Blobvolution: Survival of the Fittest: Turn 9 Game 1 page 12

330 posts

Flag Post

I’m trying to make it today. We’ll see.

PS: To be precise, the update has been severly delayed due to some AFK’ness and me needing to chase after some players for clarifications.

PS2: I have sent SEVERAL private messages over certain concerns, if I get some replies back I’ll have it done for today no problem.

Flag Post

UPDATE: NEXT POST ON THE WAY GUYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZigZagZombie:

UPDATE: NEXT POST ON THE WAY GUYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Possibly the best thing I have read all day…

Flag Post

Turn 8 (Next Turn is Nightfall)

WARNING! There seems to be some error with my thing. Waswowarum is currently near Slimey and Anjea. I’ll try and fix it.

What is happening?

Powered up by Arken’s breeze, Leaf charged straight into Gamma, knocking him down and preventing him from touching Waswowarum.

Arken and Leaf have engaged Gamma in combat

Slimey was going in for the kill, trying to raise its body, glued onto White, and slam it , crushing the poor Blob. While he was attempting to do it, White had enough time to take flight, debalancing Slimey, and so White knocked Slimey off of him.

Anjea ate.

Kirb made a small dirt nest for the bunny, who is now peacefully residing inside the burrow that she keeps enlarging. Oh and Kirby, she isn’t going to lay an egg, she’s going to have a litter of children.

I put an evolution scale on the first page to show off your full evolutions. Some have changed alot. Others, not that much physically.

1- Your action? Remember discretion.

2- Evolutions
Now that your Blobs are brain level 3, they have the choice between
-Physical Evolutions
-Develop Powers(such as fire/water/etc)
-Develop spell/power ability/etc
-Gastronomic(Diet) Evolutions

You can have up to 3 powers developping at once AT ALL TIMES. You can also develop two things and shorten the duration of one of them by 1 turn or develop a single thing and shorten it’s duration by 2 turns.

Physical Evolutions
Arms(1 turn)
Bipedal Mouvement(1 turn)
Slug Mouvement(1 turn)
Improved Sight (1 turn)
Head( 1 turn)
Tail: (1 turn)
Hands(Requires Arms): 1 turn (Is required for claws, pincers, etc.)
Feet(Requires Legs) : 1 turn
Nose(1 turn)
Ears(1 turn)
Hair (1 turn)
Scales( 1 turn)
Feathers ( 1 turn)
Faster Slug Mouvement (1 turn)
Quadrupedal Mouvement(Requires legs) (3 turns): The Blob grows an extra set of legs
Spring Reflexes(Requires legs) (2 turns): The Blob is slightly faster and can have around similarly to a bunny rabbit or a kangarou.
Four arms(Requires arms) (3 turns) : The Blob grows an extra set of arms
Thick Skin ( 1 turn) : The Blob takes slightly less damage
Aerial legs (Varies): The Blobs legs are that of a bird, smaller but lighter and improves flight. Awkward with normal feet, though. If the Blob already has legs, its a 1 turn evolution, otherwise its 2 turns.
Fins ( 1 turn)
Gills ( 1 turn)
Adhesive Glands(Requires Slug Mouvement) ( 2 turns) : The Blob can go up surfaces, sticking to them.
Extensive Vision( Requires Improved Sight) ( 1 turn): Even better, larger and more detailed vision to your Blob
Heat Vision(Requires Improved Sight) (2 turns): The Blob can see a hidden Blob through it’s heat.
Improved Hearing(Requires ears) (1 turn)
Scent Tracking(Requires Nose)(2 turns): The Blob can smell hidden Blobs.
Hands for feet(Requires legs) ( 2 turns): Similar to a monkey, the Blob grows hands on its feet.
Tentacles (2 turns) : The Blob grows a pair of long tentacles
Horns (Requires head) (1 Turn): The Blob grows a pair of horns)
Claws(Requires Hands) (2 turns): The Blob grows sharp claws
And it keeps going, but none of you have the level or prerequisites for them, so I’ll stop here.
Tentacular Reinforcement (1 turn): allows hands and claws to be on tentacles
Pincers: 2 turns
Muscular Reinforcement(2 turns): Improves speed
Tail Reinforcement (1 turn): Allows upgrades on tail, improving it’s utility.
Wings(3 turns): Gives a Blob-ish beginning of what appears to be wings. Not very good at flight, more for gliding, but can be upgraded and is improved by aerial legs, wings and more.
Shell(3 turns, requires head or slug mouvement): Slows and weighs down the Blob, but gives him a defensive shell. The shell reduces the damage of all attacks by two, but exterior limbs are vulnerable(head/arms/slug tail) and must be brought inside the shell(making the Blob immobile) to protect those body parts. Can be upgraded.
Leap Reflexes(3 turns, requires spring reflexes): Allows the Blob to jump at incredible height and lenghts.
Thorns( 2 turns): The Blob is covered in thorns, and any Blob that touches it takes 1 point of damage. Can be upgraded.
Buck Teeth(Requires Herbivore, 1 turn): The Blob gains a bite attack and can munch throught wood and similar objects with ease
Fangs(Requires Carnivore, 1 turn): The Blob gains a powerful bite attack and can cut throught meat well.
Proboscis(2 turns, 1 if Omnivore): The Blob gains a tube-like mouth. With it, it can stab other Blobs and allows different gastronomic options
Talons(2 turns): Makes the Blob lighter and more adapted to flight
Beaks(2 turns, 1 if omnivore): the blob gains a beak and a peck attack and allowing them to better pick off small food. Can be upgraded.
Hooves(2 turns): The Blob walks around on large hooves, preventing debalancement and giving him a more powerful but slower kick attack.
Eyes(1 turn): The Blob grows a second eye, reducing chance of blindness and enlarges sight radius
Scent Tracking(2 turns, requires nose): Allows the Blob to know where a Blob is or has been through smell.
Camoflage Skin(3 turns): With this cameleon-like skin, the Blob can blend into his environnement and make itself almost invisible to the naked eye. Upgrades later to allow blend in while moving and such.

