[Mafia] Shattered Soul (Finished) page 7 (locked)

321 posts

Flag Post

Gaaaah, I missed your first modprod >.< So sorry for appearing so late.

I went over stuff in the thread, and feel like commenting on these stuff (I could comment on CF’s post about FoS’s in general, but I agree with everything devourer said in his interpretations of the post, so it would be redundant).

(Hyped)

And since I don’t like questions. Vote: Devourer359 FoS me if you want. Let’s see where that gets you.

Don’t like questions? How are you going to get anywhere without questions? Seems like an OMGUS vote to me.

(Adv0)

Well, I’m here. I just don’t know what to say, sorry.

Comment on Jask/CF’s post/Hyped’s vote?

(DAZ)

Silver lurks for the whole time and he comes out once to vote. That kind of shows he IS watching the thread, just not posting. Posting helps us scumhunt…unless he doesn’t want to do anything productive? Admit it, this vote has some merit when you think about it.

He voted?

I could be wrong, but I’ve mostly seen SE being pretty aggressive when he is town. There’s a point in that.

(devourer)

Wut. So you’re agreeing with me now?

What’s your problem with people agreeing with you anyway? :p

(Behemoth)

At last I finished reading everything that was going on. I’ll be also voting SilverEvil because, as DragonArcherZ and don’trememberwhoitwas (think that CowFriend, but too lazy to look back again), he never contributed anything useful and he was/is lurking all this time.

Seems a wee bit hypocritical when you yourself didn’t give out any of your own opinions when voting SE.

(Hyped)

It may provoke one of you to make a premature FoS which could lead to a bandwagon on me.

There is this thing called “defending yourself”. Defensive much?

Which is something I don’t want, since I want to win and all.

As town, you’d want to hunt for scum and worry less about your survival.

let’s say I was scum. why would I post something that seems so scummy. Why self-sabotage myself like that.

A scumslip. Everyone makes mistakes sometime or the other.

I thought i could just not state my position onto topic so scum doesn’t aim for me.

It’s your damn stance. Why will the scum specifically aim for you if you just state that you find one of them suspicious for this and this reason? Won’t that make it stupidly obvious who is scum?

So, I reveal stance. My stance is same as a scum.

Wut. You mean you have a 100% on who is scum and who is not?

So yes. I reveal stance, it helps the Scum Hunt for other people.

Other people being other townies… I am not sure you realize this, but unlike scum, townies are totally dependent on each other when it comes to taking any decisions due to how lynches are decided. If a townie doesn’t co-operate with other townies, he is either a bad townie AKA VI or scum. Neither of those should help you win if you are scum.

(devourer)

And creating WIFOM on purpose is scummy, as it is deliberately confusing town.

Isn’t it a form of defense too? You are basically showing how the point against you can be interpreted in two different ways.

And going further, there are those that NK completely randomly, which throws this logic further off.

Addendum: NKing randomly is extremely common nowadays.

(DAZ)

I honestly believe Hyped isn’t scum, he’s just a VI from the way he acts. He’s not helping our scumhunt, but it’s not like he’s trying to hamper it either.

Is he likelier to be a VI or a scum, considering Jask’s vote before his replacement? I mean, scum status can be inherited, but not VI status.

(Hyped)

So you say that I am scummy because Jask acted scummy.

Well, replacements can sometimes lend you some pretty useful info. Like, in Relationships (though the example might be moot because it was an all townie game), ocelot was so damn scummy that I was almost ready to wagon on him. Then he got replaced by Zzzip, who managed to prove his innocence eventually though he probably broke a rule back there

Point is, devourer isn’t calling you scummy because Jask was scummy. Jask being scummy reinforces the argument against you. Your behavior seriously ranges between a VI and scum, so Jask’s behavior just makes it seem like you are likelier to be scum.

But you say even if I wasn’t scummy you would lynch me.

Wut. Wer. devourer is leading a policy lynch against you?

So couldn’t you be just be avoiding your scumlike actions by questioning me?

I am pretty sure that’s scumhunting. Scum are bound to make scumslips eventually. Asking a lot of sensible questions that make you seem less scummy means that the other guy is lending you the avenues for the questions.

