[Sign-Ups] Deify

231 posts

Flag Post

R4L

Flag Post

Imagine a fantasy world – call it “Earth” for the sake of simplicity – filled with various generic fantastic beings. Humans, of course, but also elves, faeries, dwarves, dragons, unicorns, and a number of different forms of animal-folk and -people (the difference being that the -folk of a certain animal type are anthropomorphized versions of the animal in question, whereas -people merely hold some features of the animal, such as the ears).
And, of course, what fantasy setting would be complete without magic? Most beings hold magical power to some degree, although it is very rare to see a non-sapient being capable of using it at all, although some, such as the aforementioned unicorn, can do so instinctively, and to a surprising level of effectiveness. But obviously, because humans are apparently special in some way, the race with the greatest control over such power must be humanity… right?

Wrong. Or, well, sort of right. Let me explain.
With regards to mortal beings, certainly, humans may generally be considered the producers of the greatest of all magi. However, a class of being exists even above these rare few – immortal beings, spiritual in nature, with an unparalleled grasp of magic use and ability to bend, alter, and otherwise change the very fabric of reality through magical use.

These are the deities – formed from the magical energy of believers both modern and ancestral, and worshiped world-wide by almost every mortal, sapient creature there is.

These are who you will be playing as. Have fun.

Flag Post

Sign-Up Form
Name: [Name here. Simple enough.]
Alternate Name(s): [Any alternate names your character has, including nicknames.]
Title(s): [Any titles your character holds as a deity.]
Appearance: [What your character looks like. This can be just about any fantastic being, including those mentioned in the introduction.]
Personality: [This is more complex. A deity’s full personality consists of two parts: the base personality, and the perceived personality.]
Base: [This is the deity’s own personality, and what they are, at heart, inclined to do for or to their subjects and other beings.]
Perceived: [This is how a deity’s worshipers perceive them as acting, and thus, by transitive quality, part of how a deity is likely to act. This may be very similar to the base personality, or a polar opposite.]
Overall: [The base and perceived personalities combined, to form a given deity’s overall personality and method of acting.]
Focus: [All deities are extremely powerful, and most PC deities will be able to do nearly anything, with certain exceptions as listed in the rules/guidelines. However, nearly all deities will have some form of focus, as this allows them to passively draw power from the focus, and not just their worshipers. It also defines what they are worshiped for, and how they prefer to use their power (although not necessarily what their powers are limited to). Note that deities may only have a single focus at a time, and that a more focused focus is not necessarily weaker or stronger than a more generalized focus – sure, you could choose atoms as your focus, but as a PC, you won’t be any stronger or weaker than another PC deity who chose trees as their focus. I will make absolutely certain that this is the case.]
Portfolio: [Additional abstract concepts based around their physical focus. Deities don’t directly draw power from their portfolio, but are somewhat more proficient in using their powers in terms of the portfolio, although a greater number of concepts means that proficiency in them is spread out more.]
Backstory: [Which group formed your deity, what activities they have engaged in since their creation, and how the deity has changed since its creation. Note that, since deities are immortal, age is not a restrictive factor – make one who was formed fifty thousand years ago (relative to the current time period of the game), if you so desire. But not much further than that, since sapient beings who could potentially have formed such deities only came into being about that long ago. other than that, go nuts.]

Flag Post

And now a few rules/guidelines, before we go crazy with nearly-omnipotent beings. These need to be read through before a character is created.

