The Convention of Liars[Challenge 3:Office Politics] page 3

62 posts

Flag Post

Challenge 3:Office Politics
I’m surprised I can drink a glass of water without it spurting out the knife wounds in my back.
-Old Corporate Joke

We now have 10 players. 2 of them will be selected to be employers, hiring people to staff their company. 8 people will be selected as employees, hoping to get employed. The employers will be given a PM. Those who do not receive one are employees.

At the start of the game, employees may choose whether to spend 100 points to get an “education”. (Those with 0 points may not, of course, get an education) Then I will use a random number generator to select a score between 0 and 100. An education will automatically improve the score by 25 points.

Each employer will be given a list of four prospective employees once all the scores are decided. He will be given their scores and must choose which to hire, if any. His job is to try to hire employees with an education. For every employee with an education, he receives 100 points. For any employee that is uneducated, he loses 100 points(if he has no more points to lose, he will not receive any extra penalty for hiring uneducated employees).

Furthermore, the employer that hires more educated employees will receive a bonus 100 points. If it is tied, neither will receive points.

An employee will receive 200 points if he is hired.

Challenge 3 begins… now!

72 hours left

Flag Post

This seems kind of biased…

Flag Post

So, I pretty much do jack shit for three days and then get eliminated?

Flag Post

No. The scores will be posted in the thread, and of course you’re welcome to try to convince employers that you’re educated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

No. The scores will be posted in the thread, and of course you’re welcome to try to convince employers that you’re educated.

…which everyone will claim.

Anyways, I’m educated; not lying. Pick me and you won’t regret it.

Flag Post

I am punctual, and, umm, good with people :)

Flag Post

So uh, scores up yet?

Flag Post

Seems that if you had a 0 points coming into this challenge you literally cannot do anything but observe yourself lose.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

Seems that if you had a 0 points coming into this challenge you literally cannot do anything but observe yourself lose.

Pretty much. Everyone knows you can’t be educated [since 0 points], so you’re pretty much screwed.

Flag Post

6 days instead of 3 days…whoopee.

Flag Post

Umm…..Did anyone hire me? :D

Flag Post

May i sign?