Powers
Since Anjea has finally developped Electricity, the following have been unlocked)

Static Fighter(2 turns): The Blob can trasmit electricity by touch or near vicinity, causing all of it’s physical attack to gain 1 extra damage from electric shock
Jolt(2 turns): A short range jolt of electricity comes out of the Blobs hand.
Recharge(3 turns): The Blob can spend the turn jolting itself with energy, gaining energy)
Adrenaline Rush(2 turns): The Blob jolts itself, increasing it’s speed by 1.

Since Arken has developped wind, he has acces to this:

Improved Flight(2 turns): Self Explanatory
Breeze(2 turns): A strong breeze passes by pushing small objets and creatures in a direction
Slashing Wind(2 turns): A quick wave of wind slices through a target
Small Fog: A small fog is created around the Blob, hiding itself from it’s enemies.
Wind Fists(4 turns): The Blob can punch the air, sending out punches to his enemies from a short distance.

Water:
Improved Swim(2 turns): Self Explanatory
Aquatic Healing(4 turns): The Blob, when submerged in water, heals over time
Icicle(2 turns): A small icicle forms, that can be thrown or used as a weapon up close
Aquatic Force(2 turns): The Blob can push around a small wave of water similar to a Wind Blob using breeze. Requires to be in water or Create Water
Create Water(2 turns): Converts energy to spawn water, in any form.

Fire:
Interior Heat(4 turns): Can use energy to heat ones body, sending back heat damage to Blobs that touch him. Keeping this for turns uses more energy, but the Blobs physical attacks do burn damage
Overheat(2 turns): The Blob heats up another Blob body temperature, making them fatigue and drop in energy. Also does minimal damage
Firball(3 turns): An energy costly attack. A Blob spews out a fireball that burns a target for a good amount of damage

Nature:
Natures wrath(minor) (2 turns): The nerby grass or vegetation around the Blob entagles it, stopping it from moving and dealing minor damage
Wild Empathy(2 turns): Improves the relationship with an animal or slightly with a NPC Blob.

Gastronomic
Requires to have confirmed a diet.

Herbivore:
Frugivore(2 turn): Extra health and energy output from fruit
“Herb”-ivore(2 turns): Extra health and energy output from eating grass, leaves, herbs and flowers
Beaver(Requires Buck Teeth, 2 turns): The Blob gains health and energy from eating bark and roots(wood)

Carnivore:
Hunter-Killer(2 turns): Extra health and energy output from eating other creatures killed by your own hand
Scavenger(2 turns): Extra health and energy output from eating other creatures killed by others. Can eat semi-rotten meat.
Sanguivore(2 turns): Allows the Blob to drink blood for health and energy
Insectivore(2 turns): Extra health and energy output from eating insects

Omnivore: All 2 turns
Aquivore(Requies Proboscis): Can filter through water to get nutrients, giving health and energy
Melivore: Increases the health and energy output of honey
Nutrivore(Requires proboscis): Can filter through the ground for nutrients, similar to Aquivore but not as nutritious.

3-Your opinion

In private message or with your post, tell me how you like the game so far. Your opinions? Comments? What would you like to see more from the game?

Flag Post

… I chose omnivore as a decided diet… shouldn’t my beak be done? =S

Also, when can we choose blob size?

Flag Post

You win this round Gamma is defeated D:

Evolutions: Slug, Thorns.

Action: Retreat move away from everyone, and eat the dead bunny corpse, sucking out its blood with my proboscis. (top left bunny).

My opinion about the game: Its very fun overall :D, i’m glad you took the time to make this for all of us :).

Q1. Does proboscis give a combo bonus to sanguivore?

Q2. If I grow pincers will that stop me from picking up anything? (also how do they differ from claws?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

… I chose omnivore as a decided diet… shouldn’t my beak be done? =S

Also, when can we choose blob size?

Oh sorry, I’ll have it updated next turn

You need an overexcessive ammount of energy to grow one size bigger.

Originally posted by gammaflux:

You win this round Gamma is defeated D:

Evolutions: Slug, Thorns.

