[Sign-ups] Map of the heart [One Piece RP] page 3

99 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

I’ve changed the Nuru Nuru no Mi’s abilities to Tai’s requests, mostly. Also, could I bring up this, just because it happens to be relevant to a previous character?

Well. that’s better. Fully accepted, but 100% is not an certain extent, but whatever

Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

2. Even if I don’t have a first character, I still want my question answered.

…can you answer the question please, Tai?

Maybe, if it fits. I don’t really care.

Flag Post

2. Even if I don’t have a first character, I still want my question answered.

…can you answer the question please, Tai?

EDIT: Answered above, apparently.

Flag Post

Just a completely random and unnecessary notice to Minn’s character’s fruit — one of my plans was to use “Hone Hone no Mi”, the Bone-Bone Berry allowing usage of bones as weapons.

And yes, I said this was going to be a random notice and it has nothing to do with anything, but I just wanted to mention it. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Just a completely random and unnecessary notice to Minn’s character’s fruit — one of my plans was to use “Hone Hone no Mi”, the Bone-Bone Berry allowing usage of bones as weapons.

And yes, I said this was going to be a random notice and it has nothing to do with anything, but I just wanted to mention it. :D

[But Luffy already has his HONE FUUSEN]

Flag Post

Edited my character sheet. Basically, my character’s strength is now the same as one of the stronger vice-admirals. He was able to defeat several vice-admirals, presumably the weaker ones, but was defeated by a single admiral rather than two. Said admiral definitely survived his suicide bombing attack, which is no longer compared to a low-yield nuclear bomb. And his former bounty has been lowered from over 1 billion to just 0.6 billion. Is this okay?

Also, the Nuke-Nuke Fruit now looks like a mushroom. For obvious reasons.

Flag Post

Edited my character sheet. Basically, my character’s strength is now the same as one of the stronger vice-admirals. He was able to defeat several vice-admirals, presumably the weaker ones, but was defeated by a single admiral rather than two. Said admiral definitely survived his suicide bombing attack, which is no longer compared to a low-yield nuclear bomb. And his former bounty has been lowered from over 1 billion to just 0.6 billion. Is this okay?

[Master Spark isn’t as powerful as a nuke, is it…?]

Flag Post

His past and strengh is far more realistic now. Accepted.

Flag Post

That’s fine. I wonder, though…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

That’s fine. I wonder, though…

You wonder, “though”?

Flag Post

Time for my second character. If she doesn’t get accepted, there’s no way my first character would really work.

Name: “Lilia”.

“Home”: Unknown.

Appearance: Appearing to be 18 years old, Lilia is an exceptionally attractive girl. She is 162 cm tall, with fair skin, a lithe and graceful build, and curves in all the right places, a body that makes females envious and males drool. Her eye color, and hair color and style, may vary, but often she has long, straight, waist-length glossy silver hair tied into two pigtails by blue butterfly-shaped hair decorations, and wide, sparkling, sky blue eyes. She apparently has an unlimited number of outfits, and never seems to wear the same outfit twice. The outfits can be wildly different from one another, but they are generally designed to appear cute and ever so slightly fetishistic, a look that Lilia pulls off exceptionally well; the outfits frequently feature miniskirts, thigh-high boots with tastefully high heels, tight-fitting tops, and detached sleeves for good measure. Also, no matter how short her skirt is, and how energetically she dances on stage, the skirt always seems to just barely prevents Lilia’s panties from being seen.
For details on why Lilia looks this way, please refer to her Devil Fruit powers and Haki. No, of course she doesn’t naturally look that good; there are obviously some supernatural hijinks going on.

