[Mafia] A Blind Eye [On break until July 7th] page 3 (locked)

89 posts

Flag Post

So, everyone’s RNG voting except devourer

Vote DJ until discussion starts, following my promise in Worst Role Ever.

I did say “Thinking of actually playing this mafia seriously rather than just TeeHeeinh everything, meh” during confirmation, just saying

So devourer, just for curiosity’s sake, why did you promise to vote him until discussion starts in Worst Role Ever?

Because I was acting like a jester, thinking it would make me win the game, when devourer raged and said

Are you determined to act like a jester in every single game you play? If you don’t stop, I’m just going to start every D1 with a policy vote on you.

But it really wasn’t a “promise” as he claimed it is.

I suck at RQS, someone make one. They don’t give any major information, but they are much much better than this RNG Vote or Joke Phase.

Flag Post

Vote Count

AdeebNafees: 1 [Helltank]
Djrockstar: 1 [Devourer359]
eProdigy: 1 [GottaAskTheMan]
Not voting: 8 [MyNameIsNothing, djrockstar, CowFriend, T6salt, SilverEvil, AdeebNafees, eProdigy, DragonArcherZ]

Deadline

In 52 hours.

Flag Post

1) What roles do you think there could be in the mafia?
2) Do you think this RQS is necessary and that it gives useful information?
3) Do you think somebody should vote for one of the 3 already voted players(Adeeb, DJ, eP) to start discussion?
4) Who do you find most suspicious? (An answer of “too early in the game to tell” is acceptable.)
5) What do you think of Devourer’s policy vote of djrockstar? Could be it be considered as basically the same thing as an RNG, or do you think it’s an attempt to scumwagon, or perhaps just a misguided attempt to start discussion?

Flag Post

The roles revealed seem pretty normal, I’m expecting some normal roles like Masons and stuff. It doesn’t seem like there are gonna be roles like Dreaming God in this.

It isn’t necessary, but it’s much better than joke phase or random votes

3) Do you think somebody should vote for one of the 3 already voted players(Adeeb, DJ, eP) to start discussion?

If by discussion you mean everybody votes for the guy who voted one of the three. No.

4) Who do you find most suspicious?

If I had found anyone suspicious, they would have been voted or FoS’d. Too early in the game to tell.

5) What do you think of Devourer’s policy vote of djrockstar?

That’s just screaming Policy Vote if you ask me. Those kind of votes NEVER seem to Lynch someone unless there’s multiple people voting. Jaskaran said he’ll vote for me too, but he’s the mod so >.>

Flag Post
I’m expecting some normal roles…. it doesn’t seem like there are gonna be roles like Dreaming God

Semi-Open mafias usually have unusual roles. There are some normal roles(usually the ones revealed) and the surprise roles are tucked in between. But I don’t think there’s a DG either. It isn’t Jaskaran’s style. Not many mafias have Dreaming Gods.

votes for the guy who voted for one of the three

No, I mean everyone start piling on one of the people who already has a vote on him.

Anyway, why? Discussion is good for townies.

These kinds of votes NEVER seem to Lynch someone

I asked for your opinion on the policy vote, not whether you think it’ll go through. If a scumwagon fails, the person who started it will STILL come under heavy suspicion. Just speak up, don’t be afraid of sounding biased because you’re on the business end of the vote. As you said, it’ll probably falter anyway.

Flag Post

So, it’s an RVS start? Vote: eProdigy. His avatar makes me think that he is the “missing link” to our scumhunting endeavors.

(devourer)

Vote DJ until discussion starts, following my promise in Worst Role Ever.

I thought you would do your usual RQS :(

(DJ)

They don’t give any major information, but they are much much better than this RNG Vote or Joke Phase.

That’s interesting. RQS starts have been, if not less, as effective at starting discussion as RVS starts.

(Helltank)

Beside the ones explicitly provided, I think there should be at least one/two mafia goons to support the Commander:

(role list)

Knows the names of the other faction members.

Beside that, a Doctor is likely with the presence of two Cops, though I wouldn’t count on that. A Survivor might also be present, but again, it might not be the best idea in an 11P game. Likely, there are more VTs.

I will answer 2) later because I haven’t finished reading the whole RQS yet.

Start a discussion, or start a wagon? Putting a bit of pressure on someone mightn’t hurt.

4) Who do you find most suspicious? (An answer of “too early in the game to tell” is acceptable.)

Too early.

5) What do you think of Devourer’s policy vote of djrockstar? Could be it be considered as basically the same thing as an RNG, or do you think it’s an attempt to scumwagon, or perhaps just a misguided attempt to start discussion?