But since I defend myself against scum accusations, that should mean I’m not scum.

Scum would do that too….

Dev is trying to find some solid evidence to make everyone bandwagon me.

If it is ‘solid evidence’, what’s the problem in the bandwagon?

I could be made easy bait for the scum to come out. but I don’t know, only like 1/5 of people are posting.

Ahaha, second bait of the game. Though I was jok

Nvm.

(DAZ)

Did he even mention Jask? Forgive me if I missed it, but I’m pretty sure he never mentioned him.

He did.

(devourer said, earlier)

In addition, you happen to be the replacement for Jaskaran, who was acting like scum by avoiding questions, which reinforces my leaning towards SI.

(devourer)

Silver’s post history makes me reluctant to vote him based solely off of lurking.

I don’t suppose you could quote a coupla examples? I think I only ever played Prison Mafia (which went up in smoke) and Ytivitca (in which he was a Mime) with SE. Oh wait, I played Relationships with him too. But that was a scumless game, so it doesn’t give me a good idea of SE’s posting history.

All in all, you’re acting suspiciously defensive.

Maybe that’s how he normally acts? :p

Why bait in a way that does not even attempt to discriminate between scum and town?

Hear hear.

(Hyped)

I could reverse the position but that would be a waste of time for him and for me

Huh? You can reverse the position?

As it’s not even helping the fact that we’re not exactly getting anywhere. At least I’m think we’re not getting anywhere.

Okay, I am curious enough to ask you now. Do you think devourer is scum?

Since I’m assuming we’re both on the same team.

Why?

I post vaguely to see Dev’s reactions.

Didn’t you say:

I don’t want to get lynched.

How does acting vaguely help anyone?

(DAZ)

Also, who here is normally active in mafias and is not very active? That might provide some interesting discussion; I’m afraid I don’t have much info.

I am usually pretty active, but I thought this game had died and missed the first modprod.

(Behemoth)

A resume could work.

Wut.

He’s behaving pretty strangely but, as this is my first/second Mafia I play, I don’t know his playstyle.

You don’t need to know his playstyle. From a spectator’s PoV, do you think scum AKA informed minority would behave in the same way as Hyped?

What’s your stance on SE? Can you describe in your own words why you find him scummy?

(CF)

He’s answering pretty openly to attacks instead of just going inactive.

Wouldn’t going active seem scummy? Though you might have a point. When I was a newbie scum, getting attacked usually made me start lurking and hoping that the discussion swayed.

(Behemoth)

When does the day end? Is this the never goind down sun?

What with the sudden interest in ending the day? That never bodes well. PoS: Behemoth.

(DAZ)

Why on earth can’t you actively participate in posting?

Who is that directed at?

In conclusion, I have decided that my vote on Hyped stands. I do feel like he could be a VI, given how he has posted in the past, but I do feel like he is getting a bit too desperate with his arguments. While I find Behemoth suspicious myself for his (slightly) hypocritical vote and eagerness to end the day, the former isn’t reflected in Hyped’s vote (which is entirely about scumwagoning, and involves no questioning of Behemoth’s intentions with his vote), while the latter came after the vote.

Behemoth seems suspicious to me too. Beside the above, I find it weird how passive he has been after Hyped voted him and accused him of scumwagoning. It would make sense to at least try to elaborate on his vote so as to get Hyped to unvote him.

DAZ is a null. He seems kinda eager on his suggestion that Hyped is likelier VI than scum, with his comments on Hyped’s posts, though it doesn’t really feel like he is fellow scum.

Devourer seems town to me. He has been questioning stuff and most of his conclusions feel okay to me. He is pressuring Hyped a bit, but it is sensible since Hyped is being really vague.

CF’s vote on SE seems reasonable considering how inactive and noncontributive SE has been.

Flag Post

Lolwut, AN doesn’t post for a few pages then owns us up with a gigantic post. GG.

Alright, time to read through this…

Flag Post

PoS? What. Enlighten me.

What’s your stance on SE? Can you describe in your own words why you find him scummy?