Devil Fruit: Tama Tama no Mi (タマタマの実), or Soul-Soul Fruit. This Logia-type fruit allows Lilia to turn herself into thoughts, or her thoughts into reality. By “thoughts”, I mean some kind of “psychic energy”. And by “reality”, I mean physical matter and energy. Both effects are temporary, and will cause her mental fatigue if she tries to hold it for too long.
By turning her body and clothes into psychic energy, Lilia’s whole body becomes a translucent bluish white light that she can manipulate at will. The color of this energy can be changed freely and turned totally invisible. This energy is weightless, and almost totally intangible, allowing Lilia to fly at extremely high speeds and harmlessly pass through most attacks. Extremely powerful attacks, especially energy-based ones, may still be able to damage her, though not as much as they will damage a physical object. Attempting to rematerialize while submerged in a fluid, like air or water, will push the fluid particles aside as she becomes corporeal; she cannot rematerialize if any part of her is inside a solid object. When rematerializing, Lilia can change her physical appearance, including clothes, to anything she wants, permanently, though this doesn’t apply to any new clothes she puts on or any items she carries. She has been wearing technically the same set of clothes as she did when she first ate this Devil Fruit. Lilia can hold herself in this “spirit form” for a day before feeling tired, and hold it for a maximum of two days before falling unconscious. Any body part of hers reflexively turns into psychic energy when attacked.
While touching a sentient creature with her psychic energy, Lilia may telepathically communicate with it, and attempt to read or influence its thoughts, emotions, senses, and memories. Animals can be all but totally controlled, and weak-willed people influenced easily, but this is immensely difficult if used on strong-willed people. And the difficulty increases accordingly when attempting to influence multiple minds at once.
By turning her psychic energy into physical matter and energy, Lilia can conjure simple objects like clothes and weapons and control them, but not complex machinery and firearms; those are too complicated for her to hold in her mind. Conjured objects stay solid as long as Lilia focuses on them, though doing it for a long time can lead to mental fatigue. The power with which these conjured objects can be moved is determined by Lilia’s willpower. A single object like a sword can be maintained for about six hour before fatigue occurs, and up to twelve hours until unconsciousness. Multiple objects multiply the difficulty, and so does moving the objects around with a lot of power.
Psychic energy related to Lilia’s emotions can also be turned into energies that have physical effects. Her positive emotions can be turned into a bright, warm energy that strengthens whatever it touches, and heals and removes negative status effects from living beings. Her negative emotions can be turned into a dark, frigidly cold energy that weakens whatever it touches and causes decay. These effects can be selective if Lilia wishes; e.g. the dark energy borne from her anger usually will not harm those who she isn’t angry at. The magnitudes of their effects are determined by Lilia’s willpower, and their energy consumption is similar to conjuring objects.
Lastly, Lilia can turn psychic energy into illusions that affect one or more of the five senses. Different from direct mental influence, those illusions affect everyone around Lilia, unless she specifically makes certain people exempt from the illusions’ effects. For example, if she makes the illusion of a giant pink elephant, everyone will see a giant pink elephant. Those with higher willpowers can more easily distinguish Lilia’s illusions from reality. Those illusions can be dispersed by sufficiently strong attacks, especially energy-based ones. More complex and realistic illusions are more difficult and tiring, though creating illusions is considerably easier than conjuring objects or throwing around emotional energy.

Haki:
Lilia isn’t very proficient at Busoushoku Haki. She can passively infuse herself with Haki to more easily withstand other Haki-enhanced attacks, and enhance some of her conjured objects with Haki, but that’s about it.
Lilia is extremely skilled in the use of Kenbunshoku Haki. She is usually aware of almost everything that goes on around her, and can predict their actions and reactions accordingly. This, combined with psychic powers from her Devil Fruit, allows Lilia to sense and read emotions with exceptional accuracy.
Lilia is one of the rare individuals that possess Haoushoku Haki, and is a master at its usage. She’s so skilled that, in fact, she’s able to use this type of Haki to subtly affect how others perceive him, subtly enough that even strong-willed people are affected when a direct attempt to knock them out using Haki will fail. At all times, Lilia exudes an invisible aura around her that makes her appear extremely cute, pretty, endearing, and generally moe, regardless of the circumstances and the viewer’s preferences. That’s all it does; it doesn’t actually control people’s thoughts or anything. People are more likely to be friendly toward her and agree to her requests, but this doesn’t mean that hostility toward her is impossible.

Weapons: An elegant silver rapier conjured by Lilia’s Devil Fruit power, with several uses. It is generally an illusion that passes through the enemy to inflict great illusory pain but no actual damage. If she has no choice but to fight seriously, the rapier is an actual sword enhanced by Haki and her positive emotional energy that can punch through steel with ease. But it’s still a rapier, mind you, so still can’t be used to block attacks or anything like that. Lilia is an incredibly nimble and elusive fighter, relying on her agility to dodge attacks and win fights.

Faction: Independent.

Bounty: None.