Action: Retreat move away from everyone, and eat the dead bunny corpse and suck out its blood with my proboscis. (top left bunny).

My opinion about the game: Its very fun overall :D, i’m glad you took the time to make this for all of us :).

Q1. Does proboscis give a combo bonus to sanguivore?

Q2. If I grow pincers will that stop me from picking up anything? (also how do they differ from claws?)

A1: You gain a sting damage from proboscis, then suction shall be a second damage factor
A2: No, but it won’t be as easy as if you had fingers.

Flag Post

(also how do they differ from claws?)

Claw

Pincers

Crab pincers are usually called claws, but are not the type he was thinking of.

/\/\/\

How much energy does it take to get smaller?

Flag Post

@FelineForumer Nice pictures, :D also I meant more statwise how do they differ? Are claws faster yet weaker (still stronger then hands). And are pincers slower yet stronger?

Flag Post

@FelineForumer Nice pictures, :D also I meant more statwise how do they differ? Are claws faster yet weaker (still stronger then hands). And are pincers slower yet stronger?

Claws are fast, swiping at foes with claws. Pincers are bulkier, but once you grab onto his arm, you can hold him down and he’s got nowhere to go.

Originally posted by FelineForumer:

(also how do they differ from claws?)

Claw

Pincers

Crab pincers are usually called claws, but are not the type he was thinking of.

/\/\/\

How much energy does it take to get smaller?

Not that much in comparasion, but you must live with the consequences.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZigZagZombie:

Claws are fast, swiping at foes with claws. Pincers are bulkier, but once you grab onto his arm, you can hold him down and he’s got nowhere to go.

Thanks :D I’ll make my decision next turn. (If I live that is)

(Sidenote: Don’t die CowFriend.) D:

Flag Post

Kirb

[Evolution] Finish Thorns(1/2), Create Water(1/2), Frugivore(1/2)
For the thorns, my body is covered in it, but not my palms.

[Action] Collect yellow berries nearby while guarding my bunny.

Commentary:
I really enjoy blobvolution, the entire concept, especially the picture. I feel that pictures provide a nice break from the wall of text. Your evolutions are detailed, and i can see you put much effort into this game. The clever, amusing concept of evolution really excites me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

Kirb

[Evolution] Finish Thorns(1/2), Create Water(1/2), Frugivore(1/2)
For the thorns, my body is covered in it, but not my palms.

[Action] Collect yellow berries nearby while guarding my bunny.

Commentary:
I really enjoy blobvolution, the entire concept, especially the picture. I feel that pictures provide a nice break from the wall of text. Your evolutions are detailed, and i can see you put much effort into this game. The clever, amusing concept of evolution really excites me.

Thanks.

Flag Post

Why am I not done with my electricity power yet? Do I have to state that I want electricity every turn?

Evolution:

Electricity
Beaks

Flag Post

Slimey

Action: …Eat grass? Deus ex machina?

Evolution:
Begin Natures Wrath (Minor)
Finish Natures Wrath (Minor)
Begin Camoflage Skin

Opinion:
Great Game, keep it up. I can tell you put work into it.

Flag Post

Anjea

Actions: Go to the top right bush. Eat the bush and everything on it, and if I can do more, explore the top right region which is still unexplored.

Evolution: 1) Finish evolving Quadrupedal Movement. 2) Evolve a Tail. 3) Start evolving Recharge.

Opinion: Always supported the game, and nothing’s changed. I love the pictures, I love the progression, I love the activity and most of all, I love the evolutions. Keep it up! One thing I’d like to have had earlier would be the elemental movesets. You did reveal them now, so it’s a dead nag. It’d let me take a more knowledgeable decision on my element (not as if I don’t like Electricity).

Flag Post

I have the best sprite in the game, but Leaf looks like a badass Arceus.

Flag Post

[Arken]

[Action:]

I chase my tail…

[Evolutions:]

Small Fog x3 (This should make it instant, right? You don’t actually have the amount of turns for Fog written on the wind section)

[Opinion:]

Really good game, only one problem which is the update delay, but that is something you can’t do anything about, other then that you have a perfect game here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Most attractive? Yes
Best choices? No

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:

Most attractive? Yes
Best choices? No

Everything has its advantages and disadvantages.

Flag Post

Leaf

Action: Fly up high and observe the world.

Evolution:

Spring Reflex x3

Opinion:
I love the choices of this game. Keep it up. =D

Flag Post

Most attractive? Yes
Best choices? No

I’m not trying to survive as much as I’m trying to have an unique slime. If I am, I wouldn’t be having 3 HP right now. :(

But I can fly and you can’t.

Flag Post

Most attractive? Yes
Best choices? No

I’m not trying to survive as much as I’m trying to have an unique slime. If I am, I wouldn’t be having 3 HP right now. :(

But I can hit you with breeze…

Flag Post

ETA?

Flag Post

Most attractive? Yes
Best choices? No

Advantages : Flight, attractiveness
Other people’s advantages: brains, horns, improve sight, powers, healing, teamwork, non waste of an evoulution (cough slime movement cough)