Zombie Apocalypse RP Chapter 2: The hunt for Dr. Schturmgrobner page 101 (locked)

7614 posts

Flag Post

James James looks at his arm and nods “Okay, I…I just need more time at the grave. Do you understand?”

Flag Post

Emilie

I stagger back, but out of anger, I smack James with a few spikes protruding from the back of my hand, ignoring the pain that was seemingly spreading.

“DON’T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!”

Flag Post

Kold

…Emi, deep breaths. I got this…

I look at James after talking to Emi.

…If you like, Emi and I will accompany you. I’ve lost a lot of family in my time before the outbreak. I’ll help where I can. I still have to remove your telepathy though. Again, you’ll still live but this is your last chance. I’m speaking to you, man to man on this…

Flag Post

James “Thank you Kold, your a good man. Im sorry” James looks at Emilie and kicks her away “Do you even know how it feels to lose someone you loved! Learn some respect you arrogant bitch!”

Flag Post

Kold

…James, that’s enough. Emi, do not respond to what he did. He’s rather upset over everything so we should at least help him find closure. Now, I’m going to pull the spikes out of you. We’ll handle this properly right after. Right, Emi? Besides, I think there are ways to find closure that don’t involve hurting or killing Abbey. We will talk about that when we get to it…

I notice the cross on the beach and pull the first spike out.

…That cross on the sand…That’s for her, isn’t it?

Flag Post

Emilie

After I recover, I walk off without saying another word, clutching the wound with one hand.

Flag Post

Nicholas

My eyes widen.

“Kold killed Anna? Why?” I lay down, my head resting on my hands. “Wow, I missed a lot.”

Flag Post

James “Yes, it’s the best I could do…”
Abbey “She kidnapped me and tried to hang me…”

Flag Post

Kold

…It’s perfectly understandable…

I shift my hand into the lightning cross and produce a small charge.

…It won’t kill you, James but it will hurt a little. I have to remove your telepathy. I’m sorry…

I let a single bolt of electricity hit James’ head for a few seconds and then lower my arm and remove the other spike.

Emi, I’m sorry. I couldn’t have you hurting him any further. I think he means it this time. He’s done with vengeance.

…Did you hear that thought, James? If so, I have to shock you again…

Flag Post

Nicholas

I slowly got up, looking at Abbey.

“Oh…” I looked away. “Well, I’m sorry. I didn’t like her anyway.”

I got up and started to walk away.

I stopped and turned my head. “I’ll just be wandering the campgrounds… maybe you should try to get some rest.” I walked away towards and tree and sat down with my back resting against it.

Flag Post

Abbey Looks at Nick holding her arms out for a hug “Are you really okay?”
James “No…” James walks away to the grave and sits next to it

Flag Post

Kold

I walk toward James and put a hand on his shoulder.

…How’d you and her meet, James?…

Flag Post

James “We met on a beach, of course in a SKULL operation. Our relationship grew until we got married. 2 months later she was stabbed by Abbey and sent to jail shorty after for the Los Angeles bombings. I never saw her again, until just then…”

Flag Post

Kold

…I see. Attacking Abbey is not how to attain closure though. Did she have any hobbies? Anything she liked doing outside of SKULL and its missions?…

Flag Post

James “She loved the beach, as I mentioned. Also she was a very keen on video games. We played together in our spare time…” A tear rolls down his cheek “I miss her…”

Flag Post

Emilie

“Yeah, don’t worry about it,” I reply to myself.

Once I was back at camp, I go inside my tent and collapse on the sleeping bag. For the moment being, I didn’t care about the blood staining through my clothes and pooling underneath me, I just wanted to lay still so that hopefully the pain would go away.

Flag Post

Kold

…I understand that you miss her, James. Anytime you want to visit the beach when there is one, we’ll give you some time alone. I have an idea though…If we can find a glass or plastic bottle, we can take some of the sand and water here, put it in the bottle and permanently seal it so you have a piece of her with you at all times. What were or are your hobbies and interests outside of SKULL and its operations? Video games, I know already…

I’ll take care of you, Emi. I promise. I will patch up the wound when I get back.

Flag Post

James “That would be great, I liked football…”

(Or for you Americans, the so called sport of ‘Soccer’)

Abbey Notices Emilie and checks on her “Emilie! Are you okay?”

Flag Post

Kold

…Not much I can do regarding football but I’ll think of something. I’m sure there’s a lot you would like to say to Anna right now. Go ahead, man. Talk to her. She won’t respond but I’m confident that she can hear you regardless…

I back up a few steps.

…Get everything off your chest when talking to her. You should not have this weight of regret on your shoulders…

Flag Post

James Leans his head on the cross “Everyone has forgiven you, even Kold…” James chuckles “Im going to be nice to Abbey, you may not like it but I know deep down you will appreciate it. Anna, when I get to that place your in right now we can play all the games we want, but for now I must live my life down here. I hope you understand, I love you Anna…” James bursts into tears…

Flag Post

Emilie

It’s fine, I can handle—

“Your brother and I had a little scuffle. Kold’s probably trying to console him right now. Actually, do you mind if I have a little privacy for a while?”

Flag Post

Kold

I step forward and kneel next to James, putting a hand on his shoulder again.

…It’s alright man. Let it out. This is you freeing yourself from your past. James, SKULL operative…is dead. Who is rising from the SKULL operative’s ashes to do good from now on? Full name, man. Come on…

No, Emi. Part of this was my fault. As your boyfriend, I have to help you get better.

Flag Post

James “James…T..Thompson…” James stops crying
Abbey Abbey sighs “My fault again…” Walks out kicking the sand “Always me fault!” She sits on the sand head in hands

Flag Post

Emilie

“It was nobody’s fault but my own…” I mumble, communicating to both Abbey and Gerry before passing out.

Flag Post

Kold

…That’s right. James Thompson has risen from the ashes of his past self. Come on, man. There is one other person you need to talk to…Abbey. You’re a new man, Thompson. Show Abbey that you’ve changed and that you won’t go back to your old ways this time…

I begin walking along the beach back to camp and notice Abbey with her head in her hands. I point to her.

…Now’s your chance, man. Do your thing while I tend to Emi…

I walk alone to Emi’s tent and see her laying down. I kneel down and put a finger to her lips before she has a chance to speak.

Don’t say or think anything just yet. Not until I finish. I was partially the cause for you getting stabbed. I’ll do whatever I can to see this wound heal up. I’m sorry Emi. I love you…so much. I won’t let something like that happen again. Okay, Emi?

She doesn’t respond. I shake her once and get concerned.

Emi? Wake up, babe. Come on, I know this didn’t kill you. You’re stronger than that.

I get up and head out of the tent to find the medical bag. I grab gauze, disinfectant and bandage wrap and head back in. I reveal the wound on Emi and turn her on her side. I place disinfectant along the wound. I then place some gauze to absorb the blood and pick her upright to apply the bandage wrap around her waist. Ten minutes it took before I laid her back down so she could rest. I step out of the tent again and start walking to the ocean. I really should be getting food ready now so I step in for another shark.