1. Kong and FGF rules apply.
2. Unless otherwise stated, all PCs will have roughly the same level of power, such that, in a hypothetical one-on-one duel, two PC deities will likely fight each other to a standstill. You may, without consequence, have a deity weaker than normal PC level deities; however, deities stronger than the PC threshold will require my express permission to be allowed.
3. One character per account per player. And please try not to make more than one character; if you absolutely must have two, you’ll need to PM me for permission. And no more than two deities, at most; even that many working together is an extremely powerful force in the hands of just one player.
4. I will likely not give much direction to players in this game – being that deities are excessively powerful, trying to do so would be awkward at best. If you are not absolutely certain that you will be able to come up with your own character development and have the ability to post regularly, do not create a character. I will not be tolerant regarding this; if a player fails to post regularly without giving a reason for doing so, their PCs will be erased from future existence without warning, and they will not be allowed to return to their previous character or create another one unless they can prove that they will post regularly in the future.
5. Deities are extremely powerful; however, even these beings have limits. Specifically, the following are acts that just about all deities are incapable of engaging in:
- Deities are not actually omni-anything – that is to say, they still have limits on what they can do with their bodies.
- Their choice of focus cannot be an abstract concept, such as “mind” or “metaphorical heart”, as these do not actually “exist” as physical objects. That is what the portfolio is for, if you so desire.
- Their choice of focus must be unique, i.e. not taken already by another deity.
- They cannot choose fire, water, air, or earth as their focus, as these have long since been taken by significantly more powerful deities than the PCs.
- Nor can they choose “deities” or “magic” as their focus.
- Deities cannot brainwash other deities, due to their spiritual nature, and attempting to brainwash mortals is excessively difficult, even on an individual scale, and likely to cause severe brain damage and/or death to the subject if attempted.
- Deities live on the same plane as mortal beings, unless they’ve created their own pocket dimension in which to reside in, and even then, they are likely to visit the mortal realm very regularly. As such, it is nearly impossible for a deity to hide anything from the notice of anyone. They’re like ridiculously popular singers or film stars IRL – they can attempt to hide something they do, but sooner or later, they will be found out and, if necessary, dealt with appropriately by other deities.
6. Due to previous events, if you wish to add or change anything to the game beyond typical mythological lore for anything – e.g. new lore for a common mythological creature, or potentially plot-changing events or characters beyond PCs, etc. – it must be PMed to and approved by me before you enact the addition or change.

I’ll add new rules and guidelines as appropriate. Until then, have fun not breaking these ones.

Flag Post

Signs
Xenophonite (Underlord, P1.7)
Asmel (RokRokRok, P1.8)
Levi (Kipdon, P1.10)
Azorel (gammaflux, P1.18)
Furoren (MasterCheif987, P1.19)
Màtoha (ZigZagZombie, P1.25)
Xinuriel (Behemoth542, P2.1)
Ferren (ocelot, P2.2)
Kitaska (FelineForumer, P3.18)
Hangman (hangman95, P3.19)
Geia (BCLEGENDS, P4.5)
Frostix (thedude0, P4.17)
Unknown (Knoob85687, P4.19)
Luto (overfrost, P4.21)
Malokiden (Ronaga, P5.1)
Arkfurionsk Inferfurie (helltank, P5.6)
Richter (Kipdon, P5.7)
Momjir Vrig (Minnakht, P6.7)
Lotharien (Nerdsoft, P9.12)

This will be added to as people make new characters.

Flag Post

…oookay, looks like we’re done with adding stuff. Feel free to start making characters, people.

Flag Post

Sign!

Name: Xenophonite

Alternate Name(s): Lord Xenophon, Lord Xenophonite

Title(s): The Superior Being, The Lord of All that is Good

Appearance: Xenophonite is about six feet. He is quite muscular and wears a white silk robe with elaborate golden designs that reaches the floor. He has short white hair and fully white eyes. He wears white sandals, and white bands slightly tightly wrapped around his wrists. He also has a necklace with a golden gem that glows.

Personality:

- Base: Xenophonite is one of the kindest deities. He is very reasonable. Xenophonite seeks to teach souls to be kind and reasonable, just like him. He always remains calm and is almost never to snap at someone.

- Perceived: Xenophonite’s subjects see him as a kind lord. Basically the same as he really is. Though, some think he is more warlike, offensive.

- Overall: Xenophonite remains kind, reasonable, and calm, but sometimes he is aggressive and leads his subjects to victory on the battlefield.

