[Game] Map of the heart [One Piece RP] page 4 (locked)

121 posts

Flag Post

[…that’s actually a good point, regarding the flight thing. I’ll change that. Everything else has flaws in my mind, though. For instance, Miguel has the ability to alter the temperature of things, not necessarily to move them around afterwards. I’m just saying.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[…that’s actually a good point, regarding the flight thing. I’ll change that. Everything else has flaws in my mind, though. For instance, Miguel has the ability to alter the temperature of things, not necessarily to move them around afterwards. I’m just saying.]

[Tactical change of state of matter and the change of density and Volume. I am not sure if that works exactly and I can understand you objections. And yes, breathing there is part of the fruit.]

Flag Post

[In other words, he’s the GM. Things are going to work. Personally, I’d just vaporize the rock that’s not supposed to be, and the gas would escape rather violently, but it would make me nice empty space without me having to move anything.]

Gerhard
The marine’s escaping with the captured pirate. He’s removed the seastone net – that helps. I make my landing, then wrap my hair around a signpost or something for anchoring.
“Super Fist of the Nose Hair – Snatch!”
Four especially thick hairs emerge and extend in a playful manner before wrapping themselves around the unconscious man. As soon as they do, I yank him towards me.

Flag Post

[Siiigh.]

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
I feel the body in my grasp being violently snatched from my hands. Noooope, this won’t do. No, it won’t. The four… hairs? …that are trying to pull the body away from me are promptly opposed by my own pull back with one hand, and their being cut off after several quick Haki-infused blows with the other hand – let’s call this move Hand Blade or something – and I eventually regain control of the body after taking out three of the hairs and ripping it away from the other. But more are coming along, apparently.
Damn it, this is annoying. I have to get out of here. Yes. Still massless, I send a couple of Haki blasts in the direction opposite to the one I’m running in, then increase my pace to a run, or at least as close to that as I can get to that whilst hindered by a body in the fireman position, with my free hand ready to take out anything coming towards me from behind.

Flag Post

Gerhard
Now I’ve stopped him for a while – I hoped that’d be enough for the heat guy to intervene – maybe trap him as he trapped the others. Alas, he didn’t.
At this pace, I really feel like I should just give up… but I can’t.
“Harehop!’’
I leap into the sky, then form woven wings and flap after the running man. Eventually, I end up above him, and he’s not really looking up, burdened with a body. That is when with a final flap I unfurl my hair and make it form something like a woven dome, which falls over the man.
“Friseur Cage!‘’
Oddly enough, even though I stopped flapping, some is still audible.
“Arena Trap!’’ I hear, and the air turns reddish around me – in a several-meter radius, enclosing the running man within just as well as my Friseur Cage does. I twist myself to look in the direction of the voice, and there’s Jureon – several birds are holding him by his clothes, and he’s flying in this direction.
“Storm Crow sends greetings, captain! The ship’s coming back to port, so let’s get this over with! I heard he wanted to fight you without interference, so there he has it! Enjoy!‘’
Gosh, Jureon, you’re an idiot. How am I meant to beat him?

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Son of a…
…okay. Let’s qualify what’s happening here. Gerhard “Really” Pants has us both trapped in a cage of his own hair? Yes (and that explains the hairs from before). His crew member Jureon has trapped us both in an area that nobody else can enter? Yes – which is good, because it likely means that Jureon himself will not intervene until it’s too late for him to do so, although I shouldn’t count on that by any means. Fellon B. Miguel is likely still around here somewhere? Most likely, yes, which puts me at risk of losing the one in cuffs if I put him down, although granted that myself and Pants are locked out from the rest of the world anyway, he may or may not be capable of taking the prisoner with him.
The only question left to ask is: am I capable of beating Pants in a one-on-one fight?
Yes. Almost certainly.
With a grin hidden by the bandana covering my face, I place the unconscious one on the ground and crack my knuckles, turning myself invisible and intangible.
‘So you wish to face the power of the Null Man in combat, Gerhard. Best of luck. You’re going to need it.’ .
This should be fun.

[You make the first move, Minn. I insist.]

