[Mafia] Shattered Soul (Finished) page 5 (locked)

321 posts

Flag Post

I already voted SS. You guys are just busy FoSing each other and masturbating.

Flag Post

Meh, I’ll “play” until you can find a replacement for me.

Flag Post

Uhh, considering activity has pretty much died out, maybe we could go onto Night 1?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Uhh, considering activity has pretty much died out, maybe we could go onto Night 1?

DragonArcherZ is quite right. The discussion is not getting anywhere, and little activity seems to stem from the one-post-per-week rule. Since about two days are left until the week’s end, I’ve sent modprods to everyone except woon (who is getting replaced anyway) and dragonarcher (who posted more recently that anyone else.)

If the thread does still not get a discussion going and dies again, I will probably end the day (a 24-hour notice will be given first in accordance with the rules, of course.)

Flag Post

[Insert mandatory post here]

Anyways, here’s what I think is wrong with FGF right now: People are too focused on FoS.

In the old FGF, people put more emphasis on voting, now people are putting more on FoS. Neither of these are the best environment to promote the healthiest amount of activity. With the introduction of FoS (happened when I was on a hiatus I believe), people are becoming more and more passive. In the majority of the games I played, I’ve seen countless of people posting “voting him/her is bad blah blah blah” and FoS the person who voted. While it is okay to defend someone, many people are getting the message that we should never lynch until we find a precise evident on someone. That rarely happens (and we all probably know the few people who want to act like a scum).

What I’m suggesting is that people who FoS like 50 times a game and rarely vote need to vote more often. And people who lurks and don’t do anything need to step it up and vote, even if it’s just your gut feeling (still has to be based on other posts to some extent). No lynch is stupid and we need to stop promoting it. Even if it could be used for legitimate strategy, 90% of the people just aren’t voting because they couldn’t find perfect evidences.

An analogy if you’ve to write a timed DBQ: You don’t have time to write a perfect essay. You use the resources you’re given to come up with a statement corresponding to the prompt. You can’t just bail out because you don’t have enough time.

In a mafia game, just use what you have and vote accordingly. A weak vote is weak, but it is better than nothing. We need to find a balance between just FoSing and voting.

Flag Post

Vara, could we get a vote count?

(Hyped)

Here comes Mr. Lurker.

Please explain your opinion on the discussion, which consisted of more than random voting and FoSing. There’s plenty to comment on, and I don’t see how you could summarize everything into a post that limited. In addition, please offer your opinion on Jask’s actions and why he did what he did.

(CowFriend)

Anyways, here’s what I think is wrong with FGF right now: People are too focused on FoS.

I stick by my past opinion that the uses of FoS is not the problem. Regardless of whether people FoS, what they truly lack is the will to do anything substantial. Barely any posts consist of scumhunting, or even an attempt at doing so. If people would actually scumhunt, the presence of FoS’s would be negligible.

While it is okay to defend someone, many people are getting the message that we should never lynch until we find a precise evident on someone.

This is interesting, and unlike solely placing FoSing as a scapegoat, I can see this as plausible. And if anyone actually believes this, I would like to say that this isn’t a message that they should be taking to heart. Instead of searching for precise evidence, one should search for the most suspicious person, regardless of the amount of evidence. As long as it doesn’t end Day early (which isn’t even something we should be considering by now, as activity has slowed to a halt), voting is a legit move as long as it has at least some smidge of evidence associated with it. And even if it wasn’t, just about anything is better than idling and doing nothing.

Similarly, anyone idling because they’re scared of being lynched needs to get rid of that mentality. Whether or not you’re lynched is negligible when your inactivity is one of the very things that causes a game to die. And when a game dies, the fear of losing it is negligible.

What I’m suggesting is that people who FoS like 50 times a game and rarely vote need to vote more often. And people who lurks and don’t do anything need to step it up and vote, even if it’s just your gut feeling (still has to be based on other posts to some extent).

Wholeheartedly agreeing with this.

No lynch is stupid and we need to stop promoting it.

Except it isn’t promoted. In fact, it has been attacked multiple times.

Flag Post

I stick by my past opinion that the uses of FoS is not the problem.

I’m not saying FoS is the cause, I’m saying that people are overusing it and not using votes effectively.