Focus: Xenophonite focuses on lightning. He focuses on striking on his foes and burning them to a crisp.

- Portfolio: Xenophonite is determined to discipline lifeforms across the land. He also is a very strategic leader; he leads many of his followers to victory in battles.

Backstory: Xenophonite was formed 35,000 years ago when his subjects, the humans, became more advanced. The wizards and priests built a church and prayed, prayed and prayed and prayed for a deity. I was formed then. The wizards and priests gasped in amazement, and quickly bowed. From then on, generations of wizards and priests took on the role of teaching everyone to be kind-hearted and peaceful.

Flag Post

Name: Asmel
Alternate Name(s): Anamsedil, Onulasmel
Title(s): The Wayward Merchant
Appearance: A lean, tall man-like being. Long brown hair pull back behind the head. A sharp face, with circular glasses resting upon the nose. Blue eyes. A white shirt, brown pants and brown boots are his most common precieved outfit.
Personality:
Base: Unusual behavior that is common, but not crippling. He is smart, and good with money. Kind, he give his followers good luck.
Perceived: Crazy, Greed and Corrupt. They believe he is rich, and might someday give them all his gold, due to his weird additude.
Overall: A religious diety with greedy and crazy followers, who themselves are the additude in their diety that they worship.
Focus: Money – Where those seeking it or not, he perfers to focus on it. He want those with it to give to those less fortunate, but as most of his followers are crazy, they think that it is a moment that Asmel is being crazy and commanding them. This is the development that lead him to start becoming crazy.
Portfolio: Life, Wealth, Luck, Eccentricity
Backstory: Based upon a famous merchant five thousands years before, who earned his wealth by trading to those that were not traded to before. The exotic art that the origional Asmel obtained fetched many gold pieces, but he kept silent of where he got them. He died mysteriously one day, but people were outraged and tried to raise him from the dead to show them the way to make money. The diety of Asmel was a previously unknown diety who took control of the cultists, and has been trying to convert them, but to no avail.

Flag Post

Asmel is accepted. I’m not 100% certain about Xenophonite, granted that his focus seems fairly abstract to me.
…actually, I may as well ask. Would people like deities to be capable of using abstract concepts as focuses? I can find plenty of reasons why I shouldn’t allow it, but I’m not sure if that’s just me being overly restrictive or something…

Flag Post

Name: Levi
Alternate Name(s): Leviathan
Title(s): The Masquerade, The Deceiver
Appearance: Levi’s true form is approximately 5’5, quite short. He has no perceivable body, as he is always clad in clothes that cover all of his body, including his face. Despite this, he is typically described as being reptilian or metallic. Additionally, Levi possesses a tendency to shapeshift into any form he finds desirable at the time, so a definite form for him is nearly indescribable.
Personality:
Base: Levi is very caring, despite being known as a deceiver. He will usually come to the aid of anyone who is unintentionally hurt or otherwise negatively affected by his pranks. Still, it is worth noting that the previously stated was “usually.”
Perceived: As previously apparent, his worshipers are largely (no pun intended) halflings, thieves, rogues, and the stereotypical underdog. The devout offer gold and other scintillating objects as sacrifices to him, and in turn he blesses them with uncanny charisma. Those who do not worship him, or otherwise are less on the chaotic side, see him as nothing more than a despicable god of vagabonds and evil.
Overall: Levi is usually mischievous and playful, enjoying the more trivial things in life. Oftentimes even visiting Earth as an avatar, simply for the purpose of seeing what there is to do.
Focus: Leviathan draws power from gemstones, the shinier the jewel, the greater the output.
Portfolio: Being a material “god,” Levi has no abstract or non-physical foci.
Backstory: Levi was not formed by any mortals in particular, just as he lacks an organized religious association. Being one of the younger “deities,” Levi was found sleeping deep within the Earth by dwarven and human miners. Upon awakening, he claimed the mine as a shrine of sort. Helping him in this regard was the surplus of shining gems and ores within, as well as the permanent abandonment by the miners, who mistook Levi (with his “scales”) for a great wyrm.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Asmel is accepted. I’m not 100% certain about Xenophonite, granted that his focus seems fairly abstract to me.
…actually, I may as well ask. Would people like deities to be capable of using abstract concepts as focuses? I can find plenty of reasons why I shouldn’t allow it, but I’m not sure if that’s just me being overly restrictive or something…

I am fine either way. I do not think you are being overly restrictive.

