[Game] Map of the heart [One Piece RP] page 2 (locked)

121 posts

Flag Post

Gerhard

I cease my gallivanting as a dirty man drops in my way, blocking my intended path.
He has a decent bandana. Green one. Maybe he’s a poison man. No, the rest of his garb doesn’t fit… and he’s so dirty. Ugh. So much water in the world, and yet people can’t get themselves clean… Well, I suppose it’s rather hypocritical, I don’t get to bathe in the sea for obvious reasons. Nevertheless.
“Who- how did you get here?’’
Now, now, me. Be polite.
“Can I help you in any way?”
Let’s be peaceful here. It’d be dishonorable not to be in this town.
Just in case, I unfurl a bunch of thin feeler hairs to get some information from all over. It’ll also be useful if he runs – could restrain him. If he was escaping, I might as well help the chasing ones if this one turns out to be unlikable…

[Those are thin enough to be hard to spot.]

Flag Post

Jake Blunt

“I got here by flying, as any normal person would.” It can’t be that uncommon that people fly, after all. I do it quite often. “Before that, by sailing. You probably can’t help me unless you know why I’m here because I certainly don’t. I came to Loguetown to find out why I’m here, but so far it doesn’t appear to be working. As for who…” I get up, and strike something resembling a dramatic pose. “I came here to find that out, but for now, I am…” I shift my pose as I deliver the next bit. “Jake Blunt, self-proclaimed greatest gardener in the world! Can I help you, to be more to the point?” That probably wasn’t the right thing to be saying, but I made the point I was trying to make anyway. Hopefully there will be no more pirates, especially while I’m caught up in conversation with the talking clothes-rack.

Flag Post

Gerhard
Good question.
“A gardener. A flying gardener. That is quite extraordinary. I do not have any flying plants to tend, but I suppose I could attain the usual kind. Keeping live fruit trees on board to prevent scurvy… I think someone did that before. Not a bad idea at all. Or would that be a dishonor to your rank, greatest gardener?”
Right. Courtesy. I know his name, he is at a loss…
“Ah. I haven’t introduced myself.
I strike a fancy pose as well.
“Behold before you, the illustrious, the imperious arch-captain… Gerhard Pants.”
Go ahead. Ask. I’ve heard ‘really pants?’ more often than anything, really. Won’t be offended.

Flag Post

Jake Blunt

“Plants are always a good idea. And that is why I am capable of growing any plant! … That I have encountered before, at least. Faster than normal, too. Normally I don’t tend to plants, but I’m entirely capable of doing so. But Mr. Pants, what are you a captain of? The marines? But you lack a Justice Jacket or whatever it’s called. So you don’t look like a member of the justice patrol. And all that sailing… So you must be a fisherman! Captain of a ship too, that does sound illustrious and imperious.” I wonder if I could grow fruit or something in exchange for fish. It’s true that I can photosynthesise whatever that is, or eat fruit, but fish is nice to eat sometimes and bartering does not occur often. Having a balanced diet is also useful!

Flag Post

Jaxon Downey

We slide down the mountainside and the water splashes hugely once we land on the water. It’s automatically much calmer as we start sailing in the Grand Line. Time passes and after three days, we see an island upcoming. "Land ahoy!" I shout from the top of the mast. Blaine gently guides us to a lovely tropical bay. We jump off the ship, excited about an upcoming adventure.

I decide to examine the beach first. The sand is white and the ocean seems pure. The plants are very lush and green and they have very big leaves. Stefan collects some known fruits from the trees while Marie and Blaine take some food and head out into the jungle. This island seems like a paradise… a perfect place. But a little too perfect as far as I can see it…

Flag Post

Gharaku

Damn it. Fellon is too focused melting the ground and Book is busy covering himself. I’ll finish it right away. I extend the end of my blade-gauntlet and star shaping it like a spear, as I modify my shield to cover my entire body, excluding a little part so I can see. Then I charge towards the marines. Shard Joust

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Well, the troops are beginning to be as useless as always. Go figure – a combined bounty of 85 million over two people, plus one extra person, is probably too much for any group of mere humans to handle. Especially these ones, who are slowly beginning to sink into the ground when they stop moving, although I’m surprised they still haven’t hit the guy with the… notepad? Yes. Regardless, it’s probably up to me – yes, me – to do all the work once again. Yes. Remaining intangible, I begin firing blasts of Haki at the guy covered in crystal armour or whatever it is, sparing some for the other two to boot. That should help alleviate whatever slow charge he’s got going for him.

Flag Post

Gharaku

Haki blasts? Ok, I never saw that, but is a minor problem. The main one is that the one shooting them is actually incorporeal, as the bullets pass through him. I modify my shield, giving it an oval shape ,aim the spear foward, and add 5 more centimeters of shard at the end. Then I start running towards the marines, shattering their formation while the bullets bounce when they hit the shield. I see that at least 7 have been left unconcious with the impact of the crystal buckler and 5 have been pierced by the lance. You quickly modify the spear to a rapier and start battling against the marine squad.