Flag Post

Except it isn’t promoted. In fact, it has been attacked multiple times.

No lynch is when GM ends day phase without a lynch. You don’t know how many time I’ve seen this happen. If players don’t vote (intentional or not), no one’s getting lynched.

Flag Post

Explain my opinion? I didn’t even have much of an opinion. If anything, I was pointing out obvious things. Even if there are plenty things to comment on. Why comment on them when someone already said the same thing.

Jask’s actions? Action of quitting? IDK, maybe because he never really like Mafia games. Or maybe he just didn’t like this one. I’m not Jask. You gonna have to ask him yourself, but you can’t since he’s outta the game.

I agree with CowFriend actually. Forget FoS’ing people. Just vote and hope for the best.

And since I don’t like questions. Vote: Devourer359 FoS me if you want. Let’s see where that gets you.

Vote Count would be appreciated.

Flag Post

Questions are the ways to answers, Hyped. Refusing to answer it is like giving less leeway to get sniped/hole in your story etc., and it gives us less information.

FoS Hyped.

Answer the questions.

Flag Post

Well, I’m here. I just don’t know what to say, sorry.

Flag Post

(Hyped)

Explain my opinion? I didn’t even have much of an opinion. If anything, I was pointing out obvious things.

I’m not talking about the opinion in your post, which reeked of posting for the sake of posting. I’m referring to your opinion on players and the previous discussion.

Why comment on them when someone already said the same thing.

I find it impossible that you don’t hold a stance on any players. Commenting on small tidbits and commenting your opinions of players are separate things, despite my ambiguous wording.

You gonna have to ask him yourself, but you can’t since he’s outta the game.

I want your opinion, not a collection of possibilities.

FoS me if you want. Let’s see where that gets you.

You’re forgetting that I already have a vote on you and treating me as if I’m against the concept of voting. And by avoiding questions and simply voting me in retaliation, you’re looking ridiculously scummy. It’s impossible to form an opinion on your faction without any of your opinions/stances. By refusing to talk and dodging questions, you’re deliberately making yourself unreadable, which a townie has no reason to do. My vote stays.

(adv0)

Just in case you missed this:

“Starting off, it would be nice for you to reveal your stances on certain players, especially your opinion on the actions of Bluji, although miniscule.”

Please respond.

Flag Post

Important Announcement

Woon1957 has been replaced by Behemoth542.

Vote count:

• Hyped: 2 votes;
  • SilverEvil: 1 vote;
  • devourer359: 1 vote.

Voting scheme:

AdeebNafees → Hyped
CowFriend → SilverEvil
devourer359 → Hyped
Hyped → devourer359

Flag Post
I find it impossible that you don’t hold a stance on any players. Commenting on small tidbits and commenting your opinions of players are separate things, despite my ambiguous wording.

He didn’t say he didn’t have a stance, he just said someone else on this thread has the exact same stance.

But yeah, I just wanted to post so everyone knows I’m actually here. I’ve read through up to Vara’s announcement that I replaced Bluji. I don’t really have anything to add at this time, though.
Well, I’m here. I just don’t know what to say, sorry.

Uhh, I’m not sure how there’s so little to post about. Hyped for example. Opinion?

Unvote twistedcake
Vote Silver for not contributing to anything else except the obvious.

Silver lurks for the whole time and he comes out once to vote. That kind of shows he IS watching the thread, just not posting. Posting helps us scumhunt…unless he doesn’t want to do anything productive? Admit it, this vote has some merit when you think about it.

Vote SilverEvil

Flag Post

(DAZ)

He didn’t say he didn’t have a stance, he just said someone else on this thread has the exact same stance.

No opinion = no stance.
As for having a stance and not revealing it, that’s extraordinarily scummy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

(DAZ)

No opinion = no stance.
As for having a stance and not revealing it, that’s extraordinarily scummy.

Second statement:

Why comment on them when someone already said the same thing.

Read it again.

Flag Post

While I really don’t know what we’re arguing for or about, he claims that he hasn’t noticed any tells:

But since there’s really nothing I see viable enough to consider a Scumtell, I’ll say that anyone could be scum

As for your quote, comments and stances are different. A stance on a player is an opinion about a player’s likelihood to be town/scum. A comment on a quote is completely different. He claims that he has no opinions on any players; therefore, he’s claiming that he has no stances.

