[Sign-ups] Map of the heart [One Piece RP]

99 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for whatever. 3 reserves.
The game has started

Flag Post

Incase you don’t know OP

“One Piece … really exists!” That were the last words of Whitebeard. I put the letter down and thought. If it exists, the Marine wants it. I will probably never see it, but maybe I can help them in not getting it. But I need a crew and a ship. I looked around and remember where I was. But that’s easy.

Welcome to the One Piece RP. It will be simple. Some of you can be pirates, some can be marine or independent. It’s your choice, and our story. And, of course, that’s my character

Flag Post

Sign-ups sheet
Name:
“Home”:
Apperance:
Bio:
Weapons:
Devil fruit: (None preferred, but if, make sure to not use an existing.)
Faction: (Pirate/Marine/Independent)
If Marine:
If Pirate:
Bounty:
Position:
If Independent:
Bounty: (If)
Current goal:

My first character:
Name: Fellon B. Miguel
“Home”: Unknown
Apperance: 188 cm, normal weight. white suit with black coat and hood. Black hair, brown eyes.
Bio: After he ate his fruit, he left his position of a Chūsa at the Marine and began to hunt down pirates. After he has defeated the best of the South and West Blue, he set out to the East Blue, only learning that some other guy already did that. In the North Blue he got into some trouble, which eventually resulted in a bounty of 45 million, a gigantic sum for such a small incident. He fled to the Grand Line, and temporary has a base as a Bounty Hunter on an small island. With the death of Whitebeard, he now sets out to prevent the Marine in finding the One Piece.
Weapons: His fruit, shuriken, daggers
Devil fruit: Taion Taion No Mi, Can change his and anything he touchs’ temperatue ranging from 1 K to over 9000 K, immune to fire and frost. However, he can only make his whole body up to 6000K, all above is only a part,if higher the size of that part/spot decreases.
Faction: Pirate
Bounty: 45 Million for defeat of the strongest pirate in the North Blue.
Position: Captain

Flag Post

All my usual Rules apply:
1. No imperial system.
2. NO imperial system.
3. All Kong and Forum rule apply
4. Don’t do unlogical things.
Sign-ups:
Behemoth542: Lakazguna “Piercer” Gharaku
Bluji: Jaxon “Sweet” Downey
overfrost: Shane “Book” Kirjasto
BCLEGENDS: Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Minnakht: Gerhard “Really” Pants
Blood_Shadow: Johan D. Helius.

Flag Post

[Is it wrong that I’ve spent an absurd amount of time imagining things about the Wanpiss world? I don’t really play games anymore nowadays, but this might be worth looking at.]

[You might want to make it more accessible for players who don’t know how to Wanpiss, though.]

[Also, how would a Water Fruit work, if possible?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Knoob85687:

Logia (turning into) does in a way exist, but Paramecia (Superhuman abilities) would work like Waterbending in Avatar: TLA.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

Logia (turning into) does in a way exist, but Paramecia (Superhuman abilities) would work like Waterbending in Avatar: TLA.

[Don’t explain them to me: Explain them to people who don’t know what are they.]

[Also, I take it some antagonist has the Logia Water Fruit if you’re gonna be so vague about the Logia?]

Flag Post

One Piece, huh? I haven’t read the manga as much as I read Bleach and Naruto.

I have a character idea… but it’s ridiculously overpowered.

Flag Post

I have a character idea… but it’s ridiculously overpowered.

Everything in One Piece is overpowered anyways.

Flag Post

No, I mean, even more overpowered than the average brokenness that is One Piece. Possibly far more overpowered. He’d make Whitebeard and his earthquake ability look pretty tame in comparison.

Flag Post

Hey can I make a power that lets me see 1 hour into the future in both this and in close multiverse universes, see all close multiverse universes AND let me travel to any of them in less then a second?

Flag Post

Name: Lakazguna “Piercer” Gharaku
“Home”: Not known
Apperance: 176 cm tall, average weight. Uses a black sleeveless coat, ragged black pants and has a tattoo on his right shoulder of a sword with wings. Shoulderlenght gray hair and blue eyes. Scar on the left eye, but hasn’t lost it
Bio: He found his fruit while fishing on with his previous crewmates, in the East Blue. When he ate it, he lost control of it and pierced his friends and the boat, killing them and sinking. He was saved by an passing ship, the ’’Thunderbird’’, that was heading towards the Grandline. From that day, Gharaku started forming part of that group of pirates,who taught him how to control his new powers. He quickly escalated through the ranks, reaching the First Mate position, until the Marines caught all the crew but him, who was assaulting the Marine’s insignia ship. When he dispatched the ship, he saw that his crewmates where being taken away. From that day, he vowed revenge over the Marines and became a mercenary.
When Whitebeard died, he setted off to search and destroy any Marine ship he stood upon
Weapons: Uses the shards he creates with the power of his fruit as a weapon, varying from swords and spears to shields and armor. Sometimes uses guns.
Devil fruit: Hahen-Hahen No Mi (Shard-Shard Fruit) Gives the one who eats the the ability to create shards of an extremely strong crystal from his/her body.
Bounty: 40 Million
Position: First Mate

