[Sign-Ups] Deify page 2

231 posts

Flag Post

Name: Xinuriel
Alternate Name(s): Sikariul
Title(s): The Flux Controller.
Appearance: Wears a dark purple robe with a hood. The robe he uses has long sleeves that also cover his hands. The robe is also got pointed shoulders, being the hood also pointed. The robe is long enough so one never sees his “feet”. He’s actually made of some kind of energy that shifts colors. Most times one sees, where his “head” is, is a shadow, but some times he is a shining golden light inside his robes
Personality
Base: Quiet and misterious most of the times, when he talks he never says more than two phrases.
Percieved: A person that is always sharing knowledge, is always open for a talk. Seen most times as a wise man
Overall: A deity portraited to know anything that can be known. Most times seekers of wisdom pray to him.
Focus: Celestial objects. Xinuriel can control any kind of objects that come from outside the planet. He can also “call” them if needed
Backstory: Xinuriel as he calls himself, was created when a comet was first seen by the humans. They thought that he was some kind of god and then they started worshiping him, thinking that he would protect them. From the passing of ages, he was seeking for someone that could have the potential to change the world. He then saw a person that was studying the skies. He aproached to him, in a human form, an asked him what he was doing. He said that he thought that the Earth was not the center of the universe. Xinuriel, going by the nickname of Sikariul, taught him most things about the universe. His pupil then shared the knowledge with everyone he knew, but they didn’t believed him. He was pursued by the worshippers of the actual religion and he was punished to death if he didn’t retracted of what he thought. After saying that, his pupil left the court mumbling “Eppur si muove”. After that, Xionuriel was portraited as a bringer of wisdom but, when his pupil was persecuted for sharing what he was taught, he turned more quiet and misterious, trying to not make the same mistake again.

Flag Post

Name: Ferren

Alternate Name(s): The Spellsword, Firemane

Title(s): Bearer of the Firebrand,.

Appearance: Human female, long brown hair tied in a pony tail. Can also appear as a black steed of fire that only touches strangers. When she appears in human form she is usually in fairly battered steel armour, holding a sword that is on fire. Fairly tall and lean in stature.

Personality
Base: Ferren values much, over anything else, martial prowess in order to earn her respect, she is not stubborn, but firm in what she believes to be the correct course of action, and, unyielding in cause and combat, will fight to the death.
Perceived: Many people believe she brings justice, and do not recognise a higher purpose than to balance karma by purging evil doers and rewarding those who did well in combat.

Overall: Intervention in many losing fights between humans, Ferren is a bringer of firm justice, and a cause that is not known. She picks her fights what looks like at random to humanity but she alters these battles for the greater good of existence and the race, in the long run.

Focus
Battle: Ferren is not just good at martial combat, but magical, she can enhance herself and allies speed, strength and even shield people from powerful ranged magics by deflecting them from her allies. She can also enhance people’s brains to make their reflexes sharper. Generally, the army she is a part of becomes strong enough to defeat the other by enhancement and by being protected from dangerous weapons such as magic. She can enchant weapons and armour with fire, and harness the power of destructive jets of fire in the form of a spear, most of her battle magic comes in the form of conflagration or flames.

Backstory: Formed in a war, a battle so fierce and even that neither side let up for almost 3 years of combat, until the leaders of the forces decided to end it in martial combat, the leader of the human army, against that of a destructive force of nature, ice elementals. At the last minute of the battle, the ice golem caved in his horse’s chest cavity. The leader rallied himself and kept fighting, and fighting, not letting up until certain death was upon him. Suddenly the horse’s soul leaped from his body, made of fire and blood, and stampeded over the ice golem who was poised to deal the final blow, trampling him and melting the ice away. This was the first incarnation of Ferren, the Firemane, born in the heat of battle and turning the tide in favor of the humans since that very moment, ice elementals now are hidden in the depths of the earth, encased in ice deep in underground caves, and in the sea, and on the poles, waiting for a chance to bring war again.

Flag Post

Azorel and Furoren are accepted. RRR, noted. ZZZ, I’ll consider yours if you finish him. Behemoth and ocelot…

…I can’t accept Behemoth’s sign-up. I was originally going to decline ocelot’s, but upon further consideration, it is actually acceptable.