Neutral. Leading a policy lynch at this stage of the game is a meh tell to me, and it makes me think that devourer is either totally tuckered out, plain lazy, or doesn’t care much about this game in particular. That can mean anything at this stage.

I guess it can be considered the same thing as an RNG. Hell, it is probably better than an RNG vote because it contains an explicit mention of it being a policy vote. There isn’t any ominous vote hiding inside a disguised RNG vote.

Scumwagon? I think that’s a wrong use of the term. There isn’t a wagon in there with only devourer voting. I’d consider it more scumwagonish if he was voting someone who was at L-3. As I might have mentioned before, and have probably illustrated myself in Chosen, wagoning means putting a lot of vote pressure on someone. Putting someone at L-5 isn’t wagoning in the shadiest sense of the word.

It isn’t necessarily misguided, but it is strange, coming from devourer. I might have mentioned this before somewhere else… hah, found it:

(SPAES II Mafia)

Therefore, I will FoS devourer359 because it is quite, quite unlike him to not try to force a dead thread into activity, for one, the fact that a vote at this stage will appear entirely random with little to no actual evidence to back it up (not to mention that it will shorten the deadline by several hours, if I have got my ocelot terminology correct), though, admittedly, this may or may not be a very well disguised, though you would probably say that I flatter myself more than I deserve to, attempt at having him poke his face into this thread again with more than just a casual mention of fully ripe internal egg masses of fish or other marine animals, as the presence of devourer359 has usually ensured, in the past, a healthy environment for discussion regardless of his alignment in favor or against town, and a dead thread is the pitfall that we should currently strive to avoid at all costs, with the obvious exception, of course, of the Infestation Mother who would want to have the thread dead (or at least suitably inactive) at least long enough for her to get a loyal minion who will be ready to sacrifice his life in order to defend her life and more importantly, her honor which is indeed quite important for alien lifeforms regardless of danger potential towards mankind as a whole;

Not too bad. Better than lynching someone based completely on RNG votes.

Flag Post

Adeeb, do you vote eProdigy because of a random reason or because he’s already voted by someone else? (Trying to start a wagon, perhaps?)

been, if not less, as effective

I disagree. Some of the most heated discussion I’ve seen in mafia early games have been due to dodgy answers to an RQS. RVS are mostly “zzz….. vote vote vote… SCUMSLIP! WAAAAAAGOOONNNN”. Some of the discussion from RQS is stupid and mundane(despite what you think, word choice is not a strong tell) but it’s better than RVS.

Just my two cents.

Two cops

The paranoid cop isn’t really a cop. In fact, he actually damages the town by giving them misleading information. And unlike Insane Cop, he can’t help anything even if he finds out his sanity. And have you considered the possiblity of more than two cops? Perhaps Jaskaran put in all the possible sanities in the game. Maybe there’s an Insane Cop, a Methodical Cop, a Publisher Cop, a Naive cop….

Survivor…. might not be the best idea in an 11P game

Why?

Start a discussion, or start a wagon?

To start discussion. I want to wheedle information out of them by threatening them with a wagon. If they don’t open up, we can get the wagon rolling. Also, a potential wagon will initiate lots of arguments and arguments breed scumslips.

wrong use of the term

I meant if he was trying to start a bandwagon with malicious intentions. He wants others to vote DJ in the hope that DJ will be voted off.

Flag Post

(helltank)

Adeeb, do you vote eProdigy because of a random reason or because he’s already voted by someone else? (Trying to start a wagon, perhaps?)

I stated:

His avatar makes me think that he is the “missing link” to our scumhunting endeavors.

Is there any reason for you to think that I am lying?

Some of the most heated discussion I’ve seen in mafia early games have been due to dodgy answers to an RQS.

An example would be nice.

The paranoid cop isn’t really a cop. In fact, he actually damages the town by giving them misleading information.

Pardon me. I should have only mentioned “cops”.

And unlike Insane Cop, he can’t help anything even if he finds out his sanity.

He becomes a named townie the moment he discovers his sanity (pretty quickly, I’d say). How is that not useful for town?

And have you considered the possiblity of more than two cops?

Always possible, but I don’t see why that’s necessary.

Perhaps Jaskaran put in all the possible sanities in the game. Maybe there’s an Insane Cop, a Methodical Cop, a Publisher Cop, a Naive cop….

Is there any reason to think so?

Why?

Too many non-town factions. We already have neutral SK, scum. If there is a Survivor as well, it will mean even lesser town bulk. That’s always assuming that the setup is balanced. Another possible way to have a Survivor in the game is to make it possible for him to win with town, but I doubt that’d be required. Such a survivor is effectively a VT.

