Musical Fanfare! [Closed] (locked)

477 posts

Flag Post

Hello again, and welcome to the voting thread of Musical Fanfare! Before we begin, I’d like to offer my condolences to WiiPlayer113’s third song, Mason Jennings – Train Leaving Grey, which was kicked out before we began.

In any case, allow me to explain how this thread is going to work. Every day, two songs are going to be up for vote. You may vote for one or the other. You may not vote for a song not in the current bracket. You can announce your vote by bolding it, as shown. Don’t PM it to me, because it won’t be counted. If one of the songs up for vote is yours, you will already be considered as having voted for it, but you may vote for the other song if you so choose. You may not change your vote once it has been cast. At the end of the day, the song with the fewer votes shall be eliminated, and the other shall move on. Should you have any questions or wish me to clarify anything, feel free to ask.

Some things I already forgot to mention.
1) Anyone may vote in any round. You do not need to have a nomination up to vote. Nor do you need to feel obligated to vote every day.
2) Remember that musical tastes are subjective. Someone may like a song that you absolutely despise. Don’t start a flame war over it.
3) Tied votes shall be resolved by sudden death. The round will continue into next, but the very next person to vote on that round (having not already voted for the round) shall decide the winner.

Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

Slight rule change from here on, folks. In the interest of ending this game before February, until the end of the second Round, there will now be two pairs of songs going up for vote at the same time. You may cast one vote in each pairing.

Bracket (Will be updated daily)

The End

Flag Post

Round 1

Let’s kick things off here with a song from RokRokRok against a song from HumbleBee!

Disgaea 3 – Opening Video vs. Al Bowlly – Guilty

Flag Post

Oh, I forgot to mention. This round will end on 12/14/12 at approximately 11:00 PM CST (GMT -6). Every subsequent round will last approximately 24 hours.

Flag Post

I vote Guilty – Al Bowlly

DUN DUN DUN

Flag Post

Disgaea 3 Opening Video, of course.

Flag Post

Well, neither one is exactly for my taste, and it’s hard to compare two completely different types/styles of music that serve a different purpose and are almost nothing like each other. However, judging from a slightly objective viewpoint, the Disgaea song was composed of many more elements that were clearly arranged in a much more complicated way to give you that feeling of chaos that it’s supposed to emit, as opposed to Guilty, which had a calm, classy feel to it – one of those songs that make you imagine yourself in an old room with a yellow, floral-pattern wallpaper and a dusty record player in the corner, with one of those big ancient black records filling the room with music. It paints a picture, but as a composition, I think I prefer the chaotic one, simply because it sounds like it had more effort put into it.
So,
Disgaea 3 – Opening Video
Thank you for your attention.

Flag Post

I love all disgaea games fiveever so Disgaea 3 – Opening Video
#bias

Flag Post

Disgaea 3 – Opening Video.

It is cute! =3 (Both the game and the song)

Flag Post

Disgaea 3 – Opening Video is more my style.

Flag Post

Disgaea 3’s Openeing Theme was an overlong advertising jingle of no artistic merit whatsoever. The fact that no musician(s) or writer(s) were credited on the page, and that all the comments were about the game itself is very telling. Guilty wasn’t really my thing, but it at least qualifies as music.

Vote for Guilty.

Flag Post

Guilty

Should be something included in Fallout.

edit: Ahahah at round 28. My choice vs my upload, should be fun. :P

Flag Post

Vote for Guilty

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nemiflora:

Well, neither one is exactly for my taste, and it’s hard to compare two completely different types/styles of music that serve a different purpose and are almost nothing like each other. However, judging from a slightly objective viewpoint, the Disgaea song was composed of many more elements that were clearly arranged in a much more complicated way to give you that feeling of chaos that it’s supposed to emit, as opposed to Guilty, which had a calm, classy feel to it – one of those songs that make you imagine yourself in an old room with a yellow, floral-pattern wallpaper and a dusty record player in the corner, with one of those big ancient black records filling the room with music. It paints a picture, but as a composition, I think I prefer the chaotic one, simply because it sounds like it had more effort put into it.
So,
Disgaea 3 – Opening Video
Thank you for your attention.

Simply meshing sound together to create chaos does not mean more effort was put into it and therefore makes the chaotic song better than the classy one.

Originally posted by Raelito:

I love all disgaea games fiveever so Disgaea 3 – Opening Video
#bias

Song is great because you like game. No connection whatsoever.

Originally posted by FelineForumer:

Disgaea 3 – Opening Video.

It is cute! =3 (Both the game and the song)

It’s evident you just think the game is cute.

I do not like either song. But if I had to compare, Guilty is at least viable.

Vote for Guilty

Flag Post

I do not like either song.

This. Vote for Guilty. Something about Disgaea’s song just annoys me.

Flag Post

Please Zzzip… can we keep this civil?

A persons choice is their choice, and they need no specific reason to choose it…

If a person likes chaos, let them.

Flag Post

Vote: Disgaea 3

Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

Please Zzzip… can we keep this civil?

A persons choice is their choice, and they need no specific reason to choose it…

If a person likes chaos, let them.

I’m only responding to those that either are not judging purely on the song or those that have a weird objective criteria. That’s not civil?

Flag Post

Oh, and I just realized the song then begins a round of Japanese sounds and anime characters :/ Now I completely dislike the song. That sort of thing disgusts me.

On another note, does this even count as a song? It’s just an advertising trailer jingle.

Flag Post

then begins a round of Japanese sounds and anime characters :/ Now I completely dislike the song.

Wut. Am I interpreting this correctly? This sounds incredibly racist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

then begins a round of Japanese sounds and anime characters :/ Now I completely dislike the song.

Wut. Am I interpreting this correctly? This sounds incredibly racist.

No its just the typical Japanese anime sound with those lame drawn characters to look cute. I don’t like it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

On another note, does this even count as a song? It’s just an advertising trailer jingle.

It does, in fact, count as a song. Remember, not all people share your musical tastes.

Flag Post

Sorry, I got a little out of hand unjustly critical this time guys.

Flag Post

Vote: Disgaea.

Flag Post

For reference, this is about the time of night (or day) that I’ll be putting up the new round every night/day. Not doing it this time since the round hasn’t been open for 24 hours.

Flag Post

Vote: Guilty