[Sign-ups] Map of the heart [One Piece RP] page 2

99 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by overfrost:

How does saying my character is 5.5 feet tall mean I can’t read?

All my usual Rules apply: 1. No imperial system. 2. NO imperial system.

Flag Post

Name: Dyrkemesse Eiyer
“Home”: Red Line, close to the West Blue shoreline.
Appearance: Caucasian, lean body type covered in shallow scars, roughly 175cm tall, sharply-angled face with a wide chin, black hair, dark brown eyes. Wears a dark grey t-shirt as part of an otherwise black three-piece suit, with the “Justice” jacket worn over the top, and, as a strange addition, a grey bandana that is designed to appear cracked across its length, such that, when worn over the mouth as it usually is by Dyrke, it looks like a row of jagged grey teeth in front of a black orifice.
Bio: Originally born as a slave, he was sold to a particularly rich member of the World Government aged just ten, and kept around for various inhumane purposes for a good ten years, including as a target for high levels of physical violence, often whip-based. Naturally, such constant abuse starting from such a young age led to an apparently nice and polite persona, but an utterly warped mindset and worldview. Even training himself to use Haki in secret, at whatever times he could, he felt he was incapable of overpowering the man keeping him in misery.
His luck changed when his would-be master brought home an unidentified Devil Fruit and attempted to taunt Dyrke with it. Naturally, Dyrke immediately took a chance and, biting into the fruit even as it was waved in front of his face, simultaneously gained its powers and invoked his master’s unerring wrath… which, Dyrke having turned intangible all of a sudden, was rendered utterly impotent. Reflexively, Dyrke lashed out with his Haki as an attempt at self defense, and succeeded in ripping a huge gash in his keeper’s side and throat, before running off and leaving him for dead.
For a good two days, Dyrke wandered around as a spectre, before finally figuring out how to turn the intangibility off, partially due to the necessity of consuming food and water in his corporeal form. Having done this, he began considering his own purpose in life, eventually coming to the conclusion that he was the world’s messiah, destined to somehow destroy every living being on the planet, and in doing so bring about a new era of undead glory. Or something to that effect.
Crazy, he most certainly was; however, he was still sane enough to acknowledge his insanity, and to acknowledge that nobody else would agree with his viewpoint unless he got himself into a political position of great, even absolute power. With that in mind, he enlisted himself in the Marines, and has since been working his way up the command ladder. With the rank of Lieutenant Commander only just recently placed in his hands, though, he still has a long way to go before attaining his position as the so-called “messiah of the world” he aspires to be.
Weapons: None, as of the beginning point of the game
Devil Fruit: Nuru Nuru no Mi (ヌルヌルの実), a.k.a. Null-Null Fruit. A Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows Dyrke to nullify certain aspects of his physical being, up to a maximum nullification of 100%; specifically, these aspects are his ability to be touched, his ability to be seen, his ability to be tasted, his ability to be smelled, and his ability to be heard, as well as his own mass. Note that nullifying the first five of these does not nullify his own senses of touch, sight, taste, smell and hearing, nor his ability to interact via any of those with what he desires (although these may be nullified separately as willed), instead producing an effect that, if applied appropriately, leaves him as an effective wraith – incapable of being interacted with if he doesn’t want to be interacted with, but entirely capable of interacting back at anything without resistance. Further applications include incredible stealth abilities, and, when his mass is nullified, practically unlimited speed, at least to the point that his senses can keep up. This ability holds parallels with those of certain Logia-type Devil Fruit, but is notably separate due to Dyrke’s inability to produce any amount of “nullification”, this being an abstract concept when not applied in a hypothetical situation. Additionally, as of current, he can only nullify a maximum of three of the above traits without suffering headaches and nausea, and no more than five before he loses consciousness, although his focus will almost certainly be too spread out to manage that many nullifications at once.
Haki: Dyrke’s control over Kenbunshoku Haki is relatively high – whilst not “mastered” by a long shot, it gives him a reasonable range in which he may detect the presence of other life forms; more importantly, though, is the fact that it grants him a full second’s worth of prediction with regards to most actions. This, combined with the speed boosting potential of his Devil Fruit, allows him to dodge just about any attack with a significant amount of time to spare, and even modify his own attack motions in order to outsmart other users of this form of Haki.
At the same time, his control over Busoshoku Haki is fairly good, although it is only rarely used as the “invisible armour” it is meant to be, on account of Dyrke’s Devil Fruit powers; instead, it is primarily utilised for mid- and long-ranged offensives, projected towards targets he does not wish to engage in melee as shockwaves of sheer brute force. Additionally, he also uses it as a method of enhancing his wraith form melee attacks when necessary, a particularly useful application against other Devil Fruit wielders, who may or may not be able to ignore assaults made with use of just his Devil Fruit.
For obvious reasons, Haoshoku Haki is entirely out of Dyrke’s grasp; however, his own mental strangeness grants him a good degree of resistance against attempts to utilise such an effect against him.
Faction: Marine

