whether it’s J or JJ. I suppose in this font it would be JJ.
It could also be progressing across the keyboard by 1 then 2 then 3, making it LL.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hok0003:

41: (The Third) Man, (The Fourth) Protocol, (The Fifth) Element, (The Sixth) Sense.
42: It may be that the letter is progressed by two and the number of times it appears is equal to the number of straight lines in the letter’s symbol. But then it would depend on the font whether it’s J or JJ. I suppose in this font it would be JJ.
It could also be progressing across the keyboard by 1 then 2 then 3, making it LL.

You have both correct, well done! JJ was the correct answer for 42.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ajx30009:

The answer to puzzle 42 is JJJ because the pattern goes like this D, FFF, HHH and F is three letters from D and H is three from F I know this sounds stupid but that`s the best answer i could come up with,

3 letters? Lol fail, and that doesn’t explain why there’s only 1 D.

Flag Post

Puzzle 43:

Complete both puzzles for a point.

1) Hidden in the grid below are eight, 7-letter words. Each word begins with the central R and you can move one letter in any direction to the next letter. All of the other letters are used exactly once each. What are the words?

2) Place letters in the white shapes in the grid below so that each of the following words can be read horizontally, vertically or diagonally: MERCURY VENUS EARTH MARS SATURN URANUS NEPTUNE PLUTO

Flag Post

Only time for one today.

Flag Post

RAINBOW
REFEREE
REVENGE
RESTORE
RUBBISH
ROASTED
RUNNING
RETREAT

Flag Post

Yup, half a point to both of you two!

Flag Post

Puzzle 44:

How many squares, of any size, can you find on this chess board which do not contain a Rook?

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Incorrect.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by NinjaMaster131:

That’s what I got.

Flag Post

Originally posted by racefan12:

That’s what I got.

Oh, poops. Samster, why can’t you be in GMT +8?

Flag Post

That is correct.

Flag Post

Again, no puzzle today but two puzzles tomorrow :P

Flag Post

Puzzle 45:

Hidden in the grid below are 6 hidden animals, once you have crossed of the hidden animals, you should be left with seven letters, which spell another animal. The letters are hidden in sequence using the move of a chess knight. For example, if the first letter of one of the animals was the top-right F, then the second letter could only be either F or A.

Puzzle 46:

Fill the thermometers with mercury, such that the numbers outside the grid indicate how many cells in each row and column contain mercury.

Mercury always starts filling from the bottom of a thermometer and not every thermometer has to contain mercury.

Flag Post

45:
GIRAFFE
ELEPHANT
LEOPARD
ANTELOPE
GOAT
KANGAROO

HAMSTER

http://i.imgur.com/eETa2ue.png

46: http://i.imgur.com/uAQcKL7.png

I may have miscounted.