Activity Encouragement Mafia (End-Game) page 3 (locked)

317 posts

Flag Post

Confirmed!

Flag Post

1. Posting on their own regard without reading other posts first, trying too hard to fit in.
2. Probably the mafia because they only need to worry about killing.
3. Yes, I’m in Kong a lot throughout the day.

Flag Post

Confirmed.

Flag Post
  1. Too lazy to put all the reasons. But I can say that trying to make all the lynches land in one person without a good reason.
  2. Don’t know.
  3. Maybe.

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

Not Voting (9): walfordking, adv0catus, vixenated, CowFriend, efar, AdeebNafees, Behemoth542, Jaskaran2000, REALinsanemonkey

With 9 people, 5 people voting are needed for a lynch. There are about 96 hours left before the standard deadline. If 5 people are not voting by this deadline, the deadline will be extended.

Other Info

• Everyone except REALinsanemonkey has confirmed.

Flag Post

Voting efar because of his eagerness to lynch Cow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vixenated:

Any reasons to think that it’s not due to him:?

a) Joking, as trying to initiate the joke phase.
b) being new to the game.

Flag Post

Perhaps we need something else to stir up discussion, the current discussion isn’t going on too well..

Meh, might as well.

[RNG vote: RIM]

Flag Post

Could be because it’s the weekend… I’m not sure.

Flag Post

(Jask)

In the meanwhile, to keep you occupied with something by using a RQS, any suspicion directed towards me for making this, and I will hate you for the rest of my life.

Defensive much?

As always. people who do not answer questions are going to be considered more suspicious than everyone else

Unless some people answered the questions in a suspicious way, I presume?

people who have only answered some questions will receive less suspicious than the ones who have not answered but more than the one who have.

I lol’d.

1. In general, what activities do you find scummy?

Difficult to put it in a nutshell, and this can be interpreted in different contexts.

Basically, any activity that I would be likely to commit in the same situations as scum in any game constitutes as a scumtell to me. This can be as simple as a casual reference to how someone was appearing a bit too informed, which would probably be the way I’d fish for the probable Cop, or just say sweet nothings while trying not to say anything substantial that might give town a clue. Hiding opinions and going with the flow can also be a scumtell, but most scumtells are context-sensitive. Not to mention person-sensitive.

2. What faction do you think will win this game? Give reasons for your answer.

I am optimistic, but I don’t really see how my stance on this affects the game. If you mean statistically/from personal experience, I’d say town needs to be careful with its lynches if it wants to win, since every mislynch not only brings us closer to LyLo, but also increases the probability of eliminating a useful power role.

3. Are you willing to participate more actively than just a simple post per day?

Sure, unless my network connection borks.

(vixen)

Posting on their own regard without reading other posts first, trying too hard to fit in.

Is that a scumtell or a bad townie tell? Why wouldn’t scum bother reading all the posts if they wanted to fit in? Wouldn’t they like to read more posts so that they had a better grasp of the flow of the game?

(Behemoth)

But I can say that trying to make all the lynches land in one person without a good reason.

Elaborate? Are you referring to votes?

(vixen)

Did he really seem very eager? He didn’t even vote Cow, did he?

(Jask)

Perhaps we need something else to stir up discussion, the current discussion isn’t going on too well..

Something like you replying to your own questionaire and/or modprods?

Meh, might as well.

So you are going to be voting RiM? Why did you mention “RNG” in your vote when it doesn’t change anything? You know you can as well pretend to have RNG’d as not.

(vixen)

Could be because it’s the weekend… I’m not sure.

Respond to Jask, please. Are you voting efar because you think that his vote can’t be explained by any of the reasons mentioned in Jask’s post?

Flag Post

I’m voting him because I find him suspicious, Jask.

[I won’t be on for a while after this post.]

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

Not Voting (9): walfordking, adv0catus, vixenated, CowFriend, efar, AdeebNafees, Behemoth542, Jaskaran2000, REALinsanemonkey

With 9 people, 5 people voting are needed for a lynch. There are about 77 hours left before the standard deadline. If 5 people are not voting by this deadline, the deadline will be extended.

Other Info

• Everyone except REALinsanemonkey has confirmed.
  • If activity still seems like it’s between the same few players when the time reaches 60 hours left, I’ll start spamming people with modprods.

Flag Post

Well, REAL hasn’t confirmed and Efar is being voted off because his eagerness to lynch cow.

Until I see anything happening then I vote no lynch

Flag Post

Blargh, sorry, I confirm.

Flag Post

Efar is being voted off because his eagerness to lynch cow.

I’m not understanding the logic here.

@Jask

As always. people who do not answer questions are going to be considered more suspicious than everyone else

lolol let’s lynch anyone who doesn’t answer your questions

Flag Post

[AN]

Defensive much?

It has happened before, and other people don’t get suspicion for doing it, only example of getting suspicion on themselves due to making the RNG is me (on kong anyway), so, I’ve reached the conclusion people only do it because they hate me. I would like to avoid any stupid suspicions on me so we can focus on scummy behavior, rather than that.

