[Game] Map of the heart [One Piece RP] page 3 (locked)

121 posts

Flag Post

Book

Uh oh that didn’t work. Gotta think of something else! I think and come up with “Wall.” Immediately a wall shoots up in front of the marines grunts that were shooting at us. Okay that sort of worked I guess.

Flag Post

[Why doesn’t Overfrost’s character just say something like “a button that, when pressed, gives me, and only me, absolute omnipotence and total control over all of existence”? If something like that is too egregious, say something like “mind control gun”. If anything he says appears, he’s pretty much omnipotent already. I brought this up in the signup thread a few days ago, but it was ignored.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

[Why doesn’t Overfrost’s character just say something like “a button that, when pressed, gives me, and only me, absolute omnipotence and total control over all of existence”? If something like that is too egregious, say something like “mind control gun”. If anything he says appears, he’s pretty much omnipotent already. I brought this up in the signup thread a few days ago, but it was ignored.]

[That’s like saying why I, as I can control the properties of my crystals, just make a crystal that destroys everything. There are limits for powers, and one reaches those limits by exercising his/her powers. For example Cocodrile’s Logia powers where trained to the max, when it reflexively turned into sand when hit. Now, Book’s power can go with simple words or short phrases. It may go for longer things when reaching his maximum training, but is trying to not be overly overpowered, because that would end the fun]

Flag Post

[The properties of crystals should be at least somewhat limited by the laws of physics. For example, common sense indicates that Gharaku can’t just create a crystal that contains more energy than the Sun does. But Book’s ability is purely semantic, with no apparent physical limitations at all. He could just say “supermassive black hole” and nigh instantly destroy the solar system.]

but is trying to not be overly overpowered, because that would end the fun

[I don’t think Overfrost himself is a munchkin, but something like this won’t matter if an actual munchkin gets hold of Book’s ability. Some people just want to be as game-breakingly powerful as possible, fun and balance be damned.]

Flag Post

Some people just want to be as game-breakingly powerful as possible, fun and balance be damned.

[We should be glad he’s not trying, then, right?]

[That said, suppose he says ‘hole’. Where would the hole appear? It’s not really a thing on its own. Making it big and black like a male member of some basketball team probably wouldn’t help either. Same way he couldn’t wish for strength, minds or other nouns that aren’t things. ‘Your mom’ would be interesting input – would it copy someone’s mom or bring her over?]

Gerhard
There are gunshot sounds in the distance, coming from the direction of the port.
Damnit.
Some people just can’t seem to respect such a sacred place. We better get there fast – it’s likely Jureon will be able to put a stop to this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Some people just want to be as game-breakingly powerful as possible, fun and balance be damned.

[True.]

That said, suppose he says ‘hole’. Where would the hole appear?

[A true munchkin would have the hole appear wherever he or she wants it to. For example, in the opponent’s brain. Or in the fabric of reality itself, destroying whatever that comes into contact with it.]

Same way he couldn’t wish for strength, minds or other nouns that aren’t things. ‘Your mom’ would be interesting input – would it copy someone’s mom or bring her over?

[The main problem is that the ability is extremely ambiguously-defined, and thus open to exploitation. Like pretty much all of your abilities.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:
Originally posted by Minnakht:

[True.]

[Nononono. You said that, not me. Don’t attribute my face to those words.]
[If I wanted to be game-breakingly powerful, I’d just be some powerful Haki-using swordsman. Non-fruit super speed, unmatched offensive power, and can’t be countered by… anything, really.]

[A true munchkin would have the hole appear wherever he or she wants it to. For example, in the opponent’s brain. Or in the fabric of reality itself, destroying whatever that comes into contact with it.]

[My point is that a hole isn’t a thing, so it wouldn’t appear at all, being incapable of existence as an object. Book’s ability allows for creation of weapons from words – and after checking dictionaries I declare weapons have to be things.]

[The main problem is that the ability is extremely ambiguously-defined, and thus open to exploitation. Like pretty much all of your abilities.]

[Meanwhile, your abilities are very blatantly defined as extremely powerful and versatile, so you don’t even have to get clever to use them to great effect.]

Flag Post

My point is that a hole isn’t a thing, so it wouldn’t appear at all, being incapable of existence as an object.

[Define a “thing” and an “object”.]

Book’s ability allows for creation of weapons from words – and after checking dictionaries I declare weapons have to be things.

