World Of Science [Sign-Ups]

34 posts

Flag Post

Reserved For Lockdown

Flag Post

The year was 2031, the Seattle Seahawks have won their first Superbowl and the world has reached political stability, albeit through the conquering of an alien race that now serves as the overlords of the planet once called Earth. It may seem negative, but in reality it was better for Earth.

With the new extra terrestrial kings, the humans were free to research and discover new technology in a joint union without the fear of war and global espionage. With the new era of peace, science was being used for things that many have only dreamed of. Disease was a thing of the past. Accidents were prevented by augmentations and micro-machines implanted into the human body. With these machines, even better technology was made.

The future was glorious! People could travel from one beautiful city to the next in an instant. Video games and television was more lifelike than life itself. Men and women of all age and race had their desires fulfilled. Each day promised new and useful products of science. The world was truly in full stride heading into the gates of happiness and prosperity, and contempt was no longer a word.

Happy with the outcome of there intervention, the alien race relinquished control of the planet, believing the human’s mature enough to handle a world without a government. Sure enough, the human race was.

What was was right is now wrong. What has come has now gone. The debate on what is clear and pure is not so sure. All promises become a lie. All that’s benign corrupts in time.

The time has come.

A group of scientists in Belarus have found a way to make AI on the same level of human intelligence. They succeeded, in creating artificial life installed into hardware powered by software, operating entire factories. This AI continued to make smarter, faster, stronger and more lifelike artificial beings, which they all continued on the process doing the same as their creator. The human race was observing evolution, first-hand, at a rate that was incomprehensible to most men of science. As these AI’s developed personality, and reasoning skills, it appeared to be a great success. The Belarus-native scientists were awarded with grants to further there research. Sadly, none of the scientists could attend the ceremony, being to busy with their work.

You, and a group of others have been tasked with delivering the money and awards. Normally it could be done without human transport, but the International Science Commune, oddly enough, holds the old fashioned values of before, that achievements and rewards should be solid, and met with a handshake rather than a pin number.

After a brief journey, your party has reached the scientific research facility where the Belarus have worked and lived for the past months. It is a large, not extravagant, but massive structure that’s exterior construction appears very industrial, setting it apart from the contemporary designs of 2031. As you enter through the lobby, you notice the lack of human greeting, it appears as if the entire laboratory is ran by computers. Nothing to strange considering their field of research. You continue along following the signs and directories until you reach the chief research lodging. Oddly enough the door is cracked ajar ever so slightly.

You enter, and instantly see the blood on the walls, smeared in the form of names and dates. Entrails, maggots ,and human corpses litter the linoleum floor. You turn around screaming, only to meet the site of a metallic serpent. You can only gaze for a second before it fires itself through your chest ,and snakes its way through the room, penetrating all of your colleagues. The last thing you see before the cold embrace of death is a host of yellow, spherical lights in the darkness.

You awake, covered in sweat, in a pure cloak of black. Standing in a hurry and turning on your light mechanism, you see you were in your bed, in your home, in the city of Seattle. Must of only been a dream, yet it felt so real.

Chapter 1-World Of Science-
/end

Flag Post

Sign-Ups:
Name:
Brief Bio:
Physical Characteristics:
Heads Or Tails:

Flag Post

Bulletin Board-
I hope this gets some signs considering I had to restart twice.

Flag Post

Player List
1. John Orin (overfrost)
2. Daniel Stark (Kipdon)
3. Michael Müller (Taiboss)
4. Nicholas Xenophone (Underlord)
5. Bob McDonald (efar)
6. Emilie A. Kozlow (vixenated)

Flag Post

Name: John Orin
Sex: Male
Bio: Lost his arm in an accident a few years ago. Doctors gave him an experimental bionic arm.
Physical characteristics: A Bionic arm, Short brown hair, Sideburns, Has absolutely no idea what he’s doing even when he says he does.
Heads or Tails: Tails
I’m serious I have no idea what i’m doing.

Flag Post

…Accepted.

Flag Post

Name: Daniel Starke
Brief Bio: “Died” from a severe heart attack. Body was stolen and fitted with a makeshift bionic heart experiment.
Physical Characteristics: Medium length brown/blonde hair, green eyes. Skin is dry and partially discolored.
Heads Or Tails: Heads

I awaken as soon as my Hyper-Electron Artificial Revival Trigger (HEART) fully recharged. Clutching my chest, I inspect my body for any wounds, but notice nothing beyond the superficial. I slowly rise from my sitting position in the corner of the room in which I am, making sure my HEART doesn’t malfunction from overexertion. After nothing significantly negative occurs, I look around and notice a man with a metallic arm lying on a bed in the same room. I check if he is alive.