Unless some people answered the questions in a suspicious way, I presume?

People who answered in a suspicious way would get about the same about of suspicion as the ones who partly answered questions, I’d like to think, would only make sense.

I lol’d.

YOU phrase it better.

question answers

Alrighty.

[AN]

Something like you replying to your own questionaire and/or modprods?

(Screw you, brain), yeah, I’ll probably do that somewhere down below in this post.

So you are going to be voting RiM? Why did you mention “RNG” in your vote when it doesn’t change anything? You know you can as well pretend to have RNG’d as not.

Yes, I am, mainly due to the reason that I had forgotten about answering my own questionaire and I mentioned RNG because I have no reason to be lying, since town, nor any reason to give any partial info, thus I stated it, and if I had not mentioned it, due to it being RNG I would have had the same question on me enforced by different people as to why I voted RIM, and then saying “RNG lol” wouldn’t exactly help, rather it would only cause more suspicion on me than when I would mention RNG in my original post. I could’ve, but since I have no reason to be lying, yeah.

[Vix]

I’m voting him because I find him suspicious, Jask.

I am not asking why you voted him, I asked to give reasons why the points I stated could not be the case happening.

[Walford]

You do realize lynches are one of townie’s main weapons? Why the hell would you vote no lynch rather than not vote at all? Please answer the questionaire, as well as post your opinions on the current matter than just saying a simple line. Voting for no lynch will only hurt town, in my opinion, thus, [FoS: Walf]

[RIM]

Please bother to post your opinion on everything that has happened yet (or most of the things). It would be appreciated.

[Jask]

Jester-like playstyle, and posting but not sharing your opinions on most matters would be the main activities that I find scummy, rest comes with different types of mafias.

What faction do you think will win this game? Give reasons for your answer.

Even though being town-sided, I believe mafia will win, this is so because a lot of mislynches are going to happen, speaking from my little experience, though I’d say the chances that town wins are 35%, really. But that’s just speaking from my lil exp.

Are you willing to participate more actively than just a simple post per day?

Willing to, yes. Will I, not sure.

Flag Post

And.. ninja’d by cow.

And.. ninja’d by cow.[Cow]

lolol let’s lynch anyone who doesn’t answer your questions

Let’s not, I only stated that they should be considered more suspicious, I never stated that they should be lynched. They should just be higher priority lynch candidates in the case there are no scumtells.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Please bother to post your opinion on everything that has happened yet (or most of the things). It would be appreciated.

Yep, just give me a little bit to read the entire thing. xD

EDIT: Okay that was weird…

Flag Post
Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:

Yep, just give me a little bit to read the entire thing. xD

EDIT: Okay that was weird…

10. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).

Flag Post

EBWOP: In the meanwhile; I will [Unvote: RIM] because he is willing to contribute, and I doubt that vote changed anything.

Flag Post

Oh yes, I forgot about the EBWOP rule…
Sorry about that.

Anyway, after reading everything I can’t really find anyone more suspicious than anyone else. You’re all guilty until proven innocent to me.

Anyway, questionaire…

Well… not posting then jumping on the bandwagon would be most scummy looking to me. Also, strong evidence being denied sorta… desperately always appear scummy to me.

2. What faction do you think will win the game?

I can’t really answer this question. I don’t know what side is going to have the advantage until after we’ve lost a few…

3. Are you willing to participate more actively than just a simple post per day?

Willing to, yes. Will I, not sure.

Flag Post

Aright, I’ll answer the questionaire.

1. Now that depends on the Mafia, you’re playing at the time. Every Mafia is different.

2. Normally its against Mafia vs Townies. Everyone votes out town in their first vote off/first day. It’s very rare for people to vote off Mafia on the first day. So I’ll answer this one later on if I’m still here.

3. Depends again. Don’t want to spam.

These are my experiences of making and joining a Mafia. When you make a Mafia, the host knows who’s who. then you see a different side to a Mafia.
When joining a Mafia, you only know one role. Yours.

See No. 2 on why I voted no lynch because I don’t want to kill off town.

Flag Post

Well… as always, I didn’t take other factors into account. It could be any of the two, honestly, but I guess my eagerness to play the game overshadowed the obvious.

I’m torn now, about what I should do, and the lack of sleep I’ve had for these past few days aren’t helping.

Flag Post

[Walf]

Now that depends on the Mafia, you’re playing at the time. Every Mafia is different.

But you can apply some general rules, therefore I would like you to say them.

Depends again. Don’t want to spam.

Why do you think that you can only post more than once in a day with spam, what teh hell.

When joining a Mafia, you only know one role. Yours.

Some roles have the ability to know other’s roles at the start, so I have to disagree.

See No. 2 on why I voted no lynch because I don’t want to kill off town.

If you don’t want to kill off town, then don’t vote, voting no lynch is purely a stupid action in a forum mafia.

Flag Post

[Vix]

I’m torn now, about what I should do,

Comment on posts, if you find a post you think you should comment on, even if aimed at another person, please comment on it.