[He can still create an omnipotence button or supermassive black hole or a gun that mind controls whoever it shoots.]

Meanwhile, your abilities are very blatantly defined as extremely powerful and versatile, so you don’t even have to get clever to use them to great effect.

[I’m being obvious because trying to trick a GM will just lead to hassles that are more troublesome and time-wasting than they’re worth. Unlike you, I also limit my own abilities so that they’re not as broken as they could be, i.e. not on your level of brokenness.]

Flag Post

[I have made some changes to limit Books power]

Book
Of course! I can stop this fight by saying sleep or something like that! “Sleep” ….. Okay that didn’t work. Why didn’t it work. Did I lose my power?! “Frying pan” A frying pan appears in my hand. Nope still have the power. I throw the Frying pan to the side and ponder why my power didn’t work just then. Yaawwn. Wow fighting is more exhausting than I thought it would be. I’m getting really tired.

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
The rain of crystal shards pierces yours body and that of several Marines behind you, leaving the rest, without anyone to guide them, to run as the corpses fall to the floor.
I think now is the time to make a point to this idiot. I remain still and spread my arms, allowing as many crystal shards as possible to fall through my body, not dealing any damage… to me, anyway. The Marine squadron around me is severely reduced in size, though. But it’s not like I need them, is it. Yes.
‘Intangible. Remember that, Piercer?’ .
Speaking of which, I’m done toying around with these idiots now. Yes, I think it’s time to end this.
‘Marines! Launch the nets!’ .
Seastone nets begin to be deployed, first being drawn from suitable storage locations, then flying from the hands of the Marine troops below me, towards the pirates on the dock. Let’s see how they handle this.

Flag Post

[Define a “thing” and an “object”.]

[He can still create an omnipotence button or supermassive black hole or a gun that mind controls whoever it shoots.]

[Wiktionary loops its definition so that the two define each other. A combined definition would be ‘that which has separate physical existence’. Hence holes are not okay – they are overly defined by the object they’re part, they’re not objects themselves. A gun, a bomb, a sword or a ship are all okay. A gun that mind controls whoever it shoots is not okay because that isn’t an object, mind isn’t an object, controls probably are an object, whoever is too loosely defined, it is too loosely defined and shoots are an object. Omnipotence similarly isn’t an object, although a button is. Of course, now that Book can modify items he makes with actual descriptions, I think your argument is more true than mine.]

[I’m being obvious because trying to trick a GM will just lead to hassles that are more troublesome and time-wasting than they’re worth. Unlike you, I also limit my own abilities so that they’re not as broken as they could be, i.e. not on your level of brokenness.]

[This game is the first one I remember in which I hid an ability description from a charsheet from public. Even then, the GM has information on what it does, and apparently he does not consider the ability to produce and control natural threads/strands/strings/whatever touched a broken thing. In the same way Magellan is a 人間, Gerhard is a 人間. Oda likes defining his Paramecia users as ‘Something Men’. so I follow suit. And One Piece is in large part about making use of available resources, even if they’re less than practical – one of the villains was a soap girl, for crying out loud, and she did put up a fight.]
[And now we best pipe down.]

Gerhard
The three of us (four, counting the pigeon) peeks out from behind a corner, looking at the battlefield the dock has become.
“Again, damnit. This is an important place. It better not get wrecked. It seems the Marines are getting all they have out there…” I lament quietly.
“This isn’t all they have.” Jureon cuts me off.
“Figuratively.” I reply, then wait for a more opportune moment to go in. Jureon doesn’t, but then with what he can do, he doesn’t have to. Instead, he just walks out and bellows:
“You will stop this at once!’’

Flag Post

Miguel
Shit happened. A net flies. Seastone? I have a trick for that. “Taion Taion Bunker” Immediately the gorunds temperature rises, and in a matter of less then a second the ground [Stone or Earth] below me melts and I can simply sink, quickly, into the pit of molten earth, too hot for somebody to even touch. After the molten ground has me fully covered, I cool down the ground the seastone will touch. Simple like that, I am fully covered. Now to save my companions . _

Flag Post

[Stone or Earth]

[Wood, actually. At least, as far as I can tell from examining previous posts in this battle. So yeah, have fun drowning or whatever.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[Stone or Earth]

[Wood, actually. At least, as far as I can tell from examining previous posts in this battle. So yeah, have fun drowning or whatever.]

