[Setup Revised][SIGN UP TO GET CAKE] The Blessings of Love

22 posts

Flag Post

My final exam starts in May, but the deadlines of my internal assessments and essay fall on January.

This may easily become my swan song.

Anti-ninja ion cannon is offline, and I would like take one million reserves, please.

RFLCOPTER

Flag Post

saign ;0

Flag Post

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Conrinthians 11:11 (NIV)

Roles

Mafia Lovers
Mafia Lovers with Town Partners
Town Lovers

3 groups of lovers are prohibited from PMing each other.

Signs

Zeroth: AdeebNafees
First: Jaskaran2000
Second:
Third:
Fourth:
Fifth:
Sixth:
Seventh:
Eighth:
Ninth:
Decth:
Elth:

Role PMs

Mafia:

Welcome to the Blessings of Love, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Lover, along with your mafia partner, [Player Name] and [Player Name]. You are also a Lover with [Player Name].

Abilities:

Factional communication: At any time during the game you may PM your partner.
Lover’s Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
Lover chat: You may PM anytime during the game with your Lover.

Win condition:

You win when you control 50% of the town.

Town Lovers, not quarreling:

Welcome to the Blessings of Love, [Player Name]. You are a Town-aligned Lover with [Player Name].

Abilities:

Lover’s Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
You do not know your partner’s alignment.
Lover chat: You may PM anytime during the game with your Lover.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Town, quarreling:

Welcome to the Blessings of Love, [Player Name]. You are quarreling with your Lover,[Player Name].

Abilities:

Quarreling: You may not PM your lover.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Flag Post

Rules

1. You must vote like this: Vote [insert username here]. Bolded, and clear in any way. Same for the unvoting: Unvote [insert person I’m voting now here]. If you decide not to vote, post this in bolded font: No vote. You can only vote a new person if you unvote. Also, you must not bold anything in your posts apart from those mentioned above. I’m sorry, but this rule is here to make my job easier.

2. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread with anyone unless your role PM specifically states that you may do so, and then only with the person or people specified in your role PM.

3. Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. The only thing you can type is a “bah” post. “Bah” posts may not contain ANY information relating to this game—a violation of this will result in a ban from my next forum game.

4. This game is nightless.

5. The days will finish regardless of how many people have voted. People who don’t post vote [username] or no vote are subject to modkill at the end of the day.

6. If you aren’t part of the game, please don’t post in the thread.

7. This isn’t as much of a rule as advice. Don’t bandwagon if you are suspicious of someone else.

8. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. [In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).]

9. No alts. If I find out you are using alts, you will lose my respect, as well as the ability to join any future games I make. And I will refer to you as Cheatroach for the rest of my life.

Dec. Obvious rule is obvious: this is a game, so if you die here, you don’t die in RL. Same goes for killing.

El. If there’s a tie in the votes, the player which got the most votes first will get lynched.

10. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. If I consider your lurking or inactivity to disrupt game flow, you may be replaced, or if a replacement isn’t found, modkilled. You must let me know through PM if you are not going to have a computer available for the duration of multiple phases.

11. Day phases will last for seven RL days (120 hours) (168 hours in base 10). No more, no less.

12. You must vote every day in order to stay in the game.

13. Presenting any kind of copies of private mod messages (pictures, word-to-word copies) is highly prohibited.

Please read these rules very carefully. They are different from Bluji’s.

Flag Post

The Log of Death

It’s empty, yay!

Flag Post

Brotip: Mention the number of Reserves you need in your R4L.

Questions galore. Sign, of course.

1) Do the mafia lovers function like normal lovers? Do they know that they are connected to each other? By the process of deduction, thus, can they know who the Forbidden Lover in their team is?

2) Do the Forbidden Lovers know who they are? That’d be a really interesting twist, if they do, since both teams would want the Forbidden Lovers dead.

3) Do mafia have a factional NK? With 10 players, and assuming an NK, 3 scum will need only a total of four phases to completely obliterate town. That means that town will get to direct only two lynches. I have a feeling that scum don’t have a factional NK, but just making sure.

4) Do Unloving Lovers know their role descriptions completely? What prevents them from claiming the moment their counterpart dies (no one can counterclaim them safely).

5) In fact, what stops a massclaim in this game (except the Forbidden Lovers, probably)? If you want a suggestion, how about having it so that only the mentioned roles can be in the game, but you don’t reveal the exact number of that role in the game i.e a semi-open game?

Flag Post

Sign.

I know it’s you, Jask.

How. The. F. (will delete it afterwards when it’s not considered spam anymore)

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Brotip: Mention the number of Reserves you need in your R4L.

Questions galore. Sign, of course.

1) Do the mafia lovers function like normal lovers? Do they know that they are connected to each other? By the process of deduction, thus, can they know who the Forbidden Lover in their team is?

2) Do the Forbidden Lovers know who they are? That’d be a really interesting twist, if they do, since both teams would want the Forbidden Lovers dead.

3) Do mafia have a factional NK? With 10 players, and assuming an NK, 3 scum will need only a total of four phases to completely obliterate town. That means that town will get to direct only two lynches. I have a feeling that scum don’t have a factional NK, but just making sure.

4) Do Unloving Lovers know their role descriptions completely? What prevents them from claiming the moment their counterpart dies (no one can counterclaim them safely).

