[Sign-ups] Map of the heart [One Piece RP] page 4

99 posts

Flag Post

[Okay, let’s try this.]

[If everything seems arbitrary and… Eh, unawesome, that’s because the idea is to play the game rather than spend more effort on the character than actually playing. I don’t have any awesome extraordinary names, for example. A lot of these fields don’t actually have much relevance to what I’m trying to do, so I’ll probably end up being vague or boring.]

Name: Jake Blunt.
Age: Around 18? Yeah, I’m pretty sure 18’s where he’s at. We’ll go with 18.
Gender: Horrible tentacle monster from outer space, like he was BC’s character or something Male.
“Home:” I think it was a place. A small village somewhere on an island in some sea. Probably East Blue, considering that he’s in Loguetown, apparently. It was pretty forgettable, so colour me surprised if even he still remembers the name of the village.
Appearance: Well, he looks like a guy. Not a very remarkable one at that. Almost exactly average height and build, normally messy black hair, squinty brown eyes. The hair is pretty much held in place by a green bandana, and other than that he wears some sort of garment that could be described as an dirty apron (the sort used by gardeners) and a plain ordinary set of a brown shirt, brown trousers and brown boots, which are overall pretty unremarkable. They’re also usually dirty somehow. It’s like it’s a matter of policy to keep them dirty, even though he does his laundry occasionally and switches between sets of clothing.
Bio: This is the part for the obligatory interesting history that drives the character and makes them move forward. It’s usually emotional and tearful. It’s usually pretty dramatic and helps the ‘audience’ get attached to the character. … Unfortunately, it doesn’t exist in this case. Jake is pretty unremarkable (this is what the third time I’ve used this word) and he’s certainly not a hero with a moving backstory that drives him towards his ultimate goal. He’s just a perfectly ordinary person, to the point that his ordinariness would be extraordinary if it wasn’t for a few personality quirks and a Devil Fruit power. If anything, his ordinariness is the only thing he has to drive him. Maybe he wants to do something. Maybe he wants people to pay attention to him. He isn’t really sure, so he’s probably going to go on an epic quest to ‘find himself’. Then once he finds himself he’s likely going to slap ‘himself’ across the face and give ‘himself’ a solid shake, followed by asking what the fork he’s been doing for 18 years of his life.
Devil Fruit: The Plant-Plant Fruit. A Logia-type, and one that makes him a ‘Plant-Man’ and allows him to generate infinite plant matter, and then control it, in addition to allowing him to create plant products by manipulating the plant from within and create structures out of produced plants, allows him to weaponise plants, often hardening them to steel-like hardness. Unlike other Devil Fruits, however, there’s a lot of variety in plants, and they’re pretty complicated things to make. Therefore, unless he knows how, he can’t make a particular kind of plant, which is a pity as some are pretty exotic. If he could make Adam Wood, he’d be a billionaire in no time. In addition, as a walking plant factory, he’d probably be able to get a lot of uses out of plants. However, it’s not that easy. Either he can perform a lot of complicated SCIENCE! (because it’s mad science and may not be ‘science’ in the actual sense of the word, the capitalisation and exclamation mark are obligatory) in order to work out exactly how a plant is composed (probably lots of textbook research) or he can encounter a sample of the plant, using his power to analyse whatever characteristics he needs to know and presumably store them in some shorthand condensed form. He probably doesn’t have many ‘blueprints’ for plants yet, in any case. Don’t ask me how exactly it works: I’m not Vegapunk, after all.
Weapons: HIS FISTS. Oh, and the ability to form steel-hard plants which he can then use to smite opponents. It may also be worth noting that somewhere along the line he has picked up the two ‘mobility’ Rokushiki techniques: Soru and Geppou. He’s probably not that powerful despite his apparent physical strength and Devil Fruit ability-He doesn’t have Haki, after all.
Faction: Not really any for now, so Independent.
Current Goal: To fill out that Biography section for any possible future games! (Or in other, more accurate within the game’s context, terms, to do something interesting with his life.)

Flag Post

Accepted.

Flag Post

[I’m not doing anything yet because I’m waiting for either the point where I reach the Loguetown arc in the animoo (re-watching, normally I read the manga ‘cause it’s further ahead, but hell why not) or for any sudden inspiration to arrive.]