Flag Post

How is this?
Name: Shane “Book” Kirjasto
“Home”: information island
Appearance: about 150 cm tall, 68 kg, yellow hair, green eyes, usually wears a Black shirt and Khaki pants along with a green knit cap and a special device on his left arm that holds whatever book hes reading.
Bio: Shane is a librarian. About a year ago he found a strange fruit growing in his backyard and took a bite of it. It tasted like old dirty socks. Since he bit into the fruit everything he says materializes into a tangible object. Words would drop out of the sky onto the people he was talking to, animals would appear out of nowhere if he said the name of an animal, and weapons would appear in his hands if he said the name of a weapon. Because of this people started avoiding him for fear they would be harmed by falling words, wild animals or whatever weapon appeared in his hand. He cannot use his voice to communicate without whatever he says materializing out of nowhere so he decided to use a notebook to communicate instead but everybody still avoided talking to him. The only people he gets to communicate with now are the people from foreign places that don’t know about his power.
Weapons: Words
Devil fruit: Moji-Moji fruit.(Letter-Letter fruit) Allows him to turn any word into a weapon.
EDIT: Books power is limited by energy. The things he creates are created from the energy he has stored in his body. Creating something far away from him will use more energy than creating something straight from his hand. The more things he creates the less energy he has. The less energy he has the more tired he gets. If he uses too much energy he will fall asleep right where he is. Also the things he creates must be tangible objects. He cannot change parts of his body with this power, He cannot use the power to modify other peoples bodies and if he creates a book it will not have words in it. If he creates something it must be within his field of sight or it must appear in his hand. He can modify the thing being created by using words to describe the item.
Book does not yet know of these limits
Faction: Independent
Goal: find someone willing to communicate with him.

Flag Post

I don’t really expect this character to be accepted. Why did I make this then? Boredom, I guess. And to demonstrate the kind of overpowered abilities I can think of.

Name: Johan D. Helius.

“Home”: Unknown.

Appearance: Johan appears to be around 20 years old. He has lightly tanned skin, and a medium, athletic but not too muscular build. He is 175 cm tall. His hair is short, messy, dark brown, and his eyes dark gray. He usually wears plain, unremarkable clothes that are considered normal in whatever place he visits; these clothes are shaped by Johan’s Devil Fruit power explained below.

Devil Fruit: Kaku Kaku no Mi (カクカクの実), or Nuke-Nuke Fruit. Except the fruit actually looks like some kind of mushroom, for obvious reasons. This Logia-type Devil Fruit allows Johan to reshape or otherwise manipulate his own body, and anything he touches, on a subatomic level. By “touching” an object, I mean only the molecules on the surface of the object that are in immediate contact with Johan’s skin, rather than the whole object itself. Though he can indeed turn himself into nuclear plasma, and produce extremely powerful explosions, Johan’s destructive power using this ability is still much less than that of an actual nuclear weapon. Nuclear plasma is the default form that a user of this Devil Fruit takes on, and Johan has trained himself so that his body will reflexively transform into plasma whenever it is struck by any attack that will damage it.

Haki:
Johan is a master of Busoushoku Haki. He can create various simple objects, such as armor or weapons, out of Haki, though these objects may disappear if his willpower wavers. The armor he creates are immensely strong and durable, while his weapons can break steel with ease. He can also fire off Haki as blasts of powerful concussive force. Lastly, he can reinforce his own body with Haki, making it much stronger and far more resistant, but not totally immune, to other Haki attacks that may damage a Logia user’s body, or other abilities that may nullify Devil Fruit powers. Johan can enter a “special form” of sorts, which he calls the Black Sun, for roughly half an hour, though it drains him of energy immensely afterwards and may require at least a day of rest to recover. In this form, every atom in his body is thoroughly fortified with Haki, and he becomes a humanoid figure of pitch black plasma that emits no heat nor light, capable of extreme power and destruction.
Johan is also quite proficient in the use of Kenbunshoku Haki, allowing him to sense the presence of others and predict their actions to a fairly great degree, though there are likely people who are more skilled at this ability than him.
Johan does not possess Haoushoku Haki. However, his willpower is immensely strong, allowing Johan to resist the effects of Haoushoku Haki to the point where he’s practically immune.