5) In fact, what stops a massclaim in this game (except the Forbidden Lovers, probably)? If you want a suggestion, how about having it so that only the mentioned roles can be in the game, but you don’t reveal the exact number of that role in the game i.e a semi-open game?

Q1-4 is answered by reading the sample role PMs and the rules.

I would like you to explain more on question 5.

Flag Post

Q1-4 is answered by reading the sample role PMs and the rules.

I see.

I would like you to explain more on question 5.

The fact that everyone is in pairs makes this a really easy mafia to massclaim in.

1) D1. Quarreling Lovers roleclaim. This claim is easily verified by lynching any one of them, but that’s unnecessary since no one is going to counterclaim anyway (since there are only 2 pair of Quarreling Lovers). To boot, scum wouldn’t dare to claim Quarreling Lovers, since even if the number of Quarreling Lovers wasn’t known, lynching all claimed pairs would be safe policy lynches (since only one person would die if they were really quarreling).

That takes 4 people completely out of the lynch pool. Scum can win, now, only if the next 3 lynches fall on town (in a 12P game with 3 scum, scum win if they get to 6P without losing a number. Since most roles in this game are connected, they need less lynches to get there).

2) D1. True Lovers (along with the False Lovers) claim. This is an interesting bit of massclaiming, since the lovers can verify each other. This, IMHO, is the best falseclaim for scum, but even then, it is dangerous. With there being definitely 2 pairs of True Lovers and two pairs of False Lovers, 5 pairs will set off red signals. Let’s call these pairs A, B, C, D and E. On D1, town lynches pair A. Let’s say A is a True Lover pair.

Town:Scum = 7:3
Confirmed Town = 4

If A was a False Lover pair, lynching one would clear the other:

Town:Scum = 8:3
Confirmed Town = 5

Now, they have to choose between lynching pair B, C, D and E. While we can always think of a perfect world where scum get town to lynch themselves, it mightn’t work out. Even then, if town lynches wrongly, and lynches True Lovers:

Scene 1

Town:Scum = 5:3
Confirmed Town = 4 (lynched True Lovers in the previous lynch)

Scene 2

Town:Scum = 5:3
Confirmed Town = 5 (lynched False Lovers in the previous lynch)

If lynching False Lovers:

Scene 3

Town:Scum = 6:3
Confirmed Town = 5 (If lynched True Lovers in the previous lynch)

Scene 4

Town:Scum = 7:3
Confirmed Town = 6 (If lynched False Lovers in the previous lynch)

In all scenarios, the number of Confirmed town exceeds the number of scum in the game. In other words, scum can’t win.

The only way I can think of that can solve this problem is by not announcing the number of specific pairs in the game (or whether they are even in the game in the first place). That will make this less numerical and more logical as you try to deduce whether someone is lying about their role.

Flag Post

Now, Adeeb, the False Lovers are removed. I don’t think massclaim is plausible since two mislynches will send the town to the heaven. In fact, the town will be in LyLo if a townie is lynched in D1.

Flag Post

Since probability states that a townie WILL be lynched D1, the game is broken because LyLo on D1 is a very good game for the mafia.

Assuming nobody makes any scumslips, most likely the lynch will be picked at random. If this happens, simple mathematics state that the mafia will win.

Flag Post

Not a big fan of the new setup.

Quarreling Lovers can still claim D1, lowering the number of lynch-able townies from 7 to 5.

Other Quarreling Lovers can also claim D1, lowering the number of lynch-able townies from 5 to 3.

Long story short, the number of confirmed townies is now 4, which is more than the number of scum in the game.

Honestly, I have looked through this nearly four times, and I can only think of a handful of solutions. Listing them in decreasing order of usefulness:

1) Make the setup semi-open.
2) Make it so Quarreling Lovers don’t know that they are quarreling.
3) Remove Quarreling Lovers entirely, and introduce a lot of False Lovers and stuff and increase the number of players to 12/14 (14 is better).
4) Make it so no one knows who their lover is, with the exception of the Scum lovers (that includes the Forbidden Lover).

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Since probability states that a townie WILL be lynched D1, the game is broken because LyLo on D1 is a very good game for the mafia.

Assuming nobody makes any scumslips, most likely the lynch will be picked at random. If this happens, simple mathematics state that the mafia will win.

No. Assuming the mafia loses when the mafia lovers are lynched, my tree diagram tells me that the winning rate is 50/50.

This game should have no problem by now. Please sign. Please sign. We welcome everyone.

Flag Post

Idea stolen by you without even credit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Idea stolen by you without even credit.

Not half-open. Semi-open. You can check the mafiascum wiki if you want to know the difference.

Flag Post

You can check the mafiascum wiki if you want to know the difference.

Still didn’t give the idea thinker’s credit.

Flag Post

8 slots left.

Flag Post

OMG!!!!

YOU DIDNT GIVE THE INVENTOR OF FGF CREDIT WHEN YOU MADE YOUR MAFIA. AND THE INVENTOR OF MAFIAS AND THE INVENTOR OF WORD PROCESSORS AND THE INVENTOR OF KONGREGATE AND THE INVENTOR OF THE WORLD111!!!!!!!!!!

We use things without giving credit every day. Semi-open constitutes like 10% of mafias on mafiascum.net and nobody gives credit.

Flag Post

The set-up is now properly revised into a semi-open setup. Please join!

Flag Post

Jask and Adeeb, please have a cake first.

Flag Post

*Receives Cake*

Thank yee :D

Flag Post

Sign. gobbles up the entire cake