EDIT: Further examination has me wondering whether you meant to have “celestial objects” as your character’s focus, Behemoth. If that is the case, I’d like to ask that you change the word used as appropriate.

Flag Post

How many deities do we need to start this up? (Also are you going to have your own deity?)

Flag Post

Well, the actual number of deities doesn’t matter all that much. I’ll probably start the game itself on the Wednesday, given that my schedule is clearer after that, so look forward to that. And yes, I’ll probably make my own deity. I have an idea in mind, which will be familiar to anyone who has a played a particular games series of Fogfun’s.

Flag Post

Name: Ergos Materia.

Alternate Names: N/A.

Titles: Mother Science; Lady Savant; the Gifter of Knowledge and Technology; the Technic Muse; the Two-Faced Lady.

Appearance: Ergos Materia appears as an extremely beautiful young woman of medium height, with fair skin, waist-length hair, and a slender yet curvaceous build; her appearance is so perfect as to appear ever so slightly artificial.
Aside from this, Ergos Materia seems to have some kind of a dual nature. She can have deep blue eyes, and hair of black liquid metal, covered from the neck down in a skintight catsuit made of the same liquid black metal, adorned with numerous pieces of futuristic-looking black metallic machinery, and intricate, dark blue and indigo Tron lines, as well as glowing crystals of the same colors. In other words, your typical robot girl. Or she can have bright fiery red eyes and hair made of white flames, her body from the neck down covered in intensely bright red, pink, and white light, plasma, fire, electricity, and lazorz. Those two bodies often appear at the same time, and talk to each other. The two bodies can merge into a single one, a mixture of the previous two forms, except the colors are now purple and green; the liquid metal, machinery, and flames are purple, while the Tron lines, crystals, and lightning are green. In this merged form her eyes are neon green, and her hair resembles strands of purple liquid plasma.
For explanations on why she appears this way, see her backstory.

Personality:
- Base: The base personality of Ergos Materia is known by very few, if any at all. BCLEGENDS knows what it is, but I will not put it here.
- Perceived: Ergos Materia is believed to have a dual nature; some even say that she’s two deities joined as one or something along those lines. The half that appears a dark-colored gynoid, commonly referred to as just “Materia”, is calm, contemplative, and kind, bestowing knowledge and technology to others to improve their lives. The other half the resembles a light-colored elemental creature, commonly called “Ergos”, is lively, but impulsive and selfish, using science and technology to benefit herself with little consideration for those around her. Both halves are extremely intelligent and ingenious, possessing an insatiable curiosity, a desire to understand how the universe functions.
- Overall: As her base personality is not known, the overall personality of Ergos Materia is not clear either. However, in public she acts exactly like her perceived personality.

Focus: SCIENCE! All worshippers of Ergos Materia believe that the focus of their goddess is high-tech equipment, machines, or something like that. That is not an unreasonable assumption, so most people don’t doubt it. As for if it’s actually true… Well, BC knows the answer.

Portfolio: Knowledge, science, and technology.

Backstory: In the more technologically advanced parts of the world, Ergos Materia is widely worshipped by scientists, engineers, professors, teachers, scholars, and generally anyone of great curiosity and intellect. She is known to have inspired many amazing scientific discoveries and technological breakthroughs like how a muse inspires art, hence earning her the title “the Technic Muse”. However, a lot of things about Ergos Materia remain unknown. As such, many scholars with too much time on their hands spend a lot of time arguing about these things.
First of all, it isn’t clear when she came into being. Some say that Ergos Materia was born over 50,000 years ago when the first intelligent beings made the first tools. Others claim that she was only created with the advent of modern technology, despite there being records of her far earlier than modern times, though some scholars argue that these records depict a different deity altogether. She is known to have taken different forms in the past, so it remains unclear. The origin of Ergos Materia is the most hotly debated topic among her worshippers.
Second, it is widely debated why Ergos Materia chooses to appear as a beautiful young woman. Some of her worshippers say that she does so to emphasize the inherent beauty and elegance in science and scientific discoveries; some say that her appearance is to remind people that science and technology can be used to make their lives more pleasing; others say that her beauty alludes to the allure of knowledge itself. Regardless, no one can agree on this matter.
Third, it isn’t known why Ergos Materia has a dual nature. The most common interpretation is that her more benevolent side represents the benefits that science and technology can give, and her more dangerous side reminds people of the harm that the misuse of technology can bring. The goddess herself has neither confirmed nor denied this interpretation of her character.
At the moment, Ergos Materia is known to be in close alliance with four other deities of similar power. They are Nekross, god of undeath and necromancy (focus is the necromantic magical energy that reanimates undead); Lethea, goddess of chemicals and poisons (focus is chemicals in general, though more closely associated with toxic chemicals); Andros, a mortal man turned god (focus is his own formerly mortal body); and Psychosis, a goddess of mentality and thought (focus is the human brain). It is not clear when, how, or why this alliance started.
Yes, Ergos Materia does indeed have a real backstory, but only BC knows that.

