Musical Fanfare! [Closed] page 4 (locked)

477 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Indy111:

Vote: Iron Maiden – Aces High

I wasn’t a fan of either song especially, but Aces High was what I’d consider general music, the other one…eh…

the other one is ridiculously idiotic of course.

Flag Post

Iron Maiden – Aces High

I didn’t like either, but at least Aces High I didn’t have to close out 1/3 through.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverEvil:

Aces High

Flag Post
Originally posted by KiNGDOMHEARST:

Iron Maiden because the other one is just Gangnam style with retarded lyrics.

Flag Post

Change vote to Iron Maiden. I realized that although the vocals of Iron Maiden and its melody is to me outright horrendous, at least its lyrics have some kind of minimal meaning, or at least connection to each other.

Flag Post

But there’s plenty of great songs with lyrics that make little or no sense:
Too Much Monkey Business by Chuck Berry
Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan
It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by R.E.M.
B.O.B. by Outkast
…Not to mention the poems of Lewis Carroll & Edward Lear. I’ll grant you that Condom Star is a terrible song, and I’m pretty sure Jask is just trolling us, but it’s not a terrible song because the lyrics make no sense.

Flag Post

I’ll grant you that Condom Star is a terrible song, and I’m pretty sure Jask is just trolling us, but it’s not a terrible song because the lyrics make no sense.

Exactly. The song is clearly meant to be judged as a humorous parody (and not a traditional song)—the singer even compares himself to Weird Al.

Problem is, the parody’s not funny.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

I’ll grant you that Condom Star is a terrible song, and I’m pretty sure Jask is just trolling us, but it’s not a terrible song because the lyrics make no sense.

at least they make sense to Korean people though.

Flag Post

Vote Aces High because Condom Star is just terrible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

But there’s plenty of great songs with lyrics that make little or no sense:
Too Much Monkey Business by Chuck Berry
Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan
It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by R.E.M.
B.O.B. by Outkast
…Not to mention the poems of Lewis Carroll & Edward Lear. I’ll grant you that Condom Star is a terrible song, and I’m pretty sure Jask is just trolling us, but it’s not a terrible song because the lyrics make no sense.

Has there been any songs with lyrics, I hated most all that made no sense. Especially at the point of Condom Star.

But Aces High really sucks though.

It’s actually a touch choice, which one sucks more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Change vote to Iron Maiden. I realized that although the vocals of Iron Maiden and its melody is to me outright horrendous, at least its lyrics have some kind of minimal meaning, or at least connection to each other.

Sorry for taking a while to reply, but I should let you know you can’t change your vote. From the OP:

Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

You may not change your vote once it has beeen cast.

Flag Post

Sorry for being a half hour late. Anyway, with a vote of 10-5, Iron Maiden – Aces High trumps its competition!

Round 5

Today, Zzzip50’s last song is pitted against devourer359’s first! Will devourer get two songs to the next round? That’s up to you!

Billy Joel – For The Longest Time vs. Touhou 12: Unidentified Fantastic Object – At the End of Spring

Flag Post

It is a hard choice, but I have to go with…

Billy Joel – For The Longest Time

Flag Post

Touhou 12: Unidentified Fantastic Object – At the End of Spring

Flag Post

touhou

Flag Post

Oh god, this is a tough choice. I love all of Billy Joel’s songs and most of the Touhou soundtrack.
I’ll go with For The Longest Time since it’s a childhood favorite.

Flag Post

Never really liked Billy Joel, but that wasn’t bad. Still the usual problems (too much sheen and not enough bottom, too many words and not enough truth) but I like the way he applies a k.i.s.s. philosophy for once.

The computer game music wasn’t bad either. It bounced and swirled, but never quite trancended. Probably it would have managed it if I was actually playing the computer game at the same time, but it ultimately took too long to go not very far.

Vote for For The Longest Time

Flag Post

I guess you vote your own songs as Jask did it without punishment..

Vote: For the Longest Time

Flag Post

To be honest, this is tough but, Billy Joel gets my vote.

Flag Post

I was listening to Billy Joel and thought “Wow, this song is pretty good.” then I played the Touhou 12 song and thought “…Nevermind.”

Vote: Unidentified Fantastic Object – At the End of Spring

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

I guess you vote your own songs as Jask did it without punishment..

Vote: For the Longest Time

If one of the songs up for vote is yours, you will already be considered as having voted for it

And I was this close to nominating a Billy Joel song for this game.

Vote: For The Longest Time

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Touhou 12: Unidentified Fantastic Object – At the End of Spring

Flag Post

For The Longest Time

Flag Post

Who knows how much further we’ll go on
Maybe I’ll be sorry when you’re gone
I’ll take my chances
I forgot how nice romance is
I haven’t been there for the longest time…

My favorite verse in my song :D

Flag Post

Touhou