Zombie Apocalypse RP Chapter 2: The hunt for Dr. Schturmgrobner page 124 (locked)

7614 posts

Flag Post

Emilie

“Well, I hope it’s a good thing then…”

I give him a quick peck this time.

“I’m initiating the sessions because one, you’re not, and two, you’ve been hurt so it is my duty until then to make sure we both get a dose of… each other.”

[Sounds good. Would you like to take over as the doc for a while?]

Flag Post

Gerald

She’s right…I haven’t started anything…at least not yet.

…I’ve got some better medicine for you, babe…

I put a hand on her butt and begin another session.

…I hope this works…

(You seem to have it under control, Emi. I can’t really control two people at once because I then divide up my focus, resulting in two half-assed characters. I put everything ENG 102 has taught me into one complete character and go from there. Sorry…it’s the Asperger’s wanting that.)

Flag Post

Emilie

“Not too shabby,” I reply, teasing him as my hand slides up and down his thigh just once.

[Alright, I guess I’ll carry the burden.]

Flag Post

(Don’t think of it as me just wanting to refuse for the hell of it. I just can’t handle two influential characters at once.)

Gerald

…Trying to step up your game, huh? Alright. Step this up then…

I rub the inside of Emi’s thigh for a bit while I rub her back.

(Um, should we do a four-hour timeskip after your post to keep this RP from turning R-Rated and to bring out another night terror?)

Flag Post

[Relax, I was joking. If we do a timeskip, it’ll be about 10 hours since it can’t be past noon in the game. But yes, timeskip is in effect.]

Emilie

My body involuntarily shudders, making me dig my nails into his shoulders.

“Alright, you win that one.”

Flag Post

(Now to figure out who the next night terror shall stem from. Gerald already had the first with Lockjaw in the graveyard. I’d go with Abbey next but I think a memory from her should be one of the later Night Terrors. West should go next but he should at least give a dream sequence of a part of his past. I will spawn the night terror from there.)

Gerald

After the almost-afternoon fun, we played a guessing game together, shared stories of our past, ate lunch made by Emi, then she went out again, I waited a bit, followed her path and saw the doctor meet her again. I had overheard the conversation. Indeed, the fucker had an eye for her, judging by his words and how he carries himself around her. When they stopped talking and headed in different directions, I had hurried back home, making sure not to get spotted by Emi. I didn’t feel like bringing anything up regarding that doctor just yet. I wanted to wait for the appropriate moment. Instead, I helped Emi cook dinner and then we got into bed a little late because we had joked with each other for a bit. Indeed we are two people who have fallen deep for each other. This is how a couple should act. They should be able to get along with each other and maintain good spirits in each other. As we laid in bed together, snuggling some more, I check up on Emi’s leg and give her a shoulder massage.

…So, I take it our work-out this morning didn’t hurt this time, huh?…

(Decided to narrate the timeskip for us.)

Flag Post

Abbey ‘’Nothing, don’t worry about It…‘’ Abbey gives Alex some fish ’’Here you are…‘’
James Walks back to Anna’s grave with some pillows and blankets

(Alex or Emilie next I think, Abbeys should be the worst and therefore come at the end)

Flag Post

(I already contacted Gamma as I would like Abbey to have the wost one…Emi, not so severe…after the issue with the doc and so after West.)

Flag Post

[I was thinking of going with the nightmares she’s had about her dad being murdered.]

Emilie

“All pleasure and no pain,” I smile reassuringly at Gerry.

“Listen, I was thinking maybe tomorrow I make a few trips to the pond so we may have enough water to last a day or two. What do you say?”

Flag Post

(Who murdered her [Abbey’s] father though?)

Gerald

…If you want to make a few trips together that’s fine. I don’t mind seeing something beautiful once in a while aside from you…

I’d better bring the conduit in case the doc shows up. I need a better weapon though. This is handy but I need something that can cut.

Flag Post

[I was talking about Emilie’s father, Gerry was the one responsible for Abbey’s father’s death if I remember correctly.]

Emilie

“Are you sure you want to make the trip? You’re still battered up, and I did promise to take care of you for at least a few days by handling all the workload.”

Great, that just makes me look suspicious now.

“But I’ll gladly take any help I can get.”

Flag Post

(Oh, right…I murdered Emi’s father as well, if I remember correctly)

Gerald

She’s slowly giving herself away. She’s offering to let me rest while she does all the work. She probably just wants to meet the doctor in the process and then she’ll try to hide it by doing the work after. Well, my dear Emi…The game is afoot and I control a good portion of the playing field. I know the town like the back of my hand now so there are plenty of spots to eavesdrop.

…I feel like I should help. Aside from being your boyfriend, I am the only other person living here. I have to pull my weight around here….

Flag Post

[Interesting. That could be a major fight we have, although we’d have to find a way to link the murder to you. So I guess we’ll wing it until the next night terror.]

Emilie

“And I love you for being so helpful.”

I snuggle back against Gerry, but I could tell something was wrong. This was definitely about Erik. Ever since my incident this morning, he had been acting different towards me. It wasn’t obvious, but I could sense it somehow. In order to avoid any awkwardness between us, I decide to change the subject.

“You know, if it wasn’t for this apocalypse, we would have never met. You’d be in prison, and I’d probably be in college somewhere far away from home.”