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Right, this is doing nothing fast. Tactics change, yes yes.
‘Reform, men! Take out the other two, leave the armoured one to me!’ .
With that said, I try something I’ve heard about from an acquaintance of mine – hardening my arm and fist with Haki. Surprisingly, it actually does something; the arm in question, the right one, turns a solid black colour, and I can feel the energy passing through it now. Yes, this should be perfect for smashing that shell of his. Partially nullifying my mass, I begin rushing towards Piercer, reaching him in a very short time period indeed, and use the momentum to throw a punch with the Haki’d arm. Let’s see how he handles the, uh… the Acoustic-Speed Iron Punch. Yes, that sounds good.

Flag Post

[Haki… blasts? Never seen those. If you had a sword or something, you could use one of the sword wave techniques, or use your Rankyaku and Haki that up, but that’s it. Busoshoku Haki is a reinforcement, enhancing your existing attack – not making a new one.]

Gerhard
‘’No, in fact… I am a pirate." I respond, slightly confused. "That I’m not trying to pillage and rape everything in sight doesn’t disqualify me. I have values. That’s why I don’t. If you’re impressed, you could join me. Spruce up the ship with flowers… flowers are nice. Colorful. You’d become an outlaw eventually, but since you must have been fleeing something, it’s likely you already are."
Now, now. Calm down, me. Drafting a random gardener into my crew? What’s with me…
‘’Or at least come over and plant the trees. That’d be nice."

Flag Post

[Haki… blasts? Never seen those. If you had a sword or something, you could use one of the sword wave techniques, or use your Rankyaku and Haki that up, but that’s it. Busoshoku Haki is a reinforcement, enhancing your existing attack – not making a new one.]

[The wiki says Busoshoku Haki can be “projected in front of the user as pure brute force”. I interpreted that as projectile attacks. Also, it was in my sign-up, which was literally right above yours. You could have said something about it then, you know?]

Flag Post

Jake Blunt

“A pirate? You mean like those people who try to kill me for no reason? Since you haven’t tried to kill me already, I have no reason to believe your claim that you’re a pirate.. But okay. As for flowers, I can grow as many as necessary as long as I have energy to do so. Though I can only grow species I have encountered. I’m not an outlaw, but it’s possible I’ll become one anyway, depending on what course my life takes. I don’t intend to become a full-time pirate, but I could stay with you for now, until I decide on other life goals. At least going to your ship and planting trees will let me get a closer look at your operation, anyway.” I’ll probably leave this crew soon, but it wouldn’t hurt to grow plants for them for the time being.

Flag Post

[Never seen those, then. Never seen Haki, really – it’s not supposed to take a shape.]

Gerhard
A pigeon lands on my hat. I pick it up and examine its leg for messages.
“Captain, we’re leaving the port for an hour due to a conflict. Your presence will be appreciated after we return. Find Jureon.” I read aloud. “Well, damn. I suppose it was a matter of time, really. Jake, if you wish to follow me, let’s go and see what’s going on there.”
Before we take several steps, a large man in a hooded cloak drops from the nearby roof, then throws back the hood, revealing a bald scalp and something like the beginnings of a beard – clean mid-face, stubble on the chin, getting denser towards the ears to become sideburns. Then he reaches into his hood and places the wig he yanked off back on his head, attaining the look of someone with shoulder-length brown hair kept in place by a band.
“I saw the bird coming for you. The ship’s left, let’s pinch a rowboat, rejoin it and get the hell out of here.” he says.
“Let’s not. For now, we go to the port and see what made them left. Once that disappears, we’ll just board in peace.” I answer imperiously, then follow up with introductions. “Jureon, meet Jake, greatest gardener and our supplier of the kotatsu bowl. He’s going to be a boon for any winter islands we meet, assuming he joins us. Jake, this is Jureon, a great pirate and battler. Also quite polite for a pirate.”
“I just don’t get worked up as I once did. The life of a prisoner sure can make a man mellow…” he comments, then we start making our way… there.

Flag Post

Gharaku

The ethereal marine rushed to my position and punched the shield, tearing it into pieces. His arm and fist seem to have been reinforced with Haki, being turned into a black color. You try to decapitate him, but the rapier passes right through his neck, without doing any damage. “But he moved towards here… so he must still have a mass”. Figuring out that, you jump behind and, as doing this, make a great hammer with the crystal and slamming it in the ground, breaking the floor and generating a shockwave that pushes the ethereal marine towards the water…

Edit: Deleted part of it, I overdid it a little

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
The hammer shatters the wooden floor below you, sending you plummeting – relatively slowly – into the ocean below. With yourself rendered helpless, and the Marines around you already preoccupied, you drown shortly afterward, cursing yourself for being so stupid as to take on two Devil Fruit users at once.
Hmm. That punch seemed to work, then… but he figured out that I’m not totally massless yet, and am therefore still capable of falling. I can change that, though. Oh, yes. A fraction of a second after the fall in question begins, I neutralise my mass to nearly nothing, literally making myself lighter than air, which thereby allows me to hover upwards, away from the ocean below me.
‘Tsk, tsk, Piercer. You should know better than that by now.’ .
Using the same attack as before, I throw another punch into the Shard Man’s gut, hopefully damaging him quite badly. Possibly. Yes.

