[Mafia] Shattered Soul (Finished) page 2 (locked)

321 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Shouldn’t you be adding players as they come in the Players section?

I used to do so, but I realized it was quite pointless. The hosts are not up-to-date with the players who have signed up for their games, so I always ended up counting the signatures myself when signing up to games. I’ve counted the signatures multiple times here, and I’m sure there are nine players.

For example, I could register player 1-9, but then player 10 could sign up before I check the thread again. Thereafter, layer 11 sees the thread and thinks there is a spot left and signs up too. I’d have to disappoint player 11.

I was going to fill in the player list once the game starts; making a list earlier could be misleading.

Flag Post

Final bump before the game starts; one spot left.

If this thread drowns again without getting the tenth player, the game will start anyway with one less doctor (5/2/2 instead of 5/3/2). And AN will get angry at me for using “I’m minimizing rule modifications.” against him and thereafter changing the rules before the game even started.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vara:

Final bump before the game starts; one spot left.

If this thread drowns again without getting the tenth player, the game will start anyway with one less doctor (5/2/2 instead of 5/3/2). And AN will get angry at me for using “I’m minimizing rule modifications.” against him and thereafter changing the rules before the game even started.

SIGN phew just in time too.

Flag Post

Day 1, dawn

There’s no story today because absolutely nothing has happened since the introduction story—nothing other than a couple of archeologists being obsessed about some skeletons anyway. However, granddad has promised there will be a story for the night ^^

Random quote:
How frail the human heart must be—
a mirrored pool of thought.
” ~Sylivia Plath

The roles have been distributed according to the will of Sir Trollface the RNG.

To get the discussion started, here’s a protip: “Among all players whose username starts with a capital letter, there is at least one corrupted archeologist.”

Flag Post

yoloconfirmed

Flag Post

Confirm.

Flag Post

Role Confirmedededededededededededededed

Flag Post

Woo nearly forgot about this confirmed.

Flag Post

Confirmation Nation

Flag Post

Confirm.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Confirm.

Flag Post

So guys. What are you thinking?

Flag Post

Confirmed by 1461!

Flag Post

Discussion has yet to be started, unless, of course, this is considered discussion. What I think who is scum will be purely based on a random thought. I do not wish to have a Joke phase in this mafia, for it is senseless, and I am against it, as you might know. A RNG start should do it, because I have paranoia that someone will actually be hiding a vote within it (this applies to the joke phase too), so yeah. I won’t do it, due to people being suspicious on me for doing it in mafias and voting me, which is followed by me OMGUSing. So, would be appreciated if someone were to start a questionaire (perhaps devourer?).

Flag Post

Role confirmed

“Among all players whose username starts with a capital letter, there is at least one corrupted archeologist.”

Wonder if anyone else is tempted to lynch devourer to check if Vara is trying to reverse-psycho us.

(DAZ)

So guys. What are you thinking?

What be you thinking, bro’her?

(Jask)

A RNG start should do it, because I have paranoia that someone will actually be hiding a vote within it (this applies to the joke phase too), so yeah.

Hmm. Why so paranoid?

I won’t do it, due to people being suspicious on me for doing it in mafias and voting me, which is followed by me OMGUSing.

Overly defensive much? Nothing like that has happened in this game.

Vote: Jaskaran2000 because not only is the voice in my head telling me to do so, but I also think that he is fishy with his overly defensive play :o

Flag Post

(Jask)

A RNG start should do it, because I have paranoia that someone will actually be hiding a vote within it

And would that be a bad thing? If there’s a hidden vote, wouldn’t the objective be to find it?

So, would be appreciated if someone were to start a questionaire (perhaps devourer?).

I’m not sure why this needs to be said, as I almost always do so. My confirm was late at night, which is why I didn’t create one then.

(Adeeb)

Wonder if anyone else is tempted to lynch devourer to check if Vara is trying to reverse-psycho us.

FoS Adeeb for implying that this would be a good lynch. Note that Vara’s statement said “at least one”, meaning that it’s a null tell in all directions. While I normally wouldn’t FoS someone for pointing this out, I doubt that you would make such a terrible townie. And it doesn’t seem like good bait, a discussion starter, or a joke to me. With activity as it typically is and sheep as they typically are, baiting with this would pull negligible results. And if it was just a discussion starter or a joke, you wouldn’t imply that you were willing to test a lynch yourself. Furthermore, as a scum, it wouldn’t be such a bad decision to make as you are not creating suspicion yourself, coercing others to look for it instead.

but I also think that he is fishy with his overly defensive play :o

It makes perfect sense though, giving the responses that have been given to him in countless other mafias. Jask starting an RQS has almost always ended up with him being attacked for being Jask. I don’t see why it’s suspicious or warranting of a vote for him to attempt to avoid this.