Flag Post

Gharaku

As I am punched (pretty strongly I must say), I’m sent towards the sea. When starting to fall, I create a glider with the shards and start gliding towards the port again. When I aproach my rival, I hit an invisible wall. ’’Ouch’’. I to the ground and, when I make impact, I notice a cage made of hair. ‘’Well, this cannot be more ridiculous’’

Flag Post

Gerhard
“Jura, what the hell! I’m supposed to beat him alone?‘’ I yell in outrage. "That’s madness!‘’
“Don’t you trust yourself, Captain?‘’ he answers. "You stand as much of a chance as any of us. He can’t be hit. By anything. Might as well keep him in there while we give someone else time to pick up some seastone nets to throw over both of you while you’re clashed.‘’
The thinnest of my hairs, gossamer too thin to see, unfurls as well, permeating the entire volume of the Arena Trap. It is as Jureon says – they just went straight through him. Damnit.
“And how is luck meant to help me here, Doctor No?’’
I’ve got to be desperate. As such, I extend my control to whatever applies – whatever my hair is near.
Oddly enough, that’s actually quite a lot of stuff – Eiyer’s bandana, body hair, and the rest of his clothing, all made of… fabric, right? Some kind of thread, woven or not. That suit looks like silk, for one. I tell it, and everything else, not to move. That should keep him from attacking me – he’s trapped within his clothes and hair, unless he can exclude them from his ability somehow, so that his own body cannot touch himself… heh. Heh heh. For people of certain maturity, that could be useful. Sadly, that means he could be capable of it.
“Jura, can you just let everyone else in so that they can try beating on him somehow?‘’ I ask, having all the hope there is in me.
“I can’t do anything about them, captain. You’re on your own until you lose or I decide otherwise.’’
Well, shit anyway.

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
…hmmm. I appear to be stuck within my clothes… no matter. I’m invisible anyway, so turning myself nude won’t be-
…wait, is my hair stuck? Hang on… uhh… no, that’s okay, actually. I guess it’s because that’s actually a part of my body, and therefore capable of remaining unaffected by whatever the hell Gerhard just did, as per the rest of my physical form. Yes, well, it’s just the clothes, then…
To outsiders, it seems like a posh suit with a Justice-emblazoned jacket and eerily mouth-like bandana suddenly appear out of thin air, suspended in midair by the hairs permeating the area of space that is currently separated from the outside world. But I suppose they’ll eventually be returned to my body. Yes. For now, I nullify my sound-making as well – which is where I begin to lose focus on what I’m doing, although only slightly at this level – and stroll over to an area just below the errant pirate captain, waiting for his next move.

Flag Post

[I’m actually a bit above you, and lying on my back, with my hair hanging down to form the Friseur Cage. Punch to the face would require you to be outside.]
[That your hair is part of your body doesn’t stop me from taking control of it. All fiber is good. Alive or dead, mine or not. I can only grow mine, but control any – if it’s close enough. Overlapping in space close suffices.]

Gerhard
Well, there goes my plan. Can he nullify my influence on him? Damnit. I’ve heard of Blackbeard – haven’t we all, after what happened at Marineford? – and this guy’s being a contender.
And I’m fighting him.
First things first – he has a cool bandana. I snatch the fallen garment from the ground with my hair and toss it outside the Arena Trap, along with the rest of his clothes. Now…
“Jura, damnit, it’s time for plan B! Throw me that lamp!‘’
Jureon follows the order – there was an oil lamp on a wall nearby, meant to illuminate a sign of a shop. Now, it is a projectile aimed at me, with quite a lot of burning oil inside.
The inevitable follows as my sebum-soaked hair catches on fire, filling the constantly-regrowing Friseur Cage with unpleasant temperature.
I’m probably going to get some serious-degree burns on me, but at least I’ve got several layers of insulation – at least one of them is leather, so that’s going to hold against the fire and heat a bit. Insulation works both ways – keeps the inside from changing temperature both for the lower AND the higher. And I have control over the inner layer of my clothes, the ones below all the leather – I could try telling them to hold tight.
Meanwhile, he’s naked. He’s probably not going to be overly fazed by some old fire, though – ah, well. I’m likely going to die here anyway, might as well try taking him with me.