Like I explained before; notice how he only came out to vote? I believe Cowfriend did lay a bait; because he usually plays crazy like that. SilverEvil came out to say “I’m almost close to voting your sorry asses” and Cowfriend said that he never participated, he just came out to vote and draw attention away from himself as a lurker kind of thing.

Cowfriend: vote twistedcake lul
Jaskaran2000: [Unvote: Adeeb]
[Vote: Twisted]

inb4bandwagononme
:D
Grrrrrrr…….I’m almost close to voting your sorry asses.
Just….seriously? a bandwagon with no purpose but to kill someone who MAY be innocent? seriously?

Time difference of 100 minutes; not the closest but still – I feel like he checks the thread.

Flag Post

(DAZ)

PoS? What. Enlighten me.

Knoob terminology. Pinkie of Suspicion, for when a Finger of Suspicion is like using a sword to cut your toast.

Like I explained before; notice how he only came out to vote? I believe Cowfriend did lay a bait; because he usually plays crazy like that. SilverEvil came out to say “I’m almost close to voting your sorry asses” and Cowfriend said that he never participated, he just came out to vote and draw attention away from himself as a lurker kind of thing.

I was actually addressing Behemoth, but thanks for taking the time to answer the question as well. What you say is probably right, though I don’t understand why SE wouldn’t come to defend himself now, when he is getting actively attacked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

When does the day end? Is this the never goind down sun?

The sun goes down when the town finally settles on who they should lynch; this has not happened yet. This day also has the additional condition that the day ends if the thread dies again.

Flag Post

Oi….sorry, TF2 got the best of me…anyway what’s going on?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

PoS? What. Enlighten me.

Cowfriend: vote twistedcake lul
Jaskaran2000: [Unvote: Adeeb]

inb4bandwagononme
Just….seriously? a bandwagon with no purpose but to kill someone who MAY be innocent? seriously?

Time difference of 100 minutes; not the closest but still – I feel like he checks the thread.

To be honest, I wasn’t even paying attention to this game since it somewhat died, so I moved on….only for it to be re-vamped.

Flag Post

On my phone right now so this will be quick but -

I was actually addressing Behemoth, but thanks for taking the time to answer the question as well. What you say is probably right, though I don’t understand why SE wouldn’t come to defend himself now, when he is getting actively attacked.

Flag Post

Huh, another 100 min difference or something?

Flag Post

Alright, I’m on my computer, and I’ll put everything together.

(Adeeb/SE)

Huh, he posts about 100 minutes later, the same hour as Vara does. Interesting. And you said when he’s getting actively attacked, that he’s probably not going to defend. So why does he suddenly post at these moments? When Jask/Cow do BS voting. When you say things like that and when we’re attacking.

Flag Post

(Adeeb)

What’s your problem with people agreeing with you anyway? :p

With the given context, the fact that he was agreeing with me meant that he was contradicting himself. That is, if I remember correctly. I honestly can’t be bothered to go back and check.

Isn’t it a form of defense too? You are basically showing how the point against you can be interpreted in two different ways.

It’s a form of defense if it was not deliberate and your actions were misinterpreted. However, Hyped has flat out stated that he has been playing badly on purpose, which I see no reason for a townie to do or admit.

I don’t suppose you could quote a coupla examples?

When I use the word “post history”, it is not synonymous with meta. I mean the page that you get when you click the post number next to your username. In other words, I was reluctant because he was inactive not only here but everywhere else. I honestly can’t remember anything about Silver’s meta; it doesn’t strike me as memorable enough.

Maybe that’s how he normally acts? :p

There’s a problem with that; I have no idea what Hyped’s meta is.

What with the sudden interest in ending the day? That never bodes well. PoS: Behemoth.

While I emphacize that it wouldn’t be sufficient evidence, I’ll note this if the lynch happens to flip town and the lynch happens to be one of the current players with more votes.

(Silver)

To be honest, I wasn’t even paying attention to this game since it somewhat died, so I moved on….only for it to be re-vamped.

Good, so you have the knowledge to answer the questions that have been given to you and defend yourself. FoS Silver if I haven’t already.

Flag Post

Alright, I’m on my computer, and I’ll put everything together.

