[Continuous] Samster's Puzzle of the Day - Join in at any time! page 31

2104 posts

Flag Post

They all changed their names to remove a leading definite article; i.e. they used to be known as “The Samaritans”, “The Stereophonics”, “The Disney Channel”, “The Facebook”. And don’t give me any points for the crossword mess, I don’t deserve them.

 
Flag Post

The Facebook?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

They all changed their names to remove a leading definite article; i.e. they used to be known as “The Samaritans”, “The Stereophonics”, “The Disney Channel”, “The Facebook”. And don’t give me any points for the crossword mess, I don’t deserve them.

Absolutely correct. They all used to have ‘The’ in front of them.


Originally posted by MaistlinRajere:

I say give half a point to funiax for this. His partial solution helped me tremendously.

I’m not completely sure about 8 down.

Crossword #1 – half a point to you and funiax

Crossword #2 – I’ll give you the point anyway despite 10 across and 8 down being wrong

 
Flag Post

Puzzle 97:

A skyscraper – you should know the rules by now :P

NOW WITH ACTUAL PUZZLE :L

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

Puzzle 97:

A skyscraper – you should know the rules by now :P

Sure… but where’s the puzzle?

 
Flag Post

1 7 8 5 4 6 2 3
7 6 3 2 1 5 8 4
8 5 4 6 2 7 3 1
4 3 2 7 8 1 5 6
6 4 5 8 3 2 1 7
5 2 1 4 7 3 6 8
3 8 6 1 5 4 7 2
2 1 7 3 6 8 4 5

 
Flag Post

I’ll update tonight – so busy.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hok0003:

1 7 8 5 4 6 2 3
7 6 3 2 1 5 8 4
8 5 4 6 2 7 3 1
4 3 2 7 8 1 5 6
6 4 5 8 3 2 1 7
5 2 1 4 7 3 6 8
3 8 6 1 5 4 7 2
2 1 7 3 6 8 4 5

Correct.

Puzzle 98:

All the faces of three identical cubes are to be painted so that nine faces are green and nine are yellow. After the paint has dried, the cubes are going to be placed in a bag and given as a gift. This means only colouring can be used to tell two cubes apart.

How many different gifts are possible?

 
Flag Post

28

 
Flag Post

26

 
Flag Post

Dammit, you’re right. The 5-2-2 and the 4-4-1 combos have 3 permutations each, not 4. Should have checked my working.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hok0003:

26

Correct!

 
Flag Post

Puzzle 99:

Sort the 16 words into four groups in which there are four words that are related to each other.

 
Flag Post

Reel, Hook, Line, Sinker – Fishing terms. I’m not exactly sure, but this is one of the sets if it is correct.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by KieranA4:

Reel, Hook, Line, Sinker – Fishing terms. I’m not exactly sure, but this is one of the sets if it is correct.

Wrong. You’re right about fishing though.

Circumflex, Umlaut, Hook, Ring – Diacritics
Changeup, Sinker, Cutter, Slurve – Baseball pitches
Ferrule, Reel, Line, Guide – Part of a fishing rod
Butt , Kilter, Control, Sorts – ?

 
Flag Post

The last one is words that can be combined with “out of” to make a phrase. I’ll butt out now.

 
Flag Post

I wonder what SamSam has invented for tomorrow’s 100th puzzle.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

I wonder what SamSam has invented for tomorrow’s 100th puzzle.

Super Busy guys, no puzzle today

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by funiax:
Originally posted by Bluji:

I wonder what SamSam has invented for tomorrow’s 100th puzzle.

Super Busy guys, no puzzle today

LOL


You’re still missing one puzzle from the day you didn’t, samsam

 
Flag Post

Maist and Lou get half a point each! And actually, I do have something planned for today.

It’s a shock, I know… :L

 
Flag Post

Puzzle 100:

To celebrate the big 1-0-0, I present to you a new puzzle!

Below are twenty words/titles (etc.) that have had all their vowels removed and have been spaced incorrectly. All you have to do for a point is correctly identify what all of these mix-ups are. Sounds difficult, but here’s a hint: all twenty of these will either be: parts of the human heart, cartoons, desserts or animals.

1. PNP PLP SDD WNCK
2. RN GTN
3. CWN DC HCKN
4. DR KCH CLT GT
5. CDN MKD SNX TDR
6. RT
7. PS NDR TFRG
8. GR TDN
9. TRM S
10. CH CLTCC RM
11. RG HTTR
12. FR LYD DPRN TS
13. NC ND
14. HPP YTRF RND S
15. TR TCT RN
16. DD DND DY
17. T RCS PDV LV
18. DVN TRT M
19. BK DLSK
20. VNC V

 
Flag Post

do we have to answer everything at once? i only knew a couple

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by igotnousername:

do we have to answer everything at once? i only knew a couple

Yes :P

 
Flag Post

just 6 more.

 
Flag Post

I need 5 assuming none are wrong, and i’m assuming y is not a vowel