Flag Post

Thanks for the input, Rok. Kipdon, one Focus only, please.

Flag Post

Fixed.

Flag Post

Alright, Levi is accepted.

Flag Post

Okay, I fixed.

Flag Post

Xenophonite is accepted. Incidentally, and with reference to RRR’s deity specifically, deities aren’t formed from deceased mortals; they are their own beings, even if they form as a mimic of a mortal, dead or otherwise.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Incidentally, and with reference to RRR’s deity specifically, deities aren’t formed from deceased mortals; they are their own beings, even if they form as a mimic of a mortal, dead or otherwise.

No, this Asmel is not the merchant, he is just based upon it. The original Asmel was greedy and uncouth. I should add that the diety was an unknown one who took control because he wanted to correct them, and give to the world. I will change the info.

Flag Post

Name: Azorel
Nicknames: Azore
Titles: The Punisher, and (to a much lesser extent) the Servant.
Appearance: Azorel’s true form is that of a pure cloud of energy, about 2×2×2 feet. However he is very rarely in his true form. Depending on the morals of whomever he decides to visit he will either appear as the most ideal form for that particular individual, or a form directly from their nightmares. (Azorel will also do this with deities.)
Personality:
Base: Azorel has very high values, he almost always helps those in need. He is kind, and caring. However he has another side to his personality. He gets very upset when he sees people doing horrible deeds. So he often feels like he must punish them whenever they do.
Perceived: When most people think of Azorel they imagine there worst nightmares. They are terrified of him as he often cruelly “attacks” people for no reason in many different forms. Very few see him as a friend. Most of his worshipers see him as a threat and only worship him so as to make sure he doesn’t come and attack them, usually with gifts, food, and money. Very few realize that he doesn’t actually care about this. He only cares about good deeds, so most of his worshipers are non-important to him.
Overall: Azorel often searches for people who are good, traveling all over the globe. When he finds them he serves them. When he finds corrupt evil people he attacks them to put an end to there heinous acts. But because he stumbles upon evil people much more often, only a handful of people get the chance to be his companion. He almost always follows the orders of those with high morals. If he sees an immoral person/deity he will attack. He will also fight for what he believes in. He very rarely kills anyone, but if he finds true evil he will destroy it in its entirety. Those who aren’t evil but not good he will normally try to teach them a lesson (nothing too bad) to help them become a better person. (note: his mind literally snaps when he is near an evil person/deity.)
Focus: Reflections, Azorel gains power from the energy that reflections absorb from any and all beings.
Portfolio: Morals.
Backstory: Azorel was created when civilization first emerged. He was much smaller back then. He often went into towns under a disguise as people’s most ideal creature, hoping to fit in. As time went by Azorel saw many horrible acts, he tried to convince people to stop but they wouldn’t listen, even though he was a deity. His mind snapped and he turned into the worst form possible for all of those with evil hearts. He punished them just like they punished others. He helped to protect those in need, often serving under good people. Over time his reputation began to build as the punisher. Most people fear him, as he would even clash with other deities if he felt like they were being immoral. (Also if anyone wants to be the polar opposite of my deity go ahead :P)

Is this a good deity BCLEGENDS?

(Finally Azorel wields a shapeshifting weapon. It is normally in the form of a sword. (note: the weapon can not change while in the middle of combat.))