Anyways, RQS time? RQS time. As always, everyone is greatly encouraged to answer this, and those who don’t should be regarded with suspicion. And I’m going to stop being lazy this time and actually change up the questions. And as always, I will answer these later.

1. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?
2. Do you think that RQS is useful? Why or why not?
3. As a townie, do you prioritize your survival or the scumhunt? Why?
4. What do you think WIFOM is (as in a definition)? Please don’t just link me to mafiascum or something.
5. Are night kills reliable sources of evidence?
6. How do you feel about the mafia activity at FGF?
7. Generally, is it worth it to lynch an inactive player? In this mafia, is it worth it to lynch an inactive player?
8. What do you think of Vara’s discussion protip?
9. Are there any players that you are especially watchful/careful of in this mafia?
10. Is paranoia a scumtell?
11. What are your feelings on the Joke Phase?

Flag Post
but I also think he is fishy with his overly defensive play :o

Firstly, he gets attacked no matter how he acts, for the simple reason people hate him. [Other Mafias, The Elimination Game, etc.]. Thus it would make sense that he would be a bit defensive.

Secondly, although I don’t play mafia much, I feel like AdeebNafees isn’t acting like his normal self. He has never done the expression :o in chat…and in the forums either, AFAIK.

1. Yes, yes I will.
2. Not really, at least not at this stage of the game.
3. Eh, well I don’t play too many mafias, but from the way I’ve played in the few I have played in, I guess I prioritise survival; at least I don’t feel like I’m as active as people like Dev/AN in hunting scum.
4. Actually, what is that abbrev…Wine In Front Of Me? So from what I see, it looks like bluffs/double bluffs making it somewhat impossible to work out something. I haven’t seen that abbrev much yet, so forgive me please.
5. Not really unless you had a part to do with it [doctor/cop etc.]. A random person getting NK’d from an outsider’s point of view won’t give too much evidence away.
6. shrugs Not enough experience. I’d say not very active though, since what I see now is commonly discussed is mass inactivity in mafia games.
7. Generally, no, unless he’s not inactive [lurker]. For this mafia, I’d say the same thing; no. There’s a ton of doctors to hit.
8. Useless. Devourer’s the only one without a capital letter, and since it’s RNG’d there’s a very unlikely chance it would have gotten Dev. Besides, since he’s the only one without a capital letter, then we already knew there was at least 1 scum in the capital letters usernames list.
9. AdeebNafees. He’s a close friend but I know he’s very strategic. I’d say another name, but I don’t want to hurt his feelings [though I think we all know who I’m talking about].
10. Not necessarily by itself, but combined with other factors, yes.
11. Again, no experience, but then again you don’t have much information. I’d say it’s sort of stupid, since it achieves nothing, but shrugs.

Flag Post

Secondly, although I don’t play mafia much, I feel like AdeebNafees isn’t acting like his normal self. He has never done the expression :o in chat…and in the forums either, AFAIK.

Adeeb got hacked, obviously.

THEREFORE HE MUST BE SCUM.

Flag Post

[AN]

Why? As you’ve read, it said atleast one, that may or may not include devourer, and using the RNG, the chances are high that a capital letter starting name might’ve gotten chosen, I don’t see why you would want to lynch devourer, what vara stated should be common sense, reverse-psycho and all that shtuff doesn’t fall in this.

Hmm. Why so paranoid?

I know I’ve done it, so anyone else can do it.

Overly defensive much? Nothing like that has happened in this game.

I’ve been voted for, for proposing a questionaire, which usually continues to get me lynched, as you can understand, being town, it would be better to get scum lynched rather than let myself, being a townie, get lynched, which may cause town to lose. I believe it is common sense that nothing like that has happened in this game, however, if I were to do it, it would be a rather likely case, thus I won’t do it.

but I also think that he is fishy with his overly defensive play :o

So, you’re gonna vote for enough reason for a FoS, but not a vote, unlike you. I don’t see how I am “fishy” with my overly defensive play, when I simply want town to win.

[Vote: AdeebNafees] until he provides other reasons than being “overly defensive” and just some voice in his head telling him to do so.

[Devour]

If there’s a hidden vote, wouldn’t the objective be to find it?

Yes, but the chances are that we wouldn’t find it, and would actually blame it on anyone else. I would like to prevent that.

I’m not sure why this needs to be said, as I almost always do so.

I was just declaring that I would not do a RQS, so someone should.

1. How dedicated will you be to this mafia? Are you willing to put in time for activity and to think/interpret posts?

I wouldn’t know, I wish to be dedicated, rest depends on good luck. Yes, I am willing to.

Do you think that RQS is useful? Why or why not?

Yes. It helps to create discussion, which is always a plus side. Not to mention, there have only been two other starts in FGF than RQS start, which I have paranoia of, thus, I find this the best.