Flag Post

Ergos Materia is accepted.

Flag Post

(@Blood_Shadow I’m not gonna lie you have a very impressive deity.)

Flag Post

Name: Draven

Alternate Names:Libra

Titles: The Axe Thrower, Balancer of the scales

Appearance: A tall, powerful male, Draven has black hair and wears a black T-shirt with a brown leather jacket and grey jeans. He carries two throwing axes that he weilds with skill

Personality:
-Base: Draven enjoys the limelight and often appears at exicutions to show off his axes. He lets the prisoner run away and then thows an axe at them. He has Never missed,but he will never harm an innocent bystander, this is because he feels the need for more justice in the world
-Percieved: His followers think of him as cruel and heartless and they only ever follow him out of fear
-Overall: a merciless deity with pity for the weak, he is a being of justice and always does what he feels to be right and nothing else

Focus: Draven focus is his axes, they are the symbol of all he represents
-portfolio: balance

Backstory: as long as there has been good and evil, there has been Draven. He has been alive since the first axes were first created and he will live until Earths’ dieing day, until then you can only hope that you aren’t the one that’s trying to run.

Flag Post

(@thedude0 you forgot overall personality.)

Flag Post

thanks, it’s fixed now

Flag Post

You’re welcome :D.

Flag Post

Draven is… uh…
…not sure about Draven, actually. Fame seems fairly abstract to me… what does everyone else think? Should I allow abstract concepts like fame, or should I not?

Flag Post

I think thedude0 should elaborate a bit more if you find it abstract. (And I do find it a bit abstract myself)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

I think thedude0 should elaborate a bit more if you find it abstract. (And I do find it a bit abstract myself)

Agreed. thedude, please elaborate.

Flag Post

sorry, I will amend right now
apart from focus everything else is ok yeah?

Flag Post

maybe you could talk a bit about why he likes fame.

Flag Post

Sorry to say this, but fame and fortune sounds abstract no matter how you look at it.

How about this? Aside from its focus, a deity also has a “portfolio”, a list of abstract concepts that the deity is closely associated with and worshipped for. The deity does not actually draw power from its portfolio, but it is more proficient with powers related to its portfolio. For example, the portfolio of my deity Ergos Materia is obviously knowledge, science, and technology, while her focus is… something secret.

Originally posted by gammaflux:

(@Blood_Shadow I’m not gonna lie you have a very impressive deity.)

Wait till you see her real backstory.

Flag Post

@thedude0
This just in: Creativity is at an all-time low!

Flag Post

fixed again hope you like!
pm me if it needs fixing again btw I got this idea from L.O.L (not laugh out loud or lots of love :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by thedude0:

fixed again hope you like!
pm me if it needs fixing again btw I got this idea from L.O.L (not laugh out loud or lots of love :)

“Balance” is even more of an abstract concept than fame. It needs to be something physical, like your axes or something.

BC, you should just go with what I said. You know, allowing a deity to have a physical focus and a number of abstract concepts as a portfolio.

Flag Post

You know what, Blood? That’s not actually a bad idea. I shall add this. People, please edit your profiles appropriately.

Flag Post

How many abstract concepts do we need per portfolio?

Flag Post

I can do ‘life’ as a semi-focus now, right?

Flag Post

Fix’d.