Weapons: A longsword made of solid white energy, created by Johan’s Busoushoku Haki. It is capable of slicing through steel with ease. Johan typically only uses this sword and other Haki constructs in normal combat; he only resorts to his extremely destructive Devil Fruit powers when he has no choice. He is an extremely strong and skilled swordsman and is able to easily defeat many opponents with a sword alone.

Faction: Formerly pirate, now independent.

Bounty: Formerly 600,000,000 Beli, currently none.

Bio: Johan’s past is something that he tries the hardest to forget. This actually goes twofold.
His childhood was so unbelievably harsh and torturous that he never talked about it with anyone. Omitting the more gruesome details… If nothing else, Johan hated being weak, powerless to stop them as people trampled all over him. He wanted to become strong so that he could do whatever he wanted. And he did, with the consumption of a Devil Fruit, the awakening of his Haki, and the brutal training he put himself through afterwards. Then he became an infamous pirate known as “Hellrazer J”, inspiring awe, hatred, and utter terror in many, sometimes all at once. As a pirate he was a total selfish hedonist, roaming about the seas and lands pillaging, destroying, and generally doing whatever he pleased whenever he pleased, using his power to crush almost everyone that tried to stop him, including several vice-admirals of the Marines. But the more he indulged in his desires, the emptier and more disgusted with himself he felt. One day, something happened, something that caused the Marines to send one of their three admirals to personally hunt him down. Finally outmatched for what seemed like the first time in his life, he decided to end it all by turning himself into an incredibly powerful bomb. The admiral lived, of course, but did not find his body; thus “Hellrazer J” was declared dead by the world government. But he somehow survived, if just barely, and was found by some family of clueless fishermen who then nursed him back to health. As he recovered, he made the decision to start a new life, throwing all of his past behind; he gave himself a new name and used his ability to alter his physical appearance so no one would recognize him.
Since he decided to now live as a law-abiding inhabitant of the world, Johan tried to find himself a reasonably normal and legal job, preferably one where he wouldn’t have to rely on his powers. Through a series of events that were honestly too bizarre for himself to describe, Johan somehow ended up as the personal bodyguard of one cheerful, teenage-looking idol singer known simply as Lilia, one of the most famous performers in the East Blue. It doesn’t help that Lilia is an insatiably curious soul who wants to explore the whole world and share her songs for all its inhabitants to enjoy. And so Johan has no choice but to follow her around, making sure she doesn’t get herself killed. However, ever since day one, Johan has been wondering if the girl even needs a bodyguard at all; she seems to be much more than her innocent exterior may suggest…

Current Goal: Ensure Lilia’s personal safety and well-being.

I’ll make Lilia’s character sheet if necessary; she’s pretty overpowered too but maybe not as much as Johan. That is, assuming Johan even gets accepted.

Flag Post

Ugggggghhhhhhhhhh, Too….many……….words…….needed……..to….play, But seriously i don`t like manga/anime so i`m not playing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Accepted..

5.5 ft. tall, 150 lbs

Apparently you can’t read.

Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Indeed this is overpowered. Don’t try to be Gold Roger.
Haki is too OP as well as the Fruit. You can do better.

Originally posted by arkenarken:

Hey can I make a power that lets me see 1 hour into the future in both this and in close multiverse universes, see all close multiverse universes AND let me travel to any of them in less then a second?

forshadowing…yes
multiverses…no.

Flag Post

Tai, is this pre- or post-timeskip?

Flag Post

You can do better.

Can I? Sure, I could’ve made a weaker character, but I chose not to. Is that necessarily “better”? A very powerful character isn’t inherently bad; one just has to 1) give him suitable conflicts and 2) make sure he doesn’t ruin the conflicts of everyone else. #2 may be a cause for concern and a reason to reject my character, but that doesn’t mean such a character is totally unplayable.

I’m not going to make a weaker character because I feel that I will get easily pwned all the time unless my character is that powerful, in a world like this. Most abilities in One Piece can be horrendously broken if used correctly, especially the ones based entirely on semantics. No offense to Overfrost, but currently the ability of his character is extremely broken without certain limitations. For example, what if he says “supermassive black hole”, or “a button that, when pressed, gives me absolute omnipotence”, or “an object that has all the properties written in this extremely long list”? Sure, I could make a weaker character. But it will take too much effort for me to convince myself that my character won’t get annihilated the moment he steps out his front door. So as much as I’d like to join a game based on a good shounen manga, I’m going to sit this one out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Tai, is this pre- or post-timeskip?