This is the beauty of Jureon’s Arena Trap. I might be panicking – I might be doing a stupid thing – but I am fighting him, without even trying to escape. That is his power. He is in control of this battle – it lasts because he demands it, and it will end when he allows it.
Or when either of us runs out of enemies. Which, for this marine, could very well be close.

Flag Post

Gharaku
Wow. That guy power is pretty nice. Burning his hair to make the now invisible marine burn or at least feel a lot of heat. But wait… He’s going to die if he keeps it like this! I create spikes in my hands then start hitting the air that blocked my way in. As I don’t seem to do any damage, I turn the spikes into drills and then start digging/drilling…

Flag Post

That your hair is part of your body doesn’t stop me from taking control of it. All fiber is good. Alive or dead, mine or not. I can only grow mine, but control any – if it’s close enough. Overlapping in space close suffices.

[Why don’t you instantly disembowel someone by controlling the fiber in his or her stomach, consumed as food? Or rip off strands of the person’s hair, harden them, and stab them like needles through the person’s throat? Or, hell, make them stab through the person’s own skull if you’re strong enough.]

Flag Post

Wow. That guy power is pretty nice. Burning his hair to make the now invisible marine burn or at least feel a lot of heat. But wait… He’s going to die if he keeps it like this! I create spikes in my hands then start hitting the air that blocked my way in. As I don’t seem to do any damage, I turn the spikes into drills and then start digging/drilling…

[Ah, I have to clarify. The Arena Trap isn’t physical. The red tint is merely a visual effect. The Friseur Cage is burning away now.]

Why don’t you instantly disembowel someone by controlling the fiber in his or her stomach, consumed as food?

[Because I can’t reach inside their stomach. BC’s character here is a special case – when he goes intangible, I can reach anywhere inside him, since his body doesn’t block anything. However, since he just flat out said I don’t work on him (somehow), I have to give that up.]
[Also, cellulose is invalid as a fiber. It’s too micro.]

Or rip off strands of the person’s hair, harden them, and stab them like needles through the person’s throat? Or, hell, make them stab through the person’s own skull if you’re strong enough.

[I could if I was in a situation where that is possible. I could do the same thing with any kind of knife, though – doing fancy hair stuff is unnecessary there.]

Flag Post

Book

It’s Sooooooo warm. Wait a minute that’s too warm. Okay that’s Hot! HOT! REALLY HOT! WHY IS IT SO HOT NOW?! I wake up on the ground. There’s fire everywhere! Oh no! Gotta get out of here! Wait. HOW DO I GET OUT OF HERE?!?! I try to think of something to say but the fire makes me panic. The only word I can think of is “HELP!”

Flag Post

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
Oh, okay, so he’s burning everything. Yeah, that’s reasonable. At least he threw my clothes outside the area. I would kill him for sure if he hadn’t done that before trying to burn everything. Yes. As it is, though, he’s probably going to kill himself. Being that he’s on fire, and all that. Although he may end up killing the other prisoner, too, who seems to also be on fire. Right, I need to end the fight now, before I lose some of this guy’s bounty and a source of information, and possibly a second bounty for the source of information. Screw nullifying sound, then; I change that to my mass being nullified, then fly upwards and deliver a Haki-infused punch to Gerhard’s skull. That’ll teach him to try and turn me nude.

Flag Post

[So being untouchable makes you everything-proof, not only physical-proof.]

Gerhard
From among the crackling flames, I hear a cry for help. Who…
Damnit! I forgot we were saving someone there! I quickly grab him with my hair and try my best to hug him to my back.
Then I hear a thump and a crack as my head takes a powerful blow, and I’m propelled into the sky. This time, unwillingly.
I’m not sure what happened next – I must have gone unconscious.

Jureon noticed the red tint start fading.
“Alright, tough guy, you better stall for a little longer. Arena Trap!‘’
This time, Eiyer and Gharaku were made to battle each other. Meanwhile, the crows flew up on Jureon’s command, and caught the captain, still holding the Book – but their combined weight was too much for them. Beating their wings as quickly as they could, they barely kept themselves midair, and they would fail soon.
“I hope you can give them a soft landing, anyone!’’

Flag Post

[It makes him immune to heat transferal, which requires particles and/or energy waves to bump against other particles for energy to be transferred – and oh look, his atoms can’t be touched.]

