[Continuous] Samster's Puzzle of the Day - Join in at any time! page 8

2061 posts

Flag Post

I accidentally deleted my previous post while editing it – slip of the mouse as coinciding with a slip of the mind.

Obviously, the solution is a whole number, N, that is an integral multiple of 11 and leaves a remainder of 1 when factored by the divisors of the positive integers equal to or less than 10, excluding 0. In other terms, it could be expressed as N (mod p<11) = 1 and N (mod 11) = 0 where p represents any positive integer, as excluding 0.

From my calculations, the answer is 3628801, although I am not wholly assured that the solution is unique.

Flag Post

3 of 50p
5 of 10p
1 of 5p
5 of 2p
5 of 1p
2 of .5p

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

3 of 50p
5 of 10p
1 of 5p
5 of 2p
5 of 1p
2 of .5p

Wait, how did you derive that solution?

Was it through a systematic round of guessing or did you employ other methods?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SamsterSamster:

In case

An easy one to start:

Puzzle 1: What comes fourth (taking the place of the question mark) in the sequence?

Um…. a feather?

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

3 of 50p
5 of 10p
1 of 5p
5 of 2p
5 of 1p
2 of .5p

Wait, how did you derive that solution?

Was it through a systematic round of guessing or did you employ other methods?

I could have used some equation, but guess and check was by far the quickest way to solve the problem, so I did that.

Flag Post

Bunny, that puzzle has already been solved. :P

simeng, that is not the smallest number.

Wii, that is incorrect, remember – each denomination of coin has a different amount attached to it (e.g. 1 50p, 2 10ps, 3 5ps etc)

Flag Post

Are there 25201 cabbages?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Eff, I just got that too.

Flag Post

Correct!

Flag Post

3 of 50p
5 of 10p
1 of 5p
6 of 2p
2 of 1p
4 of .5p

Flag Post

Correct!

Cool. I wasn’t entirely sure…I figured 2520 was the lowest number divisible by 1-10, but adding 1 to give 2521 didn’t work. So I thought, what about multiplying by ten and then adding 1? And that worked, but I don’t know why.

Flag Post

3 of 50p
5 of 10p
1 of 5p
6 of 2p
2 of 1p
4 of .5p

That is now correct!

Flag Post

Puzzle 23:

Bluji has four blue marbles and eight red marbles. He arranges his twelve marbles randomly in a ring. What is the probability that no two blue marbles are adjacent?

Flag Post

30% ; 1/3 ; Medium probability

Flag Post

I’ve got 7/33.

Flag Post

14/99

Flag Post
Originally posted by hok0003:

I’ve got 7/33.

That is correct.

Flag Post

Puzzle 24:

It’s a mash-up today! Below you will find a paragraph full of consonants. Weird, huh? The paragraph displays twenty things you need to find – ten musical acts and ten words relating to Kongregate; however they are all mashed up, wrongly spaced and split up and have their vowels removed. Identify all twenty words for one point.

KNP LSGRR AD LRH NNNDR CTNR
GLRF RMSG MSGMC RFTGR NDYNRD
KTH BLC KKY SLTNJ HN MSC HTRM
LNDL RYLS RMST RNGRW SMJ NRND

It’s tricky so just persevere!

Flag Post

Did you happen to maybe accidentally take out a consonant in the first line? Hopefully?

Flag Post

Did you happen to maybe accidentally take out a consonant in the first line? Hopefully?

Nope.

Flag Post

Nope.

Awwwww. This is pretty hard. I only have 13 or 14 right now. :P

Flag Post

Bad news. I think I may have to void this puzzle. My computer crashed and I lost the answers :(

Tell me what you’ve got and if I think it’s worthy of a point (from what I can remember) I will give you one :D

Flag Post

And anyways, “vowels” removed… (and before you ask, I consider Y as a vowel)

KNP LSGRR AD LRH NNNDR CTNR
GLRF RMSG MSGMC RFTGR NDYNRD
KTH BLC KKY SLTNJ HN MSC HTRM
LNDL RYLS RMST RNGRW SMJ NRND

Flag Post

Sorry guys, my computer crashed and I lost the answer to this puzzle :( just post in thread what you have so far and if I think that it is worthy of a point (from what I can remember), I will give you one :P

Flag Post

Akon, Plus/Pulse, Greer, Adele, Rihanna, One Direction, Regular, Forums, Games, Gemcraft, Green Day, Nerdook, The Black Keys, Elton John, Muse, Chatroom, Lana Del Rey, Louis Armstrong, Rawismojo, NRND-something.