Bio:
Known only by a single name, Lilia is an idol singer and one of the most famous performers in the East Blue. Her extremely beautiful voice, cute appearance, bright and cheerful demeanor, skilled dances, catchy melodies, and heartwarming lyrics generally make her performances immensely enjoyable. But beneath that innocent exterior lies something far more formidable. Lilia looks 18, and honestly acts her age, it’s mostly just an incredibly convincing act; she is in fact extremely intelligent, cunning, and knows how to manipulate people to get what she wants. She ruthlessly milks every last drop out of her own cute and appealing image and popularity, and uses her powers to subtly nudge people’s thoughts, so that they’ll give her outrageous discounts and sometimes even give her stuff for free. But she’s in no way a bad person. Most of the time she actually is as nice as she acts, she almost never cheats money off of those who really need it, and she won’t hesitate to help someone in need. Despite her calculating nature, Lilia can often be very spontaneous and adventurous, though she usually considers the benefits and drawbacks before deciding whether to give in to one such spontaneous whim. She truly enjoys singing, and the happiness that her music brings to people makes her happy too, especially since she can read people’s happiness easily. And she’s insatiably curious. As a result, she wants to travel around the whole world, see all of its wonders, and spread her music around for everyone to enjoy.
Lilia’s past is something that no one seems to know. As expected of someone popular in the showbiz, there are some rumors of her floating around, but Lilia is generally loved enough that almost none of those rumors turn nasty. Few know that she’s anything more than just a really good singer, and even fewer know about her Devil Fruit or Haki. The public version of her background is that a few years ago, she just appeared out of nowhere in some famous auditioning program for budding young stars, and completely blew all of her spectators away, though not literally; her fame just soared afterwards. She does have a past, she is older than she looks, and her real full name isn’t just “Lilia”, but things like those are the things she’d rather forget and wouldn’t want anyone to find out. But she isn’t worried though, as whatever appearance she had back then was completely different from how she appears now.
Very recently, there was a pirate attack on the place where she was having a live concert. Lilia allowed herself to be captured by the pirates, thinking that she’d defeat those clowns easily, take their money, and donate it to charity. But before she could do so, the pirates were suddenly taken down by a young man who identified himself as Johan D. Helius. Impressed by the man’s strength, slightly smitten by his face that she found rather handsome, intrigued by the look in his eyes that spoke of an interesting hidden past, and overtaken by another one of her spontaneous urges, Lilia demanded that the man becomes her bodyguard. And it just so happened that the man was looking for a job. After effortlessly passing all the disproportionately hard tests put forth by Lilia’s sadistic managers, Johan was hired.
It’s not that Lilia ever actually needed a bodyguard. But she couldn’t convince her managers to just let her travel freely around the world by herself, not without resorting to outright mind control or revealing her true power to them. Now that she has a bodyguard, and an incredibly strong one at that, she’s finally allowed to go wherever she wants, provided that she’s followed by Johan at all times and doesn’t purposefully attract too much attention to herself.

Current Goal: Travel around the whole world, see all its wonders, and make her songs heard by all of the world’s inhabitants.

If you think Lilia’s Devil Fruit has way too many uses… Keep in mind that Devil Fruit powers do not grow stronger over time; the users just find more ways to use them. Each Devil Fruit power is supposed to have a lot of different, but related, uses. She has nowhere near the massive damage potential Johan has, so I think Lilia actually isn’t as overpowered as I originally thought she is.

Flag Post

Hey, wait a minute… You said the canon characters may make an appearance, and that we’re not allowed to contradict canon events. But I haven’t read much of the manga after the timeskip, and don’t want to start reading it just so I can play this game. How much of the canon do I need to know?

Flag Post

Accepted.

Hey, wait a minute… You said the canon characters may make an appearance, and that we’re not allowed to contradict canon events. But I haven’t read much of the manga after the timeskip, and don’t want to start reading it just so I can play this game. How much of the canon do I need to know?

You don’t have to know as much, whatever you do, it will end up normal. Like everything you do is supposed to happen.

Flag Post

whatever you do, it will end up normal. Like everything you do is supposed to happen.

Uh… What if I accidentally kill an important canon character or something?

Flag Post

I’d say we’re playing inside the timeskip. As long as you leave most people alive, the after-timeskip part can play out. If you know who is an important canon character, just avoid killing those.

If you don’t, avoid killing NPCs in general.

Notice my character has no Haki or anything like a high power level. Any of you could kill him more or less easily.

Flag Post

If you know who is an important canon character, just avoid killing those.

Which is why I’d avoid dragging any canon characters into this at all.

avoid killing NPCs in general.

A pacifist run in a world like One Piece is rather difficult, methinks.

Notice my character has no Haki or anything like a high power level. Any of you could kill him more or less easily.

I wonder about that…

Flag Post

It’s true, though.

High up, Fruits cease to matter. Swordsmen cleave things with dimensions measured in meters – frozen tsunamis, entire buildings, palace towers. Hakers dodge everything predictable and hit through any Logia form, often barehanded. Admiral Kizaru is held at gunpoint by Benn Beckman – never mind lightspeed, the guy with a gun that’s a Yonkou’s first mate still is a threat that can kill you if you move, because he’s a Haker.

Post-timeskip, Zoro and Sanji are.

My character might be roughly as strong as pre-timeskip Sanji, or maybe weaker. Jabra/Jyabura of the CP9 was a roughly fair match for Sanji, so would he be for Gerhard – maybe with less confidence in victory. Then, it was… Absalom, and that’s all Sanji got to fight, if memory serves…

Yeah, about that strong. Below pre-timeskip Luffy, who was most likely still outmatched by those who you compare yourself to.