Dyrkemesse Eiyer
One down. But I’m still stuck in one of those damn Arena Traps – this time, it’s me versus Gharaku. Thankfully, my clothes are now inside the barrier; wasting no time, I fly to them and replace them, the garments disappearing as they shift over my form and themselves become invisible and incorporeal. Now, regarding Piercer himself… he’s a bit tougher than Pants, I believe. Which is to say, he can actually take a few punches without losing consciousness. Yes… this should be interesting. I don’t bother waiting for my opponent to make a move this time around; I simply fly over and deliver a Hand Blade… actually, I don’t like that name any more. Uh… Chop Edge? Haki Edge? Yes, I like that one; Haki Edge it is… to whatever area of his person is easily accessible. Yes.

Flag Post

Jureon finally notices that Dyrke can’t be noticed. How is Gharaku meant to fight him fairly?
“Alright, you two! Give me a battle cry!’’
On command, the two battlers started yelling at each other, each trying to be louder than the other.

The smell of burning hair permeates the place.

Flag Post

DYRKEMESSE EIYER
WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWHYAMISCREAMINGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIHATETHISJUREONGUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Flag Post

Gharaku

WTFISGOINGONHEREIMSCREAMINGLIKEANIDIOTMYNECKHURTSWAITAMINUTEICANHEARTHISMARINESCREAMINGINOWKNOWWHEREHEISBUTISTILLCANNOTSEEHIMWHATTHEFRAKIMGOINGTODO

Meanwhile I scream, I (that somehow have stop drilling and emerged to the battlefield) I create a hammerhead in my both hands and start smashing the ground.

Flag Post

DYRKEMESSE EIYER
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHETRIEDTHATALREADYANDITDIDNOTWORKATALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Okay, so I’m yelling. That doesn’t mean I can’t act. I continue delivering Haki Edges to the Shard Man’s body.

Flag Post

Jake Blunt

Nothing in particular really motivates me to help either side, but I feel that I’m going to be dragged into this sooner or later against my will, even as a dutiful, innocent, law-abiding citizen. And honestly, I don’t favour my chances against the larger group. Fortunately, they seem amiable enough. The Marine attacked them while I was on business to plant trees, so I might as well stick with my original course of action, which involves dealing with the scary Marine. I quickly ascend to the elevation of the crow-supported people with Geppou and manage somehow with saving them by letting us fall until we were nearly at ground elevation, before negating the momentum of our fall with Geppou. I then unburden myself of them, before reburdening myself with the task of collecting Kairoseki launchers, using vines sprouted from myself to carry the extras in such a manner that the vine can use the launcher.

I then approach the current fighting and proceed to call out to Jureon-guy-or-whatever-his-name-was. “Jureon-guy, d’ya think you can hold the two of them still for a bit? More specifically the Marine.”

Flag Post

Jureon nods. "This is going to be somewhat dangerous – but since you saved my captain, I owe you some obedience. Battle Hunger!‘’
There is a grunt from the general direction of the battle as Dyrke flies into even more of a rage. I MUST HAVE KILL dominates his mind as spasms not unlike that of an addict looking for his next fix of a drug wrack his body, and he redoubles his efforts to take Gharaku’s life.

“Better do your worst now, guy-guy. The crystal one doesn’t seem to be holding up well.’’

Flag Post

Jake Blunt

“Well, I certainly hope this works.” Although it might be more prudent for the crystal-guy’s continued living to just shoot at them, I don’t want to take chances. I extend my vines with launchers attached so that the Kairoseki nets hopefully essentially surround the pair. I’m hoping that even though they probably won’t, the Marine will be too concerned with whatever Jureon-guy did. In any case, I simultaneously press the trigger on various launchers, including one I’m holding with my regular hands.

Flag Post

Gharaku

ARGHTHISIDIOTISHITTINGTOOHARDANDTHEYSEEMTOBETHROWINGASEASTONENETTOMEIMUSTESCAPEAAAARGH

I keep hitting the ground with the hammer heads until I break all the floor below me and then, quickly turning my arms into drills again, start drilling below the suspected position of the marine. I turn one of my arms into a long spear and it turns into a black color for some unknown reason.