It plays around a few days after the Battle of Marineford , so it’s pre/while timeskip.

Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

If you say so, if you had let me nerf him in points I think are really overpowered, you could pass.

Flag Post

Also, your own character may be much more powerful than you intended. I did some quick calculations, and… If he makes his whole body 9000 K, he should be emitting around 0.7 gigajoules of energy per second, as blackbody radiation peaked around a wavelength of 300 nm. That’s enough energy to melt half a ton of steel. Emitted every second. As ultraviolet radiation. Something like that makes my guy pale in comparison, and can probably walk all over Whitebeard by roasting him with ultra-intensity UV rays. Those that don’t die immediately will die later of radiation poisoning. Sure, as the GM you can make your character as powerful as you want… but there’s only so far you can go before all conflict is ruined.

if you had let me nerf him in points I think are really overpowered, you could pass.

What if he’s just as powerful as one of the Marine’s three admirals? That’s no Gol D. Roger, is it?

Also, will canon characters be making appearances in the game, or is this an alternate universe where they don’t exist? But you mentioned Whitebeard…

Flag Post

Name: Jaxon “Sweet” Downey

Home: East Blue

Appearance: 190 cm tall, weights 80 kg. Chocolate-brown short hair, pale skin, brown eyes, wears beige shorts (length to knees), white shirt, brown jacket. Massive build. Huge scar on the back caused by yet unknown things.

Bio: Jaxon was born and raised in a small town in the East Blue. He suffered a massive loss at the age of 14 when his single mother was murdered by someone, because of something; both which Jaxon has no answer to. Jaxon escaped to a nearby forest and trained himself for four long years and during that time, he got a scar onto his back. He set sail at the age of 18 knowing his swordsman skills would take him far. East Blue went fast beyond and Jaxon found three crewmates (Blaine Frot, a navigator; Marie Hatcher, a doctor and Stefan Tyrell, a cook), but Jaxon felt he wasn’t ready for the Grand Line yet, so he sailed a little more in the East Blue and bumped into another rather new pirate crew. The two crews fought and Jaxon found a weird fruit which he automatically recognised as a Devil Fruit. He ate it and gained its powers (see below). He and his crew made it to Loguetown and on that day Whitebeard died. The adventure was just beginning.

Devil Fruit: Choko Choko no Mi, or the Choco-Choco Fruit. This is a Logia-type fruit, allowing Jaxon to turn into chocolate, control chocolate, turn items he touches into chocolate (the transformation of objects will first appear on the surface of an object he touches, meaning it will take a while to turn an item into chocolate fully), strengthen chocolate to steel-hard, create quicksand-type traps with melted chocolate… practically anything Jaxon can imagine doing with chocolate.

Weapons: Devil Fruit powers as well as a sword, though it is easy for Jaxon to use his powers to create new weapons such as new swords.

Bounty: None… yet

Position: Captain

Flag Post

Blood, I just feel we talk at cross-purposes. I can’t rest with you.
But this is the right universe, so there may appear canon characters.
Bluji, accepted.

Flag Post

[Hey a filler guy had a power like Tai’s.]

[Also, is this anime or manga canon in terms of Devil Fruit powers?]

[And what happens if someone takes a power that later appears in the chosen canon?]

[Currently I’m toying with the idea of a Logia-type ‘Plant-Plant Fruit’ (I don’t watch the dubs which are presumably terrible, but I doubt I can get the Jpnz names right). Of course, if I intend to play, I need to find someone to play with. I’m terrible at plotwriting, really.]

[Oh but guys what about Rokushiki and Seimei Kikan?]

Flag Post

[Hey a filler guy had a power like Tai’s.]

[Also, is this anime or manga canon in terms of Devil Fruit powers?]

[And what happens if someone takes a power that later appears in the chosen canon?]

[Currently I’m toying with the idea of a Logia-type ‘Plant-Plant Fruit’ (I don’t watch the dubs which are presumably terrible, but I doubt I can get the Jpnz names right). Of course, if I intend to play, I need to find someone to play with. I’m terrible at plotwriting, really.]

[Oh but guys what about Rokushiki and Seimei Kikan?]

He can 10000, meh. I nerf mine.
Whatever you prefer.
Doesn’t really matter.

Flag Post

How does saying my character is 5.5 feet tall mean I can’t read?