I want to wheedle information out of them by threatening them with a wagon.

How are you going to threaten them with a wagon?

I meant if he was trying to start a bandwagon with malicious intentions. He wants others to vote DJ in the hope that DJ will be voted off.

Personally, I find his reason for voting DJ, not exactly “bull”, but “meh”, and wouldn’t vote on it, nor encourage others to vote on the policy wagon. Voting DJ for other reasons is fine.

It is weird, because when you mentioned malicious intentions, I had a vision of devourer softwagoning DJ. Probably my imagination running away from me, though.

Flag Post
So, it’s an RVS start? Vote: eProdigy. His avatar makes me think that he is the “missing link” to our scumhunting endeavors.

Ye know too much! :D

Flag Post
Is there any reason for you to think that I am lying?

No particular reason. I was just noting that anyone could vote and say it was random. You have clarified your point, I am satisfied with your answer.

An example would be nice.

Just off the top of my head:Burn Down Village Huts, Storm of Chaos, Council of the Plains.

He becomes a named townie

So? That just means he’s a normal townie who investigates as Paranoid Cop, or Cop(depending on how accurate investigation results are).

How are you going to threaten them with a wagon?

“If you don’t answer our questions, we’ll wagon you for being unreadable”. As you said, I’m pressuring them.

softwagoning

What’s that?

Flag Post

(Helltank)

So devourer, just for curiosity’s sake, why did you promise to vote him until discussion starts in Worst Role Ever?

He’s been acting like a jester in several games. I want to make him stop. If I don’t have time to make a RQS, this is the best way for me to start day. At the very least, RVS is better than RNG, and in this case, more useful than Joke Phase.

(DJ)

I did say “Thinking of actually playing this mafia seriously rather than just TeeHeeinh everything, meh” during confirmation, just saying

I can read, but I’d rather wait for you to provide something substantial before I believe you. For all I know, you could go right back to jester posting whenever you feel like it.

But it really wasn’t a “promise” as he claimed it is.

Word choice. I don’t feel it matters too much.

(RQS)

Other than the ones listed in the beginning of the thread (which should be obvious), I’m not going to bother too much with this one. There’s not enough information for me to guess, and obvious roles that haven’t been displayed should be, well, obvious. As an example, there are probably mafia goons and cops of sanities other than the ones displayed.

I doubt that any useful information will surface from this RQS unless a player makes an obvious scumslip. However, it is absolutely necessary in that it will help to generate player activity, something which we desperately need.

No. This is no way starts discussion other than casting suspicion onto the bandwagonners. They could claim that they were just using a horrible baiting gambit, but that would take discussion into a path that I wouldn’t enjoy. You say that it may cause them to feel pressured, but I feel that pressuring a single player with a dangerous bandwagon is a form of selective scumhunting, and one that will not help town.

Too early for me to tell.

See my response to your first post.

(DJ)

Those kind of votes NEVER seem to Lynch someone unless there’s multiple people voting.

Honestly, I don’t want it to lynch you as I don’t find you suspicious yet. I want it to threaten you.

(Adeeb)

I thought you would do your usual RQS :(

I felt that DJ was a case I had to address first.

as the presence of devourer359 has usually ensured, in the past, a healthy environment for discussion regardless of his alignment in favor or against town,

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say by calling my vote strange, as previous discussion would hint at it being a null tell. As for supporting discussion, that’s exactly what I’m doing by forcing DJ to participate constructively. While he’s acting fine here, he’s still behaving like a jester elsewhere, and I’m going to treat him like I said I would until I feel I can trust him.

I had a vision of devourer softwagoning DJ.

Explain why I would do this.

(Helltank)

What’s that?

This.

Helltank, answer your RQS, please. It’s been long enough.

eProdigy, I see that you have arrived but haven’t added anything to the discussion. FoS eProdigy. Answer the RQS.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Not so sure…although half of them are listed already, Jask can be a bastard

Sometimes.

With logical reasons, yes.

Too early

Possibly to start discussion although I’m not very sure about it.

Flag Post

I’m guessing there may be scum and perhaps a town leader. But I can’t say for sure since it’s still too early in the game.

2) Do you think this RQS is necessary and that it gives useful information

I think it’s a great way to collect information and determine who’s Mafia.

I have no reason to vote for Adeeb nor DJ yet. Though I’ll RNG vote Adeeb and see where that leads.

Still too early in the game.