Flag Post

Logias.
Well, I have to admit a version of Dezzan is simply an user of a Star-Star Fruit (Logia). I don’t have a patent, so I won’t call you out on that, Blood – I’ll stick to the part with single-minded girl-chasing. Most of your characters are that…
So we’d have the Nuke, the Star, and the Light, who is canon and probably faster than both of us. Three’s a crowd…

Name: Gerhard “Really” Pants
“Home”: Somber Island of North Blue
Appearance: At first sight, Gerhard looks similar to Vice Admiral Strawberry, on account of having a lot of vertical head. In Gerhard’s case, however, it’s hair, not an actual tall head. Gerhard is a natural blonde, although it doesn’t show – his hair is dyed and multiple hats hang off it. That fruity design carries over to the rest of Gerhard’s garb – he has quite a lot of clothes on him, all varied in colour to create… mess. There is no arrangement, no attempt at rainbows.
Posture-wise, Gerhard would be rather tall if it wasn’t for the fact he looks… bent all the time. Not just hunched – sometimes leaning back. He has no abnormal width to him – in fact, he’d be quite lanky if he straightened up.
Bio: In childhood, two factors contributed towards Gerhard becoming a pirate – the dreariness of his homeland and the fact he was bullied due to his extremely unfortunate name. He started low, as a cabin boy of the Somber Pirates – during one landing, he found a Devil Fruit and tried it, keeping it a secret from his crewmates. Eventually, when he got old enough, he started his own pirate crew – a run-of-the-mill one, without even giving it a proper name.
Everything changed as Gerhard’s crew met the Shichibukai Donquixote Doflamingo in his full glory. The Warlord decided to let the smallfry, bountyless crew off, but the impression has burnt itself in Gerhard’s mind. He decided to become that fancy. He found himself a mania and copied the style – and the mania became… hats.
Gerhard has put together a better crew (there’s at least one Impel Down escapee among them) and set sail towards the common aim of all pirates. Something caused him to notice the hat – the straw one passed down from one incredibly influential pirate to other. That, along with One Piece which could turn out to be a hat as well, is Gerhard’s aim. As well as all the other famous hats – the one with an entire seagull on it, the one with the two faces, Whitebeard’s bandana…
Weapons: To go with his style, Gerhard fights with whatever he has at hand. Usually, Marine grunts grant him those typical cutlasses they carry, then he fights with those. Sometimes he takes out nunchucks from somewhere on him.
Devil fruit: The fruit is tentatively named Ito Ito no Mi. Its exact powers are unknown, but it does allow Gerhard to manipulate his hair. That’s all the public knows so far. (GM PM available if clarity is needed)
Faction: Pirate
Bounty: 29837453 Beli – or at least that’s what Gerhard claims it is. In actuality, Gerhard tends to change his face from time to time, so his posters become outdated quickly.
Position: Captain of the Fabric Pirates

Flag Post

The fruit is tentatively named Ito Ito no Mi. Its exact powers are unknown, but it does allow Gerhard to manipulate his hair. That’s all the public knows so far. (GM PM available if clarity is needed)

[SEIMEI KIKAN or however it’s spelled]

Flag Post

While Legends character seems slighty OP, I don’t exactly what to call OP. Accepted.
Minnakht accepted.

Originally posted by Knoob85687:

The fruit is tentatively named Ito Ito no Mi. Its exact powers are unknown, but it does allow Gerhard to manipulate his hair. That’s all the public knows so far. (GM PM available if clarity is needed)

[SEIMEI KIKAN or however it’s spelled]

Indeed, that would be better than a fruit.

Flag Post

It wouldn’t be the same.

Besides, Gerhard lacks the necessary mindset.

Flag Post

On one hand I am completely humiliated, on the other I now know what the term Imperial system means.
fixed the problem

Flag Post
Originally posted by overfrost:

On one hand I am completely humiliated, on the other I now know what the term Imperial system means.
fixed the problem

You know, pounds are imperial too.

Flag Post

Okay now it’s fixed.

Flag Post

Well, I have to admit a version of Dezzan is simply an user of a Star-Star Fruit (Logia). I don’t have a patent, so I won’t call you out on that, Blood

I stole the idea from a high school friend. He came up with a Nuke-Nuke Fruit; I just expanded on it.

While Legends character seems slighty OP, I don’t exactly what to call OP. Accepted.

You accidentally the verb.

You don’t know what to call overpowered? Well, let’s see… With his Devil Fruit alone, Dyrke is able to:
- rip apart any physical object with ease;
- render himself totally undetectable;
- move at arbitrarily fast speeds;
- render himself totally impervious to all damage.

See, it’s abilities like these that makes me think my character is going to get curbstomped the moment he steps outside.

