Zombie Apocalypse RP Chapter 2: The hunt for Dr. Schturmgrobner page 97 (locked)

7614 posts

Flag Post

James ‘’Okay…’’ smells his clothes ‘’I think I should have a wash when I get back’’ he jokes and walks back to camp
Abbey ‘’You mean, you don’t remember anything Damian?’’

Flag Post

Damian
Well, I remember that dumb sword making death threats at me in that pawn shop, but I certainely don’t remember traveling to some Tropical Island! Or that there are now zombies! (looks in a puddle) JESUS CHRIST! WHY DO I LOOK SO OLD?!?

Flag Post

Abbey ‘’How old are you? If you must know I’m 22…’’

Flag Post

Kold

…Yeah…you can call me Kold. Don’t worry about how you got here…what matters is survival…Now, I can get us some lunch just by killing a shark in the water but eventually, we will have to move from here. All we have to do is get a baseball bat, some long nails and a hammer and we’re all set. Then we can practice swinging that thing around so you’re ready for close-quarters combat. We will have to head to town for the stuff so let me know when you are ready and we will head over together. I will give you some zombie hunting tips along the way so you’re armed physically and intellectually. Anybody else want to come with Damian and I to town when Damian’s good and ready?…

Flag Post

Emilie

After James leaves, I walk over to the berries I’d found earlier and pick a few to eat them on the way. Once I reach camp, I place the bag in my tent and head out to meet the others.

Flag Post

Abbey ‘’I don’t want to, I…I’m still in some shock…I hope you understand…’’
James Walks in and gets his bow. He then practices against a nearby tree trying to get rid of his emotions…

Flag Post

Nicholas

I walk into camp from the forest and head straight towards Kold, Damian, and Abbey.

“Hey, guys. I was just practicing my skills and such.” I looked around to find the others. James was playing with his bow and Emilie was walking towards us. “Hey, Emilie. Anyway, guys, what’s up?”

Flag Post

Damian
(breathes deeply for a second) Well, I THOUGHT I was 16, but I look like a 25 year old! (looks at Kold) I swear, you look really familiar, old timer. And sure, why not? I could use a few home-run swings to cheer me up. (grins) Mind you, I dont usually fight, but I’ll try.

Flag Post

Emilie

“Maybe we can find a way to get out of here while we’re at it, I think I’m getting some serious island fever.”

Flag Post

Kold

…I was a human, Damian. I got infected and mutated into this. Normally, the infection would hijack the brain and cause the victim to lose control. Not me…I fought its only attempt at hijacking the brain and won. I’m actually twenty-eight…

I shift my claw arm into the blessed triple drills.

…The undead are rather stupid. However, they don’t need direct sight to know something is there. Zombies have a sense of smell and hearing as well but any sound will get their attention if loud enough so that can prove to help us distract some of them. If you are bleeding however, they will try to find you. Zombies love the smell of blood so hope that you don’t bleed if a horde of them is in your way otherwise they will all go for you until you’ve turned into one of them. We’ll try to find small groups of them so you can practice…

Flag Post

James James sits on the beach exhausted
Abbey Lays on the sand enjoying the sun and responds to Emilie ‘’Well, I think I think I’m sick of sleeping in a tent. But at least we are safe here…’’

Flag Post

Damian
(smiles) Sorry bout the old-timer thing then, you seem pretty cool. (grins and puts away shotgun) By the way, why dont we just put a blade in the baseball bat instead? That way, I can bludgeon or slash..

Flag Post

Kold

…It would have to be a smooth-edge blade though. A serrated/toothed blade would get caught in a zombie, making pulling it out very risky. We should go with a wood bat over an aluminum bat. Wood bats, while capable of breaking are easier to swing as you don’t have all that added weight that aluminum provides. We will need a drill to make the hole in the large tip of the bat to insert the knife in. Then we will have to keep the knife in there with something. More work and resources will be necessary but it will can be done…

Flag Post

Damian
Hmmm… If we had a drill, maybe we could put a hole in the bottom and top of the blade. Then we slip the blade in and nail into the wood where the holes in the blade are. That would hold it…

Flag Post

Kold

…We would need a saw then to remove the handle and put a cut into the end of the bat to fit the rest of the knife in…

Flag Post

James Goes to his tent and takes a nap
Abbey Relaxes in the sun

(Gtg)

Flag Post

Damian
Maybe we are making this too complicated.. I do like sharpness, but it doesnt have to be from a metal blade.. We could turn the bat into a wooden mace by nailing wood triangles into the bat…

Flag Post

Emilie

“If you’ll excuse me, I suddenly remembered something.”

I head back to my tent and look for the journal I’ve kept with me since the outbreak. Once I find it amongst my belongings, I begin to write.

“To Erik and Nicolai:

Sorry it’s been a while since I last wrote to you, I’ve been stuck in this nameless island for who knows how long and it’s about to drive me insane. The group I’m with is nice though, and I even have a boyfriend who’s very caring and protective of me.
The reason why I’m writing is because today is my 21st birthday, an event that nearly escaped my mind if it wasn’t for the others talking about their age. I clearly remember the promise you two made me about going to Vegas to celebrate, and I only wish we could have been there today, having a good time.
Wishful thinking aside, I’m making my own promise to write to you two more often from now on. You know I haven’t forgotten you.

Love always,

Emilie"

Almost immediately, I felt guilty about not writing to my brothers as often as I used to. But I made them a promise today, one I intended to keep.

Once my belongings are back in their place, I step outside again.

Flag Post

Kold

I shift my drills into the morning star and let the spiked ball hang by its chain a few inches from the ground.

…Similar to this, minus the chain, right, Damian? This is a morning star, an excellent defense breaker…

I see Emi step outside.

Oh, hey, sexy. Damian and I will be heading into town in a bit to get him a close-quarters melee weapon created. He wants a baseball bat with a blade inside the end of it. I figured we could get a chef’s knife, a saw, a drill and the bat and make him that weapon. after that, I’m going to have him test it out on some zombies we will look for…small groups only, of course. Wanna come with?

Flag Post

Emilie

A chef’s knife, huh? Hopefully the guy doesn’t cut himself. Alright, I’ll go with you two. There’s a berry bush out in the woods that I want to stop by.

Flag Post

Damian
(looks at the transforming weapon with curiousity) Sick dude! A multi-purpose arm! if only I had that back in Chatham… Then I could have gotten the money outta those punks…

Flag Post

Kold

…This bad boy can be any of four weapons…A morning star with a chain that offers considerable reach, an extending claw with sharp nails, a trio of diamond tip drills and my newest weapon…

I shift it into the lightning cross.

…Originally, this was a large-bore shotgun that used skulls and crushed them so that the bone fragments could be used as buckshot. I placed a cross into the barrel and a bolt of lightning changed it. Now, this thing can fire holy lightning. I refer to it as the lightning cross. As a matter of fact, all four of these weapons have been dipped in holy water and sanctified, allowing me to kill the undead with ease. Then there’s the spiked gauntlet on my left hand which is also blessed…

He won’t cut himself. We’re placing it in the end of the bat as a sort of weapon extension.

I begin heading for the dirt path.

…Emi will be coming with us. She wants to stop by a berry bush…probably to harvest…

Flag Post

Damian
Okay, cool. (walks with Kold and eyes turn pale) huh? what am I looking at? I think I’m looking at a baseball bat… it’s in a small gray building, no windows, with a couple greenish humanoid thingies, which I think are zombies, inside the building…

Flag Post

Damian

The guy can see through walls? I didn’t know that…

Flag Post

Kold

Don’t get too excited about it, Emi. We still have to find this berry bush you’re after.