(Adeeb/SE)

Huh, he posts about 100 minutes later, the same hour as Vara does. Interesting. And you said when he’s getting actively attacked, that he’s probably not going to defend. So why does he suddenly post at these moments? When Jask/Cow do BS voting. When you say things like that and when we’re attacking.

Mere coincidence my friend. and also, I have school, metal collecting work and such, I’m pretty busy at this point of time so I pretty much can’t really defend myself since I haven’t had the time.

Flag Post

Alright, time to pressure you SE.

Firstly:

I wasn’t even paying attention to this game since it somewhat died

Huh, so you knew it was dying? Someone’s been checking the thread.

Mere coincidence my friend. and also, I have school, metal collecting work and such, I’m pretty busy at this point of time so I pretty much can’t really defend myself since I haven’t had the time.

Why are you posting now? I’m fairly sure he has been watching the thread; notice he starts picking up activity again.

Flag Post

Firstly:

I wasn’t even paying attention to this game since it somewhat died

Why are you posting now? I’m fairly sure he has been watching the thread; notice he starts picking up activity again.

1. when it wasn’t on the front page for a couple of days I knew it was dying, I was NOT checking the thread at this time either
2. I got Mod prodded a SECOND FRIGGEN TIME! so naturally I should’ve picked up activity.

Flag Post

Then how would you know how to post? I don’t really believe you.

In any case:

What do you think of Hyped?

Flag Post

He might be just a bit dumb or he’s trying to look like an idiot so no one suspects he’s scum

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

He might be just a bit dumb or he’s trying to look like an idiot so no one suspects he’s scum

But why can’t scum be idiots? When does being scum have anything to do with being an idiot?

(AN)

Alright. Questions.

Yes, I’m defensive, I’m sure everyone should be. And pretty much everything else you said was right. Point to point, I can see where my responses lead to me being VI. As of do I think Devourer is scum? It’s possible. He could be scumhunting but he could be doing that so people don’t think he’s scum. But do I think he is? Probably not.

(DAZ)

What do I think of Hyped. Hmm. I find him very quick with his answers and I can see he doesn’t go through every post to make sure every hole he has in his post is filled. It’s like he has nothing to hide. But he said he posts vaguely which crosses himself. But I’m pretty sure he’s just writing on the go and wasn’t putting enough thought into his answers of the questions. Instead he was probably just finding a way to not answer the question. Either way, I don’t find him scum based on his posts because he has too many holes and cracks in his answers. Normally scum would make sure they’re perfect and that there’s no way for him to be questioned again. He doesn’t seem to take this as seriously as others. He seems defensive, but would being inactive better? That would make me think he is scum even more. But since he did answer the questions, in a vague way though, (which leads some to scum) I don’t find him to be scum. But more as of a VI. He talks about his playstyle being different. But the only way that it is different is that he’s plays more carelessly than others.

Flag Post
But why can’t scum be idiots? When does being scum have anything to do with being an idiot?

They can be, but it can be a trick. Eg. BBB’s Gambit. He announced early in the game that “his mafia teammates ruined it for him”. The town believed that no one would be that stupid to roleclaim mafia, so they dismissed him as jester. Long story short; he was mafia and he won.

What do I think of Hyped. Hmm. I find him very quick with his answers and I can see he doesn’t go through every post to make sure every hole he has in his post is filled. It’s like he has nothing to hide. But he said he posts vaguely which crosses himself. But I’m pretty sure he’s just writing on the go and wasn’t putting enough thought into his answers of the questions. Instead he was probably just finding a way to not answer the question. Either way, I don’t find him scum based on his posts because he has too many holes and cracks in his answers. Normally scum would make sure they’re perfect and that there’s no way for him to be questioned again. He doesn’t seem to take this as seriously as others. He seems defensive, but would being inactive better? That would make me think he is scum even more. But since he did answer the questions, in a vague way though, (which leads some to scum) I don’t find him to be scum. But more as of a VI. He talks about his playstyle being different. But the only way that it is different is that he’s plays more carelessly than others.

Huh; how would you know about Scum metas and Village metas? Normally scum checks there are no holes. You sure that’s the meta?

Flag Post

In any case:

I got prodded a second time sir.