Flag Post

Is there a stadium or something in Loguetown where Lilia can have a live concert? No, she will not sing in a bar or a tavern or something unless absolutely necessary. How did Brook go about being a rock star?

Flag Post

How did Brook go about being a rock star?

He was punted by Kuma to a village which was just trying to summon Satan to win a war against another tribe or something. As a result (my memory’s fuzzy on the details there) a Longarm tribe came into possession of him, and by music he became popular among them (although possibly still caged).
After the timeskip, some Longarm people kept being his managers, and weren’t too happy about their cash cow leaving to be a pirate.

So I suppose he was showed around as a sideshow weird at first.

Flag Post

No, I meant the details. How different is the show business in the One Piece world compared to the real world?

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure brooks went from playing on the streets of a small village to performing on stage on Saobody archipelago so there are definitely a variety of venues.

Flag Post

And no one answered my question. I asked if there are any such stadiums or stages in Loguetown where a live concert by some rock star can be held. If not, I suppose I’ll need to make one up?

Flag Post

How different is the show business in the One Piece world compared to the real world?

I would need to know the real world way of doing this first.

I asked if there are any such stadiums or stages in Loguetown where a live concert by some rock star can be held.

No idea, really. None were shown, so just check how big of a place the town is. It is certainly a memorable location, so it could have something to cater for tourists…

Flag Post

so just check how big of a place the town is

The wiki says Loguetown is not a town but actually a city, so… I assume it’s big enough to have at least one such stadium.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

so just check how big of a place the town is

The wiki says Loguetown is not a town but actually a city, so… I assume it’s big enough to have at least one such stadium.

It is.

Flag Post

Due to various reasons, I’m afraid I’ll have to withdraw my sign from this game. I’m sorry. Just pretend my characters never existed, since I never posted anything.

Flag Post

Due to various reasons, I’m afraid I’ll have to withdraw my sign from this game. I’m sorry. Just pretend my characters never existed, since I never posted anything.

Can you tell at least which are the reasons of this?

Flag Post

My guess is something about ‘my characters are terribly overpowered so I don’t want to play only to kill you all and hear your whining about it’
Especially since he probably wouldn’t pause for the GM either.

Flag Post

By the way, as everyone seems to dominate at least one type of haki, can I edit my character to give him the use of one haki?

Flag Post

I suppose you can, but… everyone? I don’t, I don’t think the word guy does have any either… Haki’s just what the overpowered ones have.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

I suppose you can, but… everyone? I don’t, I don’t think the word guy does have any either… Haki’s just what the overpowered ones have.

[My guy lacks Haki, mahn]

Flag Post

I was originally thinking about Jaxon having Haki, but scrapped that idea. Though, he could have the Will of the D, since Jaxon Downey.

Flag Post

A few things.
1. I don’t think that’s how the Will of the D. works, Bluji. It’s it’s own initial, rather than anything representing an actual name or what have you.
2. I would suggest allowing Behemoth’s edit, if not for the fact that my character is just about to fight him and the rest of his group, and he may or may not be using that as an excuse to try and up his advantage in what is already a 3-on-1… well, a 3-on-1plusunspecifiedmookvalue fight. Forgive the paranoia, but…

Flag Post

The problem with the Will is that we don’t know what it does. So far, all it does is marks people as plot-important for Oda’s purposes and makes them smile in face of death. Personally I recommend against using it – if it has any other special interactions, we could portray stuff unfaithfully.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

A few things.
1. I don’t think that’s how the Will of the D. works, Bluji. It’s it’s own initial, rather than anything representing an actual name or what have you.
2. I would suggest allowing Behemoth’s edit, if not for the fact that my character is just about to fight him and the rest of his group, and he may or may not be using that as an excuse to try and up his advantage in what is already a 3-on-1… well, a 3-on-1plusunspecifiedmookvalue fight. Forgive the paranoia, but…

[You don’t need to win.]

[And you already said that you were overpowered, so people wanting to not get totally slaughtered by you isn’t exactly unusual.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Can you tell at least which are the reasons of this?

Well…

Because of a sudden bout of depression, I may or may not be in the mood to actual play once this game starts. As a result, there is a chance that I may withdraw my sign.

Flag Post

Omnipotence is a thing not a describing word. Omnipotent is a describing word but an omnipotent button wouldn’t do anything to me it would make the button omnipotent.

Flag Post

Shouldn’t you have removed my characters from the character list by now, Taiboss? I’m not playing.