Musical Fanfare! [Closed] page 14 (locked)

477 posts

Flag Post

Viva La Vida and When I’m 64

Flag Post

Round 9: Enjoy the Silence

Round 10: N/A

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Vote: Viva La Vida

Vote: When I’m 64

Dont count my vote for 64 lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blakzer:

Viva La Vida and When I’m 64

Flag Post

At 7-3 and 7-1, Coldplay – Viva La Vida and The Beatles – When I’m 64 pass on!

Round 11/12

First up are Raelito and GadgetGeek. Will either of their songs impress you guys?

Uzzbuzz – 8-bit Final Fantasy VIII Liberi Fatali vs. Megadeth – Holy Wars… The Punishment Due

And in this hilarious round, Indy111’s song is up against…Indy111!? That’s how things worked out, it seems. I wonder whose song will pass? :P

Van Halen – Jump vs. Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil – Septette for the Dead Princess

Flag Post

Final Fantasy VIII
Touhou

Flag Post

Final Fantasy
Jump

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Final Fantasy
Jump

Flag Post

Megadeth – Holy Wars… The Punishment Due

and

Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil – Septette for the Dead Princess

Flag Post

In the second matchup, I’ll vote for Jump—in the first matchup, I’m not going to vote.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

In the second matchup, I’ll vote for Jump—in the first matchup, I’m not going to vote.

Do you still have any songs?

Flag Post

With votes of 4-2 and 3-2, Uzzbuzz – 8-bit Final Fantasy VIII Liberi Fatali and Van Halen – Jump pass on! Did you guys expect Indy’s song to make it? I sure didn’t! :P

Round 13/14

Both the songs this round were nominated early in the nomination thread. Huh. Anyway, I present to you, valued voter, songs from T6salt and blakzer!

MGMT – Time To Pretend vs. Xenoblade Chronicles – Unfinished Battle

In the other half of today’s show, blakzer performs an encore to be judged against a song from Raelito.

Golden Sun – Doom Dragon Battle vs. Uzzbuzz – 8-bit Final Fantasy VI Blackjack Theme

Flag Post

Yeah, my top song, “One Headlight” by The Wallflowers, made it through.

Why?

Flag Post

Two of mine this time. Should be kinda obvious which ones I’m voting for, but I’ll just tell you all anyway (besides, I don’t think my votes will be counted unless I outright state them).

Xenoblade Chronicles – Unfinished Battle
Golden Sun – Doom Dragon Battle

The RNG is a rather fickle thing, isn’t it?

Flag Post

MGMT and Golden Sun

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

MGMT and Golden Sun

Flag Post

Next time, I want game soundtracks to be completely removed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blakzer:

(besides, I don’t think my votes will be counted unless I outright state them).

Rest assured, I do automatically count a person’s vote for a song if it was their own nomination. The only exception would be in a case like last round where both songs were from the same person.

Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Next time, I want game soundtracks to be completely removed.

Interestingly enough, another forum that has this game (where I got the idea from, actually) just recently had a user suggesting the exact same thing. Slightly different in that case, though, where it was their third tournament (and the first two were actually limited to game music only). In any case, we’ll see what happens when we finish this one.

…Though, I don’t know if there will be enough interest for another one. Today only had votes of 3-1 and 2-1, for MGMT – Time To Pretend and Golden Sun – Doom Dragon Battle. Will we even finish this one?

Round 15/16

So, today is the last pair of matchups for Round 2. It is also the last pair of matchups we’ll have. Starting tomorrow, we’re back to 1/day.

To begin, we have racefan’s last song (one whose existence was brought into question somewhat) against one from FelineForumer.

The Wallflowers – One Headlight vs. silence – Olive Rogue

And to end the Round, TrophyMaster and eProdigy go up.

Animals – House Of The Rising Sun vs. Jason Mraz – 93 Million Miles

Flag Post

I’d like to see another one of these, or maybe another two. One for only game music, one excluding game music.

silence – Olive Rogue
Jason Mraz – 93 Million Miles

Flag Post

I would also like to see another round. It’s pretty fun to discover new music and see what others’ tastes in music are.

Flag Post

One Headlight

House of the Rising Sun

Flag Post

Ooh, now this is a tough one.

Vote: 93 Million Miles

Flag Post

Xenoblade Chronicles was the one I least wanted to continue onwards, so I’m still fine, just with 2/3 Life in this competition.

Olive Rogue
House of the Rising Sun

Flag Post
Originally posted by UZZBUZZ:

One Headlight

House of the Rising Sun

Flag Post

hi, ok cool idea. I like music. vote one headlight and 93 million miles both catchy, ha.