The Convention of Liars[Challenge 3:Office Politics]

62 posts

Flag Post

This post is not reserved for lock.

Flag Post

Welcome to the Convention of Liars. To enter, you must be a liar of great repute, or else be able to convince the gatekeeper that you’re a liar of great repute(which will mark you out as a liar of great skill, so we’ll let you in anyways).

If you’re not a liar of great repute, don’t worry; the challenges will be easy. The previous sentence is not a lie.

Anyway, this game is not accepting sign ups, so please do not sign up as sign ups are closed. Only a great fool would sign up after this warning, and I know that liars of great repute are not fools, so they will not sign up. On the other hand, liars of great repute are cunning, so they might sign up anyway, knowing that I would know that they are not a fool. But I have seen through their dastardly plan and thus I will open the sign ups so their attempt to fool me will fail, making them look like a great fool.

Which they are.

Flag Post

Scoreboard
WiiPlayer113, Jaskaran2000, DragonArcherZ, AdeebNafees:300 points
Pulsaris, eProdigy:200 points
Devourer259:100 points
Jimbo14, Woon1957, rlatch79, GottaAskTheMan, thijs956:0 points

Flag Post

Sign. Will read later.
Was entertained.
Still holds signing.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Don’t sign. <<<Lie.

^^That’s a lie.

^^That’s also a lie.

^^Sign. This is a lie and the above is a lie.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

Sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eProdigy:

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Sign. Phew, just made it (perhaps)

Flag Post

Signify.

Flag Post

Reserve sign, if signups are filled up.

Flag Post

I would very much not like to sign :(

(sign)<<< lie

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Reserve sign, if signups are filled up.

If it is, that nub can have my sign.

Flag Post

I was lying about the amount of spots there are on the sign up list, so there are actually 13 signs.

Whelp, let’s start, all you foolhardy liars. Actually I lied, you aren’t foolhardy. Actually I lied, you are foolhardy but you aren’t liars.

Flag Post

Challenge 1:License to Kill

First, think of the person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies.

-The Sphinx, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

In this challenge, you play the role of a spy, trying to find out the identities of other spies.

First of all, you have to send me a word or phrase. This will be your codename. You can be as silly as you want, within reason(no racism, repeated f-bombs etc.). Soon after sending in your codename, you will be told a single person’s username(real name, for example, helltank) and codename(the one he sent in, for example, OVERLORDOFALLHAILMEHAHAHAHAHAHA).

Your job is to find the codenames and usernames of 3 other spies and send them to me.

Naturally, you may lie about anything at any time. You may also send PMs to other players at will.

You have 72 hours to complete the challenge. For every correct code and username pair you send in, you will receive 100 points. I will also only say this once:every two rounds, I will eliminate the players at the bottom of the scoreboard. Which players are up to my own discretion. Maybe it’s the player with the lowest points, or maybe it’s the bottom 3 players. The first elimination check will be at the end of Round 2.

Another standing rule(which I will not repeat) is that you can change your answer at any time until the deadline.

Flag Post

Let me just wrap my head around this. Alright. Got it.

Flag Post

Jimby14,WiiPlayer113,T6salt,KiNGDOMHEARST,eProdigy,Woon1957, Pulsaris and AdeebNafees, please send in your codenames.

Flag Post

You might want to PM them so they know that the game has started.

Flag Post

So.

Do the three names we send in include the person who’s codename we’ve received?

Flag Post

Jaskaran, yes, it includes that person.

Jimbo14, WiiPlayer113,T6salt and KiNGDOMHEARST, send in your codenames by tomorrow. I’ll send you reminder PMs tomorrow morning(it’s 8 PM now) and boot you out of the game or replace you if you still haven’t responded by 6 PM tomorrow.