Flag Post

Also, DAZ why are you so eager to say I’m scum when I just got back to playing this game?(Sorry for double post)

Flag Post

Okay, I am here. I just forget about games on FGF. >_>

Every time I go to do a read-through, my eyes glaze over because of all the text walls… :s

Flag Post

(DAZ)

And you said when he’s getting actively attacked, that he’s probably not going to defend.

Actually, I said that I was quite surprised by SE NOT appearing to defend himself.

Admittedly, it is at least slightly sus, though as scum, I would expect SE to read through the whole argument against him and try to disprove it entirely.

When Jask/Cow do BS voting. When you say things like that and when we’re attacking.

And that’s what is most suspicious about SE, though I am still not sure if he actually got prodded another time which made him come back to the thread.

(devourer)

With the given context, the fact that he was agreeing with me meant that he was contradicting himself. That is, if I remember correctly. I honestly can’t be bothered to go back and check.

Mhm,

However, Hyped has flat out stated that he has been playing badly on purpose, which I see no reason for a townie to do or admit.

Baiting, and getting attacked for it? IMO, that was a stupid bait if it was one, because of how it made him look a hell lot scummier than anyone who attacked him, and because it makes sense to a great extent.

When I use the word “post history”, it is not synonymous with meta. I mean the page that you get when you click the post number next to your username. In other words, I was reluctant because he was inactive not only here but everywhere else. I honestly can’t remember anything about Silver’s meta; it doesn’t strike me as memorable enough.

Oh, I see. Excuse me while I facepalm.

That’s a point, though. His only post before his sudden appearance in the thread was nearly 15 days ago.

There’s a problem with that; I have no idea what Hyped’s meta is.

Well, I haven’t played a lot of mafias with Hyped (only like 2), and while that isn’t enough for a meta, I have seen how he usually starts off playing. He has played like this before as town.

While I emphacize that it wouldn’t be sufficient evidence, I’ll note this if the lynch happens to flip town and the lynch happens to be one of the current players with more votes.

Rephrase the bit after the comma?

(SE)

Can you go back and read the last coupla pages? Even the bits just directed at you will give you an idea of why people are voting you.

For starters:

Originally posted by SilverEvil:
Originally posted by CowFriend:

vote twistedcake lul

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

[Unvote: Adeeb]

inb4bandwagononme

If you were suspicious of the bandwagoneers, why did you find it worth mentioning that they were suspicious and that you were ‘this close to voting them’ instead of actually voting when that would better show how suspicious you were? In other words, why did you imply your support on a bandwagon against these players, but not initiate it yourself?

(DAZ)

Wut. U declare that nowadays?

That’s fallacious logic. You don’t need to track a game to see if it is dying. If you don’t see it in the first coupla pages, you can probably assume that it is dying.

Derp? I don’t even know what you mean by this. You don’t seem too eager to have SE back. Note how the thread has jumped to the first page again, and has maintained a pretty stable position since then. If Vara did prod him as SE says, isn’t it likely that he WOULD enter the thread again when he saw it in the first page?

I am biased against this tell because I myself didn’t even notice the thread in the first page before Vara prodded me a second time.

Wut. I don’t see what you mean here, and I am beginning to feel suspicious of you. It’s like you are completely ignoring what SE is saying and repeatedly mentioning “how did you post in this thread now”, as if it is impossible for him to be prodded/to have become active on Kong as a whole. FoS DragonArcherZ.

He has done some pretty stupid baiting, if that’s what he has done. He isn’t horribly defensive, sure, but I find his vote on Behemoth to have been placed for the wrong reasons, and in circumstances where it seems like the sole purpose of the vote is to try to redirect a bandwagon from him. Jask, his predecessor, behaved in a pretty shifty manner too, though since it is Jask, you can’t really tell. That doesn’t mean that he didn’t play stupidly too. VI replacing VI seems the more farfetched probability over scum replacing scum.

(Behemoth)

First, can you please read my previous post? I could have sworn I asked you questions.

Which of these two choices are you inclined to believe?

(Hyped)

I lol’d.

Yes, I’m defensive, I’m sure everyone should be. And pretty much everything else you said was right.