[Interesting you just determined that. My character is on stone and how else was I supposed to melt the ground below the Marines? I accept a compromise in which you continue like before, and I am on the stone.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[Stone or Earth]

[Interesting you just determined that. My character is on stone and how else was I supposed to melt the ground below the Marines? I accept a compromise in which you continue like before, and I am on the stone.]

[Oh, wait, no, I see what you mean. But I think Dyrke and Gharaku transitioned to a wooden harbour extension… pier thing at some point, so whatever.]

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
So the guy who wasn’t actually doing much for a while has just sunk into the nearby stone. Yes, I’ll bid well to his rapid suffocation whilst down there. In the mean time, someone is yelling at us to stop fighting or whatever, and I summarily ignore him. I am a Marine; it is my duty to capture pirates, at least whilst I’m in a position of relative non-power. Regardless, I feel like the crystal guy isn’t being stopped well enough. I continue throwing punches at him, waiting to figure out when to remove myself from the area to avoid getting netted.

Flag Post

Book

This net feels warm like a blanket. I’m tired. goodnight world. ZZZZzzz

Flag Post

Gerhard
Well, that guy’s been warned.
“As my colleague here said, you will. Stop this. At once.” I say, stepping out from behind that corner I was behind. “There’s no guarantee on what I’ll do if you don’t follow that suggestion.”
Jureon glances at me, conveying a question with his expression. My response expression looks like exactly the unsatisfactory answer he expected.
“Submit, or face the power of emotions of the great Gerhard Pants!’’

Flag Post

Gharaku

Seastone nets? Ok, that is surprising. Going to try something. I punch the ground and start generating shards all around myself, then quickly make a crystal pillar that intercepts the net. Safe, for now

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Well, I have one guy. This is good, oh yes it is… on the other hand, I still do not have two other guys, one of which is underground, and three more guys have come along, two of which I recognize as pirates – Gerhard “Really” Pants, who could probably have avoided noticed if he’d just stayed quiet, but is now blatantly obvious due to his semi-trademark garish clothes, and a cohort of his. Jureon something or other. Yes, Jureon. Plus another guy, who seems to be with them as a cohort, same as the guy we Marines just caught. I’m not particularly concerned about Pants or the new guy; Jureon, on the other hand, is a bit of an issue, on the grounds that, and I quote from his poster, “engaging him in combat almost guarantees failure for you and anyone else trying to defeat him”. Hell, if he enters the combat anyway, he’ll probably ruin me just on the grounds that I’m a Marine, and my targets are pirates. Bloody cheek, that.
…yessss, well… there’s a fine line to be had here. Do I quit whilst I’m ahead, and bring the guy we already captured in for questioning? Or do I continue in an attempt to get some recognised pirates, but risk being destroyed by one single man with what is basically a fate-altering Devil Fruit?

[I desperately want to do a thing like in Sanity Not Included, where people get a choice of what Dyrke does – e.g. “Quit whilst you’re ahead” and “Continue capturing the pirates” – but I fear I may be screwed over by it. So I’ll not do that, except as a possible side thing that will be non-canon, or whatever. Also, you guys probably don’t know SNI, so… Google it.]

…no. I won’t risk failure of that sort… one guy is enough for now, and even the smallest amount of information from him may be helpful in getting the other two I was up against. Yes.
‘Stand down, men. Take the one we have with us, and let’s go.’ .
The troops, wisely, cease firing at anyone, and instead cuff the guy in the net and pull his unconscious body – does seastone normally do that to Devil Fruit users? – away from the others, obtaining their thrown nets and whatever seastone lies upon their ex-partners as they do so.
‘Oh, and Pants? Next time you want to stop a fight I’m involved in, try doing so without your bodyguard at hand. See how far you get.’ .
I glide away from the five- well, four visible pirates still standing, heading back towards the local HQ with what few men currently remain in my patrol squadron.

