[Continuous] Samster's Puzzle of the Day - Join in at any time! page 24

2061 posts

Flag Post

A N G E R
L _ R _ I
I C I N G
A _ L _ H
S P L I T

Across: Heifer; Happen; Alien; Sum; Jetty; Vienna; Flamenco; Greenfly; Soggy; Debut; Rush Hour; Insomnia; Dry Rot; Audio; Duo; Ladle; Detain; Narrow.
Down: Exile; Finance; Rest; Himalayas; Pajamas; Elton; Mauve; Synonym; Rib; Forbidden; Gnu; Admiral; Tombola; Hurdler; Steel; Sidle; Rodeo; John.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:
Originally posted by funiax:

Feels like another DKC moment for me

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you’re not talking about Donkey Kong Country.

I’m not sure if you were there but some time ago, possibly when IiN was still AC, everyone was collaborating on the Tim Tang Test. One of the puzzles involved sunflowers and I just couldn’t comprehend that East did not necessarily mean directly East and one of the sunflowers could be slightly South but still be East. Lots of trolling, rage and obliviousness ensued.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hok0003:

A N G E R
L _ R _ I
I C I N G
A _ L _ H
S P L I T

Across: Heifer; Happen; Alien; Sum; Jetty; Vienna; Flamenco; Greenfly; Soggy; Debut; Rush Hour; Insomnia; Dry Rot; Audio; Duo; Ladle; Detain; Narrow.
Down: Exile; Finance; Rest; Himalayas; Pajamas; Elton; Mauve; Synonym; Rib; Forbidden; Gnu; Admiral; Tombola; Hurdler; Steel; Sidle; Rodeo; John.

Correct.

Flag Post

Once again, I’m really busy. 2 puzzles tomorrow :’/

Flag Post

Puzzle 76:

Add two lines to this diagram to complete the sequence and earn a point.

Puzzle 77:

Below are ten words, from each word, remove a single letter and rearrange the remaining letters to find ten new words which are related to each other.

ENERGY
DOORMAN
CLEAREST
WEIGHT
OUTLIVE
EMBARK
CALMER
SOLEMN
VOIDING
ARCHERY

Sorry they’re a little late :P

Flag Post

PUZZLE 77

ENERGY > GREEN
DOORMAN > MAROON
CLEAREST > SCARLET
WEIGHT > WHITE
OUTLIVE > VIOLET
EMBARK > EMBAR
CALMER > CREAM / CAMEL (?)
SOLEMN > LEMON (?)
VOIDING > INDIGO
ARCHERY > CHERRY

The ones with the question marks are the one I’m not totally sure of. Anyways, the relation is that the new words are all colors.

Flag Post

Cream and Lemon are right, meaning you are correct.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

PUZZLE 77

ENERGY > GREEN
DOORMAN > MAROON
CLEAREST > SCARLET
WEIGHT > WHITE
OUTLIVE > VIOLET
EMBARK > AMBER
CALMER > CREAM / CAMEL (?)
SOLEMN > LEMON (?)
VOIDING > INDIGO
ARCHERY > CHERRY

The ones with the question marks are the one I’m not totally sure of. Anyways, the relation is that the new words are all colors.

FTFY. I don’t think a verb fits in with those adjectives

Flag Post

Finally something after my timezone disadvantage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

I think all logic puzzles should be required to have an explanation.

Flag Post

Turn the picture upside down, remove the buildings.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Turn the picture upside down, remove the buildings.

And that’s another one of those puzzles where you think “That makes absolutely no sense” until someone tells you the answer and you think “Holy cow, that’s brilliant”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by funiax:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Congrats!

Flag Post

Puzzle 78:

To win a point, you have to be the person who gets the furthest or is the first to beat Blind.

You must take a screen shot of the level select screen, the green plug with your name and the chat tab and post it in thread to be eligible.

Flag Post

I have a feeling that this game isn’t working properly for me, but I can’t tell because I don’t know how the game is supposed to be working.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

I have a feeling that this game isn’t working properly for me, but I can’t tell because I don’t know how the game is supposed to be working.

If more people have problems, I can change it :P

Flag Post

No-one has posted yet so I will wait one more day.

Flag Post

What a buggy game.

Flag Post

Congrats Pulsaris.

Puzzle 79:

How many words can you find? Each word must contain the central P and no letter can be used twice, however, the letters do not have to be connected. Three letter words are the minimum. Proper nouns are not allowed, however, plurals are. There is at least one nine letter word. The person to find the most words and PM me their list within 24 hours wins a point.

Flag Post

Is there a minimum legnth?

Flag Post

We’ll go with three letters.

Flag Post

Good. Because there are none shorter than 3 letters :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

Good. Because there are none shorter than 3 letters :P

PE could be considered a word. It’s accepted in Scrabble to boot

Flag Post

Can the ‘P’ be the first or last letter?