Anyway, if there’s savviness you’ve shown, it’s the part where you decide to have good Haki. An overpowered Fruit is not that meaningful, its existence also exposes you to being dunked by any ol’ pair of Kairoseki handcuffs or just by being dunked in the ocean.

Flag Post

An overpowered Fruit is not that meaningful, its existence also exposes you to being dunked by any ol’ pair of Kairoseki handcuffs

You think I wouldn’t be able to get around that? Surround wrists with a layer of Haki to prevent skin contact with Kairouseki. Go wild.

or just by being dunked in the ocean.

Solid waterproof Haki armor, and-

…I guess you’re right. But I don’t think giant balls of nuclear plasma are to be laughed at in any situations. Not totally useless, at least.

So which of the three admirals defeated my character? Akainu? Magma only goes up to about 1600 °C, while plasma can go above that easily. And Johan isn’t likely to do too badly in a direct Haki contest against Akainu either. But Kizaru and Aokiji don’t seem to have as much massive damage potential as Akainu.

Flag Post

I’m really not sure if Busoshoku Haki works that way, really. Luffy is the only one which actually shows when he uses it – the others don’t, and it never made any material constructs like that.

In an admiral fight, you’d want an out-Haki rather than anything Fruit-related. Akainu is the only one who’d bother doing anything, though, with the other two being rather laid back.
With Haki, the Fruit doesn’t matter – the ‘human below’ is hit by attacks, and it’s that one that needs to be strong and tough, with the superpower being just a nice graphical overlay.

Barring Haking, you’re looking at natural weaknesses. Finding any of those is unlikely on you.

Flag Post

I’m really not sure if Busoshoku Haki works that way, really.

Aren’t there swords and barriers made of Busoushoku Haki? Besides, my character sheet explicitly says Johan can form simple constructs out of Haki.

With Haki, the Fruit doesn’t matter – the ‘human below’ is hit by attacks, and it’s that one that needs to be strong and tough

Johan presumably trained himself to be a badass normal like that too. And screwed around with his own genes via radiation to increase physical power. That, and he infuses himself with Haki to counteract other Haki-based attacks. Akainu in magma form can do that, right?

Akainu is the only one who’d bother doing anything, though, with the other two being rather laid back.

Okay, Akainu then. For now, I’ll say that Johan went Black Sun, but was unable to defeat Akainu in 30 minutes. When Black Sun ran out, he was screwed. I’d say that the Nuke-Nuke Fruit is strictly superior to the Magma-Magma Fruit, just like how the Magma-Magma Fruit is strictly superior to the Flame-Flame Fruit, but Johan still lost against Akainu, which shows just how powerful Akainu is.

Also, when are we starting?

Flag Post

Because of a sudden bout of depression, I may or may not be in the mood to actual play once this game starts. As a result, there is a chance that I may withdraw my sign.

Flag Post

[I really should have started playing already. I’ll get around to it at some point.]

But Kizaru and Aokiji don’t seem to have as much massive damage potential as Akainu.

[Borsalino has always seemed the most overpowered to me due to his ridiculous speed. He was capable of destroying a Yarukiman Mangrove (a giant island tree) by accident and when he could actually be bothered trying, he beat four of the Eleven Supernovas (notably Basil Hawkins and X Drake, though also Urouge and Scratchmen Apoo). He was assisted by a Pacifista (that didn’t do much), but had he cared to try the same result would have been achieved.]

[As for motivation, both Borsalino and Kuzan will likely attack a pirate if they see one. Kuzan attacked Nico Robin when he was just there to visit her. The only reason he hadn’t killed her already was because he believed it morally wrong to do so, or something along those lines. Borsalino couldn’t find Sentomaru, so attacked Basil Hawkins (249, 000, 000 Beli) out of boredom. If either met him by chance with such a massive bounty on his head, and were confident they could handle him, then they’d probably start a fight.]

[Sakazuki is the only one who’d bother doing anything that takes effort, but he’s only about as powerful as Kuzan, who presumably lacks the weakness.]

Flag Post

Umm Knoob i have a question, How did you come up with your username?

Flag Post

If you want to start, I will start now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

If you want to start, I will start now.

[That’s probably a good idea: I don’t think anyone who has signed up wants to wait (except perhaps Blood_Shadow who will still be able to play later, if he still wants to) and I’m the only one who has expressed interest and not signed up to my recollection (though I didn’t take particular note of this sort of thing) and it probably would be a good thing.]

Flag Post

[Add link to game in opening posts plz]