Flag Post

[Hey, that gives me an idea.]

[If a Plant-Plant Fruit is used, could the fibres in wood be rearranged to make paper without any other process being undergone?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Well, I have to admit a version of Dezzan is simply an user of a Star-Star Fruit (Logia). I don’t have a patent, so I won’t call you out on that, Blood

I stole the idea from a high school friend. He came up with a Nuke-Nuke Fruit; I just expanded on it.

You accidentally the verb.

You don’t know what to call overpowered? Well, let’s see… With his Devil Fruit alone, Dyrke is able to:
- rip apart any physical object with ease;
- render himself totally undetectable;
- move at arbitrarily fast speeds;
- render himself totally impervious to all damage.

See, it’s abilities like these that makes me think my character is going to get curbstomped the moment he steps outside.

You funny. But I mean I didn’t know what to call Op, because it would destroy his character or his fruit’s idea.
But if you say so, if we say, that he can nullify them to a certain extent, not do more than one or two nullifies at the same time and remove the rip apart, I feel better. (Whenever I suggest nerf, I hav that feeling I destrox the character)

[Hey, that gives me an idea.]

[If a Plant-Plant Fruit is used, could the fibres in wood be rearranged to make paper without any other process being undergone?]

If you want to.

Flag Post

[The utility uses for the Plant-Plant Fruit are just too great. I think I’ll make a character based around that. Now I just need to find a player willing to buddy up with me.]

Flag Post

What’s the maximum level of power a player character can have, Taiboss? I asked if my character can be as strong as one of the three Marine admirals, but you never gave me a straight answer.

destrox

Not to be rude or anything, but how did you make this typo…? The X and Y keys are relatively far apart on a regular QWERTY keyboard. Are you using some other kind of keyboard?

Flag Post

What’s the maximum level of power a player character can have, Taiboss? I asked if my character can be as strong as one of the three Marine admirals, but you never gave me a straight answer.

destrox

Not to be rude or anything, but how did you make this typo…? The X and Y keys are relatively far apart on a regular QWERTY keyboard. Are you using some other kind of keyboard?

I didn’t? Well… A vice-admiral, like maybe Garp.
I use QWERTZ.

[The utility uses for the Plant-Plant Fruit are just too great. I think I’ll make a character based around that. Now I just need to find a player willing to buddy up with me.]

We all should buddy up together, but since there are another captains and stuff, I might change that.

Flag Post

Well… A vice-admiral, like maybe Garp.

So if I say that my character’s power level is the same as a vice-admiral, he would be acceptable?

I use QWERTZ.

So Y and X are right next to each other? Okay…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

destrox

I didn’t? Well… A vice-admiral, like maybe Garp.
I use QWERTZ.

[… You realise Garp in his prime is probably stronger than any of the current Admirals? At his present power level, I wouldn’t be surprised if he could take on an Admiral (although he’d probably lose).]

[And wait a second is this pre or post timeskip.]

Flag Post

So if I say that my character’s power level is the same as a vice-admiral, he would be acceptable?

I use QWERTZ.

Yes, i accept it, and yes, Y and X are together, and shifting 1-0 results !"§$%&/()=. It also includes a ä,ö,ü, and ß.

Knoob, maybe, but he is just an example, and pre and in time skip

Flag Post

I use QWERTZ.

Yes, i accept it, and yes, Y and X are together, and shifting 1-0 results !"§$%&/()=. It also includes a ä,ö,ü, and ß.

Knoob, pre and in time skip

[So this game shifts into an alternate continuity during the timeskip?]

Flag Post

Can I have a second character with this main account? If not, what if I use an alt? If not, what if I make an alt but pretend to be someone else using it?

Flag Post

I don’t know how you can assume that. Whatever we do, nothing can interrupt/prevent what after in the timeskip is done/resulted.

Can I have a second character with this main account? If not, what if I use an alt? If not, what if I make an alt but pretend to be someone else using it?

You don’t even have a first character.

Flag Post

I don’t know how you can assume that. Whatever we do, nothing can interrupt/prevent what after in the timeskip is done/resulted.

[I don’t know, someone could do something plot-major like kill a character or become a notorious pirate.]

[I assume you say that because he hasn’t edited his profile yet?]

[EDIT: Also, I just noticed that Bluji already asked about the time the game takes place at… Glurk.]

Flag Post

I’ve changed the Nuru Nuru no Mi’s abilities to Tai’s requests, mostly. Also, could I bring up this, just because it happens to be relevant to a previous character?

Flag Post

1. I’m going to edit my first character’s profile later.

2. Even if I don’t have a first character, I still want my question answered.

Will of the D

I’m fully aware of that part. In fact, that’s exactly why I gave my character that D middle initial.

Flag Post

I’m fully aware of that part. In fact, that’s exactly why I gave my character that D middle initial.

…intriguing. But okay.