Zombie Apocalypse RP Chapter 2: The hunt for Dr. Schturmgrobner page 195 (locked)

7614 posts

Flag Post

(I assume that by the time I return from school tomorrow, we will be well into the next day, so you may stsrt the scouting before I return if need be)

Flag Post

(I will be at court tomorrow morning. Last time, the courthouse was closed due to asbestos abatement.)

Flag Post

James Walks around with the night watch
Abbey Hugs into Alex sobbing

Flag Post

It is 6 A.M. The sun is just starting to rise.

Gerald

I slip out of bed, not waking Emi. I talk to myself for a moment.

…Another great day. I’m just gonna let Emi get some sleep. After what she’s been through, she deserves it. I will inform the nurses under her…

I step out and head for Doc Maxwell’s area. The nurses are on the bottom floor, waiting for Emi.

…Ladies, Emi won’t be in today so I’m letting you decide who takes charge until she recovers. I have to go wake my men up so they can train some more. Do Emi proud, girls. She’s my vice command…

I leave and head for the church to ring the bell to wake everyone up. I get on the loudspeaker.

Loudspeaker: Rise and shine, people. Melee fighters, today you will be sparring against each other as practice. Archers, see James for your next bit of training. Fishing team, we are running low on seafood. Please have some in by tonight. Scouting team, search for farmland past the abandoned part of town. Be aware of your surroundings. Salvaging team, search more of the buildings today. Cooking team, keep up the great work. You all know your jobs so let’s get stuff done.

The pastor and Miguel, my melee teaching assistant want to speak to me.

…So, what’s up?…

Pastor: Gerald, we believe that Carlos guy has been acting really off kilter.

Miguel: I was guarding the scientist the whole night, thinking Carlos would come and try something again.

…I don’t see him that often anyway…

Pastor: Not only that, a few people went with him at one point and never came back.

…I see…perhaps I should follow him next time. I have the homefield advantage so stalking him shouldn’t be a problem…

Flag Post

Abbey Abbey wakes up and slowly rises out of the blankets
James Heads to the church with haste…

Flag Post

Gerald

As Miguel, Pastor Guillermo and I are discussing matters, James makes his way in.

…Good to see you, James. We were just about to go over something important. As the head archery instructor, we need you in here as well. The pastor has a room set up with a table and several chairs. Join us…

As the door opens, it reveals a hidden set of stairs leading underground. There, a door made to look like a stone wall is present. We head down and open the door. The room is brightly lit with ivory white walls, burgundy wood paneling, burgundy stained cabinets and shelves and bottles of wine and chalices in the far back. The table is rectangular and has a crucifix emblazoned in gold on it.

Flag Post

James “What is this?” James asks

Flag Post

Gerald

…Pastor Guillermo showed me this some time after I took charge in rebuilding this town. There was an organization that dated back to the Crusades. They were known as the Knights Templar or more simply, Templars. After it was disbanded in I think the 1300’s, they faded out of existence…at least to the public eye. Member built this before they died off. Perhaps it was built in an effort to give birth to new Templars. Whatever the case may be, we have a soundproof room to use so let’s use it. Have a seat…

The pastor, Miguel and myself all sit down as the door closes.

…As the pastor and Miguel have mentioned to me, Carlos is a really suspicious character…

Flag Post

James Takes a seat “I’ve heard of the Templars, off Assassins creed…” James jokes “But really, I have heard of them…”

Flag Post

Gerald

Miguel: So what are we going to do about Carlos? He’s get some beef with the scientist…something about forcing the guy to stop his research.

…What? Why?…

Miguel: From what the scientist said, Carlos was saying something about the dead walking the earth being the will of God and that we can’t go against it.

My chuckle become a laugh for a moment before dying down.

…I found that funny, I’m sorry. Back to the topic, surely he knows that he makes an enemy out of me by doing this. I will not allow Doc Maxwell’s research to be put to a halt. At the same time, I want to catch Carlos doing something that would remove all doubt that he is plotting something…

Flag Post

-James “Well, I haven’t seen Carlos for a while lately…” James adds “But I agree, the doctors research must not be stopped…”

Flag Post

Gerald

Pastor: Gerald, what would you suggest?

…James will be on nightly rooftop watch to ensure Carlos doesn’t get inside the building the scientist is in. If he does get in, James will have an alarm device on him that he can set off to let the inner guard know that Carlos is near…

Miguel: I will be the scientist’s protective detail, hiding near him to ambush anybody who would try to do wrong to the scientist.

…I will be tracking Carlos myself. As a professional serial killer, I had to learn how to stalk people and not get noticed. I will be using those skills again…

Flag Post

Carlos
I hear the morning alarm. I should probably meet with my task force and have them scavenge supplies. We could use some wood. First I suppose I should meet in the church and some see if I could eat a quick virus.

Walking into the church, “Gerald? Is there breakfast anywhere?”
I await for a response.

Flag Post

No response is given from the church…it is completely empty…except for the hidden soundproof chamber.

Gerald

…Pastor, you’re positive this is completely soundproof?…

Pastor: Nothing gets in. Nothing gets out. Door’s locked, for the record.

Miguel: So I guess we have our own plan, huh?

…Yeah…I’m gonna stalk Carlos to make sure he isn’t doing anything stupid…

Flag Post

Alex West
Alex hugs Abbey. “Hi how’d you sleep?”

Flag Post

Abbey “I had another nightmare, sorry for waking you in the night”

Flag Post

Carlos
I guess nobody is here. I don’t know where my group is either. Maybe I should catch up on sleep. I walk back out into the woods, but just barely along the outskirts, climb into a tree and begin to take a nap.

Flag Post

Alex West
“What did you dream about?”

Flag Post

Abbey “My mother…” She says sadly
James James leans back in his chair “Seems like a plan…”

Flag Post

Gerald

…James, the pastor has an old metal whistle you can use as an alarm to let Miguel know when Carlos has entered…

The pastor hands James the whistle and gets up to unlock the door.

Pastor: Let’s get going now. We shouldn’t stay here for too long.

Miguel: I will get to teach everyone until evening. James, you do the same with your group. Gerald will do this thing.

I head upstairs and outside. Asking someone who is clearly not busy, I find out the general direction where Carlos went. It leads to a forest but that’s it. I have to find the rest of my way there. Time to follow mud trackings along the ground.

Flag Post

Kendall

I walk into a secluded alley and decide to take another half pill in order to help with the withdrawals. Now and here is not the place or time for a breakdown. After a few minutes I leave and just stroll around, bored. Not really sure what to do, I just rest up against a building and observe those around me, looking for conversation.

Flag Post

Alex West
“What about your mother?”

Flag Post

Abbey “Happy times…then they turn bad” Abbey leans against him “I miss her…”

Flag Post

Alex West
Alex hugs her. “I’m sorry Abbey.”

Flag Post

Abbey A tear rolls down her cheek “I really do…”