Flag Post

No what he’s saying is he has comments, but he’s not revealing them because they’ve already been said. So it’s “like” he has no stance when he does; but doesn’t publicly reveal it/hidden agenda.

Flag Post

First of all, you need to clarify what you’re arguing for and why you’re arguing for it. What are you trying to prove?

I asked for his stance, and his response was that his comments have already been said by others. While my wording may have been ambiguous and confusing, the fact remains that he avoided offering his opinion. Imo, you’re focusing too much on one statement.

So it’s “like” he has no stance when he does; but doesn’t publicly reveal it/hidden agenda.

Wut. So you’re agreeing with me now?

Flag Post

Boo

At last I finished reading everything that was going on. I’ll be also voting SilverEvil because, as DragonArcherZ and don’trememberwhoitwas (think that CowFriend, but too lazy to look back again), he never contributed anything useful and he was/is lurking all this time.

Anyway, if anyone has something to ask me, just ask it.

Oh, and how do you do the mini quotes?

Flag Post

I avoided nothing. I answered your questions. Just not the way you wanted them answer.

lolwut. my b. i do a mesed up. mayb i clearfy misef.

I do has stance, just that the stance has already been said. Let’s say I said my stance. It may provoke one of you to make a premature FoS which could lead to a bandwagon on me. Which is something I don’t want, since I want to win and all.

But i didn’t say me stance. Which IS extremely scummy. let’s say I was scum. why would I post something that seems so scummy. Why self-sabotage myself like that.

I thought i could just not state my position onto topic so scum doesn’t aim for me. You guys are probably thinking “BUT U R SCUM. OMG U SCUM.” lolwut. maybe i want to play mafia different way.

inb4 moar bandwagon on me.

(As you guys can tell. I’m is trying to make this more entertaining for meself and hopefully sum of u guise. omglol)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Boo

At last I finished reading everything that was going on. I’ll be also voting SilverEvil because, as DragonArcherZ and don’trememberwhoitwas (think that CowFriend, but too lazy to look back again), he never contributed anything useful and he was/is lurking all this time.

Oh, and how do you do the mini quotes?

lulz i liek this scummy bandwagon attempt. Unvote: Devourer359 Vote: Behemoth542

Flag Post

Hyped, you reveal your stance because it helps scumhunt…

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Hyped, you reveal your stance because it helps scumhunt…

So, I reveal stance. My stance is same as a scum. Now the scum knows that I have a similar mindset as scum. Now scum doesn’t have to NK me for a while and can NK someone else who disagreed with them. So yes. I reveal stance, it helps the Scum Hunt for other people.

Flag Post

(Behemoth)

Cool. I’ll ask the same thing I’m asking everyone. What are your stances on some players (whether or not they’re likely to be town/scum) and opinion on the previous discussion?

(Hyped)

I avoided nothing. I answered your questions. Just not the way you wanted them answer.

Which is the same thing as dodging the question. When someone asks you what color the sky currently is, the correct answer is not “The color of the sky is the color of the sky”.

I do has stance, just that the stance has already been said.

I hate this mentality so [redacted] much. When townies have it, it’s what causes mafias to die. Without your stance, we have no idea what your opinion is; without your opinion, we have no reads on whether you are town or mafia and nowhere for discussion to go. If you want to win, you should promote activity instead of killing it. And do you truly believe that a single FoS could lead to your death and that it is impossible for you to defend against it?

Which IS extremely scummy. let’s say I was scum. why would I post something that seems so scummy. Why self-sabotage myself like that.

It’s WIFOM, in that you’re so suspicious that you can’t be suspicious. At least, that’s what the intention for scum would be. In reality, it’s a null tell because of that very WIFOM. Regardless of the outcome, effectively used, a scum without an established meta (you) could use this as a viable strategy.

But there’s the point that you admit that you’ve created that WIFOM on purpose. And creating WIFOM on purpose is scummy, as it is deliberately confusing town. In other words, you’re either a VI or a SI, and your post, with the excuses and overdefensiveness, screams SI to me. In addition, you happen to be the replacement for Jaskaran, who was acting like scum by avoiding questions, which reinforces my leaning towards SI.