Flag Post

Name:Bob McDonald
Sex:male
Brief Bio: Award winning physisist/nanotechnologist. EDIT: has used his own nanos in his brain to make himself smarter and have better reflexes
Physical Characteristics: muscular, greeen eyes, dark blonde
Heads Or Tails:heads

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kipdon:

Name: Daniel Starke
Brief Bio: “Died” from a severe heart attack. Body was stolen and fitted with a makeshift bionic heart experiment.
Physical Characteristics: Medium length brown/blonde hair, green eyes. Skin is dry and partially discolored.
Heads Or Tails: Heads

I awaken as soon as my Hyper-Electron Artificial Revival Trigger (HEART) fully recharged. Clutching my chest, I inspect my body for any wounds, but notice nothing beyond the superficial. I slowly rise from my sitting position in the corner of the room in which I am, making sure my HEART doesn’t malfunction from overexertion. After nothing significantly negative occurs, I look around and notice a man with a metallic arm lying on a bed in the same room. I check if he is alive.

Accepted.

Originally posted by efar:

Name:Bob McDonald
Sex:male
Brief Bio:Trained with the Great Monks for many years and has developed the ability to levitate and read minds. Award winning physisist
Physical Characteristics: muscular, greeen eyes, dark blonde
Heads Or Tails:heads

Augmentations a go-go, levitation a no-no.

Flag Post

Let’s see if that works.
Name: Michael Müller
Brief Bio: Victim of cruel Ageing research since birth, escaped somehow, now he is still in fear they might find him. He appears 29 but is believed to be much older.
Physical Characteristics: Appears weak,but has augmented eyes and hands, making him actually stronger and faster.
Heads Or Tails: Head

Flag Post

Name: Nicholas Xenophon

Sex: male

Brief Bio: Nicholas was always the smartest and wisest. He never believed in this “peace” stuff. He always knew something bad would happen. Nicholas lived a great life, inheriting his family’s wealth when his grandmother died when he was twenty-three. Nicholas’s mother and father died when he was twelve. He bought a house in the woods, and created numerous weapons. Some of which worked, some of which didn’t. He always lived the old life, but built futuristic weapons beyond today’s human capability.

Physical Characteristics: Nicholas has a muscular build with dark, wavy hair. He has brilliant blue eyes with a sad glint in them when he smiles. He usually wears black, and carries around a prototype weapon which he likes to call “Interfector”, which means “killer” in Latin.

Heads Or Tails: Heads?

Flag Post

Both accepted,

Flag Post

is my fix good?

Flag Post

is my fix good?

….yeah. Accepted.

Flag Post

I have some questions:

1.WHEN DOES THE GAME START
2. where do we wake up and how do we know each other

Flag Post

[Could I add a special effect to Daniel’s characteristics? The following is the effect in question.]
Due to the HEART’s cybernetic origins and properties, Daniel may discharge electricity when damaged. The electric bursts stun nearby organic units and will stun and have a small chance to short circuit nearby mechanical units.

Flag Post

Yes but don’t rely on it.

Originally posted by Kipdon:

[Could I add a special effect to Daniel’s characteristics? The following is the effect in question.]
Due to the HEART’s cybernetic origins and properties, Daniel may discharge electricity when damaged. The electric bursts stun nearby organic units and will stun and have a small chance to short circuit nearby mechanical units.

Flag Post

was the introduction part of the dream?

Flag Post

For the next week I will be away and so I will probably only post once a day if at all

Flag Post

Name: Emilie A. Kozlow

Sex: Female

Brief Bio: Only child of a well-known medical researcher. Although her father spent more time at work than at home, such high involvement with his job became beneficial for her. She was able to get a microchip implant which gave her the ability to speak multiple languages, as well as gain a massive amount of knowledge on multiple fields. But being the free-spirited girl Emilie is, she’s far more interested in the arts than pursuing a future in science.

Physical Characteristics: Not very tall, with a slim frame. Emilie has short black hair, and green eyes that become blue depending on the time of year.

Heads Or Tails: Tail.

Flag Post

whats with the heads or tails thing anyway?

Flag Post

whats with the heads or tails thing anyway?

Not telling. I’ll probably start the game tonight before I leave home or X-mas day when I return.

Flag Post

Well accepted, but I cannot edit, I am on my phone.

Originally posted by vixenated:

Name: Emilie A. Kozlow

Sex: Female

Brief Bio: Only child of a well-known medical researcher. Although her father spent more time at work than at home, such high involvement with his job became beneficial for her. She was able to get a microchip implant which gave her the ability to speak multiple languages, as well as gain a massive amount of knowledge on multiple fields. But being the free-spirited girl Emilie is, she’s far more interested in the arts than pursuing a future in science.

Physical Characteristics: Not very tall, with a slim frame. Emilie has short black hair, and green eyes that become blue depending on the time of year.

Heads Or Tails: Tail.

Flag Post

Hello Jimbo, anyone here?