[Sign-ups/Nomination] Musical Fanfare (locked)

58 posts

Flag Post

Hello there! I’ve got an interesting game idea I haven’t seen in FGF, so I thought I’d make a game for it.

Here’s the idea: You guys are going to nominate songs you like. They can be any song you’d like. Then, once we get enough songs (either 32 or 64, depending on interest), they’ll be randomly sorted in a bracket and you guys will vote on which song is better in each bracket.

For now, let me go into the nomination process, since that’s what this thread’s for. Each user may nominate up to three songs. When you nominate a song, please provide a link to the song so we can listen to it. If we end up getting too many songs to fit in the brackets, songs will be kicked at random, starting with everyone’s third nominations, so I recommend you put your best songs first. You are also not required to nominate three songs; you may only put up two or even one if that’s all you can think of.

So, anyone interested in this? If so, put some songs up! Happy listening!

EDIT: I didn’t clarify, so I’ll do it here: Each song may only be nominated once. Any subsequent nominations will simply be wasted.

Flag Post

1- Gangnam Style
2- Saints of Barthelemy 2012

Flag Post

You should probably use the song’s name to link it, so I can organize things better. :P

Flag Post

Done.

Lets say Mr Nubfaic’s song wins will he get the win in the masterthread? Also you need to say this has started in the masterthread.

Flag Post

Aces High
Links 2 3 4
Quake 2 OST Gravity Well

Flag Post

3- MGMT – Time To Pretend

Flag Post

The rules didn’t state it couldn’t be from video game soundtracks. Also, would Mario remixes (ex. the main theme) have to be from Super Mario Bros. (the original appearance) and not from New Super Mario Bros. (Remixed the original song, but was made by the same company)? The same would also apply to the Zelda and Kirby series, maybe a few more I’m forgetting.

1. Golden Sun – Doom Dragon
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee – Targets!
3. Xenoblade Chronicles – Unfinished Battle

Guess I’m forced to Sign as well.

Flag Post

You don’t need to sign or anything; you just nominate what you want and when voting starts, anyone who’s looking at the thread at that particular moment can vote. No restriction there.

Flag Post

I’d nominate some country songs, but since no one but myself would vote for them, that would be pretty pointless.

So we have:

One Headlight

3 AM

Roll to Me

Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

You don’t need to sign or anything; you just nominate what you want and when voting starts, anyone who’s looking at the thread at that particular moment can vote. No restriction there.

Well, the rules made me think otherwise. (Facepalm)

Also, might I suggest the name of this game to be Musical Fanfare? It incorporates what songs are (Music) into how it would win (With the game being mostly-fan decided). Also, Fanfare is a musical term, so it also fits in.

Flag Post

Links work like such.

"Text":Link

Just thought you’d like to know.

Flag Post

Little Talks

Hey Ho

Killin It

nice idea btw

Flag Post
Originally posted by blakzer:

Well, the rules made me think otherwise. (Facepalm)

Also, might I suggest the name of this game to be Musical Fanfare? It incorporates what songs are (Music) into how it would win (With the game being mostly-fan decided). Also, Fanfare is a musical term, so it also fits in.

Ah, sorry about the confusion.

And the title works for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Lets say Mr Nubfaic’s song wins will he get the win in the masterthread? Also you need to say this has started in the masterthread.

I’m…considering it. Not sure one way or the other yet.

Though I will put it in the thread.

Flag Post

Uzzbuzz master race

Flag Post

Megadeth – Holy Wars… The Punishment Due

It got featured as 1/3 of the final boss for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. (All 3 songs for the final boss are by Megadeth, but this is my favourite one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM

Flag Post

The Sound of Silence: By Simon and Garfunkel

When I am Sixty-Four: By The Beatles

For the Longest Time: By Billy Joel

Flag Post

THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES

“Baby” by Justin Bieber.

INDESTRUCTIBLE BY DISTURBED

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

“Baby” by Justin Bieber.

I would appreciate linkage, please. (Mainly because at least one of those songs I wouldn’t be caught dead searching. :P)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

The Sound of Silence: By Simon and Garfunkel

When I am Sixty-Four: By The Beatles

For the Longest Time: By Billy Joel

I like this guy.

Revolution 9 – The Beatles
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea – Neutral Milk Hotel
Train Leaving Grey – Mason Jennings

Flag Post

“Baby” by Justin Bieber.

I would appreciate linkage, please. (Mainly because at least one of those songs I wouldn’t be caught dead searching. :P)

I hate Disturbed too.

I can only choose 3? Hmmm….
The 2 best songs from 2011:
212 by Azealia Banks
In the Suburbs by Lets Wrestle
And an old favourite:
Once In a Lifetime by Talking Heads

Flag Post

I would like to sign up for this.

Final Fantasy X – A Fleeting Dream
Disgaea 3 – Opening Video [ENGLISH] … Not english, but from the english release with english subtitles.
Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler’s Water Apocalypse

Flag Post

“Baby” by Justin Bieber.

We all know who’s gonna win through sheer irony, joke votes and sarcasm. cough cough

Seriously though, I will sign, but not now because I’m just briefly checking Kong Forums.

Flag Post

“Baby” by Justin Bieber.

Okay, I did search them. These are the videos you’re getting for each.
Dragonforce – Through the Fire and Flames
Disturbed – Indestructible
That other song
Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Flag Post

Viva la Vida