Is there any specific reason for you to be so defensive? You know you can’t win by trying to play alone, so you gotta play at least a significant offensive role so that you can make the necessary contribution.

As of do I think Devourer is scum? It’s possible. He could be scumhunting but he could be doing that so people don’t think he’s scum. But do I think he is? Probably not.

Is there any behavior by devourer that makes you think he is likely to be town? (which is what I assume with your ‘probably not’) Honestly, don’t feel shy if it is something as stupid as his forcefulness or as supernatural as your gut. This isn’t activity encouragement mafia, but your opinion here matters as much as it does in that game.

What do I think of Hyped. Hmm. I find him very quick with his answers and I can see he doesn’t go through every post to make sure every hole he has in his post is filled. It’s like he has nothing to hide. But he said he posts vaguely which crosses himself.

How does posting vaguely mean that you are closing holes in your posts, again? :S

Either way, I don’t find him scum based on his posts because he has too many holes and cracks in his answers. Normally scum would make sure they’re perfect and that there’s no way for him to be questioned again.

Before I proceed, I want to make something clear. Too Town Fallacy is something that makes my eyes roll out of their sockets.

Basically, X says that Y is scummy because he is behaving way too town. Ordinary town would likely make stupid mistakes, bork up here and there, become the center of scrutiny etc. But Y has ‘gone under the radar’, i.e no one has EVER voted Y or even raised a finger against him. That can only mean that he goes over his posts in SUCH detail that there is nothing you can find against him.

Conversely, Y says that X is likely to be townie because he is behaving way too scummy. If he was scum, he would be careful not to act scummy, right? So since he is behaving scummy, it must mean that he is town.

In reality, these are extremely common logical fallacies. There is no such thing as ‘too town’ or ‘too scummy’. Scummy behavior means you are likelier to be scummy. Townie behavior means that you are likelier to be townie. Scum are, theoretically, supposed to bork up in their posts AKA scumslips. Just because someone’s posts contain such a horribly large number of scumslips that it would be unlikely for scum to commit doesn’t ACQUIT that person of being scum. In other words, this argument is a null tell.

I also just realized that you are describing yourself, which is lolzy.

He seems defensive, but would being inactive better?

Two lefts don’t make a right.

But since he did answer the questions, in a vague way though, (which leads some to scum) I don’t find him to be scum.

Again, PoVs.

He talks about his playstyle being different. But the only way that it is different is that he’s plays more carelessly than others.

No, not carelessly. You play with out of context/unnatural aggression, and then seem entirely too defensive when attacked. That’s not ‘careless’ play.

(DAZ)

They can be, but it can be a trick. Eg. BBB’s Gambit. He announced early in the game that “his mafia teammates ruined it for him”. The town believed that no one would be that stupid to roleclaim mafia, so they dismissed him as jester. Long story short; he was mafia and he won.

Another example. I can’t believe the whole town fell for a ‘too scummy’ fallacy.

Huh; how would you know about Scum metas and Village metas? Normally scum checks there are no holes. You sure that’s the meta?

What do the questions mean?

(SE)

Also, DAZ why are you so eager to say I’m scum when I just got back to playing this game?(Sorry for double post)

As I said, check back on the last couple of pages to see how he attacked and built up the case against you. He bolded the vote, so you can’t miss his initial argument.

(adv0)

Every time I go to do a read-through, my eyes glaze over because of all the text walls… :s

What is this post supposed to do except show us that you are still alive and well RL (that’s a plus, but still)?

Flag Post

@AN I’m trying to stay away from my original style of play (AKA trying to improve my playing style) you know voting bandwagoners (Which almost never work)

Flag Post

AN, I’m listening. What SE’s saying is that he wasn’t actively checking the thread; that he didn’t check the last couple of pages because it was dying and so on.

But I still feel that it’s suspicious how he posts at these oppurtune times.

Flag Post

AN, I’m listening. What SE’s saying is that he wasn’t actively checking the thread; that he didn’t check the last couple of pages because it was dying and so on.

But I still feel that it’s suspicious how he posts at these oppurtune times.

What is this “opportune” time you’re speaking of? He got modprodded, he checked the thread. This is pretty evident, seeing that Silver posted after Vara’s bump.