[The italicized text is Dyrke’s Kenbunshoku Haki at work. Feel free to ignore what it says; what it shows isn’t visible to anyone but Dyrke, so it doesn’t affect much other than Dyrke’s immediate actions.]

Flag Post

Gharaku

Damn it! He neutralized all his mass before being affected by the shockwave. He’s totally massless now, as he’s basicaly floating in front of you, but he’s still capable of punching you. “I’m in a trouble, an enemy with no mass and that is ethereal”.
Then he punches me again, quite too strongly for someone without a mass. I modify your weapon, turning it into a gauntlet sword, and creating another one for the unarmed arm. But, an unexpected ray of sun decides that is a good moment to apear and, as I cover my eyes with one of the swords, the light gets reflected and hits the marine in the eyes. Huh? He’s still affected by light? Then, if I… I start forming a plan, but then he remembers me I’m fighting by trying to punching me again. I dodge it and start generating shards…

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Urgh. That ray of light was unnecessary, and painful to my vision, and it seems to have given Gharaku an idea of sorts, seeing as how he’s suddenly creating a whole bunch of shards. Yes, this is something that should be stopped… perhaps by dropping him into the water? An entirely pragmatic solution, yes-yes. I promptly throw a particularly Haki-empowered uppercut at the man, with the aim of launching him vertically into the air so that he can’t do anything. Yes, this will hopefully function well, and allow me to follow him up there or what have you.

Flag Post

Book

Why is this happening?! I’m just a librarian! I think as I hide behind my shield. This shouldn’t be happening to me! I’m innocent! I start thinking of another word to use. The shield wasn’t going to last much longer. This is taking too long! I think after a few seconds. Why didn’t I buy a dictionary or a thesaurus!? Then I’d be able to find something to say easily! I finally think of something to say. I stand up, point my hand at the person that appeared to be leading the marines and say “Sticky slime ball” a ball of slime immediately shot from my hand and went flying toward the man.

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
The ball of slime strikes you, slowing your movement speed, and opening you up to a variety of attacks from the group thus far.
Yes, well, I’m intangible. And I have other things to do, anyway. I launch myself upwards, allowing the slime ball to pass under me – and, alas, hit a Marine behind me – quickly raising myself to the airborne Piercer, whose upward flight is just leveling off now. Yes, fun times will be had. With another quick Haki punch, I send his form hurtling towards the nearby ocean. Let’s hope he’s not able to find some way to arrest his momentum, and/or lucky enough to have someone grab him in midair and save his life.

[EDIT: Changed the post slightly.]

Flag Post

[Just continue a while without me, I cannot update or play at the moment.]

Flag Post

[On Taiboss’s agreement, you can control his character for now. Behemoth, if you wish, include him in your fight scene – it’d be weird if he just stood unmoving.]

[You guys making any noise? My group arrives at the port in two posts – one post to hear the fight, second post for the actual entry.]

Flag Post

[Guns are being fired, Minn. Machine guns of some form, presumably. Yes, there’s noise. Also, for reference, it should be possible to beat Dyrke, given who he’s fighting against. In fact, I’ve come up with a very quick and simple way for one of you to completely immobilise Dyrke with barely any effort. Let’s see if you guys can figure out who, and how.]

Flag Post

Gharaku

Damn it! First upwards then to the ocean. I drop all my shards and quickly create a glider, then start gliding (obviously) towards the ground. I couldn’t complete the shard contraption, but I can try something with the glider. When landing, I quickly modify the glider to be a light reflector and start moving it so all the rays of light concentrate in one point above my head. Then I create a special cristal in that place and it starts absorbing the light. When it starts shining, I use most of my strenght to fire an concentrated ray of light to the shape of the marine’s leader.

[Don’t know if I added this to my character sheet, but Gharaku can modify the shard’s properties, being this one a concave crystal, to say so]

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
A beam of light strikes your face, blinding you almost immediately. You are forced to view the world in terms of the presences you sense around you, and what they intend to do to you.
I shift left as the crystal begins to shine, and the beam fired misses me completely. I need to put this guy down, and quickly, before he actually finds a way to cause me harm, yes. Given that he’s currently undefended, I reinforce my other arm in the same way as the first, then fly to him and begin throwing punches rapidly into his form.

Flag Post

Gharaku

God damn it! He keeps dodging my attacks like he knew where they’re going to land. Wait a minute In a moment between the dodges and the punches your getting, you understand that he’s using Haki, and he’s hearing our thoughts, so he in fact knows where you’re going to attack. You create a ball of crystal and then shatter it on his direction. You see as a rain of crystal fragments go towards him…