Flag Post

Gharaku

‘’Oh no, you shall not escape, bastard! You started it, you finish it!’’ I start moving the pillar, aiming the leader and push the seastone net with a quickly generated shard piston towards him at a fast speed

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
The seastone net flies on to you, immediately depowering and weakening you; your Haki, whilst normally helpful, is unable to assist you in escaping from such a trap, and you are left to be eliminated by the nearby pirates.
One swift dodge to the left is all I require to evade such a straightforward assault, allowing the net to fly over the heads of the Marines and land a few metres in front of them. And now he’s invoked my ire. Yes, he has. Rehardening my fists, I launch myself around the crystal pillar at the Shard Man, aiming a punch straight at his head. The punch itself is directed in such a manner that, if and when it hits, it should, assuming his neck is not immediately snapped by the force, throw him a fairly long distance, such that he is propelled far out to sea. Yes, that’d be funny to watch; alas, I can no longer watch it, as Jureon may consider that a continuation of battle, which I do not want to be caught in. Regardless of whether or not the punch doing what it is supposed to is the case, or if it even connects, I allow myself to immediately return to my position hovering above the troops, who are by now a good long distance away from and around a corner relative to the other pirates, and then to continue my flight in the direction of the Marine HQ a moment afterwards. Preferably at a rather high pace, which… yes, it is. Good. That should be fine.

Flag Post

[I suppose this is the point when we give overfrost the dice and tell him to reroll.]

Flag Post

Miguel
I waited too long planning. You are strong, indeed. You deserve a to be a Junshō. And your Haki allows you to forsee the attacks. There are not many people who can that. I get my head out. “I want you to help me. I will pay you with money and servance. Plus I know how to get the hell outta here!”
I get back in and quickly float myself to a point where I can sense them. The ground was shaking, and I even heard voices. You will dodge, but your crew won’t. Nakal Klima Trap I melt the ground. The Marine were stuck. None of them could move as when I cooled it back down, there were all molten down to their knees. Show yourself Marineofficer. Be the one who survives. And Book. I won’t get you in that hell for just being with me.

Flag Post

[So seriously, how does Miguel breath or see whilst underground? I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have the power to move air or see through rock, is all.]

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Vaguely, I hear the voice of Miguel from a distance. Offering me money and service. Hah. Like I need-
The ground melts beneath your men.
…oh, he didn’t. I mentally scan the area for my troops, and soon enough, I find them – trapped in the ground up to their knees, most having fallen over on to their backs, and one unlucky man, pinned under the weight of the prisoner, having fallen over on to his front, with all the screaming that that implied. Yick. I don’t like unnecessary damage being dealt to my troops, is the thing… but I won’t risk going back to pick another pirate up without a plan to take out Jureon if he shows up again. That would be poor conduct, yes it would. I land near the troops, and take the wrist of one of the nearby undamaged soldiers and move it to the net; taking the hint, he grabs the net and pulls it from the unconscious body, which I subsequently lift on to my shoulders, struggling somewhat with the weight on my own.
…I could say something about them staying put, but it’s obvious that they aren’t going anywhere. Yes.
’I’ll call assistance to free you. Try to keep the one with the broken legs calm until they get here.’ .
That being said, I lift myself and the- actually, no I don’t. This guy is weighing me down too much for me to levitate. Fortunately, I’m still able to attain a reasonable ground speed; with that in mind, I begin to jog back to the HQ.

Flag Post

[Haki, most likely. Hacki help with everything. Since you’re using Kenbunshoku Haki to have complete clairvoyance rather than just using it to read the enemy’s movements (which is the intended function, and how Luffy could hit Enel – he hit a wall and didn’t know where his rebounded punches would go, so neither did Enel know that), then Miguel can use it as clairvoyance too, messing around underground until he feels he is underneath something. Or until he hears the romp of orderly marine soldier feet marching in a convoy through the breathing holes he makes himself in the pavement. Or he has a Required Secondary Superpower – if he can survive in fire, he can survive in places in which all oxygen’s used up, because that’s where fire is.]
[Speaking of which, how do you fly? I understand you can nullify your own mass to float, but with a heavy corpse on your shoulders, you should be as groundbound as ever – you’re not nullifying that mass.]

Gerhard
What, me? I suppose I could follow him. Apparently, the Marine is afraid of Jureon somehow – better not disillusion him on that.
“Jureon, check on how’s that guy doing. Seems he took a lot of heavy hits. And call the ship back, it seems the marines pissed off. We might need to leave immediately.” Now that I gave orders like a captain, I unfurl my hair, dropping my hats into Jureon’s possession. “Harehop!” I say as I use the technique, snapping my hair against the ground to launch myself up, then assemble a proper woven glider to glide after the marines. It appears they’re stuck, so that helps with the chase – I do an approach to landing.