Flag Post

Name: Furoren
Alternate Name(s): Furor
Title(s): The smith
Appearance: Furor is a dwarf, standing at 3’7". His has long brown hair and a large beard and green eyes. His clothing is simple, with a black apron and a simple shirt and trousers. There is really no way to tell him apart from an average smith unless he shows his powers or one recognizes him.
Personality
Base: Furor is modest. He does not brag or show off, and he takes insults quite well considering that he could kill most who have insulted him with little repercussions. He helps those who follow him and generally doesn’t care about those who don’t. He also despises liars.
Perceived: He is perceived as somewhat kind and always reasonable. He doesn’t put up with liars and non-believers, and he helps those who truly follow him.
Overall: Furor is modest, reasonable, and doesn’t tolerate people who don’t truly follow him.
Focus: Metals: Furor is the greatest smith to have ever lived. He is known to make his follower’s equipment abnormally strong and occasionally give the equipment magical properties.
Backstory Some time about 37 to 40 thousand years ago, Furor came into existence, worshiped by a group of dwarven smiths. In return for their worship, Furor made their products stronger and better. From there his following grew amongst smiths. Eventually, warriors began to worship him too, and in return he made their armor stronger. On one occasion, Furor noticed a dwarf warrior who followed him. He was one of the most devout followers Furor had encountered, and a valiant warrior. Furor blessed him with heavily enchanted equipment, this being the first time he had given magical properties to equipment beyond making them simply higher quality. Otherwise, he hasn’t done anything all that noteworthy, or at least nothing he has taken credit for besides greatly increasing his following amongst warriors and smiths.

Flag Post

Focus: Moral values, he gains his energy off of good deeds, causes, and everyone who favors justice.

BC said that your focus cannot be an abstract concept.

Flag Post

Well that sucks for me XD, what would be another good focus?

I dunno… Mirrors? It’d be kind of fitting…

Flag Post

Still seems a tiny bit abstract to me… But that’s up to not me, but BC, to decide.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Still seems a tiny bit abstract to me… But that’s up to not me, but BC, to decide.

Well thanks for your help :D

Flag Post

Well, this might be interesting. The only problem is, my schedule fluctuates, and I cannot be sure of constant posts in the game, so I don’t want to get kicked for not being able to get to my computer.

Flag Post

Sign!, though I may not have time to write full description right now!

Name: Màtoha
Nickname: The Mà(Often written the Maw)
Title(s): Death’s Embrace, The Purifier
Appearance: A tall and lean gentleman. wearing a dark grey jacket, a grey-ish white undershirt, black pants, a cloak with a hood that normally stays over is head at all times. He has grey eyes, black hair and a pale skin. He wears black gloves as well. When frustrated, his face slowly fades away to reveal a skeleton. His left hand is the only body part that is always skeletal.
Personality:
Base: Màtoha thinks very high of himself and considers others as low-life, especially non worshippers. He is calm and collective, but if pushed he can become extremely agressive. In his mind, the living are a curse and he is merely purging the land of corruption.
Perceived: He is perceived in many different ways. Lawful and good hearted people will often perceive him as a cold killer, killing innocent lives as he passes through town. They often keep an eye on him, but keep their distance. The General population interpret him as the grim reaper, taking away the sick and weak. Families of the soon to be deceased often try and offer deals to spare their loved ones lives, which are often considered. His worshippers obviously adore him, and often offer part of their souls for a chance of being raised as a powerful undead in the afterlife. He is the purifier, killing the flaws in humanity and creating the perfect race of the undead.
Focus: Death. If too abstract, The souls of the dead.
Backstory:
Death has always existed, though not as much as when the Mà came into existence. At first mistaken by a simple plague, he went from town to town, killing off various different people and started spawning the undead. It didn’t took long before he reached a position of power, becoming a skeletal monster of nightmares, but it wasn’t long before the other dieties stripped him of that strenght. He still keeps a souvenir of his true form that is shown when he is frustrated. His left hand has been kept skeletal as well, often shaking the hands of those unwanting life with it.