As a townie, do you prioritize your survival or the scumhunt? Why?

Do not prioritize any of those, both are equal to me. I would naturally want to find scum and lynch them early so town can win, while surviving so I can attain a win. Basically a 50-50 situation for me.

What do you think WIFOM is (as in a definition)?

www.Jaskmafia.com/definitions/WIFOM

Joking aside,
It’s a wine in front of me case, which means that there is unlimited psychology to what glass can be poisoned (or who is the scum in this group of people), quite frankly, an endless situation in which psychology is involved to think one step farther. Or maybe that’s just me.

Are night kills reliable sources of evidence?

Definitely not. If I were to be scum, I would RNG who to nightkill, and not nightkill someone specifically. However, if possible, I would try and NK a person who’s in an argument with another, just so that person gets the suspicion which eventually leads to a lynch.

How do you feel about the mafia activity at FGF?

I. Hate it. I want to have more discussion so we can scumhunt, instead of people not being dedicated even after signing up, discussion is always good for town, and the current activity of mafias will hardly allow it, is what I think, however, still some discussions could be held, like the one we are currently having.

Generally, is it worth it to lynch an inactive player? In this mafia, is it worth it to lynch an inactive player?

No and no. I know you’re gonna ask me for a reason, so the reason is because they will get modkilled if they don’t stop being inactive, I don’t see why to waste a lynch on such players.

What do you think of Vara’s discussion protip?

Mentioned above in my response to Adeeb, even if not so clearly, it still gives out the point.

Are there any players that you are especially watchful/careful of in this mafia?

Adeeb. Being watchful will help, especially after he has pulled off a move like this.

Is paranoia a scumtell?

wat, no

What are your feelings on the Joke Phase?

I think I’ve mentioned this before, even if not so clearly, please inform me if you want to hear this from me again.

[DAZ]

He has never done the expression :o in chat

Offtopic, but he has. Even though at rare times.

Not really, at least not at this stage of the game.

Why have you given an incomplete answer? The question stated “Why or Why not”, please answer that.

I’d say another name, but I don’t want to hurt his feelings

DAZ, this is a game, please share your opinions properly, it isn’t about having someone feel hurt, it’s about playing with sportsmanship.

He’s a close friend

Why have you felt the need to mention this?

[Cow]

Please answer the questionaire.

Flag Post

As I promised before, I will be as active sas I can this time. Honest.

2. Do you think that RQS is useful? Why or why not?

It’s useful enough to give me a reason to post.

3. As a townie, do you prioritize your survival or the scumhunt? Why?

Survival is essential, so that takes priority.

4. What do you think WIFOM is (as in a definition)? Please don’t just link me to mafiascum or something.

An infinite reverse psychology.

5. Are night kills reliable sources of evidence?

I would think it at least helps, I have to say not everyone shoots randomly.

6. How do you feel about the mafia activity at FGF?

Gone to a point where I’m not the only one horrendously inactive.

7. Generally, is it worth it to lynch an inactive player? In this mafia, is it worth it to lynch an inactive player?

Definitely not, seeing as how small it is.

8. What do you think of Vara’s discussion protip?

Where?

9. Are there any players that you are especially watchful/careful of in this mafia?

Not really.

10. Is paranoia a scumtell?

I have a horrible habit of smiling when I’m telling the truth, and everyone thinks i’m lying. So no.

11. What are your feelings on the Joke Phase?

Shouldn’t even exist.

Flag Post

[Woon]

Where?

This:

“Among all players whose username starts with a capital letter, there is at least one corrupted archeologist.”

A question to woon;

What do you think of Adeeb’s vote on me?

Flag Post

What difference does it make? That statement states the obvious, as mentioned before.

What do you think of Adeeb’s vote on me?

Just one of his many evil plans that he will grandly reveal later in the game.

Flag Post

[Woon]

Just one of his many evil plans that he will grandly reveal later in the game.

Why are you so sure about it? Do you have any idea what this “plan” could be? If so, what?

[AN]

Hmm. Why so paranoid?

That “Hmm” means you must’ve went through some sort of thought process before proposing that question, and as I am obliged to know that thought process, would you be so kind to tell us what was your thought process before proposing that question?

Flag Post

Why are you so sure about it? Do you have any idea what this “plan” could be? If so, what?

Obviously, he has a secret role that give him the power to mind control us and there is actually a secret message in that post, translated to binary to Bangladeshi then directly translated into English

I don’t even…

When AN goes all weirdshit on you, you gotta expect something :|

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:

Obviously, he has a secret role that give him the power to mind control us and there is actually a secret message in that post, translated to binary to Bangladeshi then directly translated into English

I don’t even…

When AN goes all weirdshit on you, you gotta expect something :|

AN going wierdshit = 9 times out of 10 he is scum (I believe.)