Your Tale(CYOP)(Back, after a short break) page 3 (locked)

76 posts

Flag Post

C.)

Flag Post

Bump

Flag Post

C.)

Flag Post

C.

Flag Post

A)

Flag Post

C makes the most sense.

Flag Post

C.)

Flag Post

C.)

Flag Post

Bump

Flag Post

C)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mylar:

Bump

Stop bumping every few hours of the last post.

Flag Post

The first bump was superfluous, I admit, but 15 hours is long enough to justify another bump. Rest assured, there will not be a third.

Flag Post

You say to the Lord, “We would kill more Northmen with a few more riders.”
He smiles and replies, “I will commit some riders to your cause, but your knightly order is without a quest! I will remedy that now. You will clear Lord Hoag’s land of raiders. My steward will sort out the details. On with the tournament!”
Hours later, you frown at the map in front of you. This is a cruel sort of jape. The Black Guard are being sent deep into the Northern Wood, to help a minor lord. It will be cold, and forest will slow you down. That quest would mean heavy losses. You think of an alternative.
Robin would not be happy, but you could simply find another lord to serve. You could keep many of Lord Robin’s men by explaining that their lord sent them off to die. You have heard that Lord Leo is on campaign to the North. He is said to be just, noble and in need of soldiers.

A.)Ride for Lord Hoag’s keep

B.)Ride for Lord Leo’s host

Flag Post

A.

I would type why it is a bad idea to betray even a minor lord but I am on my xbox so it takes forever to type.

Flag Post

You decide to obey Lord Robin, and head down to the castle stables. You find the five men you swore into the Guard earlier today. They are preparing for a long trek North. Two are knight’s sons like you. The other three are ascended mercenaries whose skill led Robin to promote them to knights. You all have one thing in common, though. For all your titles, none of you own any land.
The 8 of you leave the town, armed and armored, prepared for the Northern Woods. The sun slowly drifts across the sky, and the Guard slowly reaches more rural territory. You are making your journey through a thin woodland by the time the sun disappears behind the trees to the left of you. You pass several inns, but you have little coin.
You lead the party, aside Joseph. He rides quietly, for now. There are no arguments among the men. They seem to like each other well enough. The horses become weary, and the knights even more so. You find a clearing and begin setting up camp. You assign watches. This woodland may be crawling with outlaws.
You wake to the men eating breakfast. The newcomers seem to respect you. Now that you consider it, you are the highest ranking member of the Guard left alive. Will you continue to be the commander of the Black Guard, or will you give command to Joseph, who has been trying to lead the Guard since you joined?

A.)Officially make yourself the Commander

B.)Let Joseph lead

Flag Post

B.) Let Joseph lead.

Flag Post

B.) Let Joseph lead

Flag Post

B.) We’re gonna have casualties on this mission, so better that Joseph gets blamed for it.

Flag Post

B.) We’re gonna have casualties on this mission, so better that Joseph gets blamed for it.

I was thinking of giving him reason to actually look up to us, along with the others, but if he does mess up, we could go back in charge.

But something about he was trying to lead since we joined is making me think. We recently joined, but we are higher rank than him. If we show compassion to him, he might like us better… but he seems a bit… ambitious…

Flag Post

B.

Flag Post

A.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by RokRokRok:

I was thinking of giving him reason to actually look up to us, along with the others, but if he does mess up, we could go back in charge.

But something about he was trying to lead since we joined is making me think. We recently joined, but we are higher rank than him. If we show compassion to him, he might like us better… but he seems a bit… ambitious…

Rick on. We can be the Palpatine to his Vader.

Flag Post

You talk and eat with the men. One of the new five is a strong young skald in the ancient tradition of the locals. He was apparently sent with you to escape accusations of rape. They call him Robert the learned. Another was Adolf, an old mercenary who held knighthood just long enough to anger Lord Robin and lose his land. You make fast friends, but don’t play the role of the commander. Joseph quickly recognizes this and begins to organize the Guard.
Sir Joseph’s guidance takes you into Lord Hoag’s holdings. The trees turn from oaks and elms to towering pines and aspens. The wolves howl, too far off to be any danger. Closer, you see smoke from campfires. You yearn for fire each chilly night. Joseph doesn’t let the Guard light a fire, to avoid Northern attack.
Before long, you come across the raiders you were sent to deal with. Scouts spot a host of around sixty Northern warriors. Joseph avoids them, waiting for outriders. The host sends out a few raiders; around a dozen heavily armored footmen. He splits the force and follows them. You lead Benjam, Adolf and Robert. The Northmen force the villagers to give them some food, and beat a few men to make a point. When their commander begins harassing a woman, Joseph bellows out two notes on a warhorn.
You fall on the shocked raiders from both sides. They fall in short order, but more Northmen come out of the trees. These men are local loyalists, trying to put the North back in Northern hands. Riders begin to fall, surrounded by enemies.
You find yourself, breathless, lying on the forest floor. Over the screams, you hear footfalls. You leap up and fight against the new enemies. They greatly outnumber you, and you have a simple choice.

A.)Fight

B.)Flee

Flag Post

B.) Flee

Flag Post

B.) Call for a retreat. Assuming any of your men are still alive.