I think he’s just trying to start discussion, though it does seem suspicious. Like Adeeb, I’m neutral.

Flag Post

LOL

RNG Vote Adeeb

Flag Post

What is it with everyone RNG voting (including me)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

What is it with everyone RNG voting (including me)?

I thought we’re just doing it as a satirical humor?

Flag Post

Vote Count

AdeebNafees: 3 [Helltank, CowFriend, eProdigy]
eProdigy: 2 [GottaAskTheMan, AdeebNafees]
Not voting: 5 [MyNameIsNothing, djrockstar, T6salt, SilverEvil, DragonArcherZ]

FoSes

eProdigy: 1 [Devourer359]

Deadline

In 32 hours.

Flag Post

Jask, I RNG voted for Adeeb.

I have no reason to vote for Adeeb nor DJ yet. Though I’ll RNG vote Adeeb and see where that leads.

Flag Post

Jask, I RNG voted for Adeeb.

Ah, right, sorry, missed it. Fixed.

Flag Post

Thank you.

Flag Post

I don’t want to vote Adeeb off D1 yet, so I’m gonna Unvote AN and vote eProdigy for having an avatar that’s only appropriate during christmas.

Devourer, will answer your questions later.

Flag Post

Vote Count

AdeebNafees: 2 [CowFriend, eProdigy]
eProdigy: 3 [GottaAskTheMan, AdeebNafees, helltank]
Not voting: 5 [MyNameIsNothing, djrockstar, T6salt, SilverEvil, DragonArcherZ]

FoSes

eProdigy: 1 [Devourer359]

Deadline

In 31 hours and 23 minutes.

Flag Post

(helltank)

Just off the top of my head:Burn Down Village Huts, Storm of Chaos, Council of the Plains.

Burn Down Village Huts: started with an RVS, and the discussion point was mostly “Jask being stupid”.

Storm of Chaos: Admittedly.

Council of the Plains: The actual voting was done based on how someone was sus of someone not answering the RQS properly, but again, admitted.

So? That just means he’s a normal townie who investigates as Paranoid Cop, or Cop(depending on how accurate investigation results are).

So, he can claim at endgame, and there isn’t a damned guy in the world foolhardy enough to counterclaim him, thus making him an innocent child of sorts.

That, and the fact that he can be Followed to clear him from suspicion. Definitely useful, and a better claim than VT by a long shot.

As you said, I’m pressuring them.

I see.

What’s that?

Quoting the mafiascum wiki:

Pushing somebody (usually a scumbuddy) while knowing that it is highly improbable they will be lynched.

(devourer)

At the very least, RVS is better than RNG, and in this case, more useful than Joke Phase.

I don’t mind the joke phase much, personally.

You say that it may cause them to feel pressured, but I feel that pressuring a single player with a dangerous bandwagon is a form of selective scumhunting, and one that will not help town.

You aren’t reverting to your Dual mafia form are you Well, how do you intend to have people make scumslips if you don’t pressure them?

This is no way starts discussion other than casting suspicion onto the bandwagonners.

So you will cast suspicion on the wagoneers?

As for supporting discussion, that’s exactly what I’m doing by forcing DJ to participate constructively.

Selective participation-encouragement?

Explain why I would do this.

As I mentioned, I don’t really think so. Just mentioned it as food for thought.

(SE)

With logical reasons, yes.

What kind of logical reasons can you suggest at this phase of the game?

Possibly to start discussion although I’m not very sure about it.

Any reason why you don’t think so?

(Prod)

Though I’ll RNG vote Adeeb and see where that leads.

RNG vote or OMGUS vote? :p I don’t like it when someone says that the RNG, very fortuitously, landed on someone who is voting for them.

(CF)

LOL

RNG Vote Adeeb

Trollololol.

I thought we’re just doing it as a satirical humor?

Actually, I think that we are looking for an avenue to start a discussion.

(helltank)

I don’t want to vote Adeeb off D1 yet, so I’m gonna Unvote AN and vote eProdigy for having an avatar that’s only appropriate during christmas.

Poor Prod, getting avatar-voted twice :p

Any specific reason you want me alive?

Flag Post

@AN
1. Well I Can’t really say (Although RNG votes are not the answer)
Maybe be patient?
2. It’s a policy lynch vote.

Flag Post

(Adeeb)

RNG vote or OMGUS vote? :p I don’t like it when someone says that the RNG, very fortuitously, landed on someone who is voting for them.

I just find your avatar quite looming and mysterious. A shadow of a boy pushing and pulling a lever back and forth… Don’t you think that’s suspicious (not to mention disturbing?)