Flag Post

(We’d have to make up, eventually but whatever. How would we link me to the death of Emi’s father?)

Gerald

Playing that game, huh? Fine then. Let’s feign ignorance again.

I rub Emi’s arm and listen to her patiently.

…I know, right? The apocalypse cut me a lucky break in a way but now I get zombies and infected and a certain doctor to deal with. What did you want to do for college? What major were you planning on going with?…

Flag Post

[Maybe you can start describing your victims, and then I make the connection.]

Emilie

“I was studying biology. It’s always interested me, how our bodies work and such. My mother wanted me to go with psychology since she was therapist, but I think the workload is ridiculous. My brother was in that field and he barely had a life.”

I pause before speaking again.

“What about you, what are your interests?”

Flag Post

(Describing my victims? When should I describe them?)

Gerald

…I was into baseball primarily. I wanted to make the big leagues here in Puerto Rico. I wanted to be a shortstop for los Indios de Mayagüez, the Mayagüez Indians. In the nineteenth century, it was introduced by Puerto Ricans and Cubans to this country after learning it from the Americans and initially, all the farmers and workers on both tobacco and sugarcane fields considered the sport to be rather unmanly. We, as a country, regardless of which team we normally supported celebrated for a whole day when we saw los Leones de Ponce, the Ponce Lions beat the New York Yankees on several consecutive games. We left our mark on American baseball and really showed when Hiram Bithorn became the first Puerto Rican to play for an American team, the Chicago Cubs…

I run a hand up and down Emi’s back.

…I didn’t want to play musical instruments or sing but I am able to dance. Mother was a dancer before she got married to my father so I picked up a few moves from her…

Flag Post

[Whenever you decide to make our conversation more personal and are willing to fully open up about your dark past.]

Emilie

“That’s passion at its finest, doing something you love instead of just having a job. Of course, as with everything else, the excitement will eventually die down. Even sports players end up playing for the money instead of doing it because they love the game. My brother mentioned that little fact. I found it a bit saddening.”

Flag Post

Gerald

…The money is not really what I’m concerned about. Truth be told, I would much rather live in a normal middle-class house. I don’t need some huge house with a massive yard. I don’t even need one of them fancy cars like the Aston Martin Vanquish or the TVR Tuscan. A normal Toyota Corolla will do just fine. Besides, you could beat the piss out of a Corolla and it would still work. It’s like a civilian tank…no weapons but it is durable and can really take a beating…

I decide to ask a bit about her family.

…What was family life like?…

Flag Post

Emilie

“Well my parents moved to the states shortly after getting together with the intent of giving their kids a better future. My grandmother followed shortly thereafter, insisting she should take care of us once we were born. She’s mainly who raised my brothers and I since my parents were barely ever home. All six of us lived in a beautiful home in the suburbs, and I’d spend all day playing outside with my brothers. We were rather close, and would rarely do something without the other two present. This routine went on until they moved out to go to college. It was a specially hard time for us because my father was murdered that year as well…”

I fight back the emotions threatening to surface and continue.

“My brothers came home for a while, taking a break for that semester, before going back again. My mother and grandmother eventually learned to live without the men being around, but I never did. Once I graduated, I went away for college as well and would only visit on holidays and in the summer. I was home when the apocalypse hit, and now… I’m here.”

Flag Post

Gerald

…I’m sorry for your loss. What was your father like?…

Idiot! What are you doing?

…Ah, if you don’t want to answer, that’s fine. I apologize if it seems like I’m prying for information…

Flag Post

Emilie

“No, it’s okay. He was the typical alpha-male type, broad shouldered and rather tall. His hair was as black as mine, but he had hazel eyes that would relentlessly pierce into your soul. He was literally the man of the house, and would rarely go a day without wearing a suit. I remember all the stern lectures he would give us three after we had done something wrong. That was part of his nature though, he was almost always serious and would rarely smile. The last time I saw him was one evening before he went for his nightly jog. He never came home, and I immediately assumed something was terribly wrong. Unfortunately, I was right.”

Flag Post

James James sets the pillows and blankets down and heads into the forest. There he cuts down some trees and makes a wooden shelter next to Anna’s grave. He puts the pillows and blankets in and puts palm leaves on the roof “Now I can stay longer, my love…”

Flag Post

Gerald

I remember that guy. A real tough guy in a fight, similar to Lockjaw in a way. This guy was more coordinated in his attacks though. I remember that all too well.

I start remembering the conflict I had with her father. It was night indeed. The neighborhood was asleep for the most part. He knew who I was according to news reports and tried to take the law into his own hands instead of just jogging past me. He wouldn’t have died if he had just kept moving.

…I’m sorry for you loss…

I get up out of bed, get dressed into my pants, shirt and jacket, grab my conduit and make for the door at a slow, comfortable pace.

…I…need some time to be alone right now…

Flag Post

James “Im going to get some food Anna…” James walks into town

Flag Post

Emilie

“Oh, alright…”

I turned to face away from the door. Why would he leave me right now, in this semi-vulnerable state? Usually after confessing such an unfortunate event, a person is comforted by those around them. But maybe Gerry felt guilty for asking such question, that, or he didn’t know what to say. But I’d